Juggernaut vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Rd1. Classic Juggs

Rd 2 Current Juggs

VS
SUPERMAN ( CURRENT )

RANDOM ENCOUNTER
BOTH START 25 METERS APART
MORALS OFF SUPERMAN
NO BFR
NO OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE
VICTORY BY INCAP OR DEATH

https://i.postimg.cc/4YTF2jgH/Screenshot-239.png

DarkSaint85
Superman in both.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Superman in both.

Abhi's spirit has possessed you, dear friend.

Fight it. Don't let it consume you whole.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Superman in both.

what made you pick him?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Abhi's spirit has possessed you, dear friend.

Fight it. Don't let it consume you whole.

Hahaha.

Tbf, if we just kept it to fisticuffs, can't see Superman putting him down.

Alberto, will Superman use his full abilities?

AlbertoJohnAvil
yes

Faceless808
With Superman's speed and flight, how would Juggernaut even lay a finger on him? Take away those advantages and it would be a fight.

xJLxKing

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
yes

Then Superman wins with sonics.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Then Superman wins with sonics.

do you mind showing if current jugs or classic's been shown invulnerable to it?

DarkSaint85
Are you engaging in a leading question?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Are you engaging in a leading question?

I'm wondering how would sonic would take the win

AlbertoJohnAvil
like Superman can withstand Juggernauts punches, but for how long though? Juggernaut Can continously increase his power aswell

https://i.postimg.cc/3k0JYHgt/Screenshot-248.png

And we've actually seen it in action
It began in Incredible Hulk #172

https://i.postimg.cc/9zNhMnXK/pbu.jpg

DarkSaint85
I'm wondering how would sonic would take the win

See Nimrod and Iron Man.

With Iron Man, IIRC he was weakened, but Superman has a higher output than Tony.

Plus, you know, the speed advantage. He doesn't have to withstand the punches, he can straight up avoid them.

juggernaut74
like Superman can withstand Juggernauts punches, but for how long though? Juggernaut Can continously increase his power aswell

https://i.postimg.cc/3k0JYHgt/Screenshot-248.png

And we've actually seen it in action
It began in Incredible Hulk #172

https://i.postimg.cc/9zNhMnXK/pbu.jpg Juggernaut>>>Hulk

But Superman is another beast all together.

Damborgson
As usual, hard to know what to do with juggernaut.

His current version lost teeth to current Thors bootleg hammers. That is atrocious for a being that's supposed to be all about invulnerability.

I see no reason why Superman cant repeat the job.

For classic, I see no reason that Superman could pop the shields that held up to a God blast, questionable in strength or not. Nor do I see any reason for Superman to legitimately engage someone in fisticuffs who he will soon realize cannot be hurt by him. But, Juggernaut can be picked off the ground, so Superman could chuck him into space or something.

But BFR is off thumb up so stalemate.

DarkSaint85
You don't think Super sonics would work Dambo?

Damborgson
On current yeah. Or just throw a cement truck at him.

I dont know how it would interact with classic shielded juggernaut.

StiltmanFTW
Nimrod worked just fine, but he used a specific frequency.

Supes would likely KO himself with his own whistle first.

DarkSaint85
Nimrod worked just fine, but he used a specific frequency.

Supes would likely KO himself with his own whistle first.

It was just a high frequency, that's all.

StiltmanFTW
tight-beam and ultra-high

Superman's gonna be ultra-high after getting punched once by Cain thumb up

juggernaut74
Anybody have scans of their brief "fight" in Marvel vs DC?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggernaut74

You can't find it on your own?

Are you on Windows 95, using Internet Explorer?

juggernaut74
Here is is:

DarkSaint85
tight-beam and ultra-high

Superman's gonna be ultra-high after getting punched once by Cain thumb up

Yeah.. nothing specific there.

StiltmanFTW
You're not going to ruin one of KMC's greatest legends protecting Cain.

Damborgson

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-9c43fd9d636c8b3ac041650de2c03505.webp

Stoic
Juggernaut>>>Hulk

But Superman is another beast all together.

Whaaaat? It took Cain years to dig himself out from a collaspsed mountain, while a far weaker Hulk held a larger mountain up, and even if it was argued that he only braced it, that is still far more than Cain was capable of. Then the Hulk went and blew that feat apart by outmuscling an explosion that threatened to destroy Sakaar, which again makes the mountain feat a molehill.

Oh and Superman wrecks. Like the Hulk, he can bench planets, while Juggernaut is stuck at Sky Scrapers.

StiltmanFTW
Keep dreaming.

Damborgson
Woah, when could hulk bench a planet ?

Stoic
When he stopped Sakaar from exploding. That was a planetary level strength feat, and Sakaar was larger than Earth.

Stoic
Keep dreaming.

