Most knowledgeable users?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeadpoolXXX
this forum honestly seems to have a laundry list of really good debaters (when they want to be lol). leonidas, darksaint, Philosophia and so many more. ive learned alot just from watching some of you guys debate.

who would you say are some of the most knowledgeable people here?

StiltmanFTW
carver9

LordofBrooklyn
THE MIGHTY LOB!!!!

Damborgson
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
THE MIGHTY LOB!!!!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3a/70/07/3a70079bf253d7aac86d199cc295d5d6.gif

Silence!

DarkSaint85
Carver9

-K-M-
Carver must be loving all this....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BetterLavishDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

Obi-Carv Kenobi

ShadowFyre
A lot of then are very good at certain things and with their own styles.

I personally enjoy Philo, Bran, and not sure if he posts much in the comic forums but I like Nibedicus in the movie vs.

If you want to learn math, check out some of H1's posts, he taught most of these guys the art of debating.

Of course, Carver is in a whole nother tier all together so not really fair to put him against any of these ingrates.

MrMind
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
THE MIGHTY LOB!!!!

LOB! where you been man, get back here we need you to replace abhi when he's gone

Galan007
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
If you want to learn math, check out some of H1's posts, he taught most of these guys the art of debating. thumb up

cdtm
LordOfBrooklyn.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
this forum honestly seems to have a laundry list of really good debaters (when they want to be lol). leonidas, darksaint, Philosophia and so many more. ive learned alot just from watching some of you guys debate.

who would you say are some of the most knowledgeable people here?

Hmmmm well tbh alot of the good debaters are gone. Some are still around but rarely imo do we get to see the style of debating that made this site awesome in it's prime.

Laundry List
golden age Digi
GS
King Mungi ( not to be confused with the watered down KM)
Blair
Eny
Quan (when he's not baiting)
Scoob
Pre-Lifebringer Galan
Classic Delph
Trickster P
Nvrbeen
1 Dum
Phil
Saint (when he's not baiting)
Abhi (when he's not angry)
Jin
Charlotte ( my personal fav)
Pre Retcon Branlor
Smurph
Gundam
Naija Boy
Bent
Damborg
Curry
All the Darths....
Leo...hmm i may be forgetting some.

Oh lol Mr Master...that guy cracks me up

-K-M-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hmmmm well tbh alot of the good debaters are gone. Some are still around but rarely imo do we get to see the style of debating that made this site awesome in it's prime.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HastyBronzeIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif

Galan007
Pre-Lifebringer Galan Okay... I'll bite.

What is "Pre-Lifebringer" me? mmm

One Big Mob
Canadians are taking a pounding from Sin

-Pr-

Laundry List
golden age Digi
GS
Blair
Eny
Scoob
Pre-Lifebringer Galan
Classic Delph
Trickster P
Nvrbeen
1 Dum
Phil
Jin
Pre Retcon Branlor
Smurph
Gundam
Naija Boy
Bent
Damborg
Curry
All the Darths....

ly2.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Galan007
Okay... I'll bite.

What is "Pre-Lifebringer" me? mmm

Im referring to Galan of the Seventh Power (Galan7777777). The classic. The One Who Hungered....before the mod-hood and it's self sustaining life energies. Who would ravage whole threads with facts, scans and bloated text walls. You sir are a shell of your former self.

Galan007
thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
ly2.

Tbh i never recalled you debating.

GalacticStorm

Laundry List
golden age Digi
GS
Blair
Eny
Scoob
Pre-Lifebringer Galan
Classic Delph
Trickster P
Nvrbeen
1 Dum
Phil
Jin
Pre Retcon Branlor
Smurph
Gundam
Naija Boy
Bent
Damborg
Curry
All the Darths....

Much appreciated. Great list. thumb up

Demigawd
xmarksthespot
Draco

They certainly knew their stuff as well.

As did whirlysplat. I loved that guy. Come back! sad

DarkSaint85
He's still around, just with a diff name these days.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's still around, just with a diff name these days.

thumb up

Brolyblack

Galan007
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
As did whirlysplat. I loved that guy. Come back! sad Whirly goes by Putinbot these days.

Still very much active, though he's gotten away from the Comic forums for the most part.

-Pr-
Tbh i never recalled you debating.

lol yeah, I know. Been a long time since I was really in to it.

