Obesity Rate in the UK Set to Overtake the US by 2030

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_Kingdom

By 2030, half of the UK will be obese.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/half-of-uk-obese-by-2030/

This data is so alarming that former Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, said that childhood obesity is a national emergency.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/07/childhood-obesity-national-emergency-jeremy-hunt-health-sugar-tax-jamie-oliver

The US is quite fat. The US is renowned throughout the world for it's obesity epidemic. But now the UK is going to become the monarch of obesity if things do not change.

People in the UK, why are you eating so many fish and chips? You have, as often measured, the best healthcare in the world. Don't be like the US.

Putinbot1
Nice 11 years to go. Lol.

dadudemon
Originally posted by dadudemon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_Kingdom

By 2030, half of the UK will be obese.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/half-of-uk-obese-by-2030/

This data is so alarming that former Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, said that childhood obesity is a national emergency.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/07/childhood-obesity-national-emergency-jeremy-hunt-health-sugar-tax-jamie-oliver

The US is quite fat. The US is renowned throughout the world for its obesity epidemic. But now the UK is going to become the monarch of obesity if things do not change.

People in the UK, why are you eating so many fish and chips? You have, as often measured, the best healthcare in the world. Don't be like the US.

jaden_2.0
Maybe the incels will be able to pork the fat chicks.

dadudemon
I corrected a spelling error.

Important:
poop and pee
for you and me
to do and see.

Also, and this is scientific fact, I have three knees.

My left knee.
My right knee.
And my wienie.

I am incredible for thinking of this. I used my prefrontal cortex with my somatosensory cortex to come up with that.

SquallX
Is it really that surprising? The West have become so backward in thinking, claiming someone is fat and needs to excercise to better ones life is frown upon.

Robtard
Originally posted by SquallX
Is it really that surprising? The West have become so backward in thinking, claiming someone is fat and needs to excercise to better ones life is frown upon.

I partially agree with you. While I don't believe in fat-shaming, the notion that telling someone who is unhealthy levels of overweight that "they're fine" and "go ahead and eat those four donuts" is just dangerous to them.

But you can also encourage someone to be healthier, put down the donuts and exercise without making them feel like shit first.

Surtur
Who cares? We're all gonna be dead in 12 years anyways.

BackFire

People in the UK, why are you eating so many fish and chips?

You know why. Because it's delicious.

Surtur
We only got 12 years to live lets go crazy and eat what we want.

I want a baby seal burrito. Gimme. Get in muh belly.

BackFire
Coming to a Chipotle near you.

Surtur
*checks belly* It's seal free. This ain't gonna do.

TempAccount
That's too bad. I believe Germany currently has the highest obesity rate 50+% of all EU countries. Deutschland and its people is nothing like it used to be. What a shame.

samhain
Originally posted by TempAccount
Deutschland and its people is nothing like it used to be.

laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Nice 11 years to go. Lol.

thanks to the UK, the US can say we're not the dumbest and fattest.

you guys really took a bullet for us when we needed the help, with this and that whole brexit thing. thanks thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

you guys really took a bullet for us when we needed the help, with this and that whole Brexit thing. thanks thumb up So true. 😪

ares834
Originally posted by SquallX

It's not.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by ares834
It's not. thumb up

Surtur

you guys really took a bullet for us when we needed the help, with this and that whole brexit thing. thanks thumb up

The UK is our ever faithful Duff.

dadudemon

Not so fast with the Brexit stuff.

We just spent $1 billion on wall stuff when we have veterans dying in the streets.

Surtur
Not so fast with the Brexit stuff.

We just spent $1 billion on wall stuff when we have veterans dying in the streets.

Personally I prefer veterans that don't die in the street. Giggity.

Robtard
"Obesity Rate in the UK Set to Overtake the US by 2030"

Prepare the: Ye mum so fat...

ares834
Originally posted by Surtur
Personally I prefer veterans that don't die in the street. Giggity.

Ow, the edge.

Surtur
Your mum is so fat they wanna rename "Big Ben" to "Big (insert the name of the mother of the person)".

erm

Surtur
Originally posted by ares834
Ow, the edge.

Damn right, don't cut yourself bro.

Robtard
Ye mum is so fat she broke the London Eye

BrolyBlack
Rob you could not take the day off huh?

staxamillion
ye mum so fat whenever some says cherrio she grabs a bowl

Robtard
Originally posted by staxamillion
ye mum so fat whenever some says cherrio she grabs a bowl

https://i.imgur.com/6VGzSV3.gif

BrolyBlack
Just one day Rob, try it.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Just one day Rob, try it. Rob never posts at the weekend.

BrolyBlack
Sure he does

Robtard
Rob never posts at the weekend.

Going to assume TI's still obsesssing over me and doing his "You never leave KMC!" troll bit again? Which is weird as TI posts nigh non-stop.

But I do on occasion post on weekends, just very rarely. I'm a M-F guy.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Going to assume TI's still obsesssing over me and doing his "You never leave KMC!" troll bit again? Which is weird as TI posts nigh non-stop.

