Movies that Don't Answer Why Didn't They Do that Before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOneFirestorm
A common trope in movies is a character or characters obviously could use a beneficial action except they don't in the movie, or they use a beneficial action later.

Good or great writing will eliminate that from being a plot hole with a logical believable explanation for why a character or characters doesn't use a certain beneficial action, or don't use a beneficial action until later.

Maximum Overdrive
The Trucks finally decide to drive through the diner after the humans left the freakin diner.

That is something the Trucks should have done after being filled up with gasoline except the Trucks don't do that because of awful writing.

Nothing was stopping the Trucks from driving through the freakin diner while the humans were inside.

I've heard a person say that this isn't supposed to be unanswered for why the trucks didn't drive through the diner while the humans were inside which is a lame excuse for awful writing.

jaden_2.0
Like not flying the one ring straight to Mordor and not explaining that the eagles apparently didn't give a **** about Sauron until after the hard work was done.

TheOneFirestorm
Dragon Ball Evolution
Master Roshi wastes hours in a damn freakin pit instead of just jumping out of the freakin Pit.
I say hours because when he and 2 other characters fall in the Pit the sun is out, and with the moon shown and black sky it's unmistakable it's freakin Night.

0 reasons stated why he waited hours to jump out of a damn pit, nothing was preventing him from jumping out earlier.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm

Maximum Overdrive
The Trucks finally decide to drive through the diner after the humans left the freakin diner.

That is something the Trucks should have done after being filled up with gasoline except the Trucks don't do that because of awful writing.

Nothing was stopping the Trucks from driving through the freakin diner while the humans were inside.

Are you talking about the film or Stephen King's short story it was based on?

I don't think I ever saw the movie but in the novel it was explained that the trucks (& cars) needed the humans alive to manually/physically fill their tanks with gas (& possible repairs)...so it was necessary to keep them alive.

Obviously the logic in short stories will fall apart (& be scrutinised more) when expanded into a film.

Juk3n
Every haunted house movie ever.

Super scary weird shit happens, direct contact with what can ONLY be described as a demon or ghost.

"We need to find out what's going on here"

2 hours later.

"We need to escape"

Inhuman
Didnt know where to post this....

https://i.imgur.com/79onOyw.png

Dr Will Hatch
Why didn't Thanos just create infinite resources or sterilize the population?

Surtur
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Why didn't Thanos just create infinite resources or sterilize the population?

He just likes to kill people and wanted the ability to do it on a massive scale.

Someone who just cared about the universe would never have a space throne.

KingD19
Well I'll say the problem with infinite resources is that then the people blessed by infinity will infinitely produce and repopulate. World hunger doesn't need to be an issue when overcrowding is. 7 billion people is already a lot. If we had no fear of running out of food or fuels or what have you, we'd have another population boom and another until we were living on top of each other. And that's just Earth.

And the issue with sterilization is that he's literally doomed the future because as of the moment he did that, even newborn babies can no longer reproduce, so everyone will just die off in a few decades.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
Well I'll say the problem with infinite resources is that then the people blessed by infinity will infinitely produce and repopulate. World hunger doesn't need to be an issue when overcrowding is. 7 billion people is already a lot. If we had no fear of running out of food or fuels or what have you, we'd have another population boom and another until we were living on top of each other. And that's just Earth.

And the issue with sterilization is that he's literally doomed the future because as of the moment he did that, even newborn babies can no longer reproduce, so everyone will just die off in a few decades.

So what you're saying is all he needs to do is make people sterile *and* immortal...

Also how is killing half the universe not merely a temporary solution?

KingD19
I never said the snap was any sort of solution. But It would definitely take an insanely long time to approach the numbers that once were.

Surtur
I just think that if he really truly sat down and tried to think of solutions...he could have come up with something better than "kill half the universe" if this was truly about helping the universe.

This is why, IMO, his being obsessed with death would have made more sense as a motive.

Dr Will Hatch
^ Exactly.

He comes off like a delusional moron in Infinity War and someone who just really wanted an excuse to kill people.

Slowpoke
In MoS, why didn't the Kryptonians move to the Phantom Zone to avoid annihilation?

Also why wasn't Lara El punished for natural born?

KingD19
Originally posted by Surtur
I just think that if he really truly sat down and tried to think of solutions...he could have come up with something better than "kill half the universe" if this was truly about helping the universe.

This is why, IMO, his being obsessed with death would have made more sense as a motive.

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^ Exactly.

He comes off like a delusional moron in Infinity War and someone who just really wanted an excuse to kill people.

Okay. Well I'm not defending Thanos or his actions at all. I was simply pointing out why "infinit resources" and "immortality" were also not actual fixes to the perceived problems he had with all the races of the universe.

Valkorion
the last jedi and hyperdrive rams

Surtur
Originally posted by Slowpoke
In MoS, why didn't the Kryptonians move to the Phantom Zone to avoid annihilation?

Also why wasn't Lara El punished for natural born?

Lol if we're gonna discuss MoS, why was Jor-El able to put up any sort of fight at all against someone genetically bred to be a warrior? Why didn't the Kryptonians just go terraform Mars?

Surtur

Esau Cairn
Interstellar.

Earth is dying because of dust storms & crop blight.

The solution is to build a space habitat outside of Saturn.

The space habitat is literally a big glass house.

Why didn't they just build glass houses on earth to protect their crops?

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol if we're gonna discuss MoS, why was Jor-El able to put up any sort of fight at all against someone genetically bred to be a warrior? Why didn't the Kryptonians just go terraform Mars?

That scene was stupid, what's the purpose to let the antagonist get owned 1v1 in the beginning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.