GOP's anti-Muslim display likening Rep. Omar to a terrorist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Dp

Emperordmb
Hey **** off Broly! Don't insult Rep. Omar!

She's a fresh face! So fresh. So face.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Racism is ok when Leftists like Robbie endorse it.

Surtur

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Hey **** off Broly! Don't insult Rep. Omar!

She's a fresh face! So fresh. So face.

Yeah, the Dems have multiple anti-semites in congress and until they flush them out I'm just gonna picture this whenever they cry about bigotry:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PeacefulDizzyElver-size_restricted.gif

BrolyBlack

Surtur

Robtard

Surtur

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol nope you've already shown how you'll spin it with this response. The same way all leftists spin it: pretend she's merely criticizing Israel and ignore the fact she just so happens to stumble upon anti-semitic tropes as she does it.

I will say, in response to your overall thread, that hate begets hate.

So you can't is what you're saying and are declaring a win regardless.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
So you can't is what you're saying and are declaring a win regardless. Incredibly disturbing, but I'm not suprised Rob.

Surtur
So you can't is what you're saying and are declaring a win regardless.

I'm saying I won't because you already tipped your hand at how you're gonna play it, so why bother?

Anyways, like I said: hate begets hate, right?

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Incredibly disturbing, but I'm not suprised Rob.

It's strange to me it's disturbing to you I don't want to engage Rob in his trollish games. In the very same sentence he asked me the question he already spewed out the standard leftist talking point used for this issue lol.

I guarantee you he already knows the things she has said and knows why people had issues with them. I guarantee you he knows that it wasn't the mere fact Israel was criticized by her, but rather the *way* she did it that people had issues with. He will play dumb, of course, but I'd be surprised if anyone is still buying it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Incredibly disturbing, but I'm not suprised Rob.

What's odd, is that I'm genuinely curious to these comments as I don't follow this woman, the one thing I now is the one comment that was posted here and it was clear she was attacking Israeli polices there and not blowing anti-Semitic dog-whistles as a few certain types here tried to push.

Surtur
What's odd, is that I'm genuinely curious to these comments as I don't follow this woman, the one thing I now is the one comment that was posted here and it was clear she was attacking Israeli polices there and not blowing anti-Semitic dog-whistles as a few certain types here tried to push.

LOL! I legit laughed out loud. Yup, genuinely curious. You sure did know the exact talking point used to defend her, but yeah you're curious thumb up

Robtard
LOL! I legit laughed out loud. Yup, genuinely curious. You sure did know the exact talking point used to defend her, but yeah you're curious thumb up

Read what I said: Because of one thread here where it was happened as noted, she attacked Israeli polices and some used that to claim she was hating on all Jews.

Surely that's not the one and only comment she's made, you implied she does it often.

Surtur
Read what I said: Because of one thread here where it was happened as noted, she attacked Israeli polices and some used that to claim she was hating on all Jews.

Surely that's not the one and only comment she's made, you implied she does it often.

She's made multiple comments indeed, but you know that already. Recently deleted tweets she'd left up for years about Israel "hypnotizing the world".

I know I know, just a criticism of their policies. Invoked the dual loyalties trope, again: just policy criticism.

Robtard
It's like you're scared of posting these comments verbatim and letting them stand on their own, so you're just claiming she's blowing anti-Semitic dog-whistles and declaring a victory while excising yourself from the exchange.

But I googled "dual loyal trope Iihan Omar dailywire", now I know where you got your marching orders.

Surtur

Lestov16
Muslims are just Desert Mormons. They deserve to be scorned, and those who don't want scorn should convert to other religions

Robtard

Surtur
If that's the best you can do, yes, you fail. She's talking about the country of Israel and Israeli policies, not going "all Jews bad!". You can disagree with the comment, sure, but spinning it into something else is silly.

And this is why I didn't want to bother lol. Such disingenuous dribble. Do better.

Surtur
Originally posted by Lestov16
Muslims are just Desert Mormons. They deserve to be scorned, and those who don't want scorn should convert to other religions

Muslims don't deserve to be scorned, Islam does.

Lestov16
If that's the best you can do, yes, you fail. She's talking about the country of Israel and Israeli policies, not going "all Jews bad!". You can disagree with the comment, sure, but spinning it into something else is silly.

So would you say every Israeli citizen is an evildoer?

Bashar Teg
And this is why I didn't want to bother lol. Such disingenuous dribble. Do better.

because his valid and factual distinction between criticizing isreal's policy and antisemitism hurt you little feefees?

