Christchurch NZ Terror Attacks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-injuries-reported-as-police-respond-to-critical-incident-live

4 people have been taken into custody, 2 mosques and a Hospital hit. Local reporting says as many as 30 dead In one mosque

Tzeentch
At least one of the perpetrators allegedly live-streamed himself driving to the mosque and opening fire once he got there.

Chuck_Schumer
Saw clips on liveleak. Really emphasizes the vile, disgusting nature of these crimes as well as the lack of empathy possessed by the perpetrators. The guy literally says subscribe to pewdiepie before doing what he did.

I'm curious as to how these individual coordinated and how they acquired the guns given New Zealand's strict laws.

Emperordmb
I was having a really great night till this happened.

Attacks like this steal people's lives, their families, their friends. They spread fear, hatred, enmity. They embody in some people the worst aspects of human nature.

Before I am tempted by my own human nature, before I respond in anger to what will be politicized to attack the right and attack Pewdiepie, before I am drawn into defensiveness, pulled into caring more about my own pride and moral posturing than the lives that were lost, falling to my own failings in the face of temptation, I'd like to unequivocally offer my prayers, my condolences, and my goodwill to the victims of this attack and to their families.

At least tonight for me, I will ensure that this has nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with my own honor or defensiveness, and everything to do with what matters most in this situation.

I urge everyone to stay strong in these difficult times. To find humility and compassion in the face of something that challenges the very character of everyone.

Tzeentch
I'm sure the dead and their families appreciate your platitudes.

You can't unpoliticize something that is inherently political like this shooting. Perhaps when your grieving is done and you're ready to respond in anger to something, you might leave poor victimized Pewdiepie and the Right alone and direct it toward, say, the group of people that radicalize individuals like this.

carthage
40 dead

Jesus

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-injuries-reported-as-police-respond-to-critical-incident-live

Idk if they counted the victims at the hospital in that tally

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Tzeentch

You can't unpoliticize something that is inherently political like this shooting. Perhaps when your grieving is done and you're ready to respond in anger to something, you might leave poor victimized Pewdiepie and the Right alone and direct it toward, say, the group of people that radicalize individuals like this. thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Emperordmb

At least tonight for me, I will ensure that this has nothing to do with politics,

But when its Muslims doing the shooting and white Christians as the victims then make sure you waste no time in politicising it thumb up

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But when its Muslims doing the shooting and white Christians as the victims then make sure you waste no time in politicising it thumb up

Hey at least nobody made a joke of it, or deliberately tried to derail the topic out of spite...yet

Putinbot1
All extremists are scum. Most Muslims are not extremists.

Putinbot1
Kind of puts things in perspective with all the culture war shit people are dumbed down by.

Alsalam walhabi lalamie alnaas

Lestov16
I hate extremist POS like this. They give sympathy to Islam and give Islamophobes like myself a bad name. RIP to the innocent moderate Muslims killed by this dumbass.

cdtm
Originally posted by Chuck_Schumer
Saw clips on liveleak. Really emphasizes the vile, disgusting nature of these crimes as well as the lack of empathy possessed by the perpetrators. The guy literally says subscribe to pewdiepie before doing what he did.

I'm curious as to how these individual coordinated and how they acquired the guns given New Zealand's strict laws.

I don't want to see the clips.

cdtm

You can't unpoliticize something that is inherently political like this shooting. Perhaps when your grieving is done and you're ready to respond in anger to something, you might leave poor victimized Pewdiepie and the Right alone and direct it toward, say, the group of people that radicalize individuals like this.

He will be attacked, as he always has, by people who need no excuse.

What angers me, is that they were cracking JOKES.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't want to see the clips.

Me either. RIP.

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Kind of puts things in perspective with all the culture war shit people are dumbed down by.

Alsalam walhabi lalamie alnaas

Agree, 100%.

I do think the speech from the article on imperialism is inappropriate, but there's no denying the media and politicians share of blame in what they say and cover.

Surtur
Number of dead is at 49 now. 3 people in custody. F*ck their names it doesn't matter they want their names said.

Putinbot1
But when its Muslims doing the shooting and white Christians as the victims then make sure you waste no time in politicising it thumb up thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
Agree, 100%.

