Mr Nobody invades the MCU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Mr Nobody gets bored of dicking with the Doom Patrol and decides to set his sights on MCU Earth. Can the heroes band together and find a way to stop him, or will they become the mad villain's newest playthings?

For those of you who haven't seen Doom Patrol, Mr Nobody is the reality warping antagonist of the show.

He serves as the narrator most times, and has a degree of cosmic awareness (as well as self-awareness as a show character and the ability to break the 4th Wall), as well as the ability to do things like casually tear open vortexes/singularities:

IF9-IMDONrg

As well as create portals, screw with time (and straight up time travels to different points during one episode, to look for a specific version of Jane), and mess with opponents directly (like Vic's arm cannon):

g3ypIYjDUXw

And he once even stuck a pocket reality inside a donkey, which could be accessed by going down the donkey's throat.

So, can the heroes figure out a way to beat the god-like lunatic?

Galan007
A complete Infinity Gauntlet is the MCU's only chance, imo.

Mr. Nobody is wickedly haxx in the show.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Galan007
A complete Infinity Gauntlet is the MCU's only chance, imo.

Mr. Nobody is wickedly haxx in the show.

Dr Manhattan levels of powerful?

Galan007
^ He's high-end for sure.

His higher-end showings were already mentioned in the OP, but Mr. Nobody can:
-Whip up inter-dimensional rips in the fabric of reality.
-Create pocket realities ex nihilo.
-Has a seemingly high-end level of telepathy.
-Travel through time, AND slow/stop it completely.
-Has a degree of omniscience, as he seems to control the very flow of the story/plot itself.

Surtur
The heroes end up trapped in a pocket realm for all time. Whoopsy!

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Galan007
^ He's high-end for sure.

His higher-end showings were already mentioned in the OP, but Mr. Nobody can:
-Whip up inter-dimensional rips in the fabric of reality.
-Create pocket realities ex nihilo.
-Has a seemingly high-end level of telepathy.
-Travel through time, AND slow/stop it completely.
-Has a degree of omniscience, as he seems to control the very flow of the story/plot itself.

Yeah, the only being so far who has posed a genuine threat was the Decreator. But that thing was a literal god-entity that was going to erase all of existence. So, needing help with that one isn't really a low showing IMO.

NemeBro
So is Doom Patrol worth watching?

TheVaultDweller
I've been enjoying it a lot. It's pretty out there compared to a lot of comic book shows (much like the comics themselves), adapting things like the Decreator plot-line, but they make it work for the most part. And they actually manage to do character drama without making it cringe-y, unlike the CW.

Galan007
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, the only being so far who has posed a genuine threat was the Decreator. But that thing was a literal god-entity that was going to erase all of existence. So, needing help with that one isn't really a low showing IMO. thumb up

But even in the Decreator's case, all Nobody had to do was pull some time shenanigans to neutralize it. Nobody is haxx in a way we rarely ever see in this medium.

Originally posted by NemeBro
So is Doom Patrol worth watching? I was a fan of the comics long before the show was a thing, which probably makes me even more critical of the show than most would be, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it so far. It's bizarre, though... Just know that going in. They're adapting some of the stories Morrison wrote during his hardcore LSD years, after all.

Hell, it's worth at least giving it a shot for Brenden Fraser's VA work alone, imo. Dude steals the show a lot of the time. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
I've only watched the first 3 shows...

Should I continue?

Mr. Nobody is badass???

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
So is Doom Patrol worth watching?

Yep, it's better than any of the live action Marvel shows.

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Should I continue?

Mr. Nobody is badass???

Yes and yes.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep, it's better than any of the live action Marvel shows. Even DareDevil?

Thats a hard sell man. DareDevil was ****in fantastic.

Stringer
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Even DareDevil?

I agree 100%

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Should I continue?

Mr. Nobody is badass???

I'd say it's definitely worth it to keep going. Some great episodes ahead that you haven't seen yet. Not sure I agree it's better than all the Marvel shows. As others have mentioned, we've got things like Daredevil. But that's an extremely high bar, which a show doesn't need to surpass in order to be excellent in its own right.

And yeah, Mr. Nobody is one of the most OP villains I have seen in a long time. The only real limit I have noticed so far with his power is he doesn't seem able to directly mind control/affect someone's free will, but he's shown the ability to work around that in various ways, whether it's enlisting the help of someone who can (which is a lot easier for him than most, as he can seemingly freely travel across both space and time at will), or manipulating/torturing/blackmailing the target to do what he wants anyway.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep, it's better than any of the live action Marvel shows.

It cant hold the jock of any of Marvels Netflix shows, but its still enjoyable.

tkitna
Wonder how Legion would do against Mr. Nobody?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by tkitna
Wonder how Legion would do against Mr. Nobody?

Hard to say. We still haven't seen David really cut loose yet (he was still unlocking new abilities, like that solidified astral clone trick, even in the S2 finale), but I expect we'll finally see what he's really capable of in S3, which will be the final season IIRC. Especially considering how S2 ended. After all, from David's POV, he's still only had his abilities for like 2 and a half months lol. First season took place over about 8 weeks and the second over about 10 days IIRC. And while a year did pass in between, David spent it in that weird future orb thing, which skewed his perception of the time that passed.

Whoever won, that battle would probably be really phucking weird.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Even DareDevil?

It's no where near as good as Daredevil, it's good but DD was on another level

Darth Thor
Originally posted by tkitna
It cant hold the jock of any of Marvels Netflix shows, but its still enjoyable.

If its worse than Jessica Jones S2, then id rather draw squares than watch.

TheVaultDweller
In my opinion, Doom Patrol is significantly above JJ s2. That season was a chore to watch.

tkitna
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hard to say. We still haven't seen David really cut loose yet (he was still unlocking new abilities, like that solidified astral clone trick, even in the S2 finale), but I expect we'll finally see what he's really capable of in S3, which will be the final season IIRC. Especially considering how S2 ended. After all, from David's POV, he's still only had his abilities for like 2 and a half months lol. First season took place over about 8 weeks and the second over about 10 days IIRC. And while a year did pass in between, David spent it in that weird future orb thing, which skewed his perception of the time that passed.

Whoever won, that battle would probably be really phucking weird.

Yeah, I agree about it being weird. You are way more up to date on David than I am. Its such an acid trip that I cant follow it. I basically DVR the episodes and struggle to get through them.

tkitna
Originally posted by Darth Thor
If its worse than Jessica Jones S2, then id rather draw squares than watch.

Yeah, I have to admit S2 was pretty meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.