Venom 2 (2020)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
So obviously we'll get Carnage but will we get rated R? Probably not cause parents will kick up a fuss

Patient_Leech
I'm not interested unless they go R-rated. At least I certainly won't buy a theater ticket, I mean.

The first one suffered greatly from PG-13 rating and too much budget, imo.

steverules_2
First one was gonna be a rated R but then parents started crying so Sony lowered the rating. Credit to Fox they stuck to their guns and kept Deadpool rated R including the sequel. Wish Sony had at least released a rated R Blu-ray/DVD .

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
First one was gonna be a rated R but then parents started crying so Sony lowered the rating...

I never heard that. I heard the director say something like, "Well, we didn't want to leave out any fans, blah blah..."

But yeah, it was teased as being R-rated for a while, I knew that.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I never heard that. I heard the director say something like, "Well, we didn't want to leave out any fans, blah blah..."

But yeah, it was teased as being R-rated for a while, I knew that.

I thought it was gonna be rated R and they changed it

Hopefully this one is rated R, wanna see Carnage going phucking mental

Estacado
Hope it will be better than the 1st.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Estacado
Hope it will be better than the 1st.

Thought you liked the first?

Patient_Leech
I thought it was gonna be rated R and they changed it

Hopefully this one is rated R, wanna see Carnage going phucking mental

I highly doubt they'll go R-rated since the first was so successful with PG-13.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but very surprised. jawdrop

Hell, they don't even want to release an Unrated version.

Are all the deleted scenes on the blu-ray?

Estacado
Thought you liked the first?
It was ok they draged the begining out for way too long...Imo.

Even as a Venom fan I would rate it a 7/10 if I didnt like him so much it would be a 6/10.

Darth Thor
^ Fans are usually harsher than general audiences tbh.

steverules_2
I highly doubt they'll go R-rated since the first was so successful with PG-13.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but very surprised. jawdrop

Hell, they don't even want to release an Unrated version.

Are all the deleted scenes on the blu-ray?

I'm not sure, there's probably deleted scenes but none of them would be anything special. I think they extended the Cletus interview.

I'm sure there were meant to be scenes where you actually see Venom full on biting heads off but obviously can't have that in a PG-13

Patient_Leech
I'm not sure, there's probably deleted scenes but none of them would be anything special. I think they extended the Cletus interview.

I'm sure there were meant to be scenes where you actually see Venom full on biting heads off but obviously can't have that in a PG-13

Yeah, that and I think I heard Tom Hardy say that all his favorite stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, like 40 or 45 minutes worth of footage.

It was ok they draged the begining out for way too long...Imo.

Even as a Venom fan I would rate it a 7/10 if I didnt like him so much it would be a 6/10.

I actually liked all the setup stuff. I really enjoyed getting to know Eddie Brock and Tom Hardy was great. It was when all the lame PG-13 action and goofy, darkly lit CGI came that I stopped caring.

steverules_2
Yeah, that and I think I heard Tom Hardy say that all his favorite stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, like 40 or 45 minutes worth of footage.

Doesn't surprise me

BruceSkywalker
i can see an r rated director's cut/extended cut for blu ray but the theatrical version will be pg-13

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i can see an r rated director's cut/extended cut for blu ray but the theatrical version will be pg-13

lol, but they didn't even do that for Venom 1. From what I understand the director refused to do it.

I think the studio is probably afraid people will realize how much better it would have been with all the cut R-rated footage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carthage

Robtard
So obviously we'll get Carnage but will we get rated R? Probably not cause parents will kick up a fuss

Can't see it going R now. First one made 855million, so they'll stick to the formulae.

Hopefully they both push the PG-13 envelope as far as they can with some proper violence and they make a good film, last one was just okay.

NemeBro
Maybe when the next movie comes out he will get some feats so he won't be effortlessly bodied by Aquaman. thumb up

Tzeentch
Am I wrong for not wanting Woody Harrelson to be Carnage? I have nothing against him, but the dude is 60 years old.

NemeBro
Woody as Carnage sounds hilarious imho.

Tzeentch
Here you go kid https://youtu.be/xUFTQafdmos

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Am I wrong for not wanting Woody Harrelson to be Carnage? I have nothing against him, but the dude is 60 years old.

Age doesn't matter too much with what they can do with CGI and he can pull off crazy pretty well, so overall I think he'll do it right with proper writing and directing.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Here you go kid https://youtu.be/xUFTQafdmos

Love how he's written "Hello Eddie" with poop on his cell wall

Kazenji
Better give him a better red wig for the sequel, He looked like Ronald McDonald in that post credit's scene.