I do think the speech from the article on imperialism is inappropriate, but there's no denying the media and politicians share of blame in what they say and cover. they are sadly what we have allowed them to become mate. thumb up

snowdragon
These guys should remain anonymous and send them to trial, don't empower them or their groups with media coverage.

Surtur
We can safely assume the one who live streamed it did it. So just put a bullet in his head.

Dr Will Hatch
Maybe we should start banning white people from civil society until we figure out what the hell is going on?

Surtur
A beautifully bigoted statement indeed.

cdtm
By all means, ban white people.

I'm certain that would end all human problems.

Surtur
Indeed. White Man Bad.

Robtard
I won't watch the video, don't like to see people being murdered

Seems at least one of these scums invoked the names of other White Supremacist mass murderers and his agenda was to create fear and incite others to violence against Muslims.

One Aussie politician blamed these attacks on Muslim immigrants. Go figure.

Emperordmb
Apparently this guy has a manifesto, he wrote that he's a non-Christian, non-Conservative (Because conservative=corporatist or something), white ethnostate eco-fascist.

Honestly never heard of ecofascism before.

Putinbot1
The manifesto praises Trump and links to 4 chan.

Robtard
Apparently this guy has a manifesto, he wrote that he's a non-Christian, non-Conservative (Because conservative=corporatist or something), white ethnostate eco-fascist.

Honestly never heard of ecofascism before.

He's a White Supremacist ******* like the rest, DMB, look at his agenda and actions. No edgelord rantings on some paper he scribbled will change that

Robtard
The manifesto praises Trump and links to 4 chan.

Shocking! (not shocking really)

Emperordmb

That post was largely something cathartic for me to actually vent some emotions that had been building up over the course of a couple hours, (I was already rather emotionally raw from something of an emotional rollercoaster of a night when this happened), and the "platitudes" were largely to give direction to my thoughts and emotions to make sure I was approaching this the right way, to call out my more selfish nature so I would be less likely to give into it.

And it's not that I intend on keeping this non-political, just that I wasn't ready to leap into it mere hours after it happened.

I think you were being an ******* with this post, but at the end you told me something I needed to hear, so thank you for that.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Robtard
He's a White Supremacist ******* like the rest, DMB, look at his agenda. No edgelord rantings on some paper he scribbled will change that
... I just said that he was...

Putinbot1
Shocking! (not shocking really) no, it isn't Rob, these people are all a type.

Putinbot1
I'm going to call it now, loner, no kids, no girlfriend.

One Big Mob
This is where drugs, Trump, 4chan, Christianity, virginity, and Pewdiepie lead you.

I feel a hooker would have saved a lot of lives here. Support your local hookers.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by snowdragon
These guys should remain anonymous and send them to trial, don't empower them or their groups with media coverage. disagree, the demographic is important. But I know who and what they are and so do you.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
This is where drugs, Trump, 4chan, Christianity, virginity, and Pewdiepie lead you.

I feel a hooker would have saved a lot of lives here. Support your local hookers. it's true.

Putinbot1
Problem is the internet lets these weirdos connect and hate.

snowdragon
disagree, the demographic is important. But I know who and what they are and so do you.

I don't care if the media reports white early 20 males types of things, just not their names or their faces. That is just so much anger, rage, and hate, it's crazy to me.

I'm sure to promote their clicks and media platforms they will name them and post their pictures all over the place, exactly what we don't need.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by snowdragon
I don't care if the media reports white early 20 males types of things, just not their names or their faces. That is just so much anger, rage, and hate, it's crazy to me.

I'm sure to promote their clicks and media platforms they will name them and post their pictures all over the place, exactly what we don't need. That's fair.

Surtur
Damn Pewdie Pie for this. Damn him.

Pewd Man Bad.

Tzeentch
That post was largely something cathartic for me to actually vent some emotions that had been building up over the course of a couple hours, (I was already rather emotionally raw from something of an emotional rollercoaster of a night when this happened), and the "platitudes" were largely to give direction to my thoughts and emotions to make sure I was approaching this the right way, to call out my more selfish nature so I would be less likely to give into it.

And it's not that I intend on keeping this non-political, just that I wasn't ready to leap into it mere hours after it happened.

