Should we let the ISIS bride back into the country?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Judge denies motion to fast-track case of American-born ISIS bride

The Trump admin doesn't want to allow her back. Should she be allowed back?

I would say if she's allowed back...surely there are crimes to charge her with. She has said the only punishment should be "therapy".

BrolyBlack
No

Surtur
IMO she was no longer American once she pledged allegiance to ISIS.

And since I know how some here behave: no, I'm not saying that is how the process works when it comes to revoking citizenship, I'm giving my opinion.

Emperordmb
I thought this was a UK thing? Or is there one for the US and the UK? Or does this have nothing to do with the UK?

BestDebaterEver
There are ISIS bride stories for a few different countries.

Robtard
Depends, if she's a US citizen, she has every right to come back into the US, as that's how it works; but she's then open to face charges for any legitimate crimes she's done in regards to US law (did she actually break any?).

If the Trump admin is correct and she's not a citizen, then she can be denied.

BestDebaterEver
Originally posted by Robtard
Depends, if she's a US citizen, she has every right to come back into the US, as that's how it works; but she's then open to face charges for any legitimate crimes she's done in regards to US law (did she actually break any?).

If the Trump admin is correct and she's not a citizen, then she can be denied. Why do you love ISIS so much

Robtard
Great healthcare benefits, and the vacation time accrual is off the charts.

MythLord
If this is the pregnant woman who wants her child to not be a part of ISIS(I believe that's the UK thing) let her back, have her give birth to the child, then lock her up.

If this is some other woman who openly supported ISIS, but now doesn't and wants to return... Yeah, sure, return her. Just keep her under surveillence and if she broke any laws have her face penance for them.

dadudemon

If the Trump admin is correct and she's not a citizen, then she can be denied.

You are incorrect from a legal perspective. She lost the right of habeas corpus when she joined an organization that has declared war on the US. Since she was a US Citizen, that makes her a rebel under article one, section nine, of the US Constitution (subsection 2).

See below:

http://constitutionus.com/

Robtard
Feel like I'm missing something?

Does that do away with a person's citizenship? From your quote, it seems like she lost the right to due process and once in the US, they can just lock her up without trial (aka The Guantanamo).

mike brown
Anyone who joins ISIS deserves death via drone tbh

dadudemon
Feel like I'm missing something?

Does that do away with a person's citizenship? From your quote, it seems like she lost the right to due process and once in the US, they can just lock her up without trial (aka The Guantanamo).

Yup. thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yup. thumb up

Confused on the first part still, do they lose citizenship or no?

Putinbot1

If the Trump admin is correct and she's not a citizen, then she can be denied. thumb up /end thread. Everyone deserves rehabilitation etc, rapists and murderers don't lose citizenship. This would be a more slippery slope than anything freedom of speech related.

dadudemon
Confused on the first part still, do they lose citizenship or no?

You lose your citizenship, usually.

https://www.usa.gov/renounce-lose-citizenship

Rebellion and joining enemy militaries is probably an act of treason under most reasonable definitions.

But the habeas corpus issues are generally not at all applicable to these scenarios - you lose many rights when you commit crimes and you lose all rights when committing treason.

dadudemon
This is the most important part of the case:

She has no right to citizenship from both angles:

1. Birthright citizenship - she does not have it because her father still enjoyed diplomatic privileges until after her birth (see above).

2. US Citizenship - she lost it, even if she had it, when she committed treason by joining ISIS. She no longer gets to enjoy habeas corpus and her citizenship rights are lost.

She can apply for refugee status, possibly. But it will most likely get denied.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2019-03-04/justice-department-american-born-woman-who-joined-isis-not-a-us-citizen

This thread is done unless you guys want to talk more about this scenario.

Putinbot1
Is being a Bride joining the military?

mike brown
Originally posted by Putinbot1
thumb up /end thread. Everyone deserves rehabilitation etc, rapists and murderers don't lose citizenship. This would be a more slippery slope than anything freedom of speech related. I don't see the slippery slope. It applies when you swear allegiance to an entity that is literally at war with the United States. That is a very specific criteria. Seems like a pretty straight forward reason to lose your citizenship.

dadudemon

Yes.

