Ares vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/12/0d/2b120d49658e8fec3cd02d8d2825b532.jpg

Mano a mano, hand to hand for you uncultured swines, Ares vs Extremis Iron Man, who wins?

leonidas
h2h is more in ares wheelhouse. close though. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Poor Ares

deathslash
Didn't are beat the crap out of war machine? He should certainly be able to handle Tony.

StiltmanFTW
He didn't. Rhodey is a poor man IM, anyway.

Tony rips him in half easier than Bob did.

Sin I AM
Ares takes it with little issue

StiltmanFTW
Tony is a whole lot faster and loaded with feats, while Ares disappointed us both in his classic and modern incarnations.

Putinbot1
Tony, in my opinion, crushes Ares.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Tony is a whole lot faster and loaded with feats, while Ares disappointed us both in his classic and modern incarnations.

Faster I'll give you..but thats depicted as flight speed (which he doesn't have here). Im also unaware of any h2h feats that Tony has that show him surpassing Ares. Plus his durability is suspect in blunt force battles. Imo its Ares fight to lose..better fighter more durable. Strength is a wash and Tony has no toys to save his ass

Rage.Of.Olympus
From that same set of scans in the OP, it made very clear Ares >>>> Iron Man.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
From that same set of scans in the OP, it made very clear Ares >>>> Iron Man.

Too bad he's done nothing to back up that lip service.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Faster I'll give you..but thats depicted as flight speed (which he doesn't have here). Im also unaware of any h2h feats that Tony has that show him surpassing Ares. Plus his durability is suspect in blunt force battles. Imo its Ares fight to lose..better fighter more durable. Strength is a wash and Tony has no toys to save his ass

Extremis IM doesn't need to rely on his flight speed, see his fight with Mallen.

One Big Mob
The takeaway here is that Ares would 3 shot Colossus.

h1a8
Not normally he wouldn't. I see Colossus beating Ares in h2h on average

NemeBro
Originally posted by Damborgson
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/12/0d/2b120d49658e8fec3cd02d8d2825b532.jpg

Mano a mano, hand to hand for you uncultured swines, Ares vs Extremis Iron Man, who wins? Look at the phucking size of Ares in this picture holy shit, what a beefcake.

BruhMan

Extremis IM was so fast Ares would be hard pressed to lay a hand on him. And he his strength feats AND durability feats in that thing were some of his most impressive ever. They're close enough in strength for speed and durability to be the real nails in Ares coffin.

Damborgson
Originally posted by NemeBro
Look at the phucking size of Ares in this picture holy shit, what a beefcake.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. God damn slice of beef.

Damborgson
Also you guys dont think Ares could crush the Extremis armor if he got his hands on it?

MrMind
We mirin fictional physique that's drew by someone now?

DarkSaint85
Was the armour She Hulk fought Extremis or Bleeding Edge?

Talking about here:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132594/3122760-she+hulk+vs+iron+man.jpg

Bentley
She Hulk would manhandle Ares awesr

Putinbot1
Faster I'll give you..but thats depicted as flight speed (which he doesn't have here). Im also unaware of any h2h feats that Tony has that show him surpassing Ares. Plus his durability is suspect in blunt force battles. Imo its Ares fight to lose..better fighter more durable. Strength is a wash and Tony has no toys to save his ass Knocking out hulk, hanging with Nefaria, beating Hercules with an electric socket... IM owns.

deathslash
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Knocking out hulk, hanging with Nefaria, beating Hercules with an electric socket... IM owns. beating the hell out of A-bomb, shrugging off hits from an amped Maestro, oneshotting Wolverine, beating the crap out of war machine while literally laughing at his attacks, running a train on multiple iron man suits with absolute ease.....Ares crushes his head.

Sin I AM
Knocking out hulk, hanging with Nefaria, beating Hercules with an electric socket... IM owns.

H2h only

Putinbot1
H2h only yeah they mostly were. In thevNefatia fight he amped his strength and speed to go toe to toe with him. With the hulk he amped his strength to one shot hulk. With herc, he had help from an electric socket and was having a heart attack.