Sin I AM
lol yeah, I know. Been a long time since I was really in to it.

👌

Was there ever an undisputed king? Someone who never lost a tourney or who had the best track record.

Mindset
Just me.

cdtm
^^^ Just him.

Eon Blue
AC.

Quick Freeze
Khellendros
Scoobless
DarkCrawler
Cosmic Cube
WhirlySplat
Digi
Longpig
C-Master
Illadelph
Demigawd
Draco
and of course
Asian Hulk
also Stiltmaster been the homie lately

Putinbot1
Much appreciated. Great list. thumb up

Demigawd
xmarksthespot
Draco

They certainly knew their stuff as well.

As did whirlysplat. I loved that guy. Come back! sad

I am GS and I love you too. Btw, loads of pics of me and my third wife in the members pic thread off topic.

http://imgur.com/a/jnY5bd6

http://imgur.com/a/sDK4GUE

http://imgur.com/a/geUOuSK

http://imgur.com/a/Xg2Bjl3

http://imgur.com/a/fvCHqpL

http://imgur.com/a/nkpzy4V

And thanks to all the rest of you for remembering this old Whirly.

I keep winning these polls in the GDF now I know why. Love you cbf guys.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
thumb up

Brolyblack haha classic and no Bran, that's not me.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Khellendros
Scoobless
DarkCrawler
Cosmic Cube
WhirlySplat
Digi
Longpig
C-Master
Illadelph
Demigawd
Draco
and of course
Asian Hulk
also Stiltmaster been the homie lately been even longer since I saw you than GS quickfreeze. Nice to see you mate.

-Pr-
👌

Was there ever an undisputed king? Someone who never lost a tourney or who had the best track record.

Not really, iirc. Everyone has their own strengths, and with comics being so broad, being the best in one thread can have you end up making a show of yourself in another.

I always had respect for those that could find the tiniest loopholes in amalgam tournaments and exploit them, personally, even if I don't like tournaments that allow that stuff in the first place.

Putinbot1
I'd argue with sites like readcomicbooksonline being knowledgeable in this modern world is the easy part.

Premolar
Interesting thread.

beatboks
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'd argue with sites like readcomicbooksonline being knowledgeable in this modern world is the easy part.

Yeah but even then you have to know what comics to look at. I use readcomics.... a lot for scans to support a case (saves time trying to find the actual comic anyway). But usually only from stories I've read. Say like I remember x event and ab and c chsracters were present i hit a site that lists their appearances and then read the issues in which they all were. To narrow a search I always hit the issues that had the character who appeared with the others least first.

As to most knowledgeable

Operator has to be the walking encyclopedia of comics.
Galan
Digi
And maybe darksaint.
ID has a decent range of knowledge (always seems capable of pointing me to the scans I'm looking for that my searches are drawing blanks on)

Philo on Superman (and especially Blue/energy Supes) and one of the rare can be trusted not to blow shit out of proportion Supes fanboys.

Mungi on alpha flight, Capt Comet (probably the only poster anywhere besides me who knows much at all), and Hawkman

Damborg and Rage on Thor.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by beatboks
Yeah but even then you have to know what comics to look at. I use readcomics.... a lot for scans to support a case (saves time trying to find the actual comic anyway). But usually only from stories I've read. Say like I remember x event and ab and c chsracters were present i hit a site that lists their appearances and then read the issues in which they all were. To narrow a search I always hit the issues that had the character who appeared with the others least first.

As to most knowledgeable

Operator has to be the walking encyclopedia of comics.
Galan
Digi
And maybe darksaint.
ID has a decent range of knowledge (always seems capable of pointing me to the scans I'm looking for that my searches are drawing blanks on)

Philo on Superman (and especially Blue/energy Supes) and one of the rare can be trusted not to blow shit out of proportion Supes fanboys.

Mungi on alpha flight, Capt Comet (probably the only poster anywhere besides me who knows much at all), and Hawkman

Damborg and Rage on Thor. That ruins it for me, I far preffered thevday when people read the comics, it's why I don't debate here much now, it's too Mr Scan Guy where it becomes a game of Trumping cards and little narrative. I also find the ad hominen shit boring and the fact every debate has been done before a million times, but each to there own. I think most people who have been readong comics a while know a bit about the characters they like.

