Tron vs. CLU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
As of Legacy.

Put both of them in an indestructible and inescapable dome. They are armed only with their discs. Who would win?

Mendax
anyone?

Galan007
Eh? This already happened, and Clu won. Every canon source confirms this. confused

Thing with Clu is that you really can't beat him on the Grid unless you're Flynn, as he is essentially a program duplicate OF Flynn(albeit with perhaps slightly less 'access level'.)

While Clu may not have the privileges required to create programs within the Grid(something only Flynn can do), he does have the ability to rewrite essentially any program(s) he wants -- even those created by Flynn's hand to try and stop him. Hence Flynn's line from the film: "Clu fed on my resistance. The more I fought, the more powerful he became. It was impressive, really."

IOW, Clu's ability to repurpose programs to suit his own needs > Flynn's ability to create them. That's why not even Flynn could beat Clu while inside the Grid -- his only option was reintegration, which seemingly killed them both.

In 'forum-speak' it would look something like this:
Flynn=Admin, Clu=Co-Admin, Tron=Global Mod, and guys like General Tesler=Forum Mods.

Mendax
I thought the other orange guards there helped CLU beat Tron?

I've never heard of general Tesler, so i'm guessing he's a new character? Were there any other high level programs on the grid besides the ones you listed?

NemeBro
CLU is able to completely no-sell a derezzing disc. He is literally invulnerable to anything Tron could do to him.

Mendax
Originally posted by NemeBro
CLU is able to completely no-sell a derezzing disc. He is literally invulnerable to anything Tron could do to him. Really? When was that?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
I thought the other orange guards there helped CLU beat Tron?

I've never heard of general Tesler, so i'm guessing he's a new character? Were there any other high level programs on the grid besides the ones you listed? During the flashback of Clu's coup in the film, we see Tron easily dispatch the Black Guards before Clu stepped in and overpowered him solo -- and the comic book adaption depicts the same thing. On top of that, Uprising states: "In his thirst for power, Clu betrayed his creator. Tron fought back, but Clu was too powerful." Tbh, Tron trying to fight Clu on the Grid is akin to Neo trying to fight the Trainman inside the train station: absolutely futile.

General Tesler is from Uprising. As mentioned, he was a very high-ranking member of Clu's faction -- probably #3 in overall command. Above him was Dyson, who was Clu's highest-ranking and deadliest soldier, with skills =/> Tron himself... In fact, he is who Clu replaced Tron with initially.

There are also a few other unique programs to consider, like Zuse/Castor, for example, but I digress...

cdtm
Why do they even call it Tron? He wasn't the main character in the first one, and he wasn't even in Legacy.

Should have named it Clu.

Galan007
^ Because Flynn's digital universe is called the "Tron System".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.