High Herald Battlezone Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
We got Darksaint85 as our host

Wildstorm Majestic w/Creation blades & Zoom rep by MrMind vs Composite Hulk (no WB) & Thor rep by One Big Mob

starting tuesday April 2nd

full capacity, CIS off

Battle take place in Dubai, 0.5km standard distance

1 OP and 2 posts for each candidate

10 days limit

Judges TBA

Galan007
I'm going to move this thread to the CBvF just so it gets a bit more traffic -- it'll be easier for you guys to get judges that way.

The BZ thread itself should definitely go in the actual BZ forum, though.

One Big Mob
Should have my post sent into Battlesaint either today or tomorrow. Pretty confident in my boys, I just need to examine some past Pope arguements to make sure.

t7hsVa18yfA

leonidas
bran in a bz? using hulk?? if carv doesn't appear for this, i fear the worst has happened. saint really DOES have him tied up in his trunk.

One Big Mob
I am going to do my best to summon our Lord and he will be proud. The scales I plan on working with would make Morrison wail.

leonidas
i can NOT wait for this.....

Galan007
True form Hulk?

leonidas
true form bran. thumb up

DarkSaint85
I hope its as horrendous as my attempt with WBH in a trans level tourney.

leonidas
oh this may be an absolute trainwreck that i wouldn't judge for all of galan's blackjack winnings, but it will be entertaining. thumb up

Damborgson
Zoom with creation blades lol....

And yet, I feel no fear....

One Big Mob
My only concern is that mine and Phildo's strategies might be mirror images of each other. Hope not

shiftysmilie

MrMind
Originally posted by One Big Mob
My only concern is that mine and Phildo's strategies might be mirror images of each other. Hope not

shiftysmilie

you can decide if you want to post first or not after OP, I'm fine either way

I know it's 1 OP and 2 rebuttel posts total

but can we at least divide each of our rebuttel posts to part 1 and part 2 with no words limit?

I have too much info to cram in. But up to you though

DarkSaint85
I would be of the opinion that we keep the limit.

If it's too long, that's a lot to ask of judges.

Use tiny URL if needed.

MrMind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I would be of the opinion that we keep the limit.

If it's too long, that's a lot to ask of judges.

Use tiny URL if needed.

ok compromise, how about second post get to have part 1 and part 2

OP and Final post within words limit

DarkSaint85
I will go with the consensus, but I would want the word limit in there

Speaking as a potential judge.

MrMind

MrMind
Perfect, we have all the judges

abhilegend, Darksaint85, Rage of Olympus, Delta1938, xJLxKing

xJLxKing
Thanks for letting me judge
Is possible provide link with the BZ thread.

MrMind
already sent Darksaint my OP, once Bran send his, maybe we can start the BZ sooner like this week?

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanks for letting me judge
Is possible provide link with the BZ thread.

the thread will be made within a week, you can check it out next week in bz forum thumb up

One Big Mob
Sent my post in yesterday thumb up

One Big Mob
My comp just shut down and had to repair my drive from all the Google images viruses I probably just got. The post I sent in yesterday might take a little longer to finish. thumb up

DarkSaint85
I shall wait until it is all in. Can't just tease me with the tip.

DarkSaint85
I will go with the consensus, but I would want the word limit in there

Speaking as a potential judge.

I don't think I'll have the time to judge this time, boyos.

One Big Mob
I was like 4 words away from being done. I hope it didn't clear the pages, and refresh my copy paste... from yesterday

Eye wunder y

Bentley or Phildo could probably take your place though

MrMind
yeah, either Phil and Bentley are top notch.

but you'll still host right DS? just need you to post the OPs

One Big Mob
There, dunzo. Pretty proud of what I wrote. I don't want to toot my own horn, but it might be the best battlezone debut this forum has ever seen.

Philosophía
I'd rather be a spectator and enjoy this intricate BZ instead of judging.

Bentley should come through.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by MrMind
yeah, either Phil and Bentley are top notch.

but you'll still host right DS? just need you to post the OPs

I'll host.

I'll post them both when I'm home, so in 7ish hours time?

MrMind
Bentley agreed to judge thumb up

There, dunzo. Pretty proud of what I wrote. I don't want to toot my own horn, but it might be the best battlezone debut this forum has ever seen.
Lol it's only my second BZ and I'm already addicted

who do you want to go first after the OP? I'm fine either way

But whoever go first should also post last, also I dunno if you know this rule DS informed me before about whoever posting last.

As a judge, just bear in mind that I will take a dim view of last posts that have brand new arguments (am saying this for Mr Mind as he's new).

