First Order hierarchy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Prior to Snoke's death.

Snoke>Kylo>Hux>Phasma>all else? And now it's same except snoke isn't part of the equation?

Zenwolf
Yeah, also Phasma is dead so it's Kylo > Hux > Everyone else. If the KoR are introduced, then yeah could also include them.

Galan007
Assuming you're talking about when all of them were alive, then yeah, that's about right.

I'd also add Commander Pyre after Phasma. Seems odd that a Captain would outrank a Commander, and/or that Silver would outrank Gold, but Ep.05 of Resistance certainly implied that Phasma > Pyre. /shrug

*I'd also assume the Knights of Ren are up there as well -- probably akin to where the Inquisitors stood in the Imperial pecking order.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Galan007
Assuming you're talking about when all of them were alive, then yeah, that's about right.

I'd also add Commander Pyre after Phasma. Seems odd that a Captain would outrank a Commander, and/or that Silver would outrank Gold, but Ep.05 of Resistance certainly implied that Phasma > Pyre. /shrug

*I'd also assume the Knights of Ren are up there as well -- probably akin to where the Inquisitors stood in the Imperial pecking order.

What the **** is "Resistance"?

Galan007
A terrible dogshit of a show. Don't bother watching it.

juggernaut74
When Snoke was alive could it be possible Hux outranked Kylo? Is there any examples of each other ordering the other around prior to Snokes death?

With Snoke gone Hux pretty much had no way of overtaking Kylo.

ares834
It seemed the two were sorta equals to me.

Galan007
Originally posted by juggernaut74
When Snoke was alive could it be possible Hux outranked Kylo? Is there any examples of each other ordering the other around prior to Snokes death?

With Snoke gone Hux pretty much had no way of overtaking Kylo. https://i.imgur.com/B1TknKC.jpg

juggernaut74
https://i.imgur.com/B1TknKC.jpg I was actually wondering that. I knew Vader existed outside of the ranks of the Empire.

Mendax
So basically if we compared the First Order's hierarchy to the Empire's it would look like this-

Snoke=Palpatine
Kylo=Vader
Hux=Tarkin
Phasma=Thrawn
Knights of Ren=Inquisitors

And every one else is below them?

juggernaut74
Did the Inquisitors outrank Governor Price and Kallus?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
So basically if we compared the First Order's hierarchy to the Empire's it would look like this-

Snoke=Palpatine
Kylo=Vader
Hux=Tarkin
Phasma=Thrawn
Knights of Ren=Inquisitors

And every one else is below them? Only difference is that Tarkin did in fact outrank Vader, and was second only to the Emperor himself. This is very well documented.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Did the Inquisitors outrank Governor Price and Kallus? Kallus was just an agent within the ISB. Inquisitors were way above him.

Where military/Jedi-related matters are concerned, the Inquisitors outranked system Governors -- especially given that they typically only acted on direct orders from Vader or Tarkin.

Tzeentch
It seems kind of whack that Phasma is that high-ranked considering we only ever see her command line-infantry, but I suppose she did have the code to disarm Star-Killer Base' shields, so...

God, what a shit character.

Galan007
For real.

Phasma was an absolute waste.

Mendax
So now that Snoke and Phasma are dead is it just Kylo and Hux calling the shots?

Galan007
Kylo=Supreme Leader
Hux=Second in command

I'm thinking Pyre will be promoted to Phasma's old position within the First Order, so he'll be third in command... I'm assuming Pyre will play a role in the film due to him being among the leaked Ep.IX figures:
https://i.imgur.com/4wPDLQq.jpg

And of course, the Knights of Ren will rank... Wherever Kylo decides they should rank, I suppose.

Zenwolf
Please tell me that gold armor Stormtrooper is not real....that just looks so very out of place.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Please tell me that gold armor Stormtrooper is not real....that just looks so very out of place.

laughing laughing laughing

- Just remember, we boycott Episode 9 - and Disney will be forced to sell the Star Wars franchise to a better company that will bring back real Star Wars for profit.