Robtard

Because you're clearly scraping the barrel on this one, stretching it beyond its intended meaning. I have a feeling you knew this, but wanted to try to play the moral high ground anyways.

Robtard

No, I would not.

Did Iihan Omar ever say this?

Surtur

He's doing pretty much what I said they'd do: ignore the fact she invokes anti-semitic tropes when she criticizes Israel.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
because his valid and factual distinction between criticizing isreal's policy and antisemitism hurt you little feefees?

Lol there wasn't anything valid. He did what I said he'd do: ignore the fact she invoked an anti-semitic trope in her "criticism" of Israel.

Do better next time you white knight kiddo.

Lestov16
No, I would not.

Did Iihan Omar ever say this?

Yeah. Surt posted the quote. She doesnt say "Israeli extremists". She says "the state of Israel", condemning every Israeli citizen. Similar to how Islamic terrorists condemn the entire nation of America and use that condemnation to attack innocent citizens

Robtard
Yeah. Surt posted the quote. She doesnt say "Israeli extremists". She says "the state of Israel", condemning every Israeli citizen. Similar to how Islamic terrorists condemn the entire nation of America and use that condemnation to attack innocent citizens

Here's the quote again: "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."

She's talking about Israel and the policies of the government, not going "Jews are evil!". Now I don't agree with the comment, but I can also accept that Israel is rather heavy-handed at times with her policies.

Surtur

Yep and this trope about hypnotism and jews isn't new.

Why not just go "I disagree with this specific policy Israel has because...." instead of blanket statements like how Israel is hypnotizing the entire world.

Robtard

Surtur

Robtard
Surely you have more of these racist dog-whistles from her, right?

Yes, I'm mad and you win again, good job, sport.

Surtur
Surely you have more of these racist dog-whistles from her, right?

Yes, I'm mad and you win again, good job, sport.

I do, although most Dems were silent Nancy Pelosi did call her out and Omar ended up apologizing over it.

Feel free to google it smile

Robtard
Well post them then. You wanted to deflect away from poor GOP behavior; this was your point here. Cool, I'm allowing it.

Surtur
Feel free to google them kiddo, it's already clear how you'll spin it anyways smile

Robtard
So you had the one that's already been done and that was it.

Surtur
So you had the one that's already been done and that was it.

Nope, though how you handled the one shows how you'll behave.

Moving on: hate begets hate. Awful.

Robtard
Literally the one I said I knew about because a thread was made on it and it was already dissected. So yeah, you sure did pull one over me with the 4d chess, sport.

jaden_2.0
This thread shows exactly what I mean why I say that any criticism of Israel being immediately labelled anti-Semitic is one of the most stupid and persistent tropes in western politics.

Does criticising Saudi Arabia for its treatment of journalists and apostates mean you hate Muslims?

Does criticising the Vatican's handling of the child sex abuse scandals mean you hate Catholics?

Does criticising Myanmar over the Rohinga Muslims mean you hate Buddhists?

The answer to all those is clearly no.

Yet any criticism of Israel apparently means you hate Jews.

Maybe that's what she means when she says Israel has hypnotized the world.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
This thread shows exactly what I mean why I say that any criticism of Israel being immediately labelled anti-Semitic is one of the most stupid and persistent tropes in western politics.

Does criticising Saudi Arabia for its treatment of journalists and apostates mean you hate Muslims?

Does criticising the Vatican's handling of the child sex abuse scandals mean you hate Catholics?

Except no it's not that any criticism of Israel is labeled anti-semitic. It's when you invoke anti-semitic tropes in the process of that criticism that it becomes a problem.

jaden_2.0
And those "anti-Semitic tropes" just happen to be anything criticising Israel.

Surtur
And those "anti-Semitic tropes" just happen to be anything criticising Israel.

I'm sure some take it to that extreme, but the hypnotism thing is a pretty specific trope.

jaden_2.0
Enlighten me because I have no idea why it relates to something specific.

Surtur
Enlighten me because I have no idea why it relates to something specific.

Well you may have heard of another anti-jew trope about where jews run everything? One that goes along with it is the hypnotic jew, the idea that hypnotizing folk is how they achieved this supposed monopoly on everything.

jaden_2.0
I've heard of the former but not the latter. I'm aware about the accusations around Jewish banking families etc. Never heard of the hypnotism thing though.

