American men seem to be getting weaker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I'm 52 and as shown in pics on this site my grip is strong enough for me to still do a "pullover".

The article below shows young men in the US and I suggest the western world as a whole are getting weaker.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/raising-the-american-weakling

This is sad

SamZED
Prolly true for most of the planet. Less manual labor and more of sit your fat a$$ on a chair labor.

Mindship
When I was 59 (some years back) I had an in-patient procedure. As I was being prepped while lying down, the PA asked me to lift a leg so she could tuck the covering underneath it. I figured the other leg was next, so I lifted both at the same time: a simple, easy leg raise.

The physicians assistant said, "Wow, you have strong abs."
I said, "What do you mean?" (again, a simple, easy leg raise).
She said, "You'd be surprised how many people can't do what you just did."

Now, though she didn't specify, I'm assuming -- I'm hoping -- she meant people my age. If not ... holy crap. sad Actually, holy crap either way.

As I once heard someone say, you can't stop aging, but you don't have to decay along the way. Now over 60, I can still do chinups, military-press 70% bodyweight, and do the sit-rise test (not all at the same time ofc). I simply can't imagine letting myself go to pieces ... though time is taking its toll.
Originally posted by SamZED
Prolly true for most of the planet. Less manual labor and more of sit your fat a$$ on a chair labor. I would think certainly in the more industrialized nations.

dadudemon
The elites are also getting stronger. The average are getting more sedentary.

What we are seeing is an average but it's probably more revealing to look at them as quartiles.

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'm 52 and as shown in pics on this site my grip is strong enough for me to still do a "pullover".

The article below shows young men in the US and I suggest the western world as a whole are getting weaker.

This is sad

You think that's sad, try watching high school kids playing softball.

Back in our day, plenty of non-dedicated athletes could play. Now, they literally stumble all over themselves, and can't even catch the damned ball.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Mindship
When I was 59 (some years back) I had an in-patient procedure. As I was being prepped while lying down, the PA asked me to lift a leg so she could tuck the covering underneath it. I figured the other leg was next, so I lifted both at the same time: a simple, easy leg raise.

The physicians assistant said, "Wow, you have strong abs."
I said, "What do you mean?" (again, a simple, easy leg raise).
She said, "You'd be surprised how many people can't do what you just did."

Now, though she didn't specify, I'm assuming -- I'm hoping -- she meant people my age. If not ... holy crap. sad Actually, holy crap either way.

As I once heard someone say, you can't stop aging, but you don't have to decay along the way. Now over 60, I can still do chinups, military-press 70% bodyweight, and do the sit-rise test (not all at the same time ofc). I simply can't imagine letting myself go to pieces ... though time is taking its toll.
I would think certainly in the more industrialized nations. yeah, it amuses me, I look at the over 40's here, Rob, you, me, bada... Mostly kids or grand kids, all healthy.

Says it all.

Robtard
yeah, it amuses me, I look at the over 40's here, Rob, you, me, bada... Mostly kids or grand kids, all healthy.

Says it all.

Lol at the reaction this topic caused in a certain someone, the counter-thread reaction, good god, relax and don't take everything as a personal affront to yourself. Anyhow.

As covered by other posters, less manual labor and sedentary jobs is very much likely a factor; especially in the West. Do wonder if decreasing levels of testosterone, which could be environmentally related, is also a factor in people; especially men in the West getting weaker and weaker.

Also feel the cliche sentiment that kids are getting lazier and lazier is true, as CDTM pointed out.

As always, Mindship is an inspiration

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Robtard
Lol at the reaction this topic caused in a certain someone, the counter-thread reaction, good god, relax and don't take everything as a personal affront to yourself. Anyhow.

As covered by other posters, less manual labor and sedentary jobs is very much likely a factor; especially in the West. Do wonder if decreasing levels of testosterone, which could be environmentally related, is also a factor in people; especially men in the West getting weaker and weaker.

Also feel the cliche sentiment that kids are getting lazier and lazier is true, as CDTM pointed out.

As always, Mindship is an inspiration

Why don't you take your own advice g?

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Why don't you take your own advice g?

His getting butthurt someone dared post a similar thread is funny, but it's also hilarious cuz he's made butthurt topics in response to you. Poor Rob.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
His getting butthurt someone dared post a similar thread is funny, but it's also hilarious cuz he's made butthurt topics in response to you. Poor Rob.

Your RDS inspired incessant whining has been noted. Now do you have anything to add that's on topic? Thanks in advance.

Surtur
Your RDS inspired incessant whining has been noted. Now do you have anything to add that's on topic? Thanks in advance.

There's that famous projection from you. Good stuff hypocrite thumb up

dadudemon
I think now is the best time to reveal one of the KMC secrets.

I'm not left handed, ho ho ho!

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
I think now is the best time to reveal one of the KMC secrets.

I'm not left handed, ho ho ho!

^Right privilege

Bashar Teg
I look at the over 40's here, Rob, you, me, bada...

I'm getting more than a little tired of being left out of the old man's club.

Eon Blue

Mindship
As always, Mindship is an inspiration Not to crumple into a dust pile of fetid flesh is *my* inspiration.
^Right privilege At this I did chuckle.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I'm getting more than a little tired of being left out of the old man's club. Apologies Bash, I'm sure you are still a fine figure of a man also.

