Pound for pound what is the most powerful attack in DB?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeadpoolXXX
aside from attacks from divine beings for obvious reasons what is the most powerful or destructive attack in DB? pound for pound.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
aside from attacks from divine beings for obvious reasons what is the most powerful or destructive attack in DB? pound for pound. Depends on who you ask. Destructively vegetas on screen final flash against cell was one of the most obvious power displays. Most of what we see after are implied powerful blasts that never really show what they imply. Buus plantery bomb is another on the high scale we have seen.

DeadpoolXXX
i mean if there are 2 people with equal powers in a beam struggle, is there a certain beam that would dominate the other just because its that powerful?

also looking for special techniques that cause a lot of damage compared to the amount of power that goes into them.

ares834
Pound for pound on energy attacks? What?

DeadpoolXXX
lol ya. thought about that after the fact. poor wording on my partstick out tongue

NemeBro
The Kikosho seems particularly adept at hitting above its user's weight class.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Kikosho seems particularly adept at hitting above its user's weight class. Thats definite. Since its creation its always been a move that seem to shoot high above the users class.

BrolyBlack
Final Flash

Galan007
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Kikosho seems particularly adept at hitting above its user's weight class. thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/fmIHq0t.jpg

And if we're talking about just lethality, then I'd also add the Destructo Disc to the list. The best example of this is when Krillin, with a PL of ~75,000, nearly killed 2nd form Freeza, whose PL was upwards of 1,000,000.

Hell, up until Jiren swatted Goku's Discs away during the ToP, that technique had NEVER been blocked in canon.

NemeBro
Destruction Disc is hamstrung by the fact that it can only cut.

Past the Freeza saga every big bad could easily survive it, like Cell or Buu.

It should be great for killing "normal" fighters though, yeah. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

And if we're talking about just lethality, then I'd also add the Destructo Disc to the list. The best example of this is when Krillin, with a PL of ~75,000, nearly killed 2nd form Freeza, whose PL was upwards of 1,000,000.

Hell, up until Jiren swatted Goku's Discs away during the ToP, that technique had NEVER been blocked in canon. Didn't Cell survive when Krillin went all "rage mode" on him?

NemeBro
Think you're referring to filler from the anime.

Galan007
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Didn't Cell survive when Krillin went all "rage mode" on him? Like Nem said, that was just anime filler.

In canon, the Destructo Disc was never blocked/repelled until Jiren did so during the ToP.

DeadpoolXXX
ya the disc isnt any good against someone who can heal but its still pretty impressive i guess.

Galan007
Against someone with an uber HF(like Cell or Boo), no, a Destructo Disc wouldn't be overly effective... Perma-killing those types of characters requires generating an immensely powerful attack that can atomize their entire bodies in one fell swoop.

I was referring to the Disc's ability to damage and/or kill a 'normal' opponent who is WAY outside the user's weight class. For example: Oozaru Vegeta felt the need to dodge Krillin's Disc during the Saiyan saga, despite being ~100x more powerful. 2nd form Freeza also felt the need to dodge Krillin's Discs on Namek, even though he was upwards of 13x more powerful. Etc.

HueyFreeman
Like to throw out makankosappo. Piccolos power level always skyrockets when he uses it. It takes forever but he can hit way above his class (frost knew he couldnt get hit with it)

Bentley
For me it'll always be confusing as to how exactly did Piccolo intended to use his Special Beam Canon vs Goku in the first place

NemeBro
thumb up

Hell, up until Jiren swatted Goku's Discs away during the ToP, that technique had NEVER been blocked in canon. Tbh I legitimately think Freeza could have beaten Krillin even if he managed to cut him in half or cut his head in two. His species' capacity to survive just about anything short of complete annihilation is absurd.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/a/ab/Frieza_puts_himself_back_together.png/revision/latest?cb=20171016190919

Galan007
Oh most likely. I was mainly just referring to the Disc's ability to damage him in the first place, despite the massive difference in power. But yeah, Freeza's ability to survive grievous injuries is insane -- especially for a being with no formal healing factor.

You can dice him into small bits, and it STILL doesn't kill him, ffs:
https://i.imgur.com/y0uZINF.gif

cdtm
I can't picture the Kikoho beating the Kamehameha.

It's so much smaller, how could it destroy the attack? Maybe pass through it, as we saw happen in Yuyuhakoso.

Jmanghan
Yeah cause we measure DB energy attacks with "pounds".

Galan007
I was kind of wondering how many pounds a standard Kamehameha weighs? Maybe that's why the Kikoho is more powerful... It simply weighs more. thumb up

Jmanghan
I was kind of wondering how many pounds a standard Kamehameha weighs? Maybe that's why the Kikoho is more powerful... It simply weighs more. thumb up xD

Dark-Kenshin
They are all generic balls of light and there is literally no reason to shout the attack names out! Canonically though, the Ki-ko-ho is superior to the kamehameha!

SSJGGogeta

HueyFreeman
I got a question. Although it wasnt cannon what the hell was up with pikons thunderflash? He was spamming the hell out that move and it didnt look like it taxed him to do so.

Ridley_Prime
Good question. Despite the name, it just looked like some generic fire in appearance, though its weakness was the startup time it took to activate it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.