Surtur
I've heard of the former but not the latter. I'm aware about the accusations around Jewish banking families etc. Never heard of the hypnotism thing though.

It's not meant to suggest legit magic or anything lol. Just them using their wiles to swindle people, essentially.

jaden_2.0
****ing Jews, can't even summon proper spells and incantations. No wonder no one likes them.

Surtur
Then again if they legit have jew magic they could probably use it to make us think it's not real.

*begins to panic*

jaden_2.0
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0xeJpnrWC4XWblEk/giphy.gif

dadudemon
This is a shit thread with shit discussion.

S_W_LeGenD

Spot on. thumb up

Surtur
Omar Doubles Down On Anti-Semitism, Accuses Jewish Congresswoman Of Wanting Her To Have Dual Loyalty To Israel

Go on, spin this too.

She even lies and tries to say she never said anything about the loyalty of others lol. Please, I want to see this defended. Somebody take a shot.

Surtur
dbl

Bentley
Originally posted by dadudemon

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon

Hate begets hate, it's awful.

Surtur
Side note: do we know who actually put the poster up? Actual evidence a Republican did it? Cuz yeah, we kinda need evidence of that. People no longer have the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this.

I know someone resigned, but it wasn't for the poster it was over a remark they made.

Kindly link me to the evidence a Republican did this, thanks in advance!

cdtm

cdtm
But yeah, this sounds like they're trying to pick a fight.

cdtm

That's the critical difference.

The display effective IS going "alll Muslims bad". It would be like if Omar had those old caricatures of hook nosed, shifty eyed money grabbers in her presentation.

Robtard

Bingo'd it again

BrolyBlack
Rob just get off KMC stop looking for bingos over words on the internet. Set yourself free. I dare you

Surtur
Bingo'd it again

No not at all, but you did try thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Rob just get off KMC stop looking for bingos over words on the internet. Set yourself free. I dare you

I'm still waiting for proof it was actually the GOP that did this. Seems a little too convenient...Omar is constantly tripping over anti-semitic tropes and it's mostly Republicans calling it out. So they then decide to...make her a victim?

Robtard
And now you're screaming "false flag!". Figures.

But that's easy, apply the same rules you use of "if they don't deny every claim, it's all true", which you've used in regards to any negative claim against anything you view as "Leftist" and/or triggers you.

Surtur

But that's easy, apply the same rules you use of "if they don't deny every claim, it's all true", which you've used in regards to any negative claim against anything you view as "Leftist" and/or triggers you.

So there really isn't any evidence, gotcha.

You might wanna ask a mod to change the title of this thread, it says this is the GOP's display.

BrolyBlack

Words on a screen typed on a keyboard, feel better?

mike brown
That poster is tasteless regardless of if you think she's said something anti semitic. What is the worst thing she has said, anyone? Everything I've seen was just anti Israel.

Surtur
Words on a screen typed on a keyboard, feel better?

Plus with all the fake hate crimes we've seen it would be silly not to ask for proof.

Robtard
Originally posted by mike brown
That poster is tasteless regardless of if you think she's said something anti semitic. What is the worst thing she has said, anyone? Everything I've seen was just anti Israel.

I've been asking this since page one, for a list of these anti-Semitic quotes so we can see and judge.

Surtur
I've been asking this since page one, for a list of these anti-Semitic quotes so we can see and judge.

You were already given one and you spun it.

Anyways, evidence the Republicans did this poster?

Robtard
Both points already addressed and countered on this page and the previous, bitter guy.

Surtur
Both points already addressed and countered on this page and the previous, bitter guy.

You didn't actually counter anything though kiddo.

Moving on: do you have evidence Republicans did this?

BrolyBlack
Why does it even matter any of it?

Surtur
Why does it even matter any of it?

Victimhood status is quite coveted these days. If they're gonna claim this was a hate crime they need to prove it.

BrolyBlack
No no I mean sitting here talking about this bullshit

Surtur
No no I mean sitting here talking about this bullshit

*shrugs* Nothing truly matters.

mike brown
You were already given one and you spun it.

Anyways, evidence the Republicans did this poster? If you're not willing to get specific about her anti semitism then why should we take it seriously as a counter point to her being portrayed as a terrorist?

Surtur

BrolyBlack

Robtard
If you're not willing to get specific about her anti semitism then why should we take it seriously as a counter point to her being portrayed as a terrorist?

I've also said a similar comment on page one.

