Team Thor vs. Team Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
IW Thor w/ Stormbreaker
IW Ironman
Hulk
Dr. Strange w/ Time Stone

Vs

Captain Marvel
Celestial Starlord
Vision
Wanda

Who wins?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by byrdgang21
IW Thor w/ Stormbreaker
IW Ironman
Hulk
Dr. Strange w/ Time Stone

Vs

Captain Marvel
Celestial Starlord
Vision
Wanda

Who wins?

Team Thor

FrothByte
Someone remind me what were the strengths and weaknesses of Celestial Starlord?

He's the wildcard here.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
Someone remind me what were the strengths and weaknesses of Celestial Starlord?

He's the wildcard here. Didn't really have any weaknesses per say. He was able to fight Ego to at least a standstill and was arguably winning IIRC, probably because Ego's never had a fight where he didn't laughably outclass his opponent.

I might be inclined to give it to team two simply because Thor is the only really big heavy hitter on his team in terms of raw power, with team two having CM and Starlord.

I might be... if Dr. Strange didn't have the Time Stone. In a forum battle team 1 should stomp based on that alone.

Stigma
Honestly, Celestial Starlord may tip the scales here.

FrothByte
Ok, I've thought this match over (and watched a few clips of celestial Starlord to jog my memory) and I'm giving the win to team 1.

First of all, if BFR is a viable option then team 1 wins handily, what with Thor's bifrost and Strange's mirror dimension and portals. Or we could go with other hax powers like Strange just putting them into a time loop or turning the others into babies or something.

If BFR is removed then it will be a hard battle but Team 1 still wins for the following reasons:

1. Wanda will get taken out first. Though she has a lot of potential power she's still not a top tier powerhouse like these other guys. A bit of a glass canon plus she's untested against A-list powerhouses like Thor, Strange, Hulk and nanosuit IM.

2. Vision could be quite a difficult opponent to deal with except that he's shown a weakness to electricity. I imagine Thor's lightning will mess him up.

3. Starlord will probably be very hard to take out but he's lacking in offensive power. From what I can tell, his main offense in celestial mode boiled down to encasing himself in rocks and getting into a punch-out with Ego. He'll need more than that for this fight.

4. That leaves bulk of the work to Captain Marvel. She'll be hard to take out in her binary form but in the end she'll be outnumbered, and her powers aren't exactly geared for AOE or crowd control combat.

That's not to say that team 2 can't win a few rounds. I consider them more high end fliers with better mobility. Wanda's telepathic mind funk can mess people up if she gets close to them. As already mentioned, Starlord might be a pain to put down. Vision's intangibility can be devastating if they don't neutralize him earlier on.

But Team 1 still has more options, more powers, more experience and most importantly - more feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.