But I do on occasion post on weekends, just very rarely. I'm a M-F guy. you are definately a M-F guy.

Robtard
Today is my 5,000ths day of being a KMC member. I average 17.62 posts per day.

I know certain posters who make close to that many threads a day. ;>

BackFire
Y'all post way too much.

BrolyBlack

But I do on occasion post on weekends, just very rarely. I'm a M-F guy.

You really are doing that whole "I am not ignoring him but not reading his posts well." Having trouble seeing the posts right below you?

BrolyBlack
Today is my 5,000ths day of being a KMC member. I average 17.62 posts per day.

I know certain posters who make close to that many threads a day. ;>

You do realize you are capped at 5 threads per day right, butthurt boy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I partially agree with you. While I don't believe in fat-shaming, the notion that telling someone who is unhealthy levels of overweight that "they're fine" and "go ahead and eat those four donuts" is just dangerous to them.

But you can also encourage someone to be healthier, put down the donuts and exercise without making them feel like shit first.

I don't know man.

So many people are obese just because they are unmotivated and lazy. I just hate fatties. I'm not saying throw tomatoes at them, but goddamn, it's gross.

It creates this positive feedback loop of inactivity and lethargy. If throwing tomatoes at them will at least get them jogging, I'm all for it tbh. They'll thank us when they're down to a healthy weight.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Y'all post way too much.

Your mom posts too much

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BackFire
Y'all post way too much. Agreed I'm travelling to Dubai tomorrow. I intend to post a few pics but little else for the following 8 days.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't know man.

So many people are obese just because they are unmotivated and lazy. I just hate fatties. I'm not saying throw tomatoes at them, but goddamn, it's gross.

It creates this positive feedback loop of inactivity and lethargy. If throwing tomatoes at them will at least get them jogging, I'm all for it tbh. They'll thank us when they're down to a healthy weight.

Fat shaming is more likely to cause someone to not change and possibility even engage further in the activity/or lack of activity they're doing that got them(or in part) to obese to begin with.

tl;dr: You're better off with positive reinforcement, than negative if you want someone to change

Robtard
Agreed I'm travelling to Dubai tomorrow. I intend to post a few pics but little else for the following 8 days.

Safe journey, I'm leaving Sat, going back East to visit my brother for the week

Putinbot1
Safe journey, I'm leaving Sat, going back East to visit my brother for the week Same to you, Rob. Enjoy.

BrolyBlack

Great news, we can be free of you for a while.

Robtard
Same to you, Rob. Enjoy.

I'll double my daily post count to offset your lack of posting thumb up

dadudemon
Fat shaming is more likely to cause someone to not change and possibility even engage further in the activity/or lack of activity they're doing that got them(or in part) to obese to begin with.

tl;dr: You're better off with positive reinforcement, than negative if you want someone to change

Is that what happened with Smokers? Did smoke-shaming cause them to smoke more?

Robtard
Is that what happened with Smokers? Did smoke-shaming cause them to smoke more?

Not sure the two are equally comparable, as one of the biggest anti-smoking sells was "you're not just killing yourself, the second-hand smoke is killing those around you", not sure that applies to obese people?

Anecdotally, I did know a guy who would smoke more just to be annoying when people gave him the standard "you know smoking is bad, right...". But he was a special *******.

edit: Iirc, DarthGoober who is a disgusting smoker also has this outlook towards people who are disgusted by his smoking. He'll smoke more, blow it in another's direction etc. We had a talk a year+ ago.

dadudemon
Not sure the two are equally comparable, as one of the biggest anti-smoking sells was "you're not just killing yourself, the second-hand smoke is killing those around you", not sure that applies to obese people?

Anecdotally, I did know a guy who would smoke more just to be annoying when people gave him the standard "you know smoking is bad, right...". But he was a special *******.

edit: Iirc, DarthGoober who is a disgusting smoker also has this outlook towards people who are disgusted by his smoking. He'll smoke more, blow it in another's direction etc. We had a talk a year+ ago.

You might have a point. They are just killing themselves when being fat.

They are killing their children, however. If they eat poorly, their children are affected into obesity almost invariably which makes it worse than smoking.

It's quite a predictable outcome.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm199709253371301

Also, a while back, I remember reading that even when parents kept a good diet for their children, if the parent was obese, so would the child. Part of it was the child not believing any stupid shit the parent said about diet because the parent was a fatty.

So it's worse if they have kids? Can the anti-fat campaign say, "Being fat doesn't just kill you, it's killing your children. Stop being a fatass." ?

Robtard
Even without that study I think everyone has an anecdotal experience with overweight parents leading to overweight kids, as that behavior is in part learned.

Bashar Teg

http://i.imgur.com/c90uE6V.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus

Hmmm.

I guess if someone's obese already, they have a pretty weak mentality that is driven by short-driven dopamine highs and low impulse control.

Negative reinforcement probably does no good. But I don't know. I think some forced hard labour in some modern-day mandatory gyms will straighten out at least a large majority.

SquallX

dadudemon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.