Surely if she's such an anti-Semite (and maybe she is?), there would be more than one quote which you have to stretch very far to turn from attacking Israel's policies into a 'All Jews are evil!" type of dog-whistle.

Surtur
Literally said Israel is hypnotizing the entire world lol. There was no mention of any specific policy. Do better.

Even Nancy Pelosi called her out for using anti-semitic tropes. Deal with it.

mike brown
I don't really see that as anti-semitic. If anything the religious angle is creepy. But defenders of Israel often use the anti semitic label to demonized people who don't like Israel. It's just another form of pc bullshit to me.

Surtur
House Democrats forced to draft resolution in response to Rep. Ilhan Omar's anti-Semitism

Hilarious.

mike brown
See that is just what I mean. Accusing Zionists of having dual loyalty to Israel is anti semitic? What about the fact that they act like they do have dual loyalty. If you sign off on this as being anti semitic while also criticizing the left for their use of pc nonsense then you're just being a hypocrite.

Lestov16
Palestine defenders are essentially saying that they would prefer a sharia law theocracy to a secular democratic government that actually supports liberal views, such as LGBT rights. Funny that it's mainly liberals who support this anti-Israel Zionist narrative, while the supposed Nazi Trump has gone the extra mile to ensure Israel's status by making Jerusalem as its capitol. And we are supposed to view it as evil that the West supports what may be the only bastion of domestic human rights in the entire Middle East. Lulz

As Bart Simpson would say, really makes you think....

ares834

thumb up

cdtm
The resolution is a bad idea, imo. It's akin to admitting Omar did something wrong, which doesn't jive with continuing to work with her.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
The resolution is a bad idea, imo. It's akin to admitting Omar did something wrong, which doesn't jive with continuing to work with her.

You have to see it from their point of view though...they can't really whine and cry about the bigotry of Republicans if they ignore this. It's the same reason they got rid of Al Franken: they couldn't whine about Ray Moore unless they did. Or at least that was their thought process.

Surtur
See that is just what I mean. Accusing Zionists of having dual loyalty to Israel is anti semitic? What about the fact that they act like they do have dual loyalty. If you sign off on this as being anti semitic while also criticizing the left for their use of pc nonsense then you're just being a hypocrite.

I'm not the one who created these anti-semitic tropes lol.

And if it happened only one time it would be one thing, but it hasn't. She continually does this.

Here is a crazy idea: she could criticize specific policies instead of talking about hypnotizing people and dual loyalties.

mike brown
The thing is I don't get why that's a trope. To me it's a legit talking point... A lot of Zionists do seem to put Israel's interests above America's interests. Just labeling that anti Semitic is just an easy way to dismiss any such allegation.

cdtm
The thing is I don't get why that's a trope. To me it's a legit talking point... A lot of Zionists do seem to put Israel's interests above America's interests. Just labeling that anti Semitic is just an easy way to dismiss any such allegation.

It's all about association.

Putin posted a really good video on BBC about the "blueprint for world domination", which talks about geopolitics, and how it became a "dirty word" because of it's association with the Nazi's.

The fact is, you're going to find anti-semites mining legitimate talking points for their own ends (As do political opponents), which is where I think this tiptoeing around the line comes from.

Surtur

*shrugs* It's just been used as a way to demean jews. I can't explain why no more than I can explain the shifty/greedy jew stereotype.

Surtur

Putin posted a really good video on BBC about the "blueprint for world domination", which talks about geopolitics, and how it became a "dirty word" because of it's association with the Nazi's.

The fact is, you're going to find anti-semites mining legitimate talking points for their own ends (As do political opponents), which is where I think this tiptoeing around the line comes from.

This is why I say she needs to target specific policies that she disagree's with.

Robtard
Palestine defenders are essentially saying that they would prefer a sharia law theocracy to a secular democratic government that actually supports liberal views, such as LGBT rights. Funny that it's mainly liberals who support this anti-Israel Zionist narrative, while the supposed Nazi Trump has gone the extra mile to ensure Israel's status by making Jerusalem as its capitol. And we are supposed to view it as evil that the West supports what may be the only bastion of domestic human rights in the entire Middle East. Lulz

As Bart Simpson would say, really makes you think....

Disagree. In regards to Israel/Palestine issue, I'm for the two state idea and make Palestine be a legitimate country with it's own borders and economy.