I think you were being an ******* with this post, but at the end you told me something I needed to hear, so thank you for that. No need to thank me, its my job.

As far as his self-proclaimed labels, I read his manifesto last night (I managed to swipe it and a good quality rip of the live-stream off /pol/ before the media went apeshit and all the streaming sites started going down) and he's explicitly a white nationalist and a fascist. He goes out of his way to separate himself from being a supremacist (my race is better then yours vs our races are equal but should be separated from one another), and I don't think the environmental aspect of his rants is that important regarding his identity, despite it being fairly prominent in the document.

The scary thing about this dude is that while he's almost certainly mentally ill a lot of the statements and observations he makes in his manifesto are reasonable and fairly accurate when statistics are concerned. Its like that saying about how the scariest thing about Hitler was that in the end he was just a man. There are thousands, possibly millions of people who have the same sentiments as this dude and are also mostlt harmless, but it takes just a little nudge at the right time for their thought-process to conclude with ,and thus I must kill as many innocent people as possible".

Surtur
Some people have "allahu akbar" and some have "subscirbe to pewdie pie".

Tzeentch
Thank God Surter is here to remind us all that Islamic terrorism is a thing. I was about to assert that all white men are genetically predispositioned toward evil before he stepped in and corrected the record.

Putinbot1
Thank God Surter is here to remind us all that Islamic terrorism is a thing. I was about to assert that all white men are genetically predispositioned toward evil before he stepped in and corrected the record. fortunatly I cant see what he posts as I have him on ignore.

Putinbot1
No need to thank me, its my job.

As far as his self-proclaimed labels, I read his manifesto last night (I managed to swipe it and a good quality rip of the live-stream off /pol/ before the media went apeshit and all the streaming sites started going down) and he's explicitly a white nationalist and a fascist. He goes out of his way to separate himself from being a supremacist (my race is better then yours vs our races are equal but should be separated from one another), and I don't think the environmental aspect of his rants is that important regarding his identity, despite it being fairly prominent in the document.

The scary thing about this dude is that while he's almost certainly mentally ill a lot of the statements and observations he makes in his manifesto are reasonable and fairly accurate when statistics are concerned. Its like that saying about how the scariest thing about Hitler was that in the end he was just a man. There are thousands, possibly millions of people who have the same sentiments as this dude and are also mostlt harmless, but it takes just a little nudge at the right time for their thought-process to conclude with ,and thus I must kill as many innocent people as possible". This post is the absolute truth.

Robtard
Thank God Surter is here to remind us all that Islamic terrorism is a thing. I was about to assert that all white men are genetically predispositioned toward evil before he stepped in and corrected the record.

haermm

Robtard
fortunatly I cant see what he posts as I have him on ignore.

He did what was expected of him in a thread like this: He's deflecting away from White male terrorism with "but der Muslemz too!"

But I think you got that from Tzeen's eloquent and spot-on retort.

Putinbot1
He did what was expected of him in a thread like this: He's deflecting away from White male terrorism with "but der Muslemz too!"

But I think you got that from Tzeen's eloquent and spot-on retort. Yeah, I did, the difference between this fascist and all the other youtube obsessed nutters who hold similar views was he acted on his hate.

Robtard
Yeah, it's not an "if they decide", it's a "when they decide". There will be others like this.

Putinbot1
Yeah, it's not an "if they decide", it's a "when they decide". There will be others like this. This lot possibly had links to Brevik.

Archaeopteryx
Really surprised no one has mentioned the gun issue. NZ has very strict gun control laws.

Robtard
This lot possibly had links to Brevik. Apparently the one who recorded his murder spree praised Brevik and a few other White supremacist/nationalist.

Putinbot1
Apparently the one who recorded his murder spree praised Brevik and a few other White supremacist/nationalist. yeah, they all share the same ideology, the scary thing is we see it here. The incursions on Ennin's peaceful thread are a kind of virtual mosque invasion. They are purely driven by intolerance and hate.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
Really surprised no one has mentioned the gun issue. NZ has very strict gun control laws. Guns can be got in any country if you can pay enough.

Putinbot1
People keep trying to say I'm trolling by pointing out how pervasive and mainstream very far right views have become amongst demographic on the internet of single young men... But they honestly are one step from action.

