Senator Mike Lee, Absolute ****ing MAD LAD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
6fLd0duzT6g

****ing magnificent

Robtard
"During a speech on the Senate floor, Republican Sen. Mike Lee joked that if the Green New Deal passes, people would get around by riding Tauntauns, a fictional creature from "Star Wars," and said that the real solution to fighting climate change is to have more children." -snip

Is this supposed to be one of those "Lolz! Troll'n and Own'n Teh Libs!" thing?

Eon Blue
My kind of politican.

jaden_2.0
Watched this earlier. Quite possibly the best presentation ever. I nearly choked when he brought up the tauntaun picture.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Robtard
"During a speech on the Senate floor, Republican Sen. Mike Lee joked that if the Green New Deal passes, people would get around by riding Tauntauns, a fictional creature from "Star Wars," and said that the real solution to fighting climate change is to have more children." -snip

Is this supposed to be one of those "Lolz! Troll'n Teh Libs!" thing?
Yes. Absolutely yes. And it... was... beautiful.

It got a good laugh out of me so I thought I'd share it.

I'd never use the phrase "troll the libs" though because not every liberal is on the left and not everyone on the left is a liberal. Generally the actual liberals are the people I like on the left.

Robtard
I'll watch it later.

Patient_Leech
Oh lawd, this looks like it might be amusing. I'll have to watch it later, also.

Tzeentch
Give me the cliff notes, 13 minutes is too long.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Give me the cliff notes, 13 minutes is too long.

We gotta use babies to fight climate change. Cuz more people means more people to fight it.

ares834

Surtur
He saw the Chewbacca Defense and said "hold my beer".

Tzeentch
The only true solution to climate change is to allow total regulative freedom for corporations.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That was stupid but hilarious in its effectiveness imo.

I think his point is valid. The Green New Deal is utterly ridiculous, economically unfeasible, and unenforceable.

It's the liberal equivalent of Trump's campaign riding on "Building a massive wall that Mexico will pay for". It is so f*cking dumb.

How can we screen for a better quality of politicians?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I think his point is valid. The Green New Deal is utterly ridiculous, economically unfeasible, and unenforceable.

It's the liberal equivalent of Trump's campaign riding on "Building a massive wall that Mexico will pay for". It is so f*cking dumb.

That's a great comparison (the wall is similar to the Green New Deal).

Patient_Leech

Surtur
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

How can we screen for a better quality of politicians?

The problem is Democrats are now trying to make it so that if you're against it...it means you're a climate denier, etc. It's lunacy. It's like when they argue people who don't wanna curtail our 2nd amendment rights are in favor of kids being killed with guns or some bullshit like that.

Surtur
Oh, and not a SINGLE democrat voted yes. Why not? Why not stand behind this deal? Even MSNBC is calling them out for their shit.

MSNBC's Katy Tur presses Sen. Hirono after no Dem votes for Green New Deal: 'you're trying to have it both ways'

"Because this was just a sham so-called debate by Mitch McConnell," Hirono responded. "He wanted to divide the Democrats. The bottom line is that the Green New Deal is an aspirational document that says we recognize the science behind climate change, unlike Trump and the Republicans and all the climate deniers who want to stick their heads in the sand and make believe that climate change is not happening."

Ahh now it's an "aspirational" document. These people are dumb.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Sanity was done away with a long time ago and this guy represents that fact.
I would say it's more reflected by AOC's Green New Deal tbh

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I would say it's more reflected by AOC's Green New Deal tbh

Yep, this guy is clearly mocking them. While AOC is dead serious about her GND.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.