Doctor Manhattan vs Thanos W/IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
who wins

BrolyBlack
DM one shots him and destroys the gauntlet.

Galan007
It would be a rehash of this scene, imo:

http://i.imgur.com/8JjTl26h.jpg

....Except he'd just be commenting on how quaint the "infinity" gems are.

"Id"
Are we talking about the classic gauntlet?

How Thanos dealt with heroes and cosmic order was more much more impressive.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Galan007
It would be a rehash of this scene, imo:

http://i.imgur.com/8JjTl26h.jpg

....Except he'd just be commenting on how quaint the "infinity" gems are.

What did Manhattan do to suggest he would stomp IG Thanos? Genuinely curious.

Philosophía
Warped reality to a degree that Mxy couldn't undo or match, by his own admission.

Mr Master
Which doesn't relate to Marvel in any way.

I only remember the representative force of TOAA being able to challenge Warlock,
and even then, the representative force of TOAA was unsure if it could actually win.

And Thanos was more adept than Warlock with the IG, so go figure.

Before the HOTI came into Starlin's mind 11 years after the IG, retconnoing its status,
the IG, in Starlin's vision, was the in-universe power of God!

Senor Cage
I'd go with Manhattan.

xJLxKing

Senor Cage
Mxy was weakened and only trapped temporarily.

BTW, we do know that Manhattan manipulated reality

xJLxKing

Senor Cage
I'm talking about the Mr. Oz case. Mxy did end up getting out of his prison.

xJLxKing
Yeah he did but he also admitted that he had to hide from him hence the double Clark time line

Senor Cage
But Oz had no real power over him. The prison was more of an annoyance than anything, Still, a good feat for Oz/Jor-El, which shows how insane his tech was. It also imprisoned Doomsday, too.

xJLxKing

Senor Cage
Of course not. I was just pointing out Oz's tech and how uber it was at the time. A. Mxy was weakened. B. Mxy STILL got out of his prison. It's not something to really point out.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Senor Cage

Of course not. I was just pointing out Oz's tech and how uber it was at the time.

A. Mxy was weakened. B. Mxy STILL got out of his prison.

It's not something to really point out.
Like Zantanna weakened him?

----------------------

Now yall are finally starting to notice how shit never follows a straight line in comics.

xJLxKing
Of course not. I was just pointing out Oz's tech and how uber it was at the time. A. Mxy was weakened. B. Mxy STILL got out of his prison. It's not something to really point out.
I'm aware he got out
But you're forgetting that he also left because of Oz. He clearly still viewed him as a threat. You're forgetting that if the writer actually knew how powerful Mxy used to be portrayed, he wouldn't be too scared of a kryptonian or their tech..