Marvel Mystic Hierarchy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gauntlet o doom
Marvel's Magic Hierarchy in terms of Power. Imagining how characters would be at their full power, in their own dimension; and also taking into account how I think they'd match up against beings above/below them in a neutral dimension; and how much power they appear to have. It's a a power hierarchy rather than how important a character is in the overall marvel universe.

1. Shuma Gorath
2. The Demogorge/Atum
3. The Vishanti, The Octessence
4. Set, Chthon
5. Zom
6. Gaea, Oshtur, Hoggoth
7. Agamotto
8. Dormammu
9. Cyttorak, Watoomb, Raggadorr, Ikonn...etc
10. Surtur?
11. Odin, Zeus, Osiris, Other Sky Fathers
12. Mephisto, Hela, Other Pantheon Gods
13. Dr Strange, Blackheart
14. Lilith, Nightmare
15. Belasco, N'astirh, Zarathos

Looks okay but I stand ready to be corrected.

Galan007
Sise Neg at the top.

Deadline
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
Marvel's Magic Hierarchy in terms of Power. Imagining how characters would be at their full power, in their own dimension; and also taking into account how I think they'd match up against beings above/below them in a neutral dimension; and how much power they appear to have. It's a a power hierarchy rather than how important a character is in the overall marvel universe.

1. Shuma Gorath
2. The Demogorge/Atum
3. The Vishanti, The Octessence
4. Set, Chthon
5. Zom
6. Gaea, Oshtur, Hoggoth
7. Agamotto
8. Dormammu
9. Cyttorak, Watoomb, Raggadorr, Ikonn...etc
10. Surtur?
11. Odin, Zeus, Osiris, Other Sky Fathers
12. Mephisto, Hela, Other Pantheon Gods
13. Dr Strange, Blackheart
14. Lilith, Nightmare
15. Belasco, N'astirh, Zarathos

Looks okay but I stand ready to be corrected.

I think a lot of guys are going to be on the same level. Mephisto, Nightmare, Chthon, Shuma Gorath, Zarathos these are all elder gods and I would put them on the same level. I would put those guys on skyfather level. Not sure about Belasco I think he might be an Elder God but not sure on his power level, I think the guy traditionaly has been a New Mutant villain.

One Big Mob
Zom should be #1, with Hulk as the C (champion)

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

Sise Neg at the top.
thumb up

GalacticStorm
Sise Neg at the top.

Surely the Living Tribunal would be number 1 as his power and authority also relates to the mystical world? One of his functions is after all to mitigate against mystical imbalances within the multiverse.

Eternity is another great source of mystical power so id place him above or at level pegging with Sise-Neg as it was his power that Sise Neg basically absorbed.

Mr Master
Sise Neg became "The God" ... (as in the "almighty" actual "God"wink when he reached full power.

"The God" ... the re-creator of all things. (everything minus the Beyond Realm)

... I admit I was unaware of the ... "The God" crowning until some years ago.

I'd had em HOTI level in the past had I known. smile

Imo, TOAA would still be > the on panel ... "The God."

leonidas
hmm, you seem to have some redundancies here....

i would agree with galan and mrm that sise neg should be first-except for classic lt. i guess he's seen more as a cosmic force now, and he's been relegated to simply universal in recent times. but in the classic days, he was certainly above everyone, and was, first and foremost, a mystic power.

sise neg he did collect all the mystical energy in the universe at one time though--aside from shuma, apparently. though i don't quite agree with their interpretation of exactly what happened in that short arc, sise neg did show himself to be above the others because of his time-travel shenanigans. he was around for such a short period of time though. eternity can likewise be added to the list since, like classic lt, he was a mystical force before anything. was he above sise neg? not sure. /shrug

anyway, my list would look like this:

1. sise neg/eternity
2. shuma/vishanti
3. atum
4. elder gods--chthon, set (who may have been the most powerful of them), gaea (there would be some variation in this level--this is a general indication of where the elder gods would fall imo.) there are others here as well, but very little is known of them. the gibborim for example from runaways--how their power would compare directly to these others is hard to gauge....
5. zom--who for all the narration he gets, has done very little aside from being stalemated for a prolonged period by strange... and it's really hard to take anyone seriously when this has happened to them....

https://imgur.com/a/w0i1Vc3

the mystic topknot laughing out loud

5a i'd place the archenemy in here somewhere. hard to gauge its full power though. maybe it makes it all the way up to 3a depending on how you view the others.

5b inbetweener

6. the next tier would be large--dormmy, cyttorak, ikonn, watoomb, as well as the skyfathers (odin, zeus) would all fall into this tier imo. we know form narration that odin and dormmy are at least very close in terms of overall power. there's no reason to think these guys shouldn't at least be reasonably close overall.

7. mephisto, zarathos (who has been shown to be more powerful than mephisto at times) hela, pluto, etc...

8. strange, blackheart, nightmare, hate, love, and the other minor powers. again, this would be a large tier imo

9. belasco

under him is not worth mentioning.

magik IS worth mentioning though. she was a threat to mephisto. her sword alone would place her--potentially--above the mephisto tier. as lord of limbo she has a lot of clout--potentially. then we have the hawk god from gotg who seemed....multiversal level as well.

chaos and order would be at or near the top as well, as mystic forces. vishanti level or above imo, but they are tough to place specifically.

the list is REALLY hard to gauge with any TRUE accuracy because of the way powers have changed over time and the lack of appearances of so many on here. we sort of have to trust to narration a bit and use some of the more classic material to get an idea of where they MAY fall. anyone who says they have a definitive list is lying. fights between many of these would be impossible to call. dormmy for example has bound zom. how? we don't know. but umar with dormmy's power was next to nothing to zom.

again, inconsistent portrayals, time, and infrequent appearances make this an extremely difficult list to determine with any real confidence, but that's my general take. /shrug

Galan007
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Surely the Living Tribunal would be number 1 as his power and authority also relates to the mystical world? I don't think of LT as a "mystical" being... At least not in the same sense the others are. /shrug

----

On another note, I'd also put Archenemy somewhere pretty high on the list.

leonidas
laughing out loud thumb up

Galan007
Just saw your post.

