TLJ Rey -VS- TPM Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaveDude33211
The setting is Theed Hangar on Naboo.

When the door opens, Darth Maul expects to see Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-wan Kenobi.

Instead, he sees Rey standing in front of him, holding a blue-bladed lightsaber.

Who wins?

1. Saber

2. Force

3. All Out

ares834

Underachiever59
Obviously, Maul takes this.
1. Saber. Rey hasn't been formally trained to wield a lightsaber. Sure, she spent her whole life training to use a melee weapon in combat, but I wouldn't consider her any better with a lightsaber than any normal Padawan. Her ability to contend with four Praetorian guards is only about as impressive as Ahsoka taking out a trio of Magnaguards on Tatooine in the TCW movie. Meanwhile, Maul is considered one of the most skilled lightsaber duelists on all of Star Wars, whether you're looking at Canon or Legends. He twice proved himself Qui-Gon's superior, while Qui-Gon was considered one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order, and was easily a Council-tier Jedi Master. There's no contest here. Maul would defeat Rey easier than he defeated Eldra Kaitis.

2. Force. Rey might actually have a chance here, though I seriously doubt it. Her raw power was enough to scare Luke, and she's been proven to be Kylo Ren's equal in terms of sheer Telekinetic muscle. But she's never been shown to use a Force push, or any other form of Force-based offense. Meanwhile, we've seen Maul Force Push Obi-Wan in The Phantom Menace, giving him the only Force-based offensive we've seen between these two combatants. Not to mention we don't even know if Rey knows how to defend against TK at all, since we know Luke explicitly didn't train her to do so.

3. All out. Do I really even need to say it? Maul. Better swordsman, only one shown using the Force in an offensive manner. There's no question here.

Darth Thor

TheNuisanceBird

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.