Gorilla Grodd W/Still Force Vs Runner W/ Space Gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Senor Cage
https://i.imgur.com/71PExmo.jpg

vs

https://i.imgur.com/kbTyyZ2.jpg

Stoic
The Runner doesn't actually need to be fast with the Space Gem. He just thinks it, and he's there. Runner is also well above him in terms of strength as Grodd is a light weight unable to physically harm Aquaman on land and all.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but if he can't even think, due to his neurons slowing down....

Stoic
Yeah but can Grodd mess with his mind? What about the Runners ability to stimulate the pleaure portions of Grodd's mortal mind, and beat the shit out of him like he did to the Surfer? Grodd is fighting way out of his weight class imo.

DarkSaint85
But that's not Grodds mental powers.

I was talking about the Still Force which slows even cell activity down.

Stoic
And the Runner can be there beating on him faster than Grodd can process a thought bubble. I'd say that if he can chip up the Surfer, that he'd be able to physically one shot a guy that isn't able to physically mount a defense against Aquaman.

Senor Cage
He did well against Flash, though.

Stoic
The Runner is actually more durable than the Flash though. The Surfer is too. Either of the guys can survive re-entry to the planet and survive the fall from that height. Physically it's a wash, and as I said, the Space Gem allows for the Runner to be anywhere in an instant. This as so many people have pointed out in the past is a battle forum, not a PIS filled comic book that Flash forgets that he can travel a million or more miles per second. Hell, in a forum the Runner doing top speed and punching a character in Grodd's weight class would likely end in a fatality.

Senor Cage
Durability doesn't mean squat when Grodd takes away all your movement for eternity.

Stoic
The Space Gem isn't speed. It's more of a case of instant translocation. I've already pointed out that at this level, Grodd would be punching up, while the Runner would only require one hit, which in real time would occur before Grodd even put the action into play in his mind. One hit is all that's needed here. But yeah, I can also see Grodd winning if the Runner decided to sit there and talk it out like Goku as well, but that's not what would happen here.

Senor Cage
But the Still Force is able to slow the universe in it's entirety. How does Runner beat him?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Senor Cage
But the Still Force is able to slow the universe in it's entirety. How does Runner beat him?

Doesn't the space gem operate outside of universal laws though? Iirc Pip could appear anywhere he envisioned

Stoic
It's a who fires first situation. The Runner's reaction times are far greater than Grodd's, so he'd act far faster than Grodd. In far less than a second after it starts, Grodd would already be beaten. Or, we could go with the Runner sitting there while Grodd is the only one allowed to act approach.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Doesn't the space gem operate outside of universal laws though? Iirc Pip could appear anywhere he envisioned

It does.

Senor Cage

Well, if he appeared in the same space/universe, wouldn't he still be slowed down to nothing?

Sin I AM
Well, if he appeared in the same space/universe, wouldn't he still be slowed down to nothing?

Im not sure. I think the still force needs to be fleshed out a bit more. I kinda lost interest immediately after seeing Grodd with a baby strapped to his chest. But iirc it negated movement right? But with the space gem you arent technically moving you're warping reality to put you somewhere you imagined. Does Grodd have such control where he can negate teleportation AND his innate speed and his pleasure powers? Imo it's Runner's fight to lose but i can be convinced otherwise

Senor Cage
Im not sure. I think the still force needs to be fleshed out a bit more. I kinda lost interest immediately after seeing Grodd with a baby strapped to his chest. But iirc it negated movement right? But with the space gem you arent technically moving you're warping reality to put you somewhere you imagined. Does Grodd have such control where he can negate teleportation AND his innate speed and his pleasure powers? Imo it's Runner's fight to lose but i can be convinced otherwise

Grodd can slow down all molecules, even to the level of neurons, so he has fine tune control. Flash basically did nothing to him, and I don't see Runner as fast as post rebirth Barry. Runner would have to use the gem to do some wild, creative things. What has Runner exactly done with the Space Gem?

8swords
But with the space gem you arent technically moving you're warping reality to put you somewhere you imagined.

runner for now, until someone actually comes up with an actual argument

Senor Cage
Reviewing the still force, Runner would likely power up Grodd. Flash's speed wasn't enough to even touch him, so runner better pull something special to take him down.

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Justice-League-4-Legion-of-Doom-spoilers-11-e1531907840897.jpg

Sin I AM
Grodd can slow down all molecules, even to the level of neurons, so he has fine tune control. Flash basically did nothing to him, and I don't see Runner as fast as post rebirth Barry. Runner would have to use the gem to do some wild, creative things. What has Runner exactly done with the Space Gem?

Yea I get that not doubting you. But that's still only an inertia counter right? Space gem has nothing to do with movement or speed..it
warps space...so the still force can't really negate that, can it? And iirc all he did with the gem was teleport it never actually made him faster. He just thought it did.

DarkSaint85
I think Golgos point is that if the neurons are slowed down, one cannot even think.

leonidas
seems like quick draw and runner isn't losing a quick draw to grodd. /shrug

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I think Golgos point is that if the neurons are slowed down, one cannot even think.

True. Has this been done?

Senor Cage
True. Has this been done?

Darksaint posted the scan here of Grodd slowing down EVERY cell in Flash's body. On top of that, the Still Force is powerful enough to stop all motion in the universe. If Runner wins, it will have to be through creativity.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=659531&pagenumber=2

8swords
Darksaint posted the scan here of Grodd slowing down EVERY cell in Flash's body. On top of that, the Still Force is powerful enough to stop all motion in the universe. If Runner wins, it will have to be through creativity.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

by feats, flash still managed to think, which would make it very plausible for runner to..

But with the space gem you arent technically moving you're warping reality to put you somewhere you imagined.

just curious though has the still force slowed/stopped any form of energy? thought?

Senor Cage
Originally posted by 8swords
by feats, flash still managed to think, which would make it very plausible for runner to..

just curious though has the still force slowed/stopped any form of energy? thought?

Yes, but as Darksaint pointed out, Grodd/LOD wanted Flash to operate, so it could power up the Still Force.

Sin I AM

Not what i was asking. I was asking could the still force prevent a thought based attack. That scan didn't prove that

Senor Cage
SF can stop all motion. That's what the power does on a universal scale. It stopped a speedster such as Flash. I don't see how Runner is going overcome that, unless he uses the space gem in some way that can overcome a universal force.

Sin I AM
SF can stop all motion. That's what the power does on a universal scale. It stopped a speedster such as Flash. I don't see how Runner is going overcome that, unless he uses the space gem in some way that can overcome a universal force.

Right..but the space gem isnt subject to that. It warps reality to alter space. Are u suggesting the still force is greater than that? Plus where's the counter to his charm powers and physicals? Once Grodd stops him if he can then what....I just don't think it's so cut and dry as you're suggesting

Putinbot1
The Space gem like all infinity gems is Universe specific. Grodd owns him.

Senor Cage
Right..but the space gem isnt subject to that. It warps reality to alter space. Are u suggesting the still force is greater than that? Plus where's the counter to his charm powers and physicals? Once Grodd stops him if he can then what....I just don't think it's so cut and dry as you're suggesting

Mind phuck. Grodd still is a powerful telepath.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by 8swords

It stopped Mxy temporarily. Which is a gargantuan feat.

MrMind
Oh Darksaint you handsome devil thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.