Robtard
I'm getting more than a little tired of being left out of the old man's club.

It's your boyish good looks

Putinbot1
It's your boyish good looks This is true, Bash are you of Italian extraction mate. The sultry dark eyes etc wink

Robtard
Not to crumple into a dust pile of fetid flesh is *my* inspiration.

On a long enough lifespan, that's everyone's destiny. But you can certainly delay it with proper excessive and diet.

Putinbot1
On a long enough lifespan, that's everyone's destiny. But you can certainly delay it with proper excessive and diet. yeah, it's why I take the gear lol. I suspect if the oldies of KMC ever met politics would be put aside and we'd all have a damn good night.

Robtard
Agreed. But I could still beat them up.

Putinbot1
Agreed. But I could still beat them up. The younger ones would be easier with there grip strength and Mincy spermless testis. laughing

Robtard
That's just nature course correcting. They're less likely to spread their weak-grip genes into the pool

Putinbot1
That's just nature course correcting. They're less likely to spread their weak-grip genes into the pool laughing out loud love it!

Bashar Teg
This is true, Bash are you of Italian extraction mate. The sultry dark eyes etc wink

Half Italian thumb up

shiv

This is sad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47709074

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/27/air-pollution-linked-to-psychotic-experiences-in-young-people

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/psychosis-air-pollution-paranoia-teenager-mental-health-diesel-a8842106.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/air-pollution-psychosis-mental-health-diesel-fumes-a8842416.html

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep33402

https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full/10.1164/rccm.200807-1097OC

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28445826

BackFire
I can standup sometimes.

TempAccount
Well obviously...what do you expect when masculinity is put-down and men are raised in snowflake environments throughout school?

Bashar Teg
i'd look into general dieting trends, maybe look into the correlation with pollution (as someone else here pointed out). many factors. what about the plastics we're always eating out of? what about fluoridation of everyone's drinking water? cell phone usage and wifi? nah it must be the lack of a fragile toughguy culture in schools.

Rage.Of.Olympus

gold slorg
i'm 26 and kinda physically disabled tbh

zero ****s given

One Big Mob
Someone make a "Black men are getting whiter" thread imo.

Also, do they call pullups pullovers over there? Or are you talking about a ****ing bw pullover which seems like high injury rate stuff? All I ever do in that position is tricep extensions if you are talking about those pullovers.

Putinbot1
Pullover is where you end up head and body over the bar Bran.

Putinbot1
Half Italian thumb up and from New Jersey, you are connected if I need a hit on someone Bash?

Eon Blue

Mindship
Pullover is where you end up head and body over the bar Bran. Sounds like a 'muscleup' this side of the Pond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQdBZfIuIY

... only this guy ^ nearly kipped.

Now this is an exercise I should've been doing back in the day (@ :25) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Oe0VDPNXQ

Putinbot1
Sounds like a 'muscleup' this side of the Pond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQdBZfIuIY

... only this guy ^ nearly kipped.

Now this is an exercise I should've been doing back in the day (@ :25) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Oe0VDPNXQ Yup,

http://imgur.com/a/nkpzy4V

We call what bran is talking about a skull crusher here.

Bashar Teg
and from New Jersey, you are connected if I need a hit on someone Bash?

I have no idea what you're referring to (just say the word and they disappear)

Putinbot1
I have no idea what you're referring to (just say the word and they disappear) laughing out loud nice thumb up

Darth Thor
Well thankfully im probably in the best shape of my life right now. Was getting overweight about 3 years ago, so started working out and eating better, and just kept it up even after I lost the excess weight.

But then Im also one of the older ones on this forum as well. Just a bit younger than Rob and Bashar im guessing.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well thankfully im probably in the best shape of my life right now. Was getting overweight about 3 years ago, so started working out and eating better, and just kept it up even after I lost the excess weight.

But then Im also one of the older ones on this forum as well. Just a bit younger than Rob and Bashar im guessing. We are an ageing group it seems. Hopefully, we'll all be here posting in another ten years, Mindship will be 70+, I'll be 62 and the rest of you guys like you, Bada, Bash, Rob, Nib 50-56. And we'll all be fitter than the young uns 😎

BrolyBlack
Your not fitter than methumb up

cdtm
We are an ageing group it seems. Hopefully, we'll all be here posting in another ten years, Mindship will be 70+, I'll be 62 and the rest of you guys like you, Bada, Bash, Rob, Nib 50-56. And we'll all be fitter than the young uns 😎

laughing out loud

Hey, fittest guy I knew ran marathons at 70, built like 30.

The trick is, we go downhill a lot faster if we're lazy or injured. All the older, very independent relatives who suffered an accident were doomed from two months in a hospital bed, and could never recover.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
laughing out loud

Hey, fittest guy I knew ran marathons at 70, built like 30.

The trick is, we go downhill a lot faster if we're lazy or injured. All the older, very independent relatives who suffered an accident were doomed from two months in a hospital bed, and could never recover. That is precisely it cdtm, and I apologise for forgetting you in my list of healthy middle aged members.