Robtard
People keep trying to say I'm trolling by pointing out how pervasive and mainstream very far right views have become amongst demographic on the internet of single young men... But they honestly are one step from action.

Because those views have and they don't want to admit it.

Astner
I won't watch the video, don't like to see people being murdered
You don't have to like something to watch it. You can do it out of respect for the victims, to see their last moments and witness the prosecution firsthand.

To limit your exposure to the accounts of specific news outlets or to ignore it completely is to distance yourself from the reality of the crime that took place.

Seems at least one of these scums invoked the names of other White Supremacist mass murderers and his agenda was to create fear and incite others to violence against Muslims.
Actually it was to provoke muslims to retaliate and spark a civil war.

Robtard

Putinbot1
Because those views have and they don't want to admit it. Exactly and why would anyone want to watch that murder.

carthage
I saw and it and also started reading various posts on 8chan congratulating the shooter, blaming Jews/Europe immigration policy, and posting memes of Nazi anime chicks

It makes you hate the human race

Robtard

Astner

Robtard

Putinbot1

Putinbot1

Astner

Robtard
Literally speaking from a personal standpoint only.

No, I checked. Still the same, he wanted to incite others to do the same as he did.

Which supports the first point of mine you commented on.

So it seems you just want to argue because I somehow hurt your feelings with my comment about my personal choice in not watching the video.

(And if you also believe there are not some people who watch it for sick enjoyment purposes, you've doubly naive. Bye now.)

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Astner

The retaliation against non-muslims, in contrast, is very likely. no, not from a Muslim minority, in a peaceful first world country. Even in Africa where I work Boko Haram are kept out of main population areas and have zero support from.most Muslims.

Adam_PoE
Yes you did imply it when you said that you won't watch it because you wouldn't enjoy it.

That is a logical fallacy. You are inferring a positive conclusion from a negative premise.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
That is a logical fallacy. You are inferring a positive conclusion from a negative premise. yup

Lestov16
Does anybody remember when Charlie Hebdo was attacked and a bunch of Muslims were saying that the Charlie Hebdo journalists brought it on themselves for drawing Muhammad? Peppridge Farms remembers....

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Lestov16
Does anybody remember when Charlie Hebdo was attacked and a bunch of Muslims were saying that the Charlie Hebdo journalists brought it on themselves for drawing Muhammad? Peppridge Farms remembers.... Yeah, some Muslims said some stuff. What's your point?

Robtard
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi said it. Who else?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Lestov16
Does anybody remember when Charlie Hebdo was attacked and a bunch of Muslims were saying that the Charlie Hebdo journalists brought it on themselves for drawing Muhammad? Peppridge Farms remembers....

Remember when Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson said that America deserved to be attacked on 9/11 because it does not criminalize abortion, feminism, or homosexuality?

Robtard
Remember when Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson said that America deserved to be attacked on 9/11 because it does not criminalize abortion, feminism, or homosexuality?

I actually forget about that gem. These people hate America.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by carthage
I saw and it and also started reading various posts on 8chan congratulating the shooter, blaming Jews/Europe immigration policy, and posting memes of Nazi anime chicks

It makes you hate the human race Yeah, we see this sort of posting but with more creative language here, we know who the posters who share those views are.

Putinbot1
Anyway, guys, the neo's will say we are all "virtue signalling" because we see them for what they are. Virtue signalling troll language for decent agreement on morality.

Putinbot1
The funny thing is unlike most people here; I've experienced Islamic extremism and acts of terrorism firsthand, and I know it's very few Muslims who are like that.

Astner
No, I checked. Still the same, he wanted to incite others to do the same as he did.
But not directly. The problem is that you're counterintuitively focusing on the indirect premeditated outcome of the terrorist, while ignoring the direct premeditated outcome. Excusing me for confusing you for an idiot.

So it seems you just want to argue because I somehow hurt your feelings with my comment about my personal choice in not watching the video.
No. My problem is comment "I won't watch the video, don't like to see people being murdered," which implies that generally people who watch the video are psychopaths, which is as stupid as "I won't watch porn, don't like to see women being disrespected," which implies that generally people who watch porn are misogynists.

