Best Run and Gun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Games like Contra.

Shattered Soldier is the only real Contra game I own, and it might be the best. Metal music, three types or weapons with unique alternate fire on you at all times (No frustrations on pickups), very bizarre and impressive bosses.

Metal Slug series is always good fun. Especially 3 and 6.

And through the magic of dirt cheap Genesis collections, I finally got to experience Gunstar Heroes, and learn about Alien Soldier.

The latter, of which is a new obsession. It's nothing but a boss rush, but you get addicted to cracking the next one, and then the next. Once you figure them out, they become pretty easy.

StyleTime
Originally posted by cdtm

Metal Slug series is always good fun. Especially 3 and 6.
thumb up

Metal Slug is ****ing awesome. Still play 3 with friends. I've never beat it, but man is it fun trying in vain.

I refuse to use the infinite continues option given to us on some of the console versions, so yeah...

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
thumb up

Metal Slug is ****ing awesome. Still play 3 with friends. I've never beat it, but man is it fun trying in vain.

I refuse to use the infinite continues option given to us on some of the console versions, so yeah...

Yeah, same here. Most I'll do is 20, to learn the levels, then scale back to 10.

The giant collection is worth getting for lag removal alone, btw. I still break out the old PS2 disc over other options, because of how consistent the frame rate is. (Plus, I don't think 6 is available in any other way.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.