But your question is better asked in a more factual way:

Is formally and publicly joining ISIS; obtaining a recognized title, within and externally to ISIS, called an ISIS bride; joining ISIS?

When framed in a proper way like I have, the answer to the question becomes obviously rhetorical. thumb up

Why would you ask your question so dishonestly, though? What's your agenda/angle in being dishonest like this? There's no wiggle room with a clear track record and mountain of evidence that she publicly, formally, voluntarily joined ISIS. She stated herself that she started to question joining ISIS around the time she got married to her second ISIL husband after the first one was killed. She was literally "in it" for that long before she questioned her motives. That, alone, her own personal testimony, destroys any hope she has of undoing her terrible ideas.

"I regret robbing the bank. I want to go back on my formal and official declaration that I want to rob the bank, the car trip to the bank, and the actions of actually robbing the bank."

It doesn't work that way.

Surtur
thumb up /end thread. Everyone deserves rehabilitation etc, rapists and murderers don't lose citizenship. This would be a more slippery slope than anything freedom of speech related.

Probably best to read the entire thread before you do this "end thread" stuff next time.

Zucc
Unfortunately no.

Simply for the purposes of deterring people from doing the same. It doesn't send a good, no BS and zero tolerance message when the U.S says "sure you can dip your toes in terrorist waters just to see what it's like. You can always come back to the country if you don't like it".

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
If this is the pregnant woman who wants her child to not be a part of ISIS(I believe that's the UK thing) let her back, have her give birth to the child, then lock her up.

If this is some other woman who openly supported ISIS, but now doesn't and wants to return... Yeah, sure, return her. Just keep her under surveillence and if she broke any laws have her face penance for them.

This is a US thing, though she does have an infant son.

Robtard
You lose your citizenship, usually.

https://www.usa.gov/renounce-lose-citizenship

Rebellion and joining enemy militaries is probably an act of treason under most reasonable definitions.

But the habeas corpus issues are generally not at all applicable to these scenarios - you lose many rights when you commit crimes and you lose all rights when committing treason.

Okay, then.

Was aware that you lose rights when convicted of a felony (eg voting) and even lose them while on probation. Wasn't aware losing your citizenship was one though in regards to treason.

SquallX

Rage.Of.Olympus
I am not a U.S. Citizen, and I cannot speak to their constitution, but imo, f*ck off and stay with ISIS.

I am disappointed by this question. It's loaded and lazy tbh.

Robtard

Chuck_Schumer
Sure. She can stay with me. Easy on the eyes tbh.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/isis-bride.jpg

mike brown
What a whore showing her face like that. And is that a ****in nose piercing?? Can't believe they let her join ISIS the ****.

dadudemon
While I'm aware that someone can be labelled a traitor and treason can be punishable by up to death, I was unaware that the person loses their citizenship.

Good to know though for future acts of treason that may come up :0

I understood that about your position which is why I included sources. No harm in not knowing obscure nuance in the US Constitution...and now you'll never forget it because of your memory. thumb up

snowdragon
This girl was on shaky footing to begin with as far as citizenship is concerned due to bureaucracy.

IMO it would be better to let her back and try her in a court of law then pull more political shenanigans.

Emperordmb
We surely have plenty of decent people who have been waiting a while to immigrate to the US legally who have never joined ISIS.

We don't hold the standard that any non-citizen is entitled to be in our country, it's a privilege we as a sovereign state extend, and frankly a privilege others are more deserving of than someone who joined ISIS.

If somebody actually believes in open borders, that's one thing, if not and you hold the traditional view that the sovereign state extends immigration as a privilege rather than a right, then this seems logically indefensible to me.

Putinbot1
@DDM perhaps it's not cut and dried and perhaps I will be proven correct.