One Big Mob
Yup,

http://imgur.com/a/nkpzy4V

We call what bran is talking about a skull crusher here. They're a bit different to me anyway.

I bring it behind my head while laying down and then go outwards, not directly from my head over my body. Good variation

But no, I was talking about where you just pull it over without the heavy extension. It's a weird exercise to me and I don't like it. A solid form tricep extension is like a combo of skullcrushers and pullovers.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
They're a bit different to me anyway.

I bring it behind my head while laying down and then go outwards, not directly from my head over my body. Good variation

But no, I was talking about where you just pull it over without the heavy extension. It's a weird exercise to me and I don't like it. A solid form tricep extension is like a combo of skullcrushers and pullovers. Ahh for us a pullover is wide grip chin, then pull over and push up. I don't do them much as they trigger tendonitis in the left shoulder if i go too mad now.

dadudemon
We are an ageing group it seems. Hopefully, we'll all be here posting in another ten years, Mindship will be 70+, I'll be 62 and the rest of you guys like you, Bada, Bash, Rob, Nib 50-56. And we'll all be fitter than the young uns 😎

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Your not fitter than methumb up

I am in great shape but could be in better shape.

For me, I found that working out 6 days a weak was the best way to get in shape and build solid muscle. Most people consider this excessive but I respond best to this kind of routine.

snowdragon
Family culture has changed significantly with the internet, when I was growing up my dad would wake me up and go for runs with him as early as the 4th grade (plus calisthenics) which stayed with me into my adult life (I don't run much but rope, calisthenics, and weights.)

Now many families consider it spending time together with everyone in the same room on different internet devices and far less physical activity. I still share the get up with the kid every morning (except Sundays) and we do circuit training together. Setting that tone lasts a lifetime for fitness.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by snowdragon
Family culture has changed significantly with the internet, when I was growing up my dad would wake me up and go for runs with him as early as the 4th grade (plus calisthenics) which stayed with me into my adult life (I don't run much but rope, calisthenics, and weights.)

Now many families consider it spending time together with everyone in the same room on different internet devices and far less physical activity. I still share the get up with the kid every morning (except Sundays) and we do circuit training together. Setting that tone lasts a lifetime for fitness. Yeah 1978 at 11 my gandad took me to the local boxing gym owned by a fellow settled traveller he was good friends with, around the same time my dad took me to the local rugby club where he was an ex player. Both used to take pride in watching me amd my brother compete. Be it rugby, football, boxing, cricket or athletics. We had no video games then.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I am in great shape but could be in better shape.

For me, I found that working out 6 days a weak was the best way to get in shape and build solid muscle. Most people consider this excessive but I respond best to this kind of routine.

6 days a week is best. I aim for a minimum of 5. But I try to average out 6.

At 24, and the best shape of my life. Sitting pretty at 7-10% BF and 215lbs. Cardio is key.

But since I've started putting on more mass, I'm ranging a lot more towards 10% BF and cardio is getting hard.

If you boys haven't, try intermittent fasting. I was a little on the chunky side in the midsection from lifting heavier and eating more, but intermittent fasting and cardio is literally magic. You will get a shredded six-pack in like 4 months AND maintain it.

I think having abs and being ripped AF might very well be the base state of human beings past childhood. Poor diet, bad sleep hygiene and lack of exercise just ****s us up.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

At 24, and the best shape of my life. Sitting pretty at 7-10% BF and 215lbs. Cardio is key.

But since I've started putting on more mass, I'm ranging a lot more towards 10% BF and cardio is getting hard.

If you boys haven't, try intermittent fasting. I was a little on the chunky side in the midsection from lifting heavier and eating more, but intermittent fasting and cardio is literally magic. You will get a shredded six-pack in like 4 months AND maintain it.

I think having abs and being ripped AF might very well be the base state of human beings past childhood. Poor diet, bad sleep hygiene and lack of exercise just ****s us up.

That's incredible! Good job!

7-10% bodyfat is an absurdly lean state. Without drugs, it is nearly impossible to drop below 7%. Pro bodybuilders get to around 7% 2 weeks out from competitions before they use diuretics to get to 2%-3% for just about 36 hours.

playa1258
It's also best to keep changing your workout routine. Lifting for strength and hypertrophy is a good way to go and mix in something you enjoy doing like playing basketball or something.

TempAccount
I'm a cuck beta male, but do try to stay in decent shape. I'm below weight for my age due to a constant starvation diet (thanks school!) and try to get in at least 3 hours of both moderate and high-intensity cardio per week, three times a week.

My primary motivation for cardio is that it has been proven to regenerate telomeres, hence the best way the extend your lifespan.

I utilize sparring as my high-intensity training and treadmill/elliptical as moderate cardio.

The endorphins don't seem to do shit though as far as mood is concerned.

But yes, I believe American men are getting weaker in part due to a leftist cuck culture in school where everyone is both a victim and a winner. To get seriously in shape requires a certain level of discipline that transfers over to everything else you do, including your day-to-day mentality. A disciplined person will not blame others for their failings nor do they tend to gravitate to cuck-ist ideology.

Overweight/fat people are a burden on society. Look at obesity rates in the USA and you will see that they tend to correlate inversely with poverty.