By that I mean, I'm hoping that the very last post doesn't suddenly have an argument saying 'Oh, and BTW here is Daken with Wakandan tech, able to hack Shi Ar technology blah blah (or whatever)'.

And then poor Supermutant can't argue against it because he's already finished. You get my point.

1. we are doing words limit all 3 posts?
2. or can we do part 1 and part 2 on post 2, and limit the words on OP and Final post ?

deadline next Friday April 5th sound OK to you? like you said this way we can knock this one out fast.

DarkSaint85
Tbf, it's not a rule per se. Just good sporting form (I've been guilty of breaking it in the past).

MrMind
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t660205.html

thread made

DarkSaint85
Lol I was going to do all that, but thanks!

One Big Mob
You can go first, and last if you want. If you really need to do it like that, I don't care. I think a wait and see attitude though is going to bring clarity. shifty

cdtm
You can go first, and last if you want. If you really need to do it like that, I don't care. I think a wait and see attitude though is going to bring clarity. shifty

OBD the gentleman. thumb up

MrMind
just trying to establish all the rules, so there's no miscommunication between us thumb up

so you want to do 10k post limit on all 3 posts? I'm ok with that

One Big Mob
I would like 10k posts but I'm fine if you want to make the most of the 30k spread out. Also my OP is in 2 parts, but that's because my links are all comicvine links and blogspot links. If theoretically downsized to imgur links, it would be around 8500 characters at best.

I can downsize it now if you want by uploading everything to Imgur, but I'm just saying the size is bloated by super long links. So...

Galan007
That avatar threw me off for a sec.

#OneBigAnvil

One Big Mob
Carver Anvils' full rage will be on display here. I hope that while reading my carefully thought out post, it gives you nostalgia of a time when Carver never left.

This is for my Pope.

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/RQYQleZ.jpg

MrMind
btw abhi's banned sad

let's just do it with 4 judges for now. if there's a tie we can find someone as tie breaker

I would like 10k posts but I'm fine if you want to make the most of the 30k spread out. Also my OP is in 2 parts, but that's because my links are all comicvine links and blogspot links. If theoretically downsized to imgur links, it would be around 8500 characters at best.

I can downsize it now if you want by uploading everything to Imgur, but I'm just saying the size is bloated by super long links. So...

nah bro im not gonna make you waste your time like that. no worries

I'll follow the 10k rule, your next 2 posts as well, single post each time no seperate

One Big Mob
btw abhi's banned sad

let's just do it with 4 judges for now. if there's a tie we can find someone as tie breaker

nah bro im not gonna make you waste your time like that. no worries

I'll follow the 10k rule, your next 2 posts as well, single post each time no seperate
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UniqueCheeryFrillneckedlizard-small.gif

K, cool, sounds good. If we find another judge along the way, that'd be cool too. Whoever you're fine with is alright with me.

One Big Mob
I feel like the Battlemaster is just screwing with us. Unchain my posts and let the world see the truth!

DarkSaint85
Patience!!!

DarkSaint85
It's up. Bran, took a fair bit of time but I fixed the links. Good luck all!

Edit: I will admit, there was something....familiar about the posts.

Galan007
*Hakai'd the dupe thread.

One Big Mob
It's up. Bran, took a fair bit of time but I fixed the links. Good luck all!

Edit: I will admit, there was something....familiar about the posts. Should have just done two posts. The Quora links were eyecatching. thumb up

Not sure what you mean...

But it has finally been freed. All the chains are broken paving way for our Pope to return!

DarkSaint85
Should have just done two posts. The Quora links were eyecatching. thumb up

Not sure what you mean...

But it has finally been freed. All the chains are broken paving way for our Pope to return!

Haha I saved tons of characters with some of those CV links.

Would've honestly have loved to have judged, but I don't have the time these days, alas. And that was before I read the posts and realised what a strong, macho, winning writing style you have.

One Big Mob
DS also screwed up my end sentence. Ruins the whole thing tbh. My guys will probably lose because of that. sad

Too much mucking around with perfection

DarkSaint85
That's so weird - when I posted it, it appeared fine......

Galan007
*Fixed.

I couldn't have DS setting Branvil up for failure. srsly

One Big Mob
TY. Now I am back to full power. Marvel always wins.

MrMind
this words limit bs rule is so annoyin, there are so many mis represented infos to address in your scans. and I have to quote as well, gaddamit

But I agreed to it, oh well...

I feel like I'm being trolled

ghostman
lol so much nonsense from the thor/hulk side.......

