Strongest Foe the Grand Inquisitor Could Beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Underachiever59
I'm pretty curious where everyone ranks the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels. I've heard some people online and irl treat him like he couldn't defeat a barely trained youngling, and others talk as though he could defeat the likes of Maul. From what I know of the character, he's got some solid feats, but I'm really not sure where to place him. With that said, who do you think the most powerful character is that he could defeat?

1. Season 2 Kanan (not blind)
2. Nahdar Vebb
3. Ahsoka Tano (TCW)
4. Barriss Offee
5. Aayla Secura
6. Luminara Unduli
7. Adi Gallia
8. Eeth Koth
9. Depa Billaba
10. Qui-Gon Jinn

For a quick reminder of his current showings:

He held his own for a time against Darth Vader, though Sidious pointed out that Vader was never in any real danger of losing.

He's rather easily defeated Jocasta Nu, a former Jedi Council member (Ahsoka seems to rate Jocasta Nu's abilities highly, though Sidious calls her "barely competent with a lightsaber," and "middling in the Force." I'd say the truth is somewhere between the two.)

He's also ranked above Prosset Dibs in the Inquisitorius, a former Jedi Master who is described by Mace as being "as strong with the Force as any Jedi ever known." Prosset Dibs was hand-picked to accompany the likes of Mace Windu and Kit Fisto on an extremely dangerous mission, and has also held his own for a time against Mace Windu during the Clone Wars, before becoming an Inquisitor.

Lastly, he has repeatedly tooled Season 1 Kanan and Ezra with seemingly no difficulty, ragdolling them both with the Force consistently and only ever struggling against Kanan in an extremely circumstantial encounter.

We've also been told by the makers of Rebels that the Grand Inquisitor wouldn't be able to defeat the likes of Obi-Wan, so it's clear he's not going to be contending with the absolute top-tier Jedi or Sith out there.

So, with all that said, which character do you think is the toughest foe the Grand Inquisitor could reasonably be expected to beat in a duel?

Total Warrior

ares834
He's Ventress level. So he clears. smile

Jaggarath
Vader

Underachiever59
The Clone Wars, Holocron Heist:
Jocasta Nu: "Beyond this door lies the holocron vault. The holocrons contain the most closely guarded secrets of the Jedi Order."
Ahsoka: "Can we go inside?"
Jocasta Nu: "Oh, I'm afraid not, my dear. I haven't been inside myself for years. Only members of the Jedi Council are allowed access."

While she doesn't outright say that she was a former Jedi Council member, Jocasta Nu does state that only Council members can enter the holocron vault, and she herself had been inside, years ago. The implication being that years ago, Jocasta Nu sat on the Council. So yes, in both Canon and Legends, Jocasta Nu is a former Jedi Council member.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
He's Ventress level. So he clears. smile You don't have a link to that quote, do you?

I used to have it bookmarked, but the link is dead now. sad

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Vader

*Revan fixed

Galan007
Originally posted by Underachiever59
The Clone Wars, Holocron Heist:
Jocasta Nu: "Beyond this door lies the holocron vault. The holocrons contain the most closely guarded secrets of the Jedi Order."
Ahsoka: "Can we go inside?"
Jocasta Nu: "Oh, I'm afraid not, my dear. I haven't been inside myself for years. Only members of the Jedi Council are allowed access."

While she doesn't outright say that she was a former Jedi Council member, Jocasta Nu does state that only Council members can enter the holocron vault, and she herself had been inside, years ago. The implication being that years ago, Jocasta Nu sat on the Council. So yes, in both Canon and Legends, Jocasta Nu is a former Jedi Council member. Even in current canon, Jocasta was indeed a former member of the Council:

Aside from the fact that SW.com is an official source, that article was also written after Disney reorganized SW continuity. So yeah...

TheIndyJedi
He can probably beat Ahsoka TCW and Nahdar Vebb. That's probably it though

Zenwolf
I wouldn't really give him the above over Dibs just because he's higher ranked than him. A King is higher than a Knight, but that doesn't mean the King is better at swordplay than the Knight.

ares834
Except the Sith hierarchy is almost always determined by power.

Zenwolf
Except the Sith hierarchy is almost always determined by power.

Inquisitors don't fall under as Sith. More to that, what evidence even is there of the GI being better? I mean there isn't much saying he isn't either, but if we're gonna be pulling double standards and assuming things now, then we best start doing it for others as well and not just picking and choosing.

ares834
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Inquisitors don't fall under as Sith.

They are a dark side organization operating under Sith. They may not technically be Sith, but they are basically Sith.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I mean there isn't much saying he isn't either, but if we're gonna be pulling double standards and assuming things now, then we best start doing it for others as well and not just picking and choosing.

Not sure what you are getting at here. How is this a double standard exactly?

Zenwolf
They are a dark side organization operating under Sith. They may not technically be Sith, but they are basically Sith.

Not sure what you are getting at here. How is this a double standard exactly?

I just don't think we should really assume the GI is above Dibs without some actual evidence rather than "oh because he's higher!" I mean, can you see the problem with that? Is that how it's gonna be from now on?

I mean I can maybe see the GI being higher than Dibs after the latter went over to the dark side, but not before.

I've just seen some debates, where X quote/source is fine for one character, but when it comes to another with a similar, it's just dismissed because reasons. I can't really recall off the top of my head, but it has happened here and there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.