(And if you also believe there are not some people who watch it for sick enjoyment purposes, you've doubly naive. Bye now.)
No, I'm certain that there are ill-willed people who do watch it because they enjoy the prosecution of muslims. Just as I'm certain that there are ill-willed people who enjoy porn for the mistreatment of women. But these are small minorities, and by projecting their countenance on the majority you're just causing more friction.

Astner
That is a logical fallacy. You are inferring a positive conclusion from a negative premise.
No because I'm addressing the implication statement and the content of the statement itself.

Robtard
@astner,

It seems like you just want to argue nonsense for the sake of it.

As far as my not watching the video comment, sure, I could have worded it better and if you asked what I meant initially, I would have gladly explained that I was strictly talking about me personally, but instead you went on a tirade about people watching snuff films out of "respect" for the dead.

Putinbot1
@astner,

As far as my not watching the video comment, sure, I could have worded it better and if you asked what I meant initially, I would have gladly explained that I was strictly talking about me personally, but instead you went on a tirade about people watching snuff films out of "respect" for the dead. rightist derailment Rob.

Astner
This is a debate forum, if you're not here because you enjoy debates then you're wasting your time.

As far as my not watching the video comment, sure, I could have worded it better and if you asked what I meant initially, I would have gladly explained that I was strictly talking about me personally,
No, if you didn't watch it because you didn't have the stomach for it then you wouldn't imply that people who did enjoyed murder.

but instead you went on a tirade about people watching snuff films out of "respect" for the dead.
An article about how 50 people were massacred is never going to be as personal as footage of the actual event, and consequently it's not going to have the same impact.

Robtard
Debates yes, trivial nonsense not so much.

We're back to you being upset because of my preferences in not watching something.

Whatever you need is fine, I'm cool with not watching a snuff vid.

Robtard
rightist derailment Rob.

Probably

mike brown
I feel like watching stuff like that ****s with you and desensitizes you to the idea of bloodshed more than anything else. The normal human reaction to watching a torture video or something is to be disgusted and turn it off.

But because you're seeing it in video form instead of in person there's the the possibility for detachment where you can watch it without feeling the appropriate amount of disgust. So you can become desensitized to gruesome images in this way.

I remember I used to watch cartel videos of beheadings and shit like that and I could stomach it pretty well. Then one time I saw this video of atrocities by the Saddam Hussein regime.. including torture videos and the like... And I just felt sick and regretted watching it.

So yeah I don't watch stuff like this anymore and I don't believe there is anything worthwhile to gain from doing so.

Surtur

You seem mad kid. Calm yourself.

dadudemon

That's not a logical fallacy. Logical constructs used to make conclusions by negating a premise is called "modus ponens."

Another form is modus tollens.

And you can use arguments to demonstrate contradictions in the conclusions, if you'd like, such as reductio ad absurdum.

The burden is on you to demonstrate an argument, which is usually "reductio ad absurdum", if you feel his argument is wrong in this particular example.

Also, the specific logical argument he is using is logical complement or negation.

Not all claims of "that's a logical fallacy" are actual logical fallacies.

dadudemon
@astner,

As far as my not watching the video comment, sure, I could have worded it better and if you asked what I meant initially, I would have gladly explained that I was strictly talking about me personally, but instead you went on a tirade about people watching snuff films out of "respect" for the dead.

This is fair. I think the argument should be done between you two because you admitted you could have worded it better due to the implication (which Astner brought up) from your statement.

So there's really nothing to argue about, here.

Astner
Debates yes, trivial nonsense not so much.
It takes two to tango, and you're not letting this go.

We're back to you being upset because of my preferences in not watching something.
Again, I don't have a problem with you not watching it. My problem was your demonization of people who did.

Originally posted by mike brown
I feel like watching stuff like that ****s with you and desensitizes you to the idea of bloodshed more than anything else. The normal human reaction to watching a torture video or something is to be disgusted and turn it off.

But because you're seeing it in video form instead of in person there's the the possibility for detachment where you can watch it without feeling the appropriate amount of disgust. So you can become desensitized to gruesome images in this way.

I remember I used to watch cartel videos of beheadings and shit like that and I could stomach it pretty well. Then one time I saw this video of atrocities by the Saddam Hussein regime.. including torture videos and the like... And I just felt sick and regretted watching it.

