Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among dozens charged in alleged college cheating scam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
First saw this on Daily Wire, but I'll link to CNN to prevent any whining:

Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin among dozens charged in alleged college cheating scam

What a strange story. Not shocking though.

jaden_2.0
Entirely expected, unfortunately.

In all likelihood their kids are dumb as rocks too.

It's just as bad over here with aristocratic "old money" families.

Robtard
Not shocked at all.

eg Does anyone actually believe people like George Bush Jr and Trump made it into their Ivy League colleges on merit? No, daddy paid.

Surtur
Actually I am kinda shocked. Not that they'd do this, but about how they'd do it. I'd just go with manipulating grades. If a student didn't do as well as their previous grades claim...there would be all kinds of excuses that could be legit. Pressure of their classes, being homesick(if they're far from home at least), etc.

This had athletes though too lol. That's pretty brazen. It would be come clear quite quickly they weren't up to college level skill. I've read they feigned injuries or quit early, but that would be waaay more suspicious.

jaden_2.0
It is a very strange way to go about it. What happened to the old "donate lots of money to the university and get someone important to write a letter of recommendation" method.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Not shocked at all.

eg Does anyone actually believe people like George Bush Jr and Trump made it into their Ivy League colleges on merit? No, daddy paid. thumb up

ares834

Surtur
Lol there was even photoshopping the kids heads onto the bodies of student athletes.

Also lol@ calling it "Operation Varsity Blues".

Robtard

Archaeopteryx
So things in higher education are heavily slanted to favor the wealthy?

Thats kinda like saying it gets dark at night or water is wet.

Surtur
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
So things in higher education are heavily slanted to favor the wealthy?

Thats kinda like saying it gets dark at night or water is wet.

True, but now there is some proof.

Here is my question: the schools claim they had no idea, do people believe this is truly the case?

quanchi112
Surt, you really need proof life favors the wealthy? Where is your common sense?

cdtm
Not shocked at all.

eg Does anyone actually believe people like George Bush Jr and Trump made it into their Ivy League colleges on merit? No, daddy paid.

Not I.

Kind of funny how it's mostly liberals caught, given the climate. Since the FBI is overwhelmingly conservative, color me suspicious.

Weaponized sting?

shiv
Most of us would have no problem if some really wealthy person who has a scholarship programme helping thousands of people... some one who really gives back, or just pays their taxes and keeps it low key... and doesn't go around grandstanding... isn't whiny etc is the handy recipient of a generous break or two.

But some of these people... always handy with an opinion...and some corrupt lawyers caught up in there as well...ha ha ha imma get some popcorn.

dadudemon
Things like this will only harm the waning college/university degree programs. As education shifts from the classic university-template to more organic learning, these types of scandals will become meaningless. We just have to wait for the boomers and Gen-X people to start retiring so the old thinking can leave.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
First saw this on Daily Wire, but I'll link to CNN to prevent any whining:

Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin among dozens charged in alleged college cheating scam

What a strange story. Not shocking though.

Looking at a lot of the kids one thing is for sure, they certainly don't look like collegiate athletes.

Bigger, stronger, faster they are not.....they better hope for brains galore.

cdtm
Originally posted by snowdragon
Looking at a lot of the kids one thing is for sure, they certainly don't look like collegiate athletes.

Bigger, stronger, faster they are not.....they better hope for brains galore.

Photoshop editing. Something kids and incels do in their spare time.

Not exactly the sophistication I'd have expected from a scheme catering to the 1 per centers, but I guess if it works, it works.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Not I.

Kind of funny how it's mostly liberals caught, given the climate. Since the FBI is overwhelmingly conservative, color me suspicious.

Weaponized sting?

While the FBI is generally a Conservative heavy institution (which is funny considering Trumpers scream and smear the FBI in defense of their orange precious), I'd not read some sort of political angle/agenda in this. These people cheated and got caught. There's plenty more I'm sure on either side who've done the same and didn't get caught.

eg You think Eric Trump got into Georgetown U on his merits? He probably has trouble tying his shoes still.

cdtm
While the FBI is generally a Conservative heavy institution (which is funny considering Trumpers scream and smear the FBI in defense of their orange precious), I'd not read some sort of political angle/agenda in this. These people cheated and got caught. There's plenty more I'm sure on either side who've done the same and didn't get caught.

eg You think Eric Trump got into Georgetown U on his merits? He probably has trouble tying his shoes still.

