The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

With a magical new invention that promised to revolutionize blood testing, Elizabeth Holmes became the world's youngest self-made billionaire, heralded as the next Steve Jobs. Then, overnight, her $10-billion-dollar company dissolved. The rise and fall of Theranos is a window into the psychology of fraud. -snip

This was a very decent documentary on a very recent event. Do recommend it if you're interested in this type of subject matter. Holmes is/was a master con artist.

It's o HBO, might also be on Netflix

John Murdoch
I think Adam McKay is making a dramatized film with Jennifer Lawrence as Elizabeth Holmes. Interesting indeed.

Robtard
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I think Adam McKay is making a dramatized film with Jennifer Lawrence as Elizabeth Holmes. Interesting indeed.

Yeah, it's in the works.

Am curious what (if anything) Holmes was paid for the rights. Because if she's found guilty (trial starts later this year), it would be a violation of the Son of Sam law and any profit she makes from the film would be forfeit.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard

With a magical new invention that promised to revolutionize blood testing, Elizabeth Holmes became the world's youngest self-made billionaire, heralded as the next Steve Jobs. Then, overnight, her $10-billion-dollar company dissolved. The rise and fall of Theranos is a window into the psychology of fraud. -snip

This was a very decent documentary on a very recent event. Do recommend it if you're interested in this type of subject matter. Holmes is/was a master con artist.

It's o HBO, might also be on Netflix

interesting so i might watch...

Oliver Brown
The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley was a perfect contained tale of the now.

Source: https://filmoria.co.uk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.