Let Israel be Israel and let Palestine be Palestine. If the Palestinians then want to turn their country into a theocratic shithole, that's on them and they can't blame Israel as long as Israel abides and respects Palentine's own sovereignty and borders, same goes for Palestine respecting Israel in return.

Lestov16
Disagree. In regards to Israel/Palestine issue, I'm for the two state idea and make Palestine be a legitimate country with it's own borders and economy.

Let Israel be Israel and let Palestine be Palestine. If the Palestinians then want to turn their country into a theocratic shithole, that's on them and they can't blame Israel as long as Israel abides and respects Palentine's own sovereignty and borders, same goes for Palestine respecting Israel in return.

A key part of Palestine/Islam's theocratic dogma is it's landownership of Israel and particularly Jerusalem.

Robtard
A key part of Palestine/Islam's theocratic dogma is it's landownership of Israel and particularly Jerusalem. Oh, I understand that the two-state is a likely a pipedream, especially now. But still, it should be worked towards as what's there now isn't working.

I'm hoping if the Palestinians get a worthwhile amount of land where they can feasible turn into a working country and maybe a few tidbits of $$$ thrown in to help them build/-rebuild, getting some farming going etc., the Jerusalem issue might be let go by the majority. Obviously not everyone is going to be happy, but if enough people are, it could maybe work.

Robtard
dp

dadudemon
dp

Double penetration?

Robtard
Mormon's aren't supposed to have such thoughts

mike brown

The fact is, you're going to find anti-semites mining legitimate talking points for their own ends (As do political opponents), which is where I think this tiptoeing around the line comes from. That's one way of looking at it. Another is that pro Israel people purposely conflate criticism of Israel with bigotry in order to hurt the opposition.

Very simple question... Have any of the supposed anti semitic remarks not been specifically about Israel?

Surtur
Lol democrats are so weak they couldn't even agree on a resolution condemning anti-semitism. They legit resorted to whataboutism:

How Democrats turned an internal spat over anti-Semitism into a major diversion

And yes, it will not even be debated that it's whataboutism. It is.

Bashar Teg
And yes, it will not even be debated that it's whataboutism. It is.

this from the forum queen of whataboutism

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
this from the forum queen of whataboutism

The problem is...it's the left that whines like babies over whataboutisms. You simply cannot use them if you're gonna whine over them. Choose kiddo.

BrolyBlack
So they failed to pass a resolution that actually was target at her and Dems consider this a reprimand?

Surtur
So they failed to pass a resolution that actually was target at her and Dems consider this a reprimand?

Yep they passed the buck. This is the ultimate form of whataboutism.

Notice though that when Omar had that poster made about her they specifically called it Islamaphobia, they didn't just call out all hatred in general. Weird.

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel”

Another way of wording this tweet by her is "Israel has everybody fooled and I pray to God everybody see's how evil they are!". Yup, that's surely a specific criticism of a negative policy by the Israeli government.

Robtard

Surtur
The hypocrisy is amusing:

Person A: Anti-semitism is bad
Person B: All hatred is bad
Leftists: This is okay!

Person A: Black lives matter
Person B: All lives matter
Leftists: This is wrong!

mike brown
For the record I think anti semitism is bad, those comments just didn't strike me as particularly anti semitic. I was actually expecting something much worse... As there's a lot of actual anti semitism in the Islamic community and among extreme critics of Israel.

If anything the word "hypnotizing" was the most problematic thing she said, and that's still not overtly hateful to me.

People on the left actually do the same thing that you're doing when they portray anyone who refers to George Soros as this nefarious political influence as being anti semitic cause he's a Jew, and there's a long standing anti semitic trope of conspiratorial Jews running Western politics from behind the scenes.

Yet it's perfectly fine to say the same sort of thing about the Koch brothers. I'm actually trying to be fair here, I just found her comments fairly benign.

Surtur
For the record I think anti semitism is bad, those comments just didn't strike me as particularly anti semitic. I was actually expecting something much worse... As there's a lot of actual anti semitism in the Islamic community and among extreme critics of Israel.

If anything the word "hypnotizing" was the most problematic thing she said, and that's still not overtly hateful to me.

People on the left actually do the same thing that you're doing when they portray anyone who refers to George Soros as this nefarious political influence as being anti semitic cause he's a Jew, and there's a long standing anti semitic trope of conspiratorial Jews running Western politics from behind the scenes.

Yet it's perfectly fine to say the same sort of thing about the Koch brothers. I'm actually trying to be fair here, I just found her comments fairly benign.