So yeah I don't watch stuff like this anymore and I don't believe there is anything worthwhile to gain from doing so.
Inquisitive people interested in a crime are looking for two things, evidence and juridical hearings. And people don't enjoy it, that's why it's called "stomaching" because you're holding yourself back from hurling up.

Putinbot1

So yeah I don't watch stuff like this anymore and I don't believe there is anything worthwhile to gain from doing so. thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is fair. I think the argument should be done between you two because you admitted you could have worded it better due to the implication (which Astner brought up) from your statement.

So there's really nothing to argue about, here.

One would think.

Robtard

Pretty much.

I watched that Jihadist beheading the USSR soldier in Afghanistan long ago, initially though it was fake but realized quickly it wasn't and I found no enjoyment in it, so decided to never actively watch another snuff film. Zero gain.

Putinbot1
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-facebook-twitter-youtube/

Incel link to Christchurch?

dadudemon
Pretty much.

I watched that Jihadist beheading the USSR soldier in Afghanistan long ago, initially though it was fake but realized quickly it wasn't and I found no enjoyment in it, so decided to never actively watch another snuff film. Zero gain.

Saw that one years ago. The gurgling and twitches. Never again.

I'm not a fan of snuffs, as well.

Robtard
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-facebook-twitter-youtube/

Incel link to Christchurch?

You'll probably be proved correct that this shooter was another incel.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Saw that one years ago. The gurgling and twitches. Never again.

I'm not a fan of snuffs, as well.

Yep, those sounds, was gross and I found neither enjoyment nor some form of misguided respect to the victim in watching him be murdered.

Putinbot1
You'll probably be proved correct that this shooter was another incel. i suspect all three are Rob and they met online.

Robtard
My error, the three.

Putinbot1
My error, the three.

I also suspect they were deeply into youtube, 4chan and online gaming. His manifesto indicates all that.

Robtard
Back when I used to game online on Xbox, there was no shortage of asperger-y teens and younger guys screaming racism through the microphone with their crackling voices.

Putinbot1
Back when I used to game online on Xbox, there was no shortage of asperger-y teens and younger guys screaming racism through the microphone with their crackling voices. the problem is these are easily manipulated people who dont function in the real world, full of hate and crying out to make their mark somehow... Anyhow.

mike brown
It takes two to tango, and you're not letting this go.

Again, I don't have a problem with you not watching it. My problem was your demonization of people who did.

Inquisitive people interested in a crime are looking for two things, evidence and juridical hearings. And people don't enjoy it, that's why it's called "stomaching" because you're holding yourself back from hurling up. Well I'm not saying you enjoy it I was just sort of countering the idea that seeing it makes it more real and gives you an added understanding... I think in reality it can do the opposite because it is presenting something that a human being would usually only ever see in extreme circumstances with real and present danger involved.

In a way these kinds of videos are lacking the crucial emotional context while still having gruesome images in a sort of distant and sterilized presentation. I think it's almost like how watching porn can do more to distort your perception of sex than it does to educate you about sex (analogy, not saying the two are the same kind of content or watched for similar purposes.)

I will say though I definitely know people who do enjoy it and I don't think they are psychopaths either. There's a voyeuristic sort of appeal to seeing tragedy. Sort of like rubbernecking at an accident on the highway.

Astner
You admitted to have lost your stomach for snuff films after watching videos recorded under the Saddam regime. So how did you reach the conclusion that people are desensitized by violent videos when your experience is in direct contradiction to that?

mike brown
In my particular case I was desensitized to a certain extent as the first beheading I ever saw really disturbed me and after seeing enough of them it didn't have the same emotional impact. Basically a case of diminishing returns.

The Hussein video I guess was too far above my sadistic threshold and was ****ed up enough for me to not only not expose myself to it again but also to be uncomfortable with the very idea of me watching that kind of video... Just seems needlessly macabre so I consciously ended it. Had I continued to watch genocide attrocity videos, with enough exposure of course I would become desensitized.

