IW vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Which was a better movie and why?

Patient_Leech
I mean, I haven't seen Captain Marvel (so correct me if I'm wrong), but wouldn't Wonder Woman be a better comparison?

BrolyBlack
People gave it a 10 out of 10, which is above Wonder Woman, 10 out of 10 puts it in IW territory.

playa1258
IW and it's not close.

Estacado
Hahaha...

-Pr-
Infinity War is better.

So is Wonder Woman, as I'm sure that's a comparison that's going to be made a lot.

BruceSkywalker
BOTH are good...

come at me whiny people

Khazra Reborn
I haven't seen CM yet, but there's no way a by the numbers origin story is better than IW.

BrolyBlack

Silent Master
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
BOTH are good...

come at me whiny people

Why are you so mad?

Estacado
Originally posted by -Pr-
Infinity War is better.

So is Wonder Woman, as I'm sure that's a comparison that's going to be made a lot.

Hell Mera was a better hero than Captain Marvel...or at least more interesting...

If Fury didn't appear in the movie I feel it would have been really bad....

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
Hell Mera was a better hero than Captain Marvel...or at least more interesting...

If Fury didn't appear in the movie I feel it would have been really bad....

No she ****ing wasn't.

Fury did do a lot to make it watchable, I agree.

BrolyBlack

Estacado
Originally posted by -Pr-
No she ****ing wasn't.

Fury did do a lot to make it watchable, I agree.

I mean if they said Captain Marvel 2 comes out next year....I wouldnt even bother watching it thats how interesting the character was for me....

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
I mean if they said Captain Marvel 2 comes out next year....I wouldnt even bother watching it thats how interesting the character was for me....

I don't think she was that great either. I just think Mera was terrible.

BrolyBlack

James T. Kirk
Avengers: Infinity War. It was epic.

Josh_Alexander
Captain Marvel certainly makes it one of the best '1st Solo Heroe movie'. But it's in no way getting close to IW.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why are you so mad?

just calling out all the idiots who sought to derail the film without even seeing it..

Silent Master
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just calling out all the idiots who sought to derail the film without even seeing it..

What people in this thread were trying to derail the film before seeing it?

steverules_2

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Captain Marvel certainly makes it one of the best '1st Solo Heroe movie'. But it's in no way getting close to IW.
thumb up

quanchi112
Iw is the best film of all time. CM is not meant to be better especially in a shared cinematic universe. I am sure some might disagree but CM is a perfect appetizer for Endgame.

WolvesofBabylon
IW by a mile. CM was good but not a top tier movie by any stretch of the imagination

CoolBlackKnight
Gimme IW for 300 please Alex.

Surtur
Infinity War is far superior. I can't think of a single thing CM did that was better.

The only question now is will Endgame deliver? IW was such a good film...it's hard to follow and expectations will be high.

Dr Will Hatch
Infinity War is slightly better, but only because there's more going on it.

Robtard
Bit of an odd comparison, then again look who.

But Infinity War was superior of the two.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Infinity War is far superior. I can't think of a single thing CM did that was better.

The only question now is will Endgame deliver? IW was such a good film...it's hard to follow and expectations will be high.

I'm 99.99% confident it will, the whole script would have been written out for both films prior and I highly doubt the Russo bros, Markus and McFeely didn't save some of the best for last. They want to end Avengers on a high note.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur
I can't think of a single thing CM did that was better.

Cats

Eon Blue
Originally posted by quanchi112
Iw is the best film of all time. CM is not meant to be better especially in a shared cinematic universe. I am sure some might disagree but CM is a perfect appetizer for Endgame.

This.

IW is the pinnacle of cinema and the genre. Nothing can come close at this point.

Quincy
I dunno they are pretty different flicks.

Infinity War had a bunch of characters I like but there wasn't a super lot for them to do. Not much Character Arc going on there. It was really cool though. But was it a good like, film on it's own merits? That's hard to say because there hasn't been a series that does what Marvel flicks do.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Eon Blue
This.

IW is the pinnacle of cinema and the genre. Nothing can come close at this point.

Avengers 1 was still a better movie imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.