We'll see

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/22/rule-by-tyranny-american-born-woman-who-joined-isis-must-be-allowed-return-lawsuit-says/

dadudemon
@DDM perhaps it's not cut and dried and perhaps I will be proven correct.

We'll see

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/22/rule-by-tyranny-american-born-woman-who-joined-isis-must-be-allowed-return-lawsuit-says/

Actually, no, there is no alternative outcome:

This is the most important part of the case:

She has no right to citizenship from both angles:

1. Birthright citizenship - she does not have it because her father still enjoyed diplomatic privileges until after her birth (see above).

2. US Citizenship - she lost it, even if she had it, when she committed treason by joining ISIS. She no longer gets to enjoy habeas corpus and her citizenship rights are lost.

She can apply for refugee status, possibly. But it will most likely get denied.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2019-03-04/justice-department-american-born-woman-who-joined-isis-not-a-us-citizen

This thread is done unless you guys want to talk more about this scenario.

She either had citizenship and lost or it she never had citizenship. There's no third option. In my example, she's already robbed the bank and blazed a trail of evidence and did it all very proudly.

Really, the thread is over. There's nothing left to debate because there is no debate. It's just the inevitable wait until every angle is shot done by US Courts while her lawyer(s) try to appeal to emotion angle with her son.

jaden_2.0
I find one of the arguments funny in that countries supposedly can't revoke citizenship because it's against international law to make someone "stateless".

Because...well...the clue is in the name. Islamic STATE.

**** them. Let them rot in their chosen third world hellhole.

Or better yet. Get a nice luxury plane chartered for them all to fly them back home then blow it out the sky over the middle of the ocean.

Bentley
Being stateless is a problem mostly because your kids are hard to register as citizens anywhere, potentially making new stateless kids that are paying for their parent's choices.

Putinbot1

SquallX
Jesus Christ Putin, she is a traitor that willingly joined the Islamic State to kill Americans!

Twist it how you want, or quote others, she has no right to demand shit from the US government.

gauntlet o doom
Is it worth wasting taxpayer dollars by letting a potential terror threat into the country then putting 24/7 surveillance on her?

Putinbot1
Is it worth not?

dadudemon

dadudemon
Originally posted by SquallX
Jesus Christ Putin, she is a traitor that willingly joined the Islamic State to kill Americans!

Twist it how you want, or quote others, she has no right to demand shit from the US government.

It's obvious. He can keep moving the topic to point #1 and ignore #2 all day. Regardless, there's no angle for citizenship for her. smile

Surtur
It's obvious. He can keep moving the topic to point #1 and ignore #2 all day. Regardless, there's no angle for citizenship for her. smile

Woah now, you're not looking at every angle. What about her feelings?

DeviantDefiance
Originally posted by Surtur
Woah now, you're not looking at every angle. What about her feelings?

Well, you must respect wamen and their emotions...

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
Judge denies motion to fast-track case of American-born ISIS bride

The Trump admin doesn't want to allow her back. Should she be allowed back?

I would say if she's allowed back...surely there are crimes to charge her with. She has said the only punishment should be "therapy".

It's pretty simple:

If she's a citizen, yes.

If she isn't, no.

mike brown
Is it worth not? Is there any good pragmatic reason you think we should treat her as a citizen? She joined the enemy... It's a binary decision either you are with us or with them.

And if she changed her mind? **** that, she can't be trusted. That's like defecting to the Nazis and then changing your mind and trying to come back to the allies during WW2.

YousufKhan1212
Nope.

Putinbot1
It's obvious. He can keep moving the topic to point #1 and ignore #2 all day. Regardless, there's no angle for citizenship for her. smile more than one expert thinks otherwise, we'll see.

Patient_Leech

If the Trump admin is correct and she's not a citizen, then she can be denied. Originally posted by BestDebaterEver
Why do you love ISIS so much Originally posted by Robtard
Great healthcare benefits, and the vacation time accrual is off the charts.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.