I always point to Japan where it is illegal to be fat and note their extreme productivity and work structure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's incredible! Good job!

7-10% bodyfat is an absurdly lean state. Without drugs, it is nearly impossible to drop below 7%. Pro bodybuilders get to around 7% 2 weeks out from competitions before they use diuretics to get to 2%-3% for just about 36 hours.

Thanks man! It's been a journey.

I can understand why. I eat CLEAN AF, ridiculously so and do not consume alcohol and I couldn't imagine going lower than 7-8%. It would have to be a full-time job. Tbh, I don't even think it's healthy for your organs to be lower than that from what I remember reading.

snowdragon
Thanks man! It's been a journey.

I can understand why. I eat CLEAN AF, ridiculously so and do not consume alcohol and I couldn't imagine going lower than 7-8%. It would have to be a full-time job. Tbh, I don't even think it's healthy for your organs to be lower than that from what I remember reading.

It's not any harder then slowly cutting your calories a few hundred a week and then tapering back after you get to a certain BF % you wantsmile You'll get pretty grumpy/irritable at a certain point though, for sure.

NemeBro
I'm probably at the functionally strongest I've ever been, able to grab and carry two eighty pound bags of concrete at once with ease. I'm easily the strongest person I work with. But I'm also probably nearly in the worst shape in my life. I get a lot of exercise in my day to day life, but my diet is horrible. I eat utter garbage and have been drinking like eight coca colas a day for years now. I'm honestly nearly clueless about how to eat better because I've been eating like shit for my entire life.

TempAccount
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm probably at the functionally strongest I've ever been, able to grab and carry two eighty pound bags of concrete at once with ease. I'm easily the strongest person I work with. But I'm also probably nearly in the worst shape in my life. I get a lot of exercise in my day to day life, but my diet is horrible. I eat utter garbage and have been drinking like eight coca colas a day for years now. I'm honestly nearly clueless about how to eat better because I've been eating like shit for my entire life. I mean you can start by at least drinking diet lol

SquallX

Cardio is indeed key.

Bentley
I'm also in the best shape of my life. Currently just doing light exercise, not trying to bulk up or anything, but I've gained muscle weight and shaped up a lot. I'm eating less crap and I always watch a bit the nutrition due to being vegetarian. I definitively need to add more cardio to my routine though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bentley
I'm also in the best shape of my life. Currently just doing light exercise, not trying to bulk up or anything, but I've gained muscle weight and shaped up a lot. I'm eating less crap and I always watch a bit the nutrition due to being vegetarian. I definitively need to add more cardio to my routine though.

A proper vegetarian diet is among the best diets out there.

Surtur
America will always win.

dadudemon
America will always win.

There is another interesting tidbit about the data.

The average may be going down but the top athletes are stronger and faster than ever in all of history. For example, when I was a senior in high school, I was stronger than almost every single professional football (NFL) player that played in the 1970s and before. Put that into perspective: a teenager was stronger than the top of the top explosive strength athletes in the world. - just from different decades. And I was a "ginormous" weight of 175lbs. And I wasn't particularly remarkable - just a standard high school student following the strength programs.

Surtur
There is another interesting tidbit about the data.

The average may be going down but the top athletes are stronger and faster than ever in all of history. For example, when I was a senior in high school, I was stronger than almost every single professional football (NFL) player that played in the 1970s and before. Put that into perspective: a teenager was stronger than the top of the top explosive strength athletes in the world. - just from different decades. And I was a "ginormous" weight of 175lbs. And I wasn't particularly remarkable - just a standard high school student following the strength programs.

A bunch of kids in my school took "enhancements" in order to look bigger.

Darth Thor

Hopefully Ill be too busy to post regularly. Busy getting richer and more ripped. But wont completely abandon my fellow oldies smile

Darth Thor
Ahh for us a pullover is wide grip chin, then pull over and push up. I don't do them much as they trigger tendonitis in the left shoulder if i go too mad now.

Think thats called a Muscle Up. Im good at pull ups but dont think I can do a Muscle Up.

Darth Thor

Damn respect for the 7-10%. Guess not all youngsters are lazy.

Best I managed was around 11% (but looked a bit skinny). At around 13% now but looking better having packed on some muscle.

Yes Intermittent Fasting really helped me in shedding the pounds, as my main issue was snacking all morning. Kept it up since. Breakfast is proper over rated as the most important meal.

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm also in the best shape of my life.

Great to see so many of us here are. Keep it up lads thumb up

samhain
Breakfast is proper over rated as the most important meal.

Couldn't agree more. I try to avoid eating anything until about 11AM, (depending on work patterns of course.) if I'm hungry when I wake up then I'll eat something but I won't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry just because people think breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

dadudemon

Right, with so many of us actually be in a shape/fit, I wonder how well the incel narrative fits the actual KMC population.

I'd wager not likely at all.

jaden_2.0
Right, with so many of us actually be in a shape/fit, I wonder how well the incel narrative fits the actual KMC population.

Cos it's not like people lie on the internet.