Galan perhaps has the most obscure leftfield knowledge of all. But many, many people here know their shit.

Bentley
Debates have only been done when you debate popular characters

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bentley
Debates have only been done when you debate popular characters Going to disagree Bentley, somewhere here there are "Concrete" vs everyone threads for example.

GalacticStorm
I am GS and I love you too. Btw, loads of pics of me and my third wife in the members pic thread off topic.

http://imgur.com/a/jnY5bd6

http://imgur.com/a/sDK4GUE

http://imgur.com/a/geUOuSK

http://imgur.com/a/Xg2Bjl3

http://imgur.com/a/fvCHqpL

http://imgur.com/a/nkpzy4V

And thanks to all the rest of you for remembering this old Whirly.

I keep winning these polls in the GDF now I know why. Love you cbf guys.

You did well there mate. Shes a stunner,

Looking great yourself.

Good to see you on here again smile

Digi
golden age Digi

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Digi
Asian Hulk

Blessing upon ye, friends. Truly, Asian Hulk is the only debater fit to be mentioned alongside me.

👌

Leo may have caught up in recent years with all the mini-tourneys, but Scoobless had the most wins by a fair margin for a long time. But everyone's lost multiple times, outside maybe 1-2 that only entered one tourney and won it.

I'd also add Darkcrawler (who may be one of those "one entry, one win" people). His encyclopedic knowledge of feats was legitimately impressive, even relative to us freaks who would enter 2-3 per year and do the research for them.

leonidas
laughing out loud

who could forget? you're one of kmc's few true legends. thumb up

Blair Wind
👌

I think Scoobless has the most overall wins, however, he was (IIRC) like 0-2or3 against me. Digi probably has the facts stored somewhere on a list.

As much as I could never devote the amount of time it takes to battle in a tournament again, that was my favorite part of the KMC of old - being able to participate in the tournaments and usually have a pretty good showing, while everyone was wondering how I may try and game the system lol.

Blair Wind
I always had respect for those that could find the tiniest loopholes in amalgam tournaments and exploit them, personally, even if I don't like tournaments that allow that stuff in the first place.

I knew you loved me PR.

You know what I miss? When a large ass group of us used to have AIM and do a group chat, then go play City of Heroes together.

Blair Wind

You leave KM alone! laughing That dude provided like 55% of all my scans back in the day. Him and Galan were the true MVP's for helping with comic book scans when a tournament was coming up.

DarkSaint85
Blair is still salty I beat him thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

who could forget? you're one of kmc's few true legends. thumb up Thanks mate as are you. thumb up

Putinbot1
You did well there mate. Shes a stunner,

Looking great yourself.

Good to see you on here again smile

Yhat she is GS, better than I deserve.
Thanks mate, Bada, Imp, Backfire and Pr have been very kind and Galan being a mod now is the cherry on top.

Badabing
Everybody listed so far has a place among the top tier people. But none come close to Betageuze. thumb up

Raptor22
Galan perhaps has the most obscure leftfield knowledge of all. oh no. Not u 2 bud. I knew Galan had most here fooled but i figured u at least would see thru the ruse.

All those scans he posts. Fakes. He just draws pages for characters he likes to create feats for them.

You can see some of his earlier work on Thanos halfway down the page in this thread-

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=640380&pagenumber=3

If u look close and compare it to his "scans" nowadays, you should be able to notice that old school Galan flair.

Ill give him credit tho, his drawing skills have improved over time.

stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Blair is still salty I beat him thumb up

Fake news. There was no match. Who knows how it would have ended up laughing wink

beatboks
That ruins it for me, I far preffered thevday when people read the comics, it's why I don't debate here much now, it's too Mr Scan Guy where it becomes a game of Trumping cards and little narrative. I also find the ad hominen shit boring and the fact every debate has been done before a million times, but each to there own. I think most people who have been readong comics a while know a bit about the characters they like.

Galan perhaps has the most obscure leftfield knowledge of all. But many, many people here know their shit.

But that's just my point.

To be able to use read comics on line effectively you have to have read the source material already to know what to look for and where.