What do you mean keep dreaming? Hulk actually has dynamic strength. Cain? Not so much.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Stoic
What do you mean keep dreaming? Hulk actually has dynamic strength. Cain? Not so much.

Yes cain does, he's been holding back this whole time. Stated on panel

https://i.postimg.cc/dhQ68Pdq/ss.jpg

Damborgson
When he stopped Sakaar from exploding. That was a planetary level strength feat, and Sakaar was larger than Earth.

Those feats you are speaking of are not on comparable levels in my opinion.

Superman lifted the weight or Earth for three days, with one drop of sweat. Hulk genuinely struggled to stop tectonic plates from moving apart, while getting angrier by the moment. Superman wasnt even exposed to the sun when did his feat.

The bench press feat for Superman should have never happened, but its Superman, what are you gonna do?

He struggled to stop a boat a short time later. Comics.

Magnificent M
Freeze Breath

juggernaut74
Whaaaat? It took Cain years to dig himself out from a collaspsed mountain, while a far weaker Hulk held a larger mountain up, and even if it was argued that he only braced it, that is still far more than Cain was capable of. Then the Hulk went and blew that feat apart by outmuscling an explosion that threatened to destroy Sakaar, which again makes the mountain feat a molehill.

Oh and Superman wrecks. Like the Hulk, he can bench planets, while Juggernaut is stuck at Sky Scrapers. Juggernaut has overpowered Hulk at least twice that I know of in a direct strength comparison.

panthergod
Superman beats the shit out of Juggernaut. Spite

DarkSaint85
You're not going to ruin one of KMC's greatest legends protecting Cain.

Shhhh.

https://i.postimg.cc/VJYKQcV1/uncanny-x-men-194-017.jpg

And Iron Man (as I said, its a weakened Juggernaut. But the gap between Tony and Superman is far wider):

https://i.postimg.cc/mcScv0Kx/3483918-sonics-6.jpg

Meanwhile:
https://imgur.com/a/ShNNz

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
Those feats you are speaking of are not on comparable levels in my opinion.

Superman lifted the weight or Earth for three days, with one drop of sweat. Hulk genuinely struggled to stop tectonic plates from moving apart, while getting angrier by the moment. Superman wasnt even exposed to the sun when did his feat.

The bench press feat for Superman should have never happened, but its Superman, what are you gonna do?

He struggled to stop a boat a short time later. Comics.

Wait what? You don't seem to get the part about his dynamic strength. One punch blew apart a solar system. That was still the effing Hulk. Amirite? Cain is nowhere near that level of power, yet I don't see anyone opposing that one tiny thumbnail that was posted up on this page.

Juggernaut has overpowered Hulk at least twice that I know of in a direct strength comparison.

Not an unleashed Hulk. Cain beat a holding back Hulk. At his upper levels he'd destroy Cain. Even his 10 yr old boy beat Cain, and look at what Thor recently did to him, not to mention it taking him months to free himself from a cement foundation that Spidey tricked him into walking into, and then taking years, frigging YEARS to escape a mountain collapse. He isn't remotely on the Hulk's upper levels.

Smurph
It was just a high frequency, that's all. The high frequency beam caused Juggs pain, but a "synapse dislocuter" is what Nimrod used to stop Juggs' neural impulses and paralyze/KO him.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991354/8.png.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991355/9.png.html

And Nimrod used his weakness-scanning to come up with that plot device. Superman can pull out all sorts of plot devices too, but the Nimrod fight doesn't establish that Juggernaut has a special weakness to sonic attacks.

DarkSaint85
No.

But it shows that even in his classic days, we cannot say Juggy is immune to EVERYTHING. As in, there are things that can beat him.

One of which is sonics. It's not his kryptonite, but is a thing that Superman has in his arsenal.

And will use, as I asked the OP if Superman will use his full abilities (not can he or would he, but will he).

Smurph
No.

But it shows that even in his classic days, we cannot say Juggy is immune to EVERYTHING. As in, there are things that can beat him.

One of which is sonics. It's not his kryptonite, but is a thing that Superman has in his arsenal.

And will use, as I asked the OP if Superman will use his full abilities (not can he or would he, but will he).

It shows that there are things that can hurt him, but a high sonic beam didn't outright beat him. The comic implies that Juggs wouldn't have been immobilized without the "synapse dislocuter"

Which is consistent with the Ironman/weakened Juggs showing - he isn't falling, he's just in pain.

If Classic Juggs would use his full abilities, it makes it much harder for Superman. There's the kinetic shield, but also a bunch of other random powers that Cain (not other Juggernauts) has used, and passive abilities that he's shown like magical healing, iirc.

DarkSaint85
I didn't want to pull it out but....

Do you think Superman can sing Juggy out of existence?

Edit: plus, Nimrod says the pain from the sonics would make Juggy incapable of thought, much less action.
Which would be a win condition.

