2019 Greatest Year in History of Fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This will be the greatest year in the history of fiction, cinema. Think about all the biggest franchises coming to an end. The MCU is coming to an ending to their first three phases in the biggest collection of films in history.

Game of Thrones is coming to a close after almost a decade. The end of the new Star Wars trilogy. Never will so many huge properties end huge phases that took years to build up to in our lifetimes. This is it. You heard it here first.

smile

Talon Fang
TBH I have found most of it to be pretty forgettable. Yeah I had fun watching it but fill no great desire to go back to it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Talon Fang
TBH I have found most of it to be pretty forgettable. Yeah I had fun watching it but fill no great desire to go back to it. What was forgettable?

jaden_2.0
Still got The Mandalorian and whatever GoT spin off they decide on to look forward to. The supposed hiatus for SW movies will last 3 years tops before they announce something then another 2 before they release another movie.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Still got The Mandalorian and whatever GoT spin off they decide on to look forward to. The supposed hiatus for SW movies will last 3 years tops before they announce something then another 2 before they release another movie. None of it will it end until the money runs dry. I meant major stories that spanned many years.

Star Wars fans ruined the every year thing. Shitty fanbase the Internet crybabies who complain about everything. They got what they wanted.

BruceSkywalker
i wouldn't be at all surprised if Disney announces some more star wars tv shows and possible movies at their own expo in a few months

Bentley
I no longer follow GoT nor the MCU but I agree that it's going to be a big year for the fans. This kind of reminds me at the year where the last Harry Potter books were released, it's nice to live through such a milestone.

Obviously for me it's not the greatest year in the history of fiction but it's a very important one for entertainment media so no hate here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
I no longer follow GoT nor the MCU but I agree that it's going to be a big year for the fans. This kind of reminds me at the year where the last Harry Potter books were released, it's nice to live through such a milestone.

Obviously for me it's not the greatest year in the history of fiction but it's a very important one for entertainment media so no hate here. How could you not follow either. I am shocked no one else figured out this is the best year in fiction before me. I am truly great.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by quanchi112
How could you not follow either.

He's French...

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's French... Pitiful country I know but he should strive to be as unfrench as he can be.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Talon Fang
TBH I have found most of it to be pretty forgettable. Yeah I had fun watching it but fill no great desire to go back to it.

Pretty much. Kinda meh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Pretty much. Kinda meh. Meh to what?

Dr Will Hatch
2012 and 2015 imo have been the best years for movies this decade.

2012 had the one two punch of The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, as well as a bunch of other great shit like Django Unchained, Wreck It Ralph, The Cabin In The Woods, Les Miserables, The Place Beyond The Pines, etc.

2015 had Mad Max: Fury Road, Inside Out, Sicario, The Revenant, The Hateful Eight, Ant-Man, Jurassic World, etc.

NemeBro
It's true. After all, Joker comes out in 2019. thumb up

Bentley
I tried GoT and MCU but got tired of them. Unlike Harry Potter where you could clearly see a massive shift in narratives I think developments on those two universes weren't big improvements.

I still consider them to be somewhat entertaining, but nothing I'd watch in the movies or save myself from spoilers. I'm not really a fan tbh

WolvesofBabylon
Much more excited for GOT than MCU. I do agree most of the movies while entertaining have been forgettable. Infinity War was the first one to really have some emotional weight to it and I think Endgame will as well unless everyone survives. With that said I am excited to see how it all ends and has been awesome seeing the Comics brought to the bog screen

However I do agree with your overall point.

Bentley
Holy sh_t, the Greatest Year in History of Fiction seems to be overly mediocre so far embarrasment

John Murdoch
The MCU went from pretty good to my favorite fictional franchise from Phase 2-3 onward. The quality on the movies has kept improving to the point where I like many really look forward to each of their titles, with the big dogs (Avengers 1, Infinity War, Endgame, Cap: Winter Soldier, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, GotG 1 & 2) being amongst my favorite films in their respective genre as well as hitting historical filmmaking milestones. Only James Bond is in the same ballpark at this point for me personally, but that's a combo of quality, nostalgia, and Roger Moore's dapperness talking there.

Ready to see how Thrones ends, but I'm just not the biggest fan of these "wow" blockbuster moments taking precedence over character development and a good slow build-up to a massive moment. Last season when they traded a wight for a dragon (the same dragon which was REQUIRED to get through the wall for the Whitewalkers), I just threw in the towel and said I'll just enjoy the ride till it ends. The suspense is about all gone, but I'll see it through.

The Star Wars sequel trilogy is either a love it or hate it thing now after The Last Jedi, but I really like some things about it and loathe things about it more than anything else in the Star Wars franchise. Like Force Awakens, loved Rogue One, was 50/50 on TLJ, but I'm meh on Rise of Skywalker. Cool to have more Star Wars lore, really really really disappointed in the narrative choices Disney and co made.

I was extremely satisfied with Endgame and even DC's Shazam!, so yes, it's a very good year for franchise fiction so far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.