I haven't puchased a DC comic since pretty much a year into Nu52 because I hated what they'd done to earth 2 characters after Robinson left, wasnt impressed by anything else except Demon Knights and they dropped it (the ONLY title worth anything IMHO out of all Nu52). I dont debate based on Nu52 at all. I wouldnt know where to start (nor would I care)

Putinbot1
But that's just my point.

To be able to use read comics on line effectively you have to have read the source material already to know what to look for and where.

I haven't puchased a DC comic since pretty much a year into Nu52 because I hated what they'd done to earth 2 characters after Robinson left, wasnt impressed by anything else except Demon Knights and they dropped it (the ONLY title worth anything IMHO out of all Nu52). I dont debate based on Nu52 at all. I wouldnt know where to start (nor would I care) Fair enough mate, I get you now thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I knew you loved me PR.

You know what I miss? When a large ass group of us used to have AIM and do a group chat, then go play City of Heroes together. Blair Wind, there's a friendly name I haven't seen in forever.

Blair Wind
Blair Wind, there's a friendly name I haven't seen in forever.

Stay Windy, Whirly!

rock

ShadowFyre
Whose the longest active user here? I found out about this site like 10 years ago but didnt make an account for a long time

Smurph
Originally posted by Digi
His encyclopedic knowledge of feats was legitimately impressive, even relative to us freaks who would enter 2-3 per year and do the research for them. "Research"

Way more efficient to follow the Long Pig school of "just make shit up"

Anybody can be a knowledgeable user if they just lie.

Galan007
Originally posted by Raptor22
oh no. Not u 2 bud. I knew Galan had most here fooled but i figured u at least would see thru the ruse.

All those scans he posts. Fakes. He just draws pages for characters he likes to create feats for them.

You can see some of his earlier work on Thanos halfway down the page in this thread-

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=640380&pagenumber=3

If u look close and compare it to his "scans" nowadays, you should be able to notice that old school Galan flair.

Ill give him credit tho, his drawing skills have improved over time.

stick out tongue laughing out loud

I completely forgot about that masterpiece I created. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
So did I.

Originally posted by Galan007
Hey guys, I just drew a pic of Thanos, too!

http://i.imgur.com/4KJbKJn.jpg

Not gonna lie, though- I totally used Astner's pic for reference... But as you'll note, the poses are completely different. thumb up

https://i.postimg.cc/d1S9NXwS/thanus.png

Can't believe Marvel hasn't hired us already?

Sin I AM
You leave KM alone! laughing That dude provided like 55% of all my scans back in the day. Him and Galan were the true MVP's for helping with comic book scans when a tournament was coming up.

Mungi, Digi and Galan got old. I still respect them though.

Digi
Originally posted by Smurph
"Research"

Way more efficient to follow the Long Pig school of "just make shit up"

Anybody can be a knowledgeable user if they just lie.

Lol. I mean, everyone spewed some BS (my entire first tourney was some Wiki bios and a lot of fancy guesswork), but we all knew longpig was like 80% bluster; dude didn't even try to hide it. Maybe others were more subtle. I definitely was a bit in awe of Darkcrawler after he posted that 5,000+ scan Spider-Man respect thread. So maybe he could pull the wool over on me more easily than some. Whereas others, I just assumed they were slinging lies and hoped they didn't prove me wrong.

smile

Mungi, Digi and Galan got old. I still respect them though.

thumb up

Quick Freeze

-Pr-

It should be, and yet, people either won't take the time, or just refuse to have the understanding of said comics.

I knew you loved me PR.

You know what I miss? When a large ass group of us used to have AIM and do a group chat, then go play City of Heroes together.

Or MSN. We had a good group.

==

So... Did Trick really never come back after that whole Isreal thing? Or did something else happen that I missed?

leonidas
trick left because of an israel thing? not sure what that means but i always wondered where that guy went. he was everywhere in the forum, then he just vanished.

-Pr-
That was the last I saw of him. IIRC there was a Darkseid-related thing that happened around the same time too.

Badabing
I messaged Trick of FB to post on KMC again. He never replied.

Putinbot1
It should be, and yet, people either won't take the time, or just refuse to have the understanding of said comics.

Or MSN. We had a good group.

==

So... Did Trick really never come back after that whole Isreal thing? Or did something else happen that I missed? To be honest Pr, it shouldn't be about time, debating comics should comebfrom a love of comics.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
I messaged Trick of FB to post on KMC again. He never replied.