Sin I AM
yeah they mostly were. In thevNefatia fight he amped his strength and speed to go toe to toe with him. With the hulk he amped his strength to one shot hulk. With herc, he had help from an electric socket and was having a heart attack.

Id have to re-read those issues. I honestly cant remember him winning a straight up fight without atleast a repulser blast or something akin. Could be wrong tho

Putinbot1
Id have to re-read those issues. I honestly cant remember him winning a straight up fight without atleast a repulser blast or something akin. Could be wrong tho he certainly used them, but with the hulk he put everything into one punch.

With nefaria he hung with him hand to hand matching him for about 30 secs.

With herc it was similar hevwasvhaving a heart attack too but hung with herc physically, yes he used repulsors.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Ares IMO

celeyhyga17
Hey Al, are u gud with mobile phones?

BruhMan
Originally posted by Damborgson
Also you guys dont think Ares could crush the Extremis armor if he got his hands on it?

Well the only one to accomplish that was an ODINFORCE amped Thor. And the Sentry failed to even scratch the Extremis armor in an all out attack meant to neutralize him...that armor was a cut above most of his others.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Ares IMO
Oh, crap. .....

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Was the armour She Hulk fought Extremis or Bleeding Edge?

Talking about here:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132594/3122760-she+hulk+vs+iron+man.jpg

Still asking.

StiltmanFTW
Extremis.

DarkSaint85
Just realized Tony has a butt sculpted into his armour. Why?

Damborgson
Still asking.

The time period would say Extremis.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think it's either right? That was his standard pre-Extremis Avenger armor. The weird bulkier one post Reboot.

Damborgson
You're thinking of this bulky boi:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59300/4247316-8826972592-11302.jpg

and true it does look a lot more like it.

But if Stark is director of Shield in that fight, it would have to be extremis.

Am I getting my dates messed up?

BruhMan
Still asking.

I think that was likely an error on the writers part. Not only was that NOT the extremis armor(the only armor built to use those abilities) he didn't use any of extremis' abilities. That is his "pentagon" armor. The one he got folded wearing in the first half of the extremis story.

StiltmanFTW
It's from She-Hulk #18. Released in 2007.

More than a year after the Extremis arc has concluded.

Planet Hulk was coming to its end.

That's when Tony "tested" his S.P.I.N. tech on Jennifer, taking her powers away.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Chronologically that should be Extremis, but it's clearly not the Extremis armor. It's bigger, bulkier, slower, and even has those large shoulder plates that the pre-Extremis armor was famous for.

StiltmanFTW
You realize artists don't give crap about specifics?

It was the Extremis suit, even got summoned the same way.

BruhMan
It never got called the extremis. And extremis again...has VERY specific abilities and attributes that are unique to that armor. If its any armor other than THIS one...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/95/Cover_of_Iron_Man_Vol._4%2C_Issue_6.jpg/250px-Cover_of_Iron_Man_Vol._4%2C_Issue_6.jpg

...then it wasn't hardwired to work in tandem with extremis and his body. Even if it was during civil war...its totally plausible Tony just chose to put on a different suit.

StiltmanFTW
Again, he summoned it Extremis-style. Why ignore that?

And why would he equip an old suit with the newest SPIN tech?

Same tech he used against WWH shortly afterwards.

Marvel artists make mistakes all the damn time. Hulk bleeding red blood. Wolverine's bone claws looking like adamantium. Remember Bleeding Edge fighting depowered Rulk? You're going to argue it was some older model, too? Even though he stuck with it for the entire Heroic Age?

And for what it's worth, it's clearly the Extremis suit on the cover. Run from the truth all you like.

BruhMan
You're talking about the cover??? To be honest I don't think the writer/artist even knew the difference(which is MASSIVE as he pretty much jumped to the next tier after the extremis dose) The only thing similar to extremis was the deployment...which is something Tony could have easily started integrating into his suits afterwards. One major thing missing from the armor was its trademark speed. That suit in the she-hulk comic looked slow and clunky.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah:

https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/1/20/5c7544f926563/clean.jpg

He calls his armor elements to him and equips it nigh instantly... which is something Pre-Extremis armor was incapable of doing, as shown on panel during Ellis' run.

Besides, why would anyone equip an older suit of armor with the adamantium needle and latest power-nullifying tech? Doesn't make sense.