...We're basically the same person right now, lol.

leonidas
does this mean i can ban people..... shifty

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/PoFRvCV.gif

One Big Mob
The Elders/In-Betweener were hinted at driving off Shuma Gorath before. Also that whole Mephisto thing...

leonidas
https://i.imgur.com/PoFRvCV.gif

https://i.gifer.com/7Pxm.gif

leonidas
Originally posted by One Big Mob
The Elders/In-Betweener were hinted at driving off Shuma Gorath before. Also that whole Mephisto thing...

which mephisto thing? that guy has literally been pretty well everywhere across that list.

One Big Mob
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GK4nGACKdlM/WuCC1bQqXbI/AAAAAAAABE4/vYqQIQK-hMQ_527qnke04Qwz8FgPmzuPgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO005.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gspNbVCYRhc/WuCC1tUaP2I/AAAAAAAABE8/ggpD31qzFWME2k2VNf9I-KaF_mERBZBMwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO006.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lh-G5Ck_gjg/WuCC2GB_XXI/AAAAAAAABFA/v_xX6fIkUmwr4hDrlde0CePWTGxeFNmhwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO007_w.jpg

Dormammu one shotted Shuma too

leonidas
Oh yeah. Lol. And in the same breath the writer covers his arse by saying who knows how much is even true. Again. Making a definitive list of these marvel mystic entities is pretty much impossible. Lol

gauntlet o doom
I was trying to avoid adding the (mostly) cosmic associated beings like The Living Tribunal, but here goes:

1. Living Tribunal
2. Sise-Neg, Eternity
3. Atum
4. The Vishanti, Order, Chaos
5. The Octessence
6. Shuma Gorath
7. The In-Betweener
8. Atum
9. Zom
10. Set, Chthon
11. Gaea, Oshtur, Hoggoth, Agamotto
12. Dormammu, Cyttorak, Watoomb, Raggadorr, Ikonn...etc
13. Odin, Zeus, Osiris, Other Sky Fathers, Surtur, Love, Hate
14. Mephisto, Hela, Other Pantheon Gods
15. Dr Strange, Blackheart, Zarathos
16. Lilith, Nightmare, Belasco

Mr Master
This kinda obscure cat is definitely worth mentioning
and arguably amongst the top 10: (excluding abstracts) Llan the Sorcerer.

leonidas
yeah maybe. i'm not sure i'd put him that high though. i think he'd go somewhere around strange, maybe just above. not sure i'd put llan on the level of someone like hela for example. talisman should be close to strange level as well. km might have a better idea. speaking of, the great beasts could fall around the skyfather levels. crom should be placed in their somewhere too. maybe just above skyfathers? his appearances are so limited it's nearly impossible to place him i suppose. i know he was at least partly responsible for imprisoning shuma, but i don't think that was full power shuma, so..... shrug

-K-M-
Llan is hard to peg as we never saw his full power as he was limited by rules given to him by Eternity. So he definitely is below Eternity but as noted is more powerful then the great beasts for example. He was above strange and talisman by a good margin too. Talisman was built to deal with him and knew going one on one with him would be bad

Great Beasts I would put them at Elder God level (above sky father). One great beast was taking on thousand of chaos kings slave army. 5-6 random slave gods killed the panther god. Just a few of the great beasts (not all of them) were going to beat the entire chaos king forces and chaos king himself before being betrayed. No other pantheon came close to doing that

I know we can’t use ABC logic but if the beasts could do that and Llan > Beasts that shows you his power

leonidas
we've discussed this before. you see the beasts as more powerful--much more--than i do. i'd forgotten how powerful llan was though. he is hard to gauge however. i'd say skyfather, tentatively, but he could be beyond that.

someone else to consider would be merlyn. mrm may have thoughts on him. /shrug

GalacticStorm
I don't think of LT as a "mystical" being... At least not in the same sense the others are. /shrug

----

On another note, I'd also put Archenemy somewhere pretty high on the list.

In canon both LT and Eternity are sources of mystical power. So whilst they might not be the 1st beings to come to mind when talking on the subject of Marvels mystical world, purely because most appearances have them dealing with purely cosmic threats, they definitely are tied to that world.

Order, Chaos and Inbetweener have defined ties to magic, even the Phoenix Force has been tapped by sorcerers. So in Marvel at least, the lines are blurred between the fundamental forces/abstracts and the mystical plane.

-K-M-

-K-M-

-K-M-

leonidas
yeah that last scan is a good one. i went back and took a look. btw i'd forgotten how awful some of that material was. lol i agree though, he was intended to be pretty uber.

as for the beasts i'd say lower end skyfather in general, though not all appeared to be the same power level so maybe trans up to skyfather would be better. they did have the good showing with chaos king, but i just recall always thinking they were cool but when it came to it they disappointed in many of the AF books. i'm all for having my mind changed in regards to them, but i'm not sure they have feats to suggest they are beyond someone like odin or prime for example. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Stop using gay apostrophes, Mungi. They mess up your posts, so you can't quote yourself (which is something you love to do, all the time).

' - this and only this one works

Repeat with me: ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

-K-M-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.