Free speech executive order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/opinions/trump-executive-order-campus-free-speech-nossel-friedman/index.html

Funny thing, the arguments here apply to Title IX.

Part of the reason free speech is such a mess, is because administrators are constantly considering civil "protected class" politics of race/gender/sex, and the political climate around it.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Either you support administrators being put on notice for everything protected in the constitution, or you don't. You don't get to cherry pick only putting the fear in the hearts of administrators of the things you personally agree with.

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/opinions/trump-executive-order-campus-free-speech-nossel-friedman/index.html

Funny thing, the arguments here apply to Title IX.

Part of the reason free speech is such a mess, is because administrators are constantly considering civil "protected class" politics of race/gender/sex, and the political climate around it.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Either you support administrators being put on notice for everything protected in the constitution, or you don't. You don't get to cherry pick only putting the fear in the hearts of administrators of the things you personally agree with.

The article writer is extremely biased and it's dripping with with Anti-Trump sentiments.

This is what the Federal Government should have been doing all along and it is what they have done, before. The threat of losing federal funding has been wielded many times in the past but now that Trump is doing it for the clearly anti-Free Speech activities, Trump is now a Fascist "thought policing" dictator, right?

Or is it the fact that educational institutions, which are taking federal dollars, have been infested with leftist thinking, Democrats, and communism and these groups are excluding anyone who criticizes them? Oh, right, that's actually it.

The last two degrees I got were in Cybersecurity and maaaaaaaan did I love it. Because almost everyone in leadership over those programs are conservatives and libertarians. They were almost unanimously liberty loving, educated, reasonable people.

Deadline
Originally posted by dadudemon

Or is it the fact that educational institutions, which are taking federal dollars, have been infested with leftist thinking, Democrats, and communism and these groups are excluding anyone who criticizes them? Oh, right, that's actually it.

The last two degrees I got were in Cybersecurity and maaaaaaaan did I love it. Because almost everyone in leadership over those programs are conservatives and libertarians. They were almost unanimously liberty loving, educated, reasonable people.

Dadudemon are you feeling alright? Also like to say, it's about time. Sick of this nonsense.

Surtur
The article writer is extremely biased and it's dripping with with Anti-Trump sentiments.

This is what the Federal Government should have been doing all along and it is what they have done, before. The threat of losing federal funding has been wielded many times in the past but now that Trump is doing it for the clearly anti-Free Speech activities, Trump is now a Fascist "thought policing" dictator, right?

Bingo. I await people to be dumb enough to challenge this though. You know it's going to happen.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Deadline
Dadudemon are you feeling alright? Also like to say, it's about time. Sick of this nonsense.

Yes, I'm alright, why? Did my criticisms of the American left, Democrats, and general retards catch you off guard?

I've held the same position for about 15 years on KMC: freedom of speech across the board with the exception of incitement to violence.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo. I await people to be dumb enough to challenge this though. You know it's going to happen.

"It violates my freedom of speech to not be able to violate others freedom of speech while spending tax dollars."

https://i.imgur.com/WaScAqN.png

Emperordmb

Bingo. **** the modern inquisition and may free speech Reign

SquallX

Surtur

cdtm

Adam_PoE
This executive order does not does not advance a new policy goal. It asks colleges and universities to meet their existing legal obligations. "Keep following the same rules you have been following, I mean it!" Furthermore, it does not specify how or by what standard federal agencies will ensure compliance. It is nothing more than virtue signaling to his conservative base who are convinced that they are being victimized by colleges somehow. And the retards predictably barked.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
This executive order does not does not advance a new policy goal. It asks colleges and universities to meet their existing legal obligations. "Keep following the same rules you have been following, I mean it!" Furthermore, it does not specify how or by what standard federal agencies will ensure compliance. It is nothing more than virtue signaling to his conservative base who are convinced that they are being victimized by colleges somehow. And the retards predictably barked.

It was a reminder to these places not to act like little douches. Deal with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.