"Its trademark speed". Lol, gtfo.

Tony had dozens of crappy speed showings while wearing the Extremis suit. You're going to assume he had a different suit each time, based on minor art differences? Seriously?

He's worn that suit for four years. Plenty of artists didn't get the armor right, doesn't mean he switched suits.

Again, Bleeding Edge vs. Rulk. From Hulk #25 and #26. Artist there chose to make it look nothing look like BE, yet there's no doubt it was that model. Happens all the damn time.

StiltmanFTW
OMG SHOULDER PADS CAN'T BE EXTREMIS

http://i63.tinypic.com/28lqucz.png

As I've said many times, editors are getting paid for nothing in Marvel.

Writers and artists have lots of freedom, raping the original design however they like.

DarkSaint85
Yeah...It makes no sense that he takes an old armour, upgrades it to bring it up to his latest armour, and uses it. When he has his latest armour just.....Lying there.

VanMae
For all intents and purposes, the Extremis upgrade only existed in Iron Man's own book. Every other book ignored it, because Civil War had just happened and Iron Man was making the rounds getting raped in everyone else's book.

DarkSaint85
Sounds like a typical Iron Man armour, actually. Great on paper until he actually interacts with a hero.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by VanMae
For all intents and purposes, the Extremis upgrade only existed in Iron Man's own book. Every other book ignored it, because Civil War had just happened and Iron Man was making the rounds getting raped in everyone else's book.

Lol, no. The upgrade was a huge deal and was referenced everywhere. It redefined Stark and his abilities.

VanMae
No, not really. There was a minor bit of lip-service to him being able to hack computers with his mind, otherwise the extremis upgrade didn't exist outside of his book.

StiltmanFTW
You're wrong.

VanMae
Really? What issue outside his book made use of his massive speed upgrade?

Bentley

Remember how fast IM got wtf-pwned on Mighty Avengers vs Ultron. It was one speedy showing.

StiltmanFTW

Extremis is more than just speed.

Wasp and Doom commented on his upgrades in team books. So did Cap in the aftermath of CW.

VanMae
They commented on his ability to hack stuff. The more important upgrades didn't exist outside his own book.

StiltmanFTW
Wrong again.

VanMae
Well then enlighten me: what upgrades were mentioned outside of his book?

BruhMan
No, not really. There was a minor bit of lip-service to him being able to hack computers with his mind, otherwise the extremis upgrade didn't exist outside of his book.

Lol he shrugged off an attack from the sentry and phukking soloed graviton no expression . In a match up thats usually a little bit of a back and forth, extremis hospitalized Steve Rogers with ease.

BruhMan
Yeah:

https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/1/20/5c7544f926563/clean.jpg

He calls his armor elements to him and equips it nigh instantly... which is something Pre-Extremis armor was incapable of doing, as shown on panel during Ellis' run.

Besides, why would anyone equip an older suit of armor with the adamantium needle and latest power-nullifying tech? Doesn't make sense.

"Its trademark speed". Lol, gtfo.

Tony had dozens of crappy speed showings while wearing the Extremis suit. You're going to assume he had a different suit each time, based on minor art differences? Seriously?

He's worn that suit for four years. Plenty of artists didn't get the armor right, doesn't mean he switched suits.

Again, Bleeding Edge vs. Rulk. From Hulk #25 and #26. Artist there chose to make it look nothing look like BE, yet there's no doubt it was that model. Happens all the damn time.

Like I said tho, he could have added that feature to any of the armors. Deployment and time period are the only things that suggest the suit being extremis...yet literally NONE of its exclusive traits (and abilities)are on the page. If anything its clear the writer had absolutely no clue of extremis. Its not just design. There's no specific reference to extremis or its abilities other than deployment. Even if it was extremis...that would likely be its lowest feat ever which still isn't too bad.

StiltmanFTW
Lowest feat?

Far from it, as Tony still won that fight.

WW2 Cap punched Tony in the air, creating a crater in the ground. I can go on.

@Van

Ever heard of the full form repulsor blast, for example...?

Bentley
Editors sucking at their job shouldn't be a legitimate debating strategy imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.