Robtard
I'm probably at the functionally strongest I've ever been, able to grab and carry two eighty pound bags of concrete at once with ease. I'm easily the strongest person I work with. But I'm also probably nearly in the worst shape in my life. I get a lot of exercise in my day to day life, but my diet is horrible. I eat utter garbage and have been drinking like eight coca colas a day for years now. I'm honestly nearly clueless about how to eat better because I've been eating like shit for my entire life.

Cut out the soda to start, that's 1,200 shit calories of pure high-fructose shit sugar. In the very least cut down to two a day and then work on cutting it down to one a day. Seriously, drinking this much soda will destroy your body in the long run.

I assume you probably eat fast food (or similar) for your work lunches? If so, stop that, start packing your own lunch. Make a turkey sandwich with wheat bread, throw in some lettuce, tomato, onion. Tuna sandwiches are also good, or tuna and white rice (what I'm having today). The $7-10 you'd spend on fast food will cover at least two meals/days of you stocking up on healthier meats, veggies, bread, rice to make sandwiches.

samhain
Cut out the soda to start, that's 1,200 shit calories of pure high-fructose shit sugar. In the very least cut down to two a day and then work on cutting it down to one a day. Seriously, drinking this much soda will destroy your body in the long run.

I assume you probably eat fast food (or similar) for your work lunches? If so, stop that, start packing your own lunch. Make a turkey sandwich with wheat bread, throw in some lettuce, tomato, onion. Tuna sandwiches are also good, or tuna and white rice (what I'm having today). The $7-10 you'd spend on fast food will cover at least two meals/days of you stocking up on healthier meats, veggies, bread, rice to make sandwiches.

When I was a chef I hardly had to spend money on food as you can just pick at bits of food the entire day, not good when you're working in a run-of-the-mill place, you end up eating fries and ribs all day. I have worked in a few high end places though where we would 'accidentally' prep half a dozen oysters even though the dish only requires 4, I've never eaten so fabulously. The healthiest I've ever eaten was when I worked in a vegan place though, you can actually make yourself feel sick as your body goes into hyperdrive to process all the nutrients you're getting.

samhain
Yeah Neme, definitely cut out the carbonated drinks as much as you can. That sh!t's unbelievably bad for you.

Robtard
Originally posted by samhain
When I was a chef I hardly had to spend money on food as you can just pick at bits of food the entire day, not good when you're working in a run-of-the-mill place, you end up eating fries and ribs all day. I have worked in a few high end places though where we would 'accidentally' prep half a dozen oysters even though the dish only requires 4, I've never eaten so fabulously. The healthiest I've ever eaten was when I worked in a vegan place though, you can actually make yourself feel sick as your body goes into hyperdrive to process all the nutrients you're getting.

Grazing all day can be healthy if done right, you just have to be eating more healthy foods than not (eg more fresh veggies instead of fries) and watch your overall calorie intake.

Eating like this tends to kick your metabolism into high(er) gear, so it can work as a fat burner diet as well.

BrolyBlack

Surtur

Damn 8 is a lot. I usually have 1, maybe 2 a day. I tend to buy in bulk when it's on sale so I don't have to buy it that often.

Perhaps try replacing soda with some juice instead. Juice can contain a lot of calories too so what you wanna do is dilute it with water. My grandma used to use half a glass of orange juice and half a glass of sparkling water mixed together and it tasted fine.

samhain
Grazing all day can be healthy if done right, you just have to be eating more healthy foods than not (eg more fresh veggies instead of fries) and watch your overall calorie intake.

Eating like this tends to kick your metabolism into high(er) gear, so it can work as a fat burner diet as well.

I'm a type 1 diabetic so I have to keep an eye on my carb intake throughout the day, once I'm at or around where I need to be at the time of day blood sugar wise then I'm usually tucking into some lettuce or something as vegetables have negligible carbs and the majority have zero carbs in them, the same goes for meat though so I have to avoid the temptation to eat bacon all day.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Damn respect for the 7-10%. Guess not all youngsters are lazy.

Best I managed was around 11% (but looked a bit skinny). At around 13% now but looking better having packed on some muscle.

Yes Intermittent Fasting really helped me in shedding the pounds, as my main issue was snacking all morning. Kept it up since. Breakfast is proper over rated as the most important meal.

Thanks bro. Having a low body-fat is basically a super-power in 2019 imo. Highly recommended.

1000%.

So overrated. I don't even eat until like 13:00 some days and I'm fine. I could have a two-hour workout in the morning and be fine with water.

Fasting has ridiculous benefits for longevity and better health. I want to start doing 72 hour fasts once a month. School keeps me super busy, so once I graduate, that's on my to-do list.

You quickly learn the difference between needing food and wanting food. From being hungry to being bored. I don't mindlessly snack. Okay, sometimes, but it's like almonds and cashews unsalted and raw.

dadudemon
Thanks bro. Having a low body-fat is basically a super-power in 2019 imo. Highly recommended.

1000%.

So overrated. I don't even eat until like 13:00 some days and I'm fine. I could have a two-hour workout in the morning and be fine with water.

Fasting has ridiculous benefits for longevity and better health. I want to start doing 72 hour fasts once a month. School keeps me super busy, so once I graduate, that's on my to-do list.

