Borderlands 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/12/18262185/borderlands-3-reveal-pax-east-gearbox-software

Gearbox is teasing a new game. It's not confirmed to be Borderlands 3, but I cant imagine it being much else from that screenshot. IDK what Boston, MA could be alluding towards (Borderlands takes place in a fictional world) other than a reveal location to go with the reveal date (March 28).

Quincy
PAX East is in Boston next weekend.

Kazenji
They've also been teasing another game, Could be Bulletstorm 2 or a new Duke game.....**** i hope so to the latter. Done **** all with the ip after releasing Duke Forever.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Quincy
PAX East is in Boston next weekend. thumb up

It's going to be streamed tomorrow tomorrow.

LkHNbsQMxPI

Kazenji
There's a morse code message in that video...people worked it out and it says "Count the Sirens"

been going through the first game on PC and most of the the DLC it needed more fast travel locations.

Kazenji
There's also a Shift code hidden in that teaser trailer. Gives you a head for Salvador from the 2013 Community Day event

and a skin for Salvador from a Halloween event.

Arachnid1
Fkn sweet, need to find that code. Hopefully it's not a one time use kind of thing.

x4o5g_PGkiA

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Fkn sweet, need to find that code. Hopefully it's not a one time use kind of thing.

C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H

Inhuman
Looks good, cant wait.
Was hoping Tiny Tina would be a playable character in 3.

I remember I got like 300 golden keys with an exploit in Borderlands 2 before the patched it. And i think I have like 150 left or so.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
Looks good, cant wait.
Was hoping Tiny Tina would be a playable character in 3.

I remember I got like 300 golden keys with an exploit in Borderlands 2 before the patched it. And i think I have like 150 left or so. Yeah she was the best character

Lucky you, I never got many of those so this is dope for me

Originally posted by Kazenji
C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H ily thanks

Jmanghan
https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-3-release-date-leak/

wtf.

Kazenji
Another timed exclusive for PC users.

Smasandian
The more this happens, the more I believe the outlining cause is not just about money (from timed rights and a bigger piece of profit) but devs/publishers sick of being Valve's ***** when it comes to Steam.

And.....there is good chance the majority of younger adults/kids are using Epics store over Steam.

Also, Valve has done this to themselves. They haven't really any exciting new games in years and the store isn't that great.

Kazenji
It's only worth downloading he Epic games launcher for the free games...that and Fortnite if you're into that.

Smasandian
Or the exclusives they are paying for.......

It seems releasing only on Epic is not a bad deal for some publishers. Metro Exodus reportedly did much better than with Steam.

Fortnite supposedly has 11-12 million concurrent players and 250 million register players. If only a fraction play on PC and actively use the Epic store...that could be a ton of players having an interest playing on PC games.

And where did Epic get this idea? Well...on what Valve did with Half-Life 2.

ares834

Kazenji
People have been review bombing the other Borderlands games on Steam....how sad and pathetic.

Kazenji
Been reading Troy Baker didn't come back to voice Rhys, Randy Pitchford claims Troy turned it down....if you want to believe that.

Inhuman
Going to buy this to get all the pre order bonuses.
Even though I hate that it will only be on epic, I enjoyed part 2 too much to not buy this game.

cdtm
People have been review bombing the other Borderlands games on Steam....how sad and pathetic.

Agreed. They should have seen the series awfulness from the start.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm

Shut up, Edgelord.

Arachnid1
Been reading Troy Baker didn't come back to voice Rhys, Randy Pitchford claims Troy turned it down....if you want to believe that. That sucks. I'm actually really excited to see the Tales crew. They're definitely my favorite Borderlands characters (after Handsome Jack, anyways).

eThneoLgrRnae

I've never played anything but the original but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a solid 7, at least.

cdtm
Shut up, Edgelord.

A definition that means about as much as far leftist, alt right, or racist, these days.

People are too blinded by the loot and whimsical style to recognize it for the mediocre shooter with an MMO grindfest hook that it is.

Kazenji
A definition that means about as much as far leftist, alt right, or racist, these days.

People are too blinded by the loot and whimsical style to recognize it for the mediocre shooter with an MMO grindfest hook that it is.

yeah because people have got to have the exact same interest as yourself... roll eyes (sarcastic)

and it's far from a mediocre shooter. But we get it already you're not a fan of the games...so stfu already about it.

cdtm
It's a well known fact even among enthusiasts, that you don't play Borderlands for the gunplay. Something like Destiny 2 is where the action is there, is that's your interest.

If only the gunplay wasn't wrapped around such an awful package.

NemeBro
Cdtm is right though. The gunplay isn't particularly good.

Kazenji
It's a well known fact even among enthusiasts, that you don't play Borderlands for the gunplay. Something like Destiny 2 is where the action is there, is that's your interest.

If only the gunplay wasn't wrapped around such an awful package.

Each to their own there

i have more fun with the gunplay in this game compared to alot of modern fps

Originally posted by NemeBro
Cdtm is right though. The gunplay isn't particularly good.

And he may or may not be right, Doesn't mean i have to agree with him.

Inhuman

While the gun play isnt the best in Borderlands games its not good in the Destiny games either lol. The Destiny games copied a bunch from Borderlands.

If you want an exact comparison , Borderlands is like Diablo , but played in FPS view with colorful visuals instead of a gothic setting.

cdtm
Aye. thumb up

Personally, my jam is Binding of Isaac types. More or less the same formula of loot based action, in a different wrapper.

Something like Enter the Gungeon tickles the retro robotron 64/Smash TV arcade itch

Smasandian
I don't know. I'm playing this game and the combat is pretty good. Just as good as Destiny? No but it's still fun.

Kazenji

cdtm
It'll never work. VA's are too replaceable, and no company would agree to unionize.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.