*Puts on tin foil hat* It could be a good way to chip away at some heavy doners, maybe.

Surtur
I'm still curious if people think NONE of the schools were aware?

dadudemon
While the FBI is generally a Conservative heavy institution (which is funny considering Trumpers scream and smear the FBI in defense of their orange precious),

Didn't I post about this, before? You are 100% right. Many are social liberals but they are largely all conservatives. Not MAGA-peeps.

Surtur
What's also funny about the FBI is liberals used to be super suspicious about it instead of lovingly dry humping it's leg like they do now.

Robtard
What's also funny about the FBI is liberals used to be super suspicious about it

instead of lovingly dry humping it's leg like they do now.

Such as?

Not screaming "Mueller is dirty!" for close to two years doesn't equate to "lovingly dry humping".

quanchi112
I'm still curious if people think NONE of the schools were aware? Who cares.

Patient_Leech

cdtm
So we have proof of how easy it is to falsify someone playing on a team they were never participating in. An entire history is fabricated, thanks to the right person in the right position being a corrupt douche

It makes one wonder, what else can be falsified. Birth certificates? Professional career?

What stops an "enemy of the state" from simply buying his way into sensitive jobs that pass the background checks, because of a few corrupt arseholes?

quanchi112
So we have proof of how easy it is to falsify someone playing on a team they were never participating in. An entire history is fabricated, thanks to the right person in the right position being a corrupt douche

It makes one wonder, what else can be falsified. Birth certificates? Professional career?

What stops an "enemy of the state" from simply buying his way into sensitive jobs that pass the background checks, because of a few corrupt arseholes? Ask Trump.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/A4Gopco.jpg

Surtur
Major Democratic Donors Among Wealthy Elite Netted In Massive College Bribery Scandal

kdOPBP9vuZA

shiv
Solid Evidence

Criminals financed Nancy Pelosi and Kamala Harris Senate and House elections.

Surtur
They arrested Lori Loughlin, though she's out on bail. She's been booted off the Hallmark channel, where apparently she was a thing.

Shit though, William H Macy is involved in this shit too.

How is it he didn't know, did the wife do it behind his back?

quanchi112
https://i.imgur.com/A4Gopco.jpg Trump has his attorney threaten schools not release his pitiful grades.

laughing out loud

He is a fraud.

cdtm
Major Democratic Donors Among Wealthy Elite Netted In Massive College Bribery Scandal

kdOPBP9vuZA

So what do you think, Rob?

Major Democratic doners. No Repub doners caught in the net, though surely they exist.

Is this a targeted poitical attack, or happenstance?

quanchi112
Corruption on both sides. Duh.

BrolyBlack

Adam_PoE

BrolyBlack
Somehow all those highly educated people got us in to 22 trillion in debt, endless wars. Turned America into the worlds scapegoat and developed social networking platforms that spies on hundreds of millions of people, sold their data and now under criminal investigation.

Those ivy leaguers is where the government recruits from to fill their ranks as well. So all those highly educated people must be dumb as bricks.

Robtard
So what do you think, Rob?

Major Democratic doners. No Repub doners caught in the net, though surely they exist.

Is this a targeted poitical attack, or happenstance?

Your theory does hold more water now...

dadudemon

Surtur
Your theory does hold more water now...

It really doesn't.

Robtard
It really doesn't. Your opinion has been noted

Surtur
Lol Dr. Dre boasted about his daughter getting into USC on her own and joked "no jail time" in reference to this scandal.

Turns out he and another guy donated 70 million to USC in 2013

laughing

dadudemon
Lol Dr. Dre boasted about his daughter getting into USC on her own and joked "no jail time" in reference to this scandal.

Turns out he and another guy donated 70 million to USC in 2013

laughing

But, his donation stood up an institution and got a program started. It was done years before his daughter was even considering which college to go to and definitely before she applied because she wasn't old enough.

He did not bribe USC to get his daughter admitted like the others.

However, due to the inappropriate nature of his statements in context of his 2013 actions, I think he realized he made a big mistake so he deleted it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.