You quickly learn the difference between needing food and wanting food. From being hungry to being bored. I don't mindlessly snack. Okay, sometimes, but it's like almonds and cashews unsalted and raw.

Only advice I have is to move your eating window to be around your workouts. Or move your workouts to your eating window.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Quit pop. Treat it with the severity it deserves, like a drug addiction.

If you want tips, just message me. Assuming you have even a smidge of disposal income, it is easily doable to eat healthy. Eating fast food, the money and time you save on convenience will enact a toll on you 100-fold in the future.

Drink water, nothing else. Not coffee, not milk, not liquor. Water. If it isn't clear, you don't need it. Just doing that for four months will change your life. Start eating within a 10-hour window. For example, if your first consumption other than water is at 9:00, your last should be at 19:00. If your first is at 12:00, your last should at 22:00.

This is super easy to incorporate into your lifestyle. Remember, it's OKAY to go to bed a bit hungry sometimes. It's actually beneficial for you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Only advice I have is to move your eating window to be around your workouts. Or move your workouts to your eating window.

I know what you mean, the 30-minute window is something I try to hit post-workout. Probably incrementally hurting my gains when I don't. For before a session? Sometimes I like a fasted workout. It....clears my head in a strange way. I try to eat a nice meal and a protein/creatine combo right after a workout but tbh, my urge to eat has almost disappeared.

I've gone an eight-hour drive to NYC from Toronto and just drank water because I couldn't find anything healthy on the way (My boy left my prepacked lunches at his place :/). I didn't realize how tied and addicted we are to food. There is so much freedom in having balanced insulin levels and not needing to feast all the time.

dadudemon
Quit pop. Treat it with the severity it deserves, like a drug addiction.

If you want tips, just message me. Assuming you have even a smidge of disposal income, it is easily doable to eat healthy. Eating fast food, the money and time you save on convenience will enact a toll on you 100-fold in the future.

Drink water, nothing else. Not coffee, not milk, not liquor. Water. If it isn't clear, you don't need it. Just doing that for four months will change your life. Start eating within a 10-hour window. For example, if your first consumption other than water is at 9:00, your last should be at 19:00. If your first is at 12:00, your last should at 22:00.

This is super easy to incorporate into your lifestyle. Remember, it's OKAY to go to bed a bit hungry sometimes. It's actually beneficial for you.

I ate 3 filled donuts for my lunch, today. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
I ate 3 filled donuts for my lunch, today. smile

Haha, I mean that's fine. It's all about balance.

A large portion of the population does that EVERYDAY.

I admit I'm extreme, I just want the best for you guys. smile <3

dadudemon
Haha, I mean that's fine. It's all about balance.

A large portion of the population does that EVERYDAY.

I admit I'm extreme, I just want the best for you guys. smile <3

I ate pizza yesterday. And Garlic Knots.

Fight me:

https://i.imgur.com/UnenVxR.jpg

MythLord
I'd fvck you, ngl.

Robtard
Love, it's in the air 2nite

Mindship
https://i.imgur.com/UnenVxR.jpg Dadude, that's you? Another fine looking male specimen.

Damn. Putinbot posted his pic, now you. I may have to consider doing likewise.

now where did I put those college pics...?

Eon Blue

Fight me:

💕💋

Surtur

Fight me:

Those are some yuge f*cking veins bro.

jaden_2.0
If there's one thing women love it's a vascular man, Brian.

snowdragon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
If there's one thing women love it's a vascular man, Brian.

He went old school bad pharma with chromium picolinate and vanadium sulfate in a glucose drip with insulin eek!

Darth Thor

You quickly learn the difference between needing food and wanting food. From being hungry to being bored.

Precisely. I just find it amusing now when people attempting to go on a diet claim they are STARVING just a couple of hours after a massive breakfast.

playa1258
You can't out train a bad diet. It makes no sense to get a workout and then go home and eat MCD's with the rest of the fat bodies.

Darth Thor

Funny thing is you would think we (KMCers) were mostly fat virgins living in our mums basement.

Well clearly youre not fat. Given you are pretty ripped lol. And the one guy I met up with from KMC turned out to be a trained grappler entering competitions and shit.

Surtur
Originally posted by playa1258
You can't out train a bad diet. It makes no sense to get a workout and then go home and eat MCD's with the rest of the fat bodies.

Fast food should be something people only get every once in a while.

playa1258
Once a week and you should be fine. Hell I'm drinking preworkout right now for a lifting session.

Tomorrow is BJJ for 2 hours. Can't wait to take on Quan haha.

Surtur
I do maybe once a month, sometimes twice.

playa1258
Honestly for me it's up to stress level for me. If I get stressed I go have a beer and some food.

It helps me from destroying the retard managers at work.

Surtur
What is BJJ

playa1258
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

dadudemon
playa1258, get it.

I feel you on the stress eating.

dadudemon
Dadude, that's you? Another fine looking male specimen.

now where did I put those college pics...?

Thank you, good sir. And, yeah, all of us would love to see you. I don't think anyone dislikes you. It's hard to pull that off around these parts.

Originally posted by Eon Blue
💕💋

❤

Rage.Of.Olympus

You can't out-train a bad diet or poor sleep hygiene.