Smurph
He's only incapable of action during the attack though.

If Superman can't stop attacking then it's a stalemate, not a win condition.

Super-singing would probably work, unless Jugg's shield can stop it. Or, lol, if singing him out of existence counts as BFR...

DarkSaint85
Superman benched the Earth for five days without sun, noob.

I bet he can whistle/sing for an hour or so

leonidas
superman tears open the planet, drops him in the core and seals it up. win via bfr. it'd take juggs years to walk out of there. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Bfr is off, old man.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I didn't want to pull it out but....

Do you think Superman can sing Juggy out of existence?

Edit: plus, Nimrod says the pain from the sonics would make Juggy incapable of thought, much less action.
Which would be a win condition.

the sonics are a good point and could give Supes a win. Of course Superman would need to know he'd have to get the helmet off first, in order to do it, like Nimrod. But that could be a possible accident during the fight, so it's still a possibility
However, according to OHOTMU Deluxe Edition #6...

Sonics may not work if his FF is active

https://i.postimg.cc/v4jR7VLF/wc.jpg

DarkSaint85
Handbooks are inadmissible young man.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Handbooks are inadmissible young man.

its from the ohotmu so no

DarkSaint85
Exactly.

What does the H stand for in OHOTMU?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Exactly.

What does the H stand for in OHOTMU?

Given the fact that his FF is ridiculously durable, their implication that it can stop the sonic waves is very much a possibility

leonidas
Bfr is off, old man.

i guess that would be a bfr, though i thought of it more as a very deep burial. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Given the fact that his FF is ridiculously durable, their implication that it can stop the sonic waves is very much a possibility

So you're saying Juggy is deaf?

Great argument.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I never said Juggernaut is deaf, at all. Wasn't even an implication
I'm saying as directly stated, it's a possibility his FF can block the sonic waves. And given how ridiculously durable said FF is, it's a high possibility for it to work
That's fine if you don't believe in the handbook regarding Juggernaut, you just have to prove it's wrong

DarkSaint85
So if they block sound waves.....

That makes him deaf.

If he can hear, then sound waves can reach and affect him.

One Big Mob

That makes him deaf.

If he can hear, then sound waves can reach and affect him. Do you think comics operate on a level like this? Look at any force field that blocks light and sound for instance.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/BnqjmMF2/c2b35e24569d1435ccf2d46d7f77d6a0.jpg

leonidas
i'd be interested in seeing scans of a force field that blocks light and sound.... seeing as how it would make the person inside...deaf and blind. no expression

(cuts to mags blocking dazzler.... lol )

AlbertoJohnAvil

That makes him deaf.

If he can hear, then sound waves can reach and affect him.

I'd like to see Superman creating the constant sonics that both Nimrod and Iron Man have used against him. Sure he could yell but I don't think it's the same thing...

show Superman using high pitched sonics at a consistent level? Outside of a sharp whistle or maybe yelling I don't think he's going to be able replicate what either of them did... That being said no BFR either...

AlbertoJohnAvil
Classic Juggernaut had force fields that slowed momentum and pushed objects away as well as gave him -higher- levels of durability.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Look at the scans of Nimrod and Iron Man though. There high frequency attacks focused specifically on Juggernaut at a continous rate. One is without his helmet on and two is against a heavily weakened Juggernaut.

A whistle and some yelling aren't going to cut it.

DarkSaint85
Nimrod took his helmet off.

Yes, Juggy was weakened. What level? 50%? Do you think Superman can be 2x as powerful as Iron Man?

10%? Can Superman be 10x Iron Man?

A continuous rate? My point is, if sonics can affect Juggy (and they can), the power output of Superman would turn him to mush.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Sonics from Superman aren't turning him into mush. They'd just disable his synapses

Also Juggernaut has a high end healing factor as well.

DarkSaint85
Sonics from Superman aren't turning him into mush. They'd just disable his synapses

Also Juggernaut has a high end healing factor as well.

Then rinse and repeat.

At this rate it essentially becomes Deadpool vs Black Bolt. Sure, DP can just heal, but when he's just being turned into a quadriplegic over and over again, whilst his opponent is moving too fast for him to see (thanks to the generous OP who said Superman will use his full abilities), or Superman just stands in space and uses HV over and over again, or just destroys the battlefield to leave Juggy floating uselessly in space.....

Or just buries him like Spidey did (so no BFR, but incapacitated).

AlbertoJohnAvil
Deadpool doesn't have magic fields or any level of his durability or his strength... Huge difference between the power levels you've mentioned and Black Bolt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman's vocals...

DarkSaint85
There's also a huge difference between Iron Man and Superman's power levels, especially when Supe is going all out.

Glad you agree on that point.

gauntlet o doom
If Nimrod hadn't removed Juggy's helmet, he wouldn't have had any other way of putting Marko down?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.