MAG: Why are the 2020 Dems so weird?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Newsweek

Surtur
"Nor am I going to get all worked up about his weird murder spree fantasy story, which is the kind of thing stupid teenagers write every day. "

Lol...wut, this isn't normal.

BrolyBlack
Last part “the water is still warm Hilary.”

I agree, in this sea of dillusional retards on the left Hilary seems like the only adult in the room.”

I mean like Cory Booker is running.

Surtur
There will be a meltdown of epic proportions if Trump wins in 2020.

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack

jaden_2.0
They say you get the politicians you deserve. This encapsulates that perfectly

BrolyBlack
My God! Trump is the first politician to every be divorced and cheat on his wife!

snowdragon
The Dems of 2020 need to get their act together and make sure the voting age is actually 14 because civics classes and paper routes make them important to the culture of the USA, they contribute!

I had to check out Beta O'rourkes website to check on his policy agenda and luckily he's only selling tee shirts at this time, he gets my vote for capitalism!

ArtificialGlory

BrolyBlack
Dems are all about sex, and sex rights, and sex workers, so who cares if he talked about his dick?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
My God! Trump is the first politician to every be divorced and cheat on his wife!

It's almost like you go out of your way to miss the point.

Robtard

BrolyBlack
TRUMP LIES!laughing out loud

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
They say you get the politicians you deserve. This encapsulates that perfectly

If I was Bernie, I would so call them out over sandbagging him with a "You guys can't even beat this goof. I could have beaten him, but you guys broke your own rules to shut me out."

Basically go all in on third "status quo" anger, let the audience see you passionate about it, weave a narrative of voter empowerment, e.g. "Are we all sick of this shite? Because you all have the power to end it. Vote for ANYONE ELSE but D or R, doesn't matter who. Doesn't have to be me. We just need to break the corrupt two party grip on who THEY want, instead of who YOU want."

It may not get him elected, but it sure would be a good middle finger to the Trumper AND the party who screwed him over.

And it just might make third rail that much more viable.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Robtard
While they all lie in one degree to another, I don't think Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan or Carter would be pathological and compulsive liars like Trump is.

I feel that all politicians are liars. That is the nature of the job. Some are just better at not being caught or are better at lying about the right things. That is IMO of course.

ArtificialGlory

Robtard
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I feel that all politicians are liars. That is the nature of the job. Some are just better at not being caught or are better at lying about the right things. That is IMO of course.

Yes, they all lie. Point: But in the previous six presidents, they've not been pathological and compulsive liars like Trump is.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by cdtm
If I was Bernie, I would so call them out over sandbagging him with a "You guys can't even beat this goof. I could have beaten him, but you guys broke your own rules to shut me out."

Wrong. Clinton received millions more votes than Sanders. The only delegates who flipped, and voted against the wishes of their constituents, voted for Sanders. He lost fair and square.

Originally posted by cdtm
Basically go all in on third "status quo" anger, let the audience see you passionate about it, weave a narrative of voter empowerment, e.g. "Are we all sick of this shite? Because you all have the power to end it.

If those people voted in the first place, they would be more satisfied with the way things are. "We have tried nothing, and we are all out of ideas."

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Robtard
Yes, they all lie. Point: But in the previous six presidents, they've not been pathological and compulsive liars like Trump is.

Yes, I am aware of your point. Like I said, while you may well be right, it may also be because they are caught a lot less (and the method of how Trump communicates makes him spew easy-to-disprove stuff at a much higher volume) or are a lot better at telling their lies as to not be seen as lies (half-truths, unprovable statements, promises that they don't intend to keep, etc.).

My point is rate and intent (everything they say is essentially self-serving and they lie whenever it serves them) may not differ all that much.

Think of it as Trump being just as dishonest but has a crappy filter and is not as refined and skilled at it as they are.

Of course, I will reiterate, that is just my opinion.

Robtard
Fair enough; though I disagree. Trump lies on a much grander scale; he'll seemingly lie just to lie.

Eon Blue

Raptor22

Raptor22
Why does the link in the op say Newsweek?

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Wrong. Clinton received millions more votes than Sanders. The only delegates who flipped, and voted against the wishes of their constituents, voted for Sanders. He lost fair and square.

I don't know, I think Bernie would have a good argument of sand bagging after that leaked scandal:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-dnc-fraud-lawsui

But maybe they just weren't happy with the choices.

It's like that on both sides. Everyone hates Trump, even Trump supporters.

And a lot of people hate Hillary, including her supporters.

But people are afraid to vote third party, because they're convinced they're wasting a vote, or helping the other team.

That probably won't change, but now is a golden opportunity to tap into that pent up discontent and push third rail for all its worth.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Raptor22
Why does the link in the op say Newsweek?

Because it was supposed to be The Week and I couldn't change it after I figured it out.

Surtur
Gotta give Beto props. Looks like Bobby Kennedy, drives like Ted.

BOOOOOM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.