Maximizes your work and academic performance. You also always have energy and almost never get lethargic. Sometimes you feel a bit tired, but a quick power nap solves that.

The body is a miraculous machine evolved over hundreds of thousands of years to function in adverse environments. We were bred to problem solve and be creative while constantly on the move. A sedentary lifestyle is counterproductive to the human condition. Ironically, it also maximizes our ability to procreate and fulfill the ultimate biological imperative.

dadudemon
You can't out-train a bad diet or poor sleep hygiene.

I disagree on the first part. If you have time, you can eat 5000-6000 calories a day.

About 50-50 clean to bad on the diet.

I'll see I can find a photo of when I was doing that diet but worked 3 hours a day.

Edit - Can't find one.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah its energy balance and macros more than it is eating healthy.

That said healthy foods will give you your micronutrients, and generally satiate you better.

Surtur
If someone is overweight just do cocaine. Problem solved.

The past was mostly shit, but we legit had a time where we put cocaine in babies medicine. Damn that sounds awesome. Imagine being a baby and bam, cocaine is inside you. Surely it made existing back then a little bit more bearable.

samhain
If someone is overweight just do cocaine. Problem solved.

The problem with that is a lot of people use cocaine as an aid for staying out later and consuming more alcohol. They then spend the next day drinking energy drinks in a bid to shake their hangover.

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
The problem with that is a lot of people use cocaine as an aid for staying out later and consuming more alcohol. They then spend the next day drinking energy drinks in a bid to shake their hangover.

U sure do know a lot about what people on cocaine do...I bow to your greater knowledge.

Fine, ppl who need to lose weight should just puke after meals.

samhain
U sure do know a lot about what people on cocaine do...I bow to your greater knowledge.

Where I live they are literally everywhere, been that way for about the last 10-15 years. Today was The Grand National, I can guarantee you there is about 9 kilos of cocaine collectively in the city centre right this minute. With an equal amount having already gone up noses since lunchtime.

jaden_2.0
I know what you mean, the 30-minute window is something I try to hit post-workout. Probably incrementally hurting my gains when I don't. For before a session? Sometimes I like a fasted workout. It....clears my head in a strange way. I try to eat a nice meal and a protein/creatine combo right after a workout but tbh, my urge to eat has almost disappeared.

I've gone an eight-hour drive to NYC from Toronto and just drank water because I couldn't find anything healthy on the way (My boy left my prepacked lunches at his place :/). I didn't realize how tied and addicted we are to food. There is so much freedom in having balanced insulin levels and not needing to feast all the time.

The anabolic window is bro-science bullshit.

One Big Mob
The anabolic window is bro-science bullshit. "Hurry up, I have 2 minutes before my muscles go completely catabolic!"

2 hours is a good standby though. As long as you eat anything protein rich throughout the day you're pretty safe though. I'm not sure what the worry would be if you're living a healthy lifestyle...

How to go from shredded to flat just by one secret workout trick.

Surtur
Has to be done:

-aOt9x8WMrM

TempAccount
Has to be done:

-aOt9x8WMrM

15% poverty rate, **** yeah!

Rust belt wastelands, **** yeah!

30 million without health insurance, **** yeah!

Shit infrastructure 40 years behind the rest of the world, **** yeah!

Wasteful military-industrial complex spending, **** yeah!

Uneducated hillbilly white-trash hicks, **** yeah!

CIA meddling in nearly every developing country, staging coups, **** yeah!

35% Obesity rate, **** yeah!

Dead last in overall healthcare performance, **** yeah!

Highest incarceration rate, **** yeah!

Killing 200,000 innocent civilians with nukes in retaliation for a military base attack, **** yeah!

Death to American Imperialism, Death to America.

Long live Nippon the greatest civilization on Earth for the past ten-thousand years!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Iranian_Protesters_Burning_USA_Flag.jpg

A75AQgDBtJI

Surtur
If you don't live in America, where do you live? If you do live in America, what country would you rather be in? I'm not saying we are perfect, just curious.

NemeBro
If you don't live in America, where do you live? If you do live in America, what country would you rather be in? I'm not saying we are perfect, just curious. American education system on display here. thumb up

If you weren't an uneducated hillbilly white-trash hick you could use context clues to figure out he wants to live in Japan. thumb up

Surtur
American education system on display here. thumb up

If you weren't an uneducated hillbilly white-trash hick you could use context clues to figure out he wants to live in Japan. thumb up

Lol do better bro. I rarely pay attention to random posters info or sigs.

NemeBro
Lol do better bro. I rarely pay attention to random posters info or sigs. Who mentioned poster info or sigs?smile

Surtur
Who mentioned poster info or sigs?smile

Ah, don't act like a weasel now. Looking closer at his sig and "taisho" under his name, sure you could make a guess.

Otherwise, name every single context clue you meant that was not covered smile

jaden_2.0
Ah, don't act like a weasel now. Looking closer at his sig and "taisho" under his name, sure you could make a guess.

Otherwise, name every single context clue you meant that was not covered smile

Probably the word "Nippon" and the video about Japanese stuff. That'd be my guess.