MrMind
sigh... just disregard my rant, I'll have my second post in this friday or saturday. That should leave plenty of time

MrMind
so instead of instead of within 10k for each post
I will make sure my 3 posts TOTAL do not exceed 30k limit, you guys can do a easy characters count after all is finished

so I'm not breaking the rule. It will just format a little different

anyway don't want my ocd fixated on one thing...moving on

One Big Mob
Should be a good close battle. thumb up

As long as your next 2 or 3 posts don't surpass 20k characters, then you be you. Make 10 posts if you need to... actually, might save that for the idea bank.

MrMind
Should be a good close battle. thumb up

As long as your next 2 or 3 posts don't surpass 20k characters, then you be you. Make 10 posts if you need to... actually, might save that for the idea bank.

like i said all 3 post together will be<=30k.
My OP is not close to 10k.
as long as all I type in the BZ doesn't surpass 30k
You can do the same as well thumb up

I would like 10k posts but I'm fine if you want to make the most of the 30k spread out.

MrMind
just posted my second post, 2 days earlier than what I expected, but still took me a long fukin time

let me know when you will finish your post 2 and post 3, as long as it's before next wednesday, I should have enough time to finish my final post before next Friday

my first post is just under 7500 characters, second post 13500. so 21000 total characters been used, you can do characters count with word document to check

So 9000 characters left for me to post, my final post will be withhin 9000 characters, single post.

Sounds good to everyone?

One Big Mob
Should have it sent into Battlesaint within 30 minutes. Just doing some finishing touches

MrMind
Should have it sent into Battlesaint within 30 minutes. Just doing some finishing touches

thanks for being so efficient thumb up

DarkSaint85
Bear in mind I won't potentially be posting it for another 24 hours (told you i was busy!)

Unless it's straightforward.....

One Big Mob
Just sent it in.

Edit: Dang, some timing. laughing out loud Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for the Battlemaster to get done his 24 hour cleanse

DarkSaint85
Lol I haven't received it....

MrMind
Lol I haven't received it....

https://media.giphy.com/media/12qRcaFWzF5yik/giphy.gif

One Big Mob
Lol I haven't received it.... Weird. Check it again.

DarkSaint85
Nope.

Edit: Whilst I appreciate a parody as much as the next guy, Bran, don't take the Alberto facade too far....

DarkSaint85
Yeah. Hopefully it's not a mean attempt at a prank by Bran. Because it's rather shitty of him.

Plus side, if it IS a prank, then it involves him not being online for a few days lol.

MrMind
Yeah. Hopefully it's not a mean attempt at a prank by Bran. Because it's rather shitty of him.

Plus side, if it IS a prank, then it involves him not being online for a few days lol.

the deadline for bz he agreed to is next friday, If he cannot send in all his post in next wednesday, then I'm not gonna wait for his post and send my post 3

I send my post 2 on wednesday, that should give him a week to write 2 posts.

I hope it's not a prank, took me a long time to write and gather my info

I don't think it's a prank though

don't worry he'll come through

One Big Mob
Relax, my post is already done in my mind and sent in. Let me just resend it into DS again in an hour instead of posting it myself within the week and change I have left.

I feel anyone that didn't know what they were getting into before the bz, when the matchups were announced, when the OPs were posted, and now are deluding themselves.

smile

leonidas
i for one never doubted you. thumb up

Philosophía
Bran is like Black Panther.

Summoning the spirit of the dead to carve his opponents.

DarkSaint85
Well Mr Mind is kinda new still. So I deluded myself into thinking Bran would step up.

Ah well. Disappointing.

Galan007
Remember, Branvil can still summon the 9 scans of carver... Which is basically like pulling out Exodia in a debate.

https://i.imgur.com/VptLEKy.gif

https://i.imgur.com/6YbwLcr.gif

One Big Mob
Well Mr Mind is kinda new still. So I deluded myself into thinking Bran would step up.

Ah well. Disappointing. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/617LIO6T7bL._SY445_.jpg

Philosophía
Just saw this.

Lmao.

MrMind
Originally posted by Galan007
Remember, Branvil can still summon the 9 scans of carver... Which is basically like pulling out Exodia in a debate.

https://i.imgur.com/VptLEKy.gif

https://i.imgur.com/6YbwLcr.gif

no use

once my h1 math is in full power, I'll summon these

http://i.imgur.com/ZsTZH.jpg

Zorc shits on Exodia
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4SdjHhhUYf8/hqdefault.jpg

Galan007
Zorc shits on Exodia
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4SdjHhhUYf8/hqdefault.jpg This "Zorc" has a huge dick, it seems. mmm

MrMind
bigger than Dr Manhattan's evil face

One Big Mob
once my h1 math is in full power The Coyote Smuggler just picked up another alien to Ideasville. thumb up

leonidas
anyone else noticing how much galan has been resorting to dbz (i said that right, right....? confused ) style memes/gifs lately? i'm not sure what this says, exactly, but i think it's happening enough to mark a new stage in his kmc evolution. mmm

Galan007
I didn't mention DBZ in this thread, leo, I mentioned YuGiOh. Completely different nerd shit. thumb up

Philosophía
Galan legitimately wears a dragon ball orange gi when moderating the forum.