"Destroy the Disney Star Wars franchise with a boycott, we must!"

- Yoda

Galan007
Please tell me that gold armor Stormtrooper is not real....that just looks so very out of place. Oh, Commander Pyre is 100% real:

https://i.imgur.com/cfTECpV.jpg

He plays a big role in Resistance, lol.

Zenwolf
Oh, Commander Pyre is 100% real:

He plays a big role in Resistance, lol.

.........Why?

What next? Diamond Stormtrooper?....

Tzeentch
That looks like absolute garbage, haha

Emperordmb
.........Why?

No, next is platinum, then diamond.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That looks like absolute garbage, haha

thumb up

CaveDude33211
.........Why?

Only if the Diamond Stormtrooper is bi-curious and gender-fluid.

And its name will be General Que'er and it wield a stun-baton and have a 15 minute pointless duel against Rose Tico in Episode 9.

And God-willing, no one will go see it.

Then Disney sells the franchise, and we get the real Star Wars back.

Galan007
.........Why?

What next? Diamond Stormtrooper?.... Right? Pyre looks like the Mexican Cartel's version of a Stormtrooper. thumb down

I think the 'logic' was to have the gold armor in contrast to Phasma's silver armor... But it doesn't really make sense because Phasma outranked Pyre... Yes, a Captain outranked a Commander, and silver outranked gold. Don't get it.

But yeah, either way it's a thing and you can expect to see a lot more of Pyre in canon, I'd wager. ermm

Zenwolf
Right? Pyre looks like the Mexican Cartel's version of a Stormtrooper. thumb down

I think the 'logic' was to have the gold armor in contrast to Phasma's silver armor... But it doesn't really make sense because Phasma outranked Pyre... Yes, a Captain outranked a Commander, and gold outranked silver. Don't get it.

But yeah, either way it's a thing and you can expect to see a lot more of Pyre in canon, I'd wager. ermm

confused confused confused

Mendax
Oh, Commander Pyre is 100% real:

He plays a big role in Resistance, lol. Ya thats pretty bad. I get it but I dont get it. confused

Galan007
I'd be more inclined to get it if Pyre outranked Phasma. Like I mentioned above, it would at least make some degree of sense if a Commander outranked a Captain, and/or gold outranked silver. But I digress...

Fun fact- even Pyre's primary weapon is obnoxiously gold-plated:

https://i.imgur.com/oB3F785.jpg

smile

Zenwolf
Also apparently according to TFA Visual Guide, Phasma has a higher rank than Captain, so guess she can outrank Pyre, although she is called Captain...but isn't a Captain.

Galan007
Indeed.

It is also stated that Phasma(along with Kylo and Hux) made up the First Order's commanding triumvirate. So regardless of her designated title, Phasma was still one of the FO's top 3 commanders.

...Not unlike Tarkin in that sense. Doesn't matter what you call the guy(be it 'Governor' or 'Moff'), he was still the Empire's second highest ranking official, period.

Zenwolf
But Tarkin made some semblance of...sense, he was a Grand Moff. Captain Phasma is a Captain...isn't a Captain. Unless Captain means something different within the FO ranks, but I haven't seen anything suggesting that and we haven't really seen Phasma do much.

Galan007
Right. But even in Tarkin's case the titles of Governor and Grand Moff aren't even military designations, yet he reigned supreme in both political AND military venues nonetheless. So in that respect his official title within the Empire was irrelevant. At the end of the day all that mattered was the amount of power Sheev vested in him(ie. the ability to command ANY setting, and even total authority over Vader himself.)

Same basic thing(albeit to a lesser degree) with Phasma. On paper she 'just' held the title of Captain, yet she was still the third highest ranking member of the First Order's high-command regardless.

Zenwolf
I just can't take it seriously, they should have just had her title be something else. Captain just...I dunno, if she has another title then I guess it's fine.

