Automation about to decimate Stocking and Loading Industry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Boston Dynamics

TempAccount
This is cool, but nothing revolutionary. There already exist more efficient machines that unload crates.

Tzeentch
Automation is good because it will allow companies to hit higher profit margins, and the more profit corporations make the happier and more prosperous everyone will be!

Archaeopteryx
Automation is about to devestate almost every industry in the next decade or so

Mindship
So, does this mean a lot more unemployed, scared and angry people out there? Or will there be job training programs as well?

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindship
So, does this mean a lot more unemployed, scared and angry people out there? Or will there be job training programs as well?

We need to train these people as soldiers for the day when we have to fight back against these machines.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
Automation is about to devestate almost every industry in the next decade or so

I keep telling my brother this. He's in the shipping industry, driving trucks.

His job is already replaced in some companies by self-driving trucks.

Tzeentch
If your brothers company were to phase out truck drivers they'd just rehire him as an automated truck programmer my dude

Mindship
Originally posted by Surtur
We need to train these people as soldiers for the day when we have to fight back against these machines. I imagine they're already pretty well armed. gunsmilie

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
If your brothers company were to phase out truck drivers they'd just rehire him as an automated truck programmer my dude

I see your sarcasm and raise you:

Yes, of course, because of all of his AI development skills.

BackFire
Yeah this is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

Everyone should just walk around pretending to be robots in order to get work.

Putinbot1
Sidebar to this Britain, Russia and the US all don't want the ban on killer robots to go ahead. Boston Dynamics and BAE with Taranis are indeed producing the most advanced killer robots, but I understand the Russians have a petrol driven "Daleks", basically an armoured, high calibre automatic weapon on wheels with sensors that has an autonomous mode.

SquallX
Originally posted by Tzeentch

You do know that defeats the purpose right?

Lestov16
Of course automation is taking over. It's the 21st century. Instead of being lazy and crying because there are no more easy menial jobs, these unemployed laborers should go back to school/educate themselves on contemporary technology and programming, as that is where the new job market of today is. If they are unwilling to do that, they truly have become obsolete.

Tzeentch
haermm

ares834
Originally posted by Lestov16
Of course automation is taking over. It's the 21st century. Instead of being lazy and crying because there are no more easy menial jobs, these unemployed laborers should go back to school/educate themselves on contemporary technology and programming, as that is where the new job market of today is. If they are unwilling to do that, they truly have become obsolete.

Based and redpilled. smokin'

gold slorg
exactly why we need to enforce UBI before it's too late

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.