It's like where I work.. at the animal shelter... There's some aspects of that job that can depress you when you first start. After a while you become pretty numb to it cause you're used to it

mike brown
I notice though you said this interest had something to do with evidence gathering and the like... I don't have any insight on that so that angle didn't even occur to me. If that's your pursuit then I could understand why you watched the video. I would even be interested in hearing what specific insights into the crime watching the video gives you?

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Surtur
You seem mad kid. Calm yourself. Thanking you for protecting us from white genocide is being mad?

Putinbot1
New Zealand it appears had lax gun laws.

"The mere fact... that this individual had acquired a gun licence and acquired weapons of that range, then obviously I think people will be seeking change, and I'm committing to that," she told a press conference.

"I can tell you one thing right now - our gun laws will change."

Darth Thor
^ Well at least they are wasting no time changing them after a mass shooting like this. Listen and learn America.

Putinbot1
^ Well at least they are wasting no time changing them after a mass shooting like this. Listen and learn America. thumb up Exactly.

Emperordmb
^ Well at least they are wasting no time changing them after a mass shooting like this. Listen and learn America.
Nah I'd rather not let assholes like this control my fellow countrymen posthumously.

Putinbot1
Nah I'd rather not let assholes like this control my fellow countrymen posthumously. kek, and 4chan applauds amirite?

Emperordmb
kek and 4chan applauds amirite?
I've never been on 4chan so I have no idea

Putinbot1
I've never been on 4chan so I have no idea uh-huh. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Where do you get your "rare pepy's"...

mike brown
I honestly think mass shootings are the least compelling reason to have gun control in the US. They're just dramatic so they always spark the argument... But we are going to have a hell of a hard time actually preventing mass shootings via the kinds of gun control the Dems put on the table.

Emperordmb
What are you implying?

Edit: That was directed at Putinbot

Surtur
The guy wanted to divide people. He made sure to name all the right names in his manifesto in order to do it and it seems people are gonna fall for it anyways.

Robtard

Surtur

Robtard

Surtur

Robtard

On 9/11/2001 2,996 people were murdered due to Islamic extremist/terrorism, this lead to the creation of our Homeland Security and the Patriot Act, which resulted in one of the biggest losses of personal freedoms and privacy to US citizens in US history and the whole bus cheered. Even furthered, as 9/11 (ie Islamic extremist/terrorism) was used as a springboard to justify the Iraq War which resulted in 4,400+ US deaths and upwards of 200,000 Iraqi civilian deaths.

Now I don't know the exact number of gun related murders that have transpired in the US since 2001, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot higher than 3,000, yet even mentioning something like "maybe we should reevaluate our guns laws and see if anything can possibly be improved" is anathema to some.

So it's not going to happen in the US, didn't happen after little children were mass murdered in the Sandy Hook murders and nothing happened after the 2017 Las Vegas mass murder which was close to 60 dead.

mike brown
We have something like 12,000 homicides a year, most of them from guns. But we also have the 2nd amendment and a gun culture and largely armed populace. So good luck banning guns.

Emperordmb

Emperordmb

Emperordmb

cdtm
A conversation about where the line is between criticism of the left, and the type of talk that gets a social.media ban, is probably overdue.

Is it possible, for example, to be against immigration policy, and NOT be an undesirable?

And once that's sorted, there's a question of responsibility for those who take it too far. If an agreed upon reasonable argument becomes part of white nationalist talking points, does this make those using the argument persona non grata? (In the same way you can't use the swastika apart from.Nazi imagery?)

Robtard
We have something like 12,000 homicides a year, most of them from guns. But we also have the 2nd amendment and a gun culture and largely armed populace. So good luck banning guns.

The 4th and 1st Amendments didn't stop the Patriot Act from being implemented. But yeah, guns won't be banned (not that I'd want that), as we're not even at a point were we can have a real conversation about sensible gun regulation.

Robtard

Surtur

And like 8,000 of those are gang related, and we're a country of 330 million.

mike brown
There are gangs in England and Europe too
There is no Western industrialized country that has our kind of murder rate.

Obviously the gangs are the big problem, but the ready access to guns inflates the murder rate because guns are a very easy and efficient way to kill your enemies.

mike brown
The 4th and 1st Amendments didn't stop the Patriot Act from being implemented. But yeah, guns won't be banned (not that I'd want that), as we're not even at a point were we can have a real conversation about sensible gun regulation. The left isn't properly focused on proposing sensible gun control. They are typically more focused on banning scary looking guns for an easy symbolic victory.