Shame.

To be honest Pr, it shouldn't be about time, debating comics should comebfrom a love of comics.

I was more talking about taking the time to get educated on certain characters. Otherwise you end up with all sorts of shite.

Putinbot1
Shame.

I was more talking about taking the time to get educated on certain characters. Otherwise you end up with all sorts of shite. You think? At my worst I was spending almost 200 quid a month on comics, graphics etc. I never set out to educate myself on a single character, the ones I know most about, I know about because I've been reading them sincebthe mid 70's and I "love" small l, the characters.

beatboks
You think? At my worst I was spending almost 200 quid a month on comics, graphics etc. I never set out to educate myself on a single character, the ones I know most about, I know about because I've been reading them sincebthe mid 70's and I "love" small l, the characters.

I know what you mean

What I miss about the 60s and 70s is the Aussie reprints of comics. Trade protection laws meant limited numbers imported and the majority reprinted by Australian publishers. What that meant was the comics I bought were either 90 or 120 pages (only limited amount of that in colour) and as such most american titles were reprinted as anthologies. JLA had backup features with Hawkman, atom etc. Worlds finest also had other heroes storues after the supes/Batman story. Batgirl was in batman, supergirl in Action. Avengers had back ups of nembers, defenders had Dr Strange or SS stories.

I got a hell of a lot more for a lot less spend. When those protections disappeared in the mid 80s my pocket took one hell of a hit

Putinbot1
I know what you mean

What I miss about the 60s and 70s is the Aussie reprints of comics. Trade protection laws meant limited numbers imported and the majority reprinted by Australian publishers. What that meant was the comics I bought were either 90 or 120 pages (only limited amount of that in colour) and as such most american titles were reprinted as anthologies. JLA had backup features with Hawkman, atom etc. Worlds finest also had other heroes storues after the supes/Batman story. Batgirl was in batman, supergirl in Action. Avengers had back ups of nembers, defenders had Dr Strange or SS stories.

I got a hell of a lot more for a lot less spend. When those protections disappeared in the mid 80s my pocket took one hell of a hit Interesting read my friend, this will shock you nigtime. Comics in the 70's in the UK were actually ballast on ships from the US. We had similar black and white homegrown reprints called pocketbooks.

-Pr-
You think? At my worst I was spending almost 200 quid a month on comics, graphics etc. I never set out to educate myself on a single character, the ones I know most about, I know about because I've been reading them sincebthe mid 70's and I "love" small l, the characters.

That's what I mean, though: For you and me, we grew up reading comics, so we have a headstart over a lot of the younger readers. If they want to know what we know, they have to play catchup in a way we never had to.

I still wish people would do the bare minimum, though.

One Big Mob
Interesting read my friend, this will shock you nigtime. Comics in the 70's in the UK were actually ballast on ships from the US. We had similar black and white homegrown reprints called pocketbooks.

Uh oh

beatboks
You think? At my worst I was spending almost 200 quid a month on comics, graphics etc.

Thinking back on it, throughout most of the 80's i would buy at LEAST one comic a day. Around $3 - $5 each (exchange rate sucked ass). In the 90's that price per comic went up toward $9 au. Thats when I got more discriminating in my collection choices.

Bentley
I did not read comics growing up and learned everything I know during my stay in KMC.

And I still have a tourney win ahah

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Bentley
I did not read comics growing up and learned everything I know during my stay in KMC.

And I still have a tourney win ahah

laughing

I knew shit all about comics when I won the first time against Delph. This place definitely taught me a lot.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Uh oh yeah the bigtime typo wrecked that lol.

StiltmanFTW
yeah the bigtime typo wrecked that lol.

"typo" wink

BrolyBlack

Putinbot1
I read all the new GOTG 3 issues on Sunday, so not true.

Sin I AM
I read all the new GOTG 3 issues on Sunday, so not true.

Smh why

Putinbot1
Smh why l like the characters.

Insane Titan
I read all the new GOTG 3 issues on Sunday, so not true. current GOTG is a decent read.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Insane Titan
current GOTG is a decent read. it is IT, weird seeing wraith again.

Insane Titan
it is IT, weird seeing wraith again. I like wraith during conquest. Hopefully something good is done with him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.