The difference with the Soros shit is that most of the stuff is said about him specifically. Omar doesn't get specific. She says Israel is hypnotizing the entire world. She invokes stuff about dual loyalties and about people only being allies of Israel cuz of the money.

Now the common defense is "well, some people DO support Israel cuz of the cash they get, it's true!".

Yeah, and some black people love chicken. The left would still cry racism if someone made a comment implying blacks in general love chicken. If you can tell me they wouldn't do that, fine. If you feel they would, I think they have no argument here whatsoever. And I think we both know they would indeed say that is racist.

mike brown
It doesn't matter that it's directed specifically at Soros.. it still falls in line with a trope.

And she's only criticizing Israel specifically not Jews so the same logic applies. Instead of a specific person it's a specific country and the people who support it.

Plus the dual loyalty thing could apply just as easily to Christian Zionists as it could Jews, and your fried chicken analogy would only be apt if she said "Jews have dual loyalty."

cdtm
Kind of funny how 70% of Muslims (According to The Atlantic) voted Republican in 2000, yet the numbers switch by 2011.

It's obvious why, with comments like "Islam hates us". I just wonder if this was a "Southern strategy" to purposely throw out the (low turnout) Muslim vote, to inspire more of the base to vote in elections.

Surtur
It doesn't matter that it's directed specifically at Soros.. it still falls in line with a trope.

And she's only criticizing Israel specifically not Jews so the same logic applies. Instead of a specific person it's a specific country and the people who support it.

Plus the dual loyalty thing could apply just as easily to Christian Zionists as it could Jews, and your fried chicken analogy would only be apt if she said "Jews have dual loyalty."

I'm not saying the critiques of Israel or Jews can't be applied to other places, I'm just saying there is a history and a reason people react differently.

And dude see your arguments come off as disingenuous when you say she's going after the country and not jews. She is using anti-semitic tropes to critique Israel lol. One time is a coincidence, multiple times are not.

I just don't see why she can't go after specific policies of Israel. Go after a specific thing, don't say people only support them cuz they pay them or that they hypnotize the country.

And if you're saying she needs to flat out say "jews have dual loyalties" fine, but then the left has GOT to stop crying about dog whistles, cuz these are the definition of dog whistles. It cannot be both ways. The same democrats saying she isn't an anti-semite have cried over Trump "dog whistling". Can you at least acknowledge those Dems are hypocrites?

Robtard
So is criticizing India mean the critic is anti Hinduism?

Surtur
So is criticizing India mean the critic is anti Hinduism?

Okay so by this response I can only conclude you also agree democrats are to never whine again about "dog whistles" correct?

mike brown
I'm not saying the critiques of Israel or Jews can't be applied to other places, I'm just saying there is a history and a reason people react differently.

And dude see your arguments come off as disingenuous when you say she's going after the country and not jews. She is using anti-semitic tropes to critique Israel lol. One time is a coincidence, multiple times are not. The reason I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt is she's saying things I agree with and might have said myself... And I've never heard of these"tropes." In fact I believe the proponents of Israel purposely label these ideas anti semitic so they can dismiss them and vilify anyone who says them. It's the same weaponized political correctness the left uses so often.

I'm saying that she hasn't made any comments specifically about Jews to my knowledge, and that "Jews have dual loyalty" would be the equivalent to your "blacks like chicken" analogy. She didn't stereotype Jews with the dual loyalty comment. The influence of the Israel lobby on American politicians is well known and is actually a rather specific criticism.

But yes many on the left are hypocrites because they also use this sort of pc tactic to shut down opposition... Though in this case I would have to say the same applies to you.

And I'm not saying dog whistles don't exist either. I'm saying I think the supposed undertone of her comments is being vastly over blown. I'm even willing to admit "hypnotize" was definitely a poor choice of words when speaking about the Jewish state and was the closest example of a dog whistle here.

Surtur
Well I'm about to head out for the night, but I'll conclude with this: Democrats have often accused Trump of "dog whistling". This essentially means he is being accused of saying something racist or bigoted that is not so blatantly racist or bigoted. To give an extreme example...some have claimed "Make America Great Again" is a racist a dog whistle.

Going by the definition of dog whistle...Omar does it.

mike brown
Make America Great Again is just a stolen slogan from Ronald Reagan.

Surtur
Btw David Duke has embraced Omar lol.

It was big news when he did it for Trump sooo I'm sure this will be a yuge media story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.