Full Capacity: Thing & Storm vs Luke Cage & Kitty Pryde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
I truly apologize for bumping ancient threads that genuinely don't seem to spark interest anymore, (even though characters have evolved well-beyond whatever rabbit hole posters went down at the time of the original post)!

This, however, I am genuinely curious about: Both teams are convinced that the other team is going to (somehow) destroy the world unless they are stopped by any means necessary!

Who takes it? ("so-and-so stomps" are also very acceptable and welcomed answers, but I honestly don't know who would)

-Pr-
WB Quick Freeze.

As far as the thread goes, far too much of what I think relies on Luke Cage's current level. I don't know how he is currently.

leonidas
ben still takes luke but it isn't easy. i want to say storm has shown she can affect kitty at some point but can't remember specifically. something with winds affecting her motion maybe? which seems odd, but, comics. kitty does need to breathe as well so that is a possible option for storm i guess if kitty can't avoid it by phasing into the ground and appearing somewhere else. if not, i guess they stalemate. can't see kitty phasing anyone into the ground in character, so... /shrug

Philosophía
Kitty and electromagnetic fields don't get along too well:
https://imgur.com/a/4cN1G6J

She has phased through lightning, but I can see Storm doing something similar to that, maybe.

StiltmanFTW
That was a long time ago.

Still, Ororo has all the time in the world... Kitty's air-walking ability can't match the true flight.

Philosophía
Yeah, and also..
http://i.imgur.com/PqzzFJr.png

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

T2's best chance would be to fastball special Kitty at Storm. Once (and if) they take her out, it's over.

Cage is strong enough (remember Ymir?). Problem is, Storm is not a dumbass and has seen Logan and Colossus executing that maneuver since, like, forever.

leonidas
lol yeah that was the scan i was thinking of phil. i'm not sure how much em control she has. i know she has that showing when she was amped but i don't THINK she's controlled em fields before. i wonder if kitty could be dehydrated while intangible? i mean the water is still IN her. i dunno. shrug

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by -Pr-
WB Quick Freeze.

As far as the thread goes, far too much of what I think relies on Luke Cage's current level. I don't know how he is currently.

Thank you Pr! Happy to be here!

As for the fight, in addition to the EM issue, when Kitty phases a person into something, do they just become one solid mass on a molecular level, or is it more like their arm or their leg, etc are in-tact but just stuck inside, like an appendage frozen in a block of ice?

I ask cuz the instinct here seems to be Luke vs Thing, and then Storm vs Kitty, but the way I see it as a FULL CAPACITY fight, what's to stop Kitty from immediately phasing into the ground and pulling Ben into it?

Would that just kill Thing? Or would he be able to break out as if he were in just frozen ice or intact in another solidified material?

Further, is there anything Storm can do that can actually hurt Luke? Cuz if Kitty immediately incapacitates Grimm, I think Storm is SOL

DarkSaint85
So when Kitty did it to Hulk, it was like he was buried in ice.

As for Storm vs Cage, she could toss him away with winds perhaps? Or just spam lightning.....he's tough, but not Juggy levels.

Bentley
Storm solos.

Controlling galaxies and sh_t.

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So when Kitty did it to Hulk, it was like he was buried in ice.

As for Storm vs Cage, she could toss him away with winds perhaps? Or just spam lightning.....he's tough, but not Juggy levels.

Got it. The only follow up to that is, is she capable of fusing things on a molecular level, and did she just try to incapacitate Hulk without killing him due to Character Induced Restraint?

And I get that Luke's not quite on par w Juggernaut, but it takes a sec for Storm to summon lighting, winds, etc (at least as far as I know and could def be wrong), but all he needs to do is lunge at her and if he gets one hand on her she's out, right? How high can Luke jump?

Originally posted by Bentley
Storm solos.

Controlling galaxies and sh_t.

When did she do this?

EDIT: Would anyone consider it PIS, if Kitty & Luke did win this fight as stipulated (Both teams are convinced that the other team is going to (somehow) destroy the world), or would that feasibly make sense to you?

Bentley
The Galactic Core feat:

https://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh91/thesilverteam/Stormgalacticcoresmall_zps50c5fd3e.jpg

She has to be next to a Galactic Core to achieve it though awesr

Quick Freeze

Bentley
Well, as I see it Storm is the fastest, more mobile, more powerful, more skilled and more versatile character in this thread. Her only weak point is that she has human durability, but given the starting distance of 500 meters she should be able to fly easily and take all the time she wants to dump whatever cataclism she wishes to afflict the other team with.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Got it. The only follow up to that is, is she capable of fusing things on a molecular level, and did she just try to incapacitate Hulk without killing him due to Character Induced Restraint?

And I get that Luke's not quite on par w Juggernaut, but it takes a sec for Storm to summon lighting, winds, etc (at least as far as I know and could def be wrong), but all he needs to do is lunge at her and if he gets one hand on her she's out, right? How high can Luke jump?

Yeah, she COULD'VE continued phasing him, and we don't what would have happened had she done his head/vital organs etc.

When did she do this?

EDIT: Would anyone consider it PIS, if Kitty & Luke did win this fight as stipulated (Both teams are convinced that the other team is going to (somehow) destroy the world), or would that feasibly make sense to you?

Quick Freeze

One Big Mob
Full capacity Thing controls the rocks in their bodies.

Quick Freeze
Lol, but seriously. I'm not convinced that Storm can quickly and easily summon that exact EM frequency Magneto used. I remember Kitty has said lightning "tickles" in the past so it's not as simple as just "electricity." Meanwhile, Cage is throwing rocks, cars, thunder clapping. He can shield Kitty from EM attacks, and she can phase them from wind attacks. He can jump up at her. I know he's not quite Jugs-level per se, but what difference does that actually make in a fight against Storm? I think it's entirely possible for the two of them to get to her, and if/when that happens...?

DarkSaint85
She could just scramble his brains a la Sinister:
http://i.imgur.com/0FdTjIl.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Lol, but seriously. I'm not convinced that Storm can quickly and easily summon that exact EM frequency Magneto used. I remember Kitty has said lightning "tickles" in the past so it's not as simple as just "electricity." Meanwhile, Cage is throwing rocks, cars, thunder clapping. He can shield Kitty from EM attacks, and she can phase them from wind attacks. He can jump up at her. I know he's not quite Jugs-level per se, but what difference does that actually make in a fight against Storm? I think it's entirely possible for the two of them to get to her, and if/when that happens...?

He can't jump good (or high) enough to tag a seasoned flier like Storm.

His best bet is to fastball special Kitty at her and count on Storm going full retard and let herself be tagged that way.

Quick Freeze

StiltmanFTW
Fun KMC fact:

Full capacity is always on by default rules, unless turned off by the threadstarter.

leonidas
full capacity as determined by their character. thumb up

anyway, storm could pretty easily take cage out and i'd think if kitty phased ben deep underground that would be the end of him. and in a standard environment she could go very deep underground. no way if he's that deep that he'd be strong enough to free himself before he suffocated--and it's not like he'd be ready and have taken a big breath anyway. then it's storm and kitty all over again. that's who it would come down to almost every time.

Quick Freeze

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.