BruceSkywalker
lol, but they didn't even do that for Venom 1. From what I understand the director refused to do it.

I think the studio is probably afraid people will realize how much better it would have been with all the cut R-rated footage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

well anything is possible..... of course you know folks will complain that the film should r rated.. personally i could care less as i just want to see a good film

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Better give him a better red wig for the sequel, He looked like Ronald McDonald in that post credit's scene.

laughing out loud You're right, he did. laughing out loud

well anything is possible..... of course you know folks will complain that the film should r rated.. personally i could care less as i just want to see a good film

But it wasn't a good film precisely because of the PG-13 rating and inflated budget. The last act turned to shit.

steverules_2
laughing out loud You're right, he did. laughing out loud

But it wasn't a good film precisely because of the PG-13 rating and inflated budget. The last act turned to shit.

I didn't like the Riot fight, couldn't really see what was happening

Patient_Leech
I didn't like the Riot fight, couldn't really see what was happening

Exactly.

Darth Thor
Well this was another one where they weee on a limited budget for the first film. Given how much it made, the sequel is bound to have better/longer effects and action sequences.

TheIndyJedi
Ugh they are seriously going to tone Carnage down if the film is going to be PG-13

Arachnid1
Hope it will be better than the 1st. I wouldn't count on it.

Kazenji
Andy Serkis is up for possible director for the sequel

Travis Knight, and Rupert Wyatt are also on the list.

riv6672
of course you know folks will complain that the film should r rated..
heh heh...yeah i know at least one. smile

personally i could care less as i just want to see a good film
Same. Thats all that matters.

Oliver Brown
The audience is expecting a lot more from the second part. And I'm too curious about the plot of the movie.

Kazenji
Andy Serkis is locked in for the sequel to direct it.

steverules_2
Seems like a random choice

Kazenji
Anyone know what Serkis's Mowgli film was like ?

steverules_2

Kazenji
Shriek to be in the sequel, Naomie Harris (28 days later, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3) is in talks for the role.

steverules_2
So what Foz did with Domino in DP2 Sony is doing with Shriek Venom 2

carthage
Movie is definitely heading in the right direction

steverules_2
So what Fox did with Domino in DP2 Sony is doing with Shriek Venom 2

Edited

Kazenji
^ Didn't really bother me with Domino in DP 2, It was still like the character despite not having the white skin

who know's Sony might actually give Naomie Harris the white skin, Just have to wait and see.

steverules_2
Didn't bother me either, I enjoyed her as Domino but I just wondered if sony were doing something similar. Only thing I ever saw Naomie in was 28 days later

BruceSkywalker
Didn't bother me either, I enjoyed her as Domino but I just wondered if sony were doing something similar. Only thing I ever saw Naomie in was 28 days later

she also has been in the last 3 Bond films

Kazenji
And also last years Rampage movie.

steverules_2

Estacado
So they wrapped up filming not long ago...

Also here is a pic of Woody as Cletus....

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ae5PWVj_460swp.webp

StiltmanFTW
@Esta

Do we know for sure if it's gonna be R-rated?

As they lied to us about Venom's r-rating, too.

steverules_2
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@Esta

Well venom was R rated at first but then got edited to bump it down to PG13?

Robtard
Venom was R at first.

From what I've read, if Disney-Marvel didn't secure Spider-Man for more films, Venom 2 was likely going to be R-Rated. Now that SM is back in, it's far more likely they'll go with PG-13 again, with the hope of bringing the characters together in a later film.

Kazenji
Can still do alot with PG-13, It's just most director's these days are pussy's not wanting to push things.

Estacado
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@Esta

No idea tbh...

Release date is October I think...

Estacado
DC6godFFABw

ShadowFyre
Nice find estacado

They shouldn't bring Toxin in yet, he wasn't born till years later anyway.

Patient_Leech
Yay, more lame, inappropriate PG-13 action.

Estacado
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Nice find estacado

They shouldn't bring Toxin in yet, he wasn't born till years later anyway.
They should keep him for Venom 3.

ShadowFyre
To be honest, even bringing Spiderman in at this point just feels awkward. Like ass to mouth

Stringer

Kazenji
Yay, more lame, inappropriate PG-13 action.

Yeah...Because make it R rated for the sake of it means instant success.

Kazenji
^ Meanwhile yes, It could do with it because of the addition of Cletus / Carnage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.