Amalgam Handicap Match: Superman Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
Super Soldier & Supermutant face off against their 3rd & final counterpart Thor-El!

It's Super Soldier:
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/amalgam/SuperSoldier-perezc-dig.gif
(90s Superman + 90s Captain America)

AND

Supermutant:
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/amalgam/Supermutant_CA.gif
(90s Superman + 90s Bishop)

VERSUS

Thor-El
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/amalgam/thorel.gif
(Blue Energy Superman + Classic Thor)

staxamillion
Supermutant would be able to absorb and redirect energy to highest level with superman amalgam- id tip my hat to them

DarkSaint85
Thor El, for me.

He's the fastest, the best energy manipulator, and has magic on his side.

DarkSaint85
Also, Supermutant sounds super gay thumb up

staxamillion
I want to say Bishop can absorb magic energy to but I could be wrong on that.

DarkSaint85
Tbh, I've never seen him do so. Perhaps a Bishop fan can say.

Smurph
Thor-El

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by demigawd
During Fatal Attractions, Magneto ambushed four or five X-teams during a funeral and held them all in stasis with his power while giving them a stern lecture. Bishop was immobilized like everyone else, but he naturally absorbs energy around him. Eventually, Magneto was emitting so much energy that Bishop couldn't hold anymore. So like a child who overeats, or someone who consumes too much alcohol...he threw it up, right back at Magneto.

What a lot of people here are missing is the fact that even though Bishop can absorb energy, he can still be hurt by it. He's never shown the ability to absorb physical attacks without damage either (but I have full faith that he's a better H2H combatant than Doom anyway). He hasn't shown the ability to absorb telepathic energy, but he has pretty good natural resistence to it (not to be confused with immunity). The effect of magic on him is unknown, but Doom doesn't do magic without special equipment anyway, so let's throw that out.

So what I'm trying to say is that a Doom blast of sufficient concussive force would still knock Bishop out (like in the above scan). It's just that when he wakes up, he'd be more powerful. But he'd still be knocked out.

In the end, it would turn into a game of "Doom shoots Bishop, Bishop redirects Doom's energy at Doom's forcefield". IF Bishop can stay conscious long enough to keep it going, then it becomes a "Doom's blast vs. Doom's shield" contest (IMO Doom's shield wins). I don't know if Bishop can stay conscious long enough to determine that, however.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, magic is unknown on him.

OTOH, Mjolnir is a far better energy manipulator. And Blue Superman himself is no slouch, being able to manipulate magic.

Quick Freeze
Yeah Thor-El is f*ckin stacked powerset wise. It really does come down to Bishop's abilities and if they're theoretically enhanced at all by being amalgamated with supes.Bishop supposely can absorb magic based in all of his profiles, but i really don't think it's ever been demonstrated in the comics, and certainly not by the early 2000s when we're saying this fight took place. I still don't think Thor-El stomps per se just because he's up against two amalgamated Supermen, but he does probably ultimately win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.