Kit Fisto vs. TPM Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
Who wins?

TheIndyJedi
Maul slaps him

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Maul.

Geistalt
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Darth Maul.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Geistalt
Who wins?

Prime-Kit Fisto? He's stated to be pretty close to Obi-wan in RotS Novelization.

Kit Fisto wins, but Maul makes him work for it.

CuckedCurry
Kit tbh

TheIndyJedi
Fisto is a tier 7 as of ROTS. Maul is a tier 8 as of TPM
This isn't hard

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
This isn't hard

Source?

CaveDude33211
This isn't hard

If you're talking about the rating Nick Gillard gave the characters in Revenge Of The Sith, he never mentioned Maul or gave him a rating.

Plus, as I said, the RotS Novelization mentioned that Kit Fisto was one of the few Jedi close to Obi-wan in swordsmanship.

And RotS-Kenobi > TPM-Kenobi

Kit Fisto should be able to beat Maul after a difficult fight.

Galan007
Mace spoke quite highly of Kit's lightsaber skills as well:
https://i.imgur.com/hBl5j9n.jpg

ares834

Galan007
Clearly Palpatine is beyond unrivaled. thumb up

CaveDude33211

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Galan007
Mace spoke quite highly of Kit's lightsaber skills as well:
https://i.imgur.com/hBl5j9n.jpg

Great find.

thumb up

Kit was definitely considered to be one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of the Jedi Order and beyond TPM-Kenobi.

So he definitely destroys TPM-Maul after a difficult fight.

Trocity
Maul stomps, but it would be a good fight.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Trocity

Would be a good stomp yeah thumb up

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Trocity

So Maul stomps Prime-Kit Fisto, who would stomp TPM-Kenobi.

TPM-Maul > RotS-Kit Fisto > TPM-Kenobi > TPM-Maul

thumb up laughing laughing laughing

Nice, thanks for the laugh, I needed it. big grin

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Would be a good stomp yeah thumb up

Yeah, Kit stomping Maul. yes

StiltmanFTW

Underachiever59
I must confess, I'm more familiar with Canon Fisto than Legends (there are a couple books I am only familiar with, and have not read that include Fisto), but if I remember correctly, Legends Fisto had a sparring match with post-AotC Kenobi, correct? And during said sparring match, Fisto was the decisive victor. AotC Kenobi was far more developed than TPM Kenobi. TPM Kenobi was virtually Qui-Gon's eaual thanks to the young reader novels which cover Kenobi's training under Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon and Maul were also extremely close, with Maul edging out due to stamina, I believe.

So, Fisto>Post-AotC Kenobi>AotC Kenobi>TPM Kenobi~Qui-Gon<=TPM Maul.

By simple scaling, Fisto>>>TPM Maul.

Of course, looking at Canon, that story changes. We only really have Fisto's accolade from Mace in the Mace Windu comic regarding Fisto being "unrivaled", which, while clearly hyperbole, does let us know that Mace considers Fisto to be top-tier. And we have Fisto's showing against General Griecous, where he easily chops off a hand, scores a hit on Grievous' shoulder, and lands a Force push all in short order. And of course, Fisto blocking a few of Sidious' attacks before dying.

While Maul has many more showings, the only direct line osf comparison between the two seems to be Grievous and Sidious.

Maul has encountered Grievous three times in Son if Dathomir. Once, Grievous seems to easily defeat him. The second battle, Maul tackles Grievous and we don't really see any combat. The third time, Maul Force pushes Grievous without the two ever crossing blades. Maul's showing against Sidious is tricky to count, as Palpatine was clearly toying with the brothers at first, and Maul only really did well after his brother was killed in front of him. And even then, we know Sidious intended to take Maul alive to lure out Talzin, so we know he never actually tried to kill Maul.

Leaving just their performance against Grievous to compare the two in Canon. And on that front, I'd say Kit Fisto did better than Maul, in my opinion. We actually see him crossing blades with the cyborg general for a time, and Grievous never lands so much as a kick on Fisto. The same cannot be said for SoD Maul. And all indication seems to be that SoD Maul>>>TPM Maul, so there's no guarantee TPM Maul could even replicate the level of ability he demonstrated throughout the Clone Wars.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I must confess, I'm more familiar with Canon Fisto than Legends (there are a couple books I am only familiar with, and have not read that include Fisto), but if I remember correctly, Legends Fisto had a sparring match with post-AotC Kenobi, correct? And during said sparring match, Fisto was the decisive victor. AotC Kenobi was far more developed than TPM Kenobi. TPM Kenobi was virtually Qui-Gon's eaual thanks to the young reader novels which cover Kenobi's training under Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon and Maul were also extremely close, with Maul edging out due to stamina, I believe.

So, Fisto>Post-AotC Kenobi>AotC Kenobi>TPM Kenobi~Qui-Gon<=TPM Maul.

By simple scaling, Fisto>>>TPM Maul.

Of course, looking at Canon, that story changes. We only really have Fisto's accolade from Mace in the Mace Windu comic regarding Fisto being "unrivaled", which, while clearly hyperbole, does let us know that Mace considers Fisto to be top-tier. And we have Fisto's showing against General Griecous, where he easily chops off a hand, scores a hit on Grievous' shoulder, and lands a Force push all in short order. And of course, Fisto blocking a few of Sidious' attacks before dying.

While Maul has many more showings, the only direct line osf comparison between the two seems to be Grievous and Sidious.

Maul has encountered Grievous three times in Son if Dathomir. Once, Grievous seems to easily defeat him. The second battle, Maul tackles Grievous and we don't really see any combat. The third time, Maul Force pushes Grievous without the two ever crossing blades. Maul's showing against Sidious is tricky to count, as Palpatine was clearly toying with the brothers at first, and Maul only really did well after his brother was killed in front of him. And even then, we know Sidious intended to take Maul alive to lure out Talzin, so we know he never actually tried to kill Maul.

Leaving just their performance against Grievous to compare the two in Canon. And on that front, I'd say Kit Fisto did better than Maul, in my opinion. We actually see him crossing blades with the cyborg general for a time, and Grievous never lands so much as a kick on Fisto. The same cannot be said for SoD Maul. And all indication seems to be that SoD Maul>>>TPM Maul, so there's no guarantee TPM Maul could even replicate the level of ability he demonstrated throughout the Clone Wars.

thumb up

TheIndyJedi
Ugh why is TPM Maul so underrated?

CuckedCurry

TheNuisanceBird

CuckedCurry

TheIndyJedi
Maul was injured by a blaster when he beat Vosa

CuckedCurry

CuckedCurry
Assuming that Tiin and Kolar are looking at the traffic again of course

Meatpants
Maul beats him.

Galan007
Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Yo but in Cestus Deception Fisto literally throws himself off balance and uses his off hand and Kenobi still admits he's the better duelist :/ thumb up

CaveDude33211
Kit Fistos Maul. cool

Maul orgasms before he dies.

TheIndyJedi
So I guess a pre prime Maul getting blitzed by Siolo means he is shit. Nevermind that he was still an apprentice. Nevermind that he fought and killed one of the best duelists in the history of the jedi order (Qui Gon). Lets all look at his low end feats

CuckedCurry
Ur deffo a maul sympathiser

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Ur deffo a maul sympathiser
I do like him

CaveDude33211
I do like him

U need some Rule34 Maul Pr0n

TheNuisanceBird

Meatpants
Actually, on neutral ground without Maul's prep and advantages, the TPM duo would beat Maul.

CuckedCurry

CuckedCurry

Meatpants
Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.