Surtur
There are gangs in England and Europe too
There is no Western industrialized country that has our kind of murder rate.

Obviously the gangs are the big problem, but the ready access to guns inflates the murder rate because guns are a very easy and efficient way to kill your enemies.

England doesn't have our population size nor our love of guns.

Silent Master
So you think we should be more like England?

Surtur
Nah f*ck England.

mike brown
Originally posted by Surtur
England doesn't have our population size nor our love of guns. if you break it down per capita the trend remains. The murder rate is just higher here.

Silent Master
if you break it down per capita the trend remains. The murder rate is just higher here.

What do you believe is the main reason for that trend?

Emperordmb
IMO, I don't think he believes you're an actual White supremacist/nationalist, just that you dance close on some things.
Well then I really don't know how to be clearer about my rejection of white identity politics.

I made an entire thread ripping into the alt-right from every angle imaginable, from moral, to scientific, to practical, to tactical. I've repeatedly stated my point of principle is judging individuals by their own character and merits, etc.

Ironically enough it's probably my rejection of identity politics altogether that leads him to think I'm dancing on the edge of being a white identitarian.

Well that and me being right-wing, and me having nationalist leanings (though not really for the sake of some view about some kinda racial brotherhood or other such nonsense, moreso my belief that a nation's government has more of a duty to its own citizens who are engaged in a social contract with it than foreign noncitizens, as well as my skepticism of international law as something being farther out of the control of the people than national law).

Silent Master
When he says you dance close to white supremacy / nationalism on some things, what he means is you disagree with the far left on some issues.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Silent Master
When he says you dance close to white supremacy / nationalism on some things, what he means is you disagree with the far left on some issues.
Basically yeah, which is why I can have a conversation about Robtard about this stuff. Because Robtard is willing to look at me through a primarily honest lens and concede that there is danger to casting too wide a net.

Whereas Putinbot, again as much as I respect his integrity for sticking out with me in a doxxing situation several months ago, seems to have this view that anyone right of center is entwined with white nationalism.

Putinbot1
Basically yeah, which is why I can have a conversation about Robtard about this stuff. Because Robtard is willing to look at me through a primarily honest lens and concede that there is danger to casting too wide a net.

Whereas Putinbot, again as much as I respect his integrity for sticking out with me in a doxxing situation several months ago, seems to have this view that anyone right of center is entwined with white nationalism. Not anyone, just people who fo.

Beniboybling
There are a number of people on this site who are openly Islamophobic, and spread false narratives about Europe and other Western countries being overrun by Muslim immigrants. Putinbot has a right to be concerned.

jaden_2.0
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YuInGAysfLI/hqdefault.jpg

It's almost like he's trying to get a certain type of person in trouble.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YuInGAysfLI/hqdefault.jpg

It's almost like he's trying to get a certain type of person in trouble.

it was just a prank on 4 chan so that's not real...because reasons and fee-fees

kek

Deadline
Originally posted by Beniboybling
There are a number of people on this site who are openly Islamophobic, and spread false narratives about Europe and other Western countries being overrun by Muslim immigrants. Putinbot has a right to be concerned.

Izit now? So when The Republicans got shot did somebody create a F*ing thread saying Oh we need to start focusing on KMC members for left wing views?

So it's not enough that you people talk rubbish now you want to ban people and get them arrested???

Beniboybling
what's wrong with being critical of people who hold extreme and dangerous views?

calm down

Deadline
Originally posted by Beniboybling
what's wrong with being critical of people who hold extreme and dangerous views?

calm down

The point is you're not labeling people with left wing views as being dangerous. So in other words you're trying to make people with certain views too scared to speak and possibly get them arrested.

You calm down.

Beniboybling
because there is no equivalent between the moderate left-wing views generally espoused on this site and the extreme islamophobic alternative lol.

but yeah I think the rampant anti-islam narrative is enabling an environment that generates terroism, in which respect people should be "afraid" to speak out if they don't want to heighten it. What's wrong with encouraging more tolerant measured opinions?

Silent Master
Can you post examples of this so called "extreme islamophobic" views.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>