Still the gold plated Stormtrooper armor....nooo.

Galan007
Oh it's definitely stupid. I'm just trying to make some semblance of sense out of it, lol.

Galan007
Since this is relevant to the discussion, here's the mentioned excerpt from the TFA Visual Dictionary regarding Phasma's actual rank within the FO's command structure...

https://i.imgur.com/YJy3ai1.jpg
"Phasma's true rank is higher than the simplistic label 'Captain' would suggest."

But again, if she ranks far higher than a Captain... Why not just give her the actual rank/title she is? confused

At least in Hux's case the Visual Dictionary notes that he is technically higher-ranking than a General, given his immense authority and whatnot, but Snoke simply refuses to grant him a higher rank/title.

CaveDude33211

I like how Disney has absolutely no clue of what it's doing.

Mendax
Since this is relevant to the discussion, here's the mentioned excerpt from the TFA Visual Dictionary regarding Phasma's actual rank within the FO's command structure...

https://i.imgur.com/YJy3ai1.jpg
"Phasma's true rank is higher than the simplistic label 'Captain' would suggest."

But again, if she ranks far higher than a Captain... Why not just give her the actual rank/title she is? confused

At least in Hux's case the Visual Dictionary notes that he is technically higher-ranking than a General, given his immense authority and whatnot, but Snoke simply refuses to grant him a higher rank/title. Interesting. I never heard that before- thought General was as high as it got in Hux's case. Do you have a source?

Galan007
Originally posted by CaveDude33211

I like how Disney has absolutely no clue of what it's doing. Like them or not, Disney knows exactly what they're doing. Good or bad, all of the decisions they make are calculated.

Originally posted by Mendax
Interesting. I never heard that before- thought General was as high as it got in Hux's case. Do you have a source?
https://i.imgur.com/npih3Zz.jpg
"Hux's direct access to Snoke effectively gives him a rank higher than General. However, Snoke refuses to grant Hux his desired title of 'Grand Marshal'."

CaveDude33211
Like them or not, Disney knows exactly what they're doing. Good or bad, all of the decisions they make are calculated.
roll eyes (sarcastic) They must be trying to lose money on purpose, then.

Did they calculate in that $50,000,000 they lost from Solo?

Galan007
Honestly, that is a drop in the bucket for them.

...Not that Solo wasn't a shit film, because it definitely was.

CaveDude33211
Honestly, that is a drop in the bucket for them.

...Not that Solo wasn't a shit film, because it definitely was.
That $50,000,000 loss actually damaged investor-confidence and is the reason they decided not to make any more stand-alone films.

They even canceled a planned Obi-wan Kenobi film.

Also the reason why "The Mandalorian" is a streaming-series and not a movie.

All that revenue matters - and they took a big hit.

Investors want to see $$$-returns on their investments - if large amounts of audiences don't go to see their movies, it hurts the studio's pocketbook and that scares them.

Galan007
I'm not saying 50m isn't a big hit for a single film. I'm just saying that it's f*cking Disney...50m means absolutely nothing to them in the scheme of things. It's throwaway money.

That being said, all I can hope is that if their movies continue flopping, Disney will start spending more time on quality OVER quantity, and stop cranking out random shitbag movies that no one wanted to see in the first place.

Zentrex
6 ABY
Gallius Rax
Rae Sloane
Brendol Hux

12 ABY
Snoke
Armitage Hux
Captain Phasma

24 ABY
Snoke
Kylo Ren
Armitage Hux
Captain Phasma
Commander Pyre
Major Vonreg
Lieutenant Galek

Agent Tierny probably fits a little bit differently considering she's like a policewoman rather than a military official.

Eli Vanto
Was it ever said if the Knights of Ren had some sort of proper placement in the command structure??

Galan007
Not really.

The VD just notes that the KoR only take orders from Kylo, which pisses off the FO's High Command:
https://i.imgur.com/9VbgQo3.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.