Each time a report is received he loudly screams "Nani?!"

Galan007
Phil gets me. thumb up

One Big Mob
Fukkings ningens always messing with onigiri and miso soup night.

One Big Mob
looks like my post finally went through. Raz must have put a multi-day hold on my posts for some reason

It looks very good. There's no irony or anything probably. Should produce fun response. Good debate thumb up

SquallX
Nah, I see Galan more like a Clark Kent type. He gets piss, he rages, he then pull his glasses up, smile and then annihilates you with words. All the while he has that goofy smile on his smug face.

Philosophía
lmao @ the last picture.

Galan007
Originally posted by SquallX
All the while he has that goofy smile on his smug face. laughing out loud

thumb up

One Big Mob
My conclusion is up. Judges you can vote now

AlbertoJohnAvil
My conclusion is up. Judges you can vote now

could we do a bz? you seem very good at it

One Big Mob
Debate myself? But I am myself

MrMind
Bran.... I thought we agreed on you send everything in by wednesday so I have 2 days for rebuttal. What's up with your final post sending in today?

You know what nevermind I'll send in my final post in Friday. Judges please cast your vote after I send in my final post

One Big Mob
I never agreed to that. You told me to twice but that doesn't change the fact that the deadline is actually tomorrow.

It never made sense anyway for me to answer your post and then write another post immediately after like I had more to respond to. In that case it was always going to be a summary of the events, which it was. It came directly from my prior posts with no new information or arguments, not even a scan. Strictly within anyone's guidelines.
It coming a day later than you telling me to changes nothing. Filler post. thumb up

I mean, I could have used it to extend my rebuttal, but I am a gentleman.

Besides, you said you were going to finish regardless of whether I'm done by yesterday.

the deadline for bz he agreed to is next friday, If he cannot send in all his post in next wednesday, then I'm not gonna wait for his post and send my post 3

I send my post 2 on wednesday, that should give him a week to write 2 posts.

I hope it's not a prank, took me a long time to write and gather my info

I don't think it's a prank though

don't worry he'll come through

Also I am 12 hours and 40 minutes "late". Not quite a full day.
Blame it on the slow servers holding up my post by 12 hours and 41 minutes. thumb up

MrMind
Just posted my final post

I guess common courtesy is lost along the line

I can only start writing my final post after you write yours so I know what I'm dealing with

My post 2 was posted 28th of last month, I give you 7 days to come up with 2 posts. Yet your final post was sent yesterday leaving me only one day for my final post while keep reminding me the deadline. Funny thing is you said your posts were done on the 28th on page 4, what took you so long huh?
Relax, my post is already done in my mind and sent in. Let me just resend it into DS again in an hour instead of posting it myself within the week and change I have left.

I feel anyone that didn't know what they were getting into before the bz, when the matchups were announced, when the OPs were posted, and now are deluding themselves.

smile

Why don't you give me a heads up beforehand, let me know when your posts will be posted. I did that for you. I constantly keep you informed and followed every requests you have for this BZ. I even cleared my schedule and did the bz earlier because you wanted to knock this bz out fast.

I'm currently in Shanghai with shit vpn and extreme slow internet to access comics. I have to take half day off work today to write my post.

I'm glad this is done now.

One Big Mob
laughing out loud

Anyway, very good clean debate. Wish this could have been unlimited. thumb up

leonidas
laughing out loud

thumb up

MrMind
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

thumb up
laughing out loud

erm

One Big Mob
Have the judges sent in their verdicts yet? I know this will come down to the wire but please have them sent to DS by Wed so he has 2 days to post them.

We're playing with Carver's future here

MrMind
So...any votes coming in?

MrMind
As trollish as this BZ was thanks to bran

there should still be a conclusion of who wins...

at least make me feel time well wasted

Damborgson
Need another judge?

MrMind
Originally posted by Damborgson
Need another judge?

yes

Damborgson
Okay, who should I send my verdict to?

MrMind
Originally posted by Damborgson
Okay, who should I send my verdict to?

Darksaint please thumb up

One Big Mob
As trollish as this BZ was thanks to bran

there should still be a conclusion of who wins...

at least make me feel time well wasted Wasn't trollish at all. Very clean bz. I just wish we could have had all the Superman fans judge this like intended. thumb up

RIP Abhi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.