NemeBro
Probably the word "Nippon" and the video about Japanese stuff. That'd be my guess. thumb up

He still has no idea Kurk's post itself provided all he needed to know. sad

jaden_2.0
thumb up

He still has no idea Kurk's post itself provided all he needed to know. sad

In fairness it had a lot of other words before those bits. Attention spans are what they used to oh look a shiny thing.

NemeBro
In fairness it had a lot of other words before those bits. Attention spans are what they used to oh look a shiny thing. I'm gay

jaden_2.0
That'll be why Surt can't see it. He's distracted by your flamboyant gayness.

BackFire
About 50-50 clean to bad on the diet.

That's what I'm doing right now. Maybe more 60% clean and 40% junk. I'm still eating tacos and burgers and pizza, just less of them, and more good stuff, and I'm seeing good results. So far I'm very happy with them. I like bad food too much to give it up, we'll see how far I get with this.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
That's what I'm doing right now. Maybe more 60% clean and 40% junk. I'm still eating tacos and burgers and pizza, just less of them, and more good stuff, and I'm seeing good results. So far I'm very happy with them. I like bad food too much to give it up, we'll see how far I get with this.

This works. Good job!

As long as you see results and you are still making progress to you fitness goals, keep your diet.

Sometimes, it reducing your calories is the best action.

I'm super excited for you, really. Dude, around 15% bodyfat, you will hit a brick wall. Then you'll have to do more cardio or clean up diet more. But at 15%, you will look phenomenal.

TempAccount
BF and others I'd also suggest you start getting fitness advice from real pros. Me myself I follow in the footsteps of the all-time greatest NATURAL body-builder, Rich Piana.

He's given me some great fitness advice over the years, from how to go on a keto diet to how to do a dirty bulk fast.

For example, when doing heavy sets, you want to make sure to go SHOOP-AHH when exerting and relaxing. Make sure to eat 12 meals per day and waddle everywhere you go with ILS so that everyone knows you're a true fitness pro 5 percenter.

He's a great role-model.

Darth Thor

As long as you see results and you are still making progress to you fitness goals, keep your diet.

Sometimes, it reducing your calories is the best action.

Yeah keeping a reasonable amount of junk and sugar can actually help keep cravings in check. Can also use a weekly cheat meal (which you can balance out earlier or later) to go crazy. That you you dont feel you are denied or restricted on what you’re “allowed” to eat.

As long as youre in a caloric deficit, getting sufficient protein and strength training you will get more and more lean/ripped with or without junk food.

Surtur
Probably the word "Nippon" and the video about Japanese stuff. That'd be my guess.

I don't even know what that is. Let me look it up. *Looks up nippon*

Yeah so, it's weird to pretend this is a word most people should recognize

And I didn't pay attention or watch dudes video, cuz I didn't care.

But yeah, admittedly my schools didn't teach me anything about slang terms from Japan. To be fair I went to catholic school, maybe public schools do teach kids about it.

NemeBro
I accept your concession, you baka gaijin. thumb up

Also technically it isn't really "slang", it's just the formal Japanese term for Japan. "Japan" is only really used by people outside of the country itself.

dadudemon

Also technically it isn't really "slang", it's just the formal Japanese term for Japan. "Japan" is only really used by people outside of the country itself.

Right. And to use it properly in a sentence, "I really like it when Nemebro puts his nippon me."

Surtur

Indeed, we need to have our schools teach us this.

playa1258
WW2 must still sting for someone.

Bashar Teg
japanese had the prettiest battleships and heavy cruisers imho

Surtur
WW2 must still sting for someone.

Humiliating defeats tend to sting.

cdtm
There's different kinds of weakness.

I'm not sure anyone cooks anymore. If the young kids in sports jerseys I've seen are representative, they're missing out by buying fried chicken off some grocery store.

Grilling up wings. pork, or steak tips was half the fun of get togethers.

TempAccount
Humiliating defeats tend to sting. Only can the bully of the world drop nukes on heavily populated cities, cause the deaths of 200,000+ innocent civilians, and get away with it--calling it a victory in the name of 'democracy.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TempAccount
Only can the bully of the world drop nukes on heavily populated cities, cause the deaths of 200,000+ innocent civilians, and get away with it--calling it a victory in the name of 'democracy.

Would you like a cookie?

Putinbot1
Just whack shitloads of gear down you lift and eat what you want.

Eon Blue
I'm gay

Truly?

NemeBro
In a sense. thumb up

Bentley
Does that mean an specific array of sex positions?

Surtur
Originally posted by TempAccount
Only can the bully of the world drop nukes on heavily populated cities, cause the deaths of 200,000+ innocent civilians, and get away with it--calling it a victory in the name of 'democracy.

We would have stayed out of the war until it was too late if you guys hadn't attacked us when you did. Once you did you pissed us off and we went from an army not even in the top 15 to the #1 power by the end of the war.

All thanks to you guys doing some stupid shit. That's one gigantic self own.

BackFire
It's true. Even Hitler was apparently pissed at the Japanese for drawing America into the war. He was trying very hard not to do that.

Stringer

Stringer

Putinbot1
Dadude, that's you? Another fine looking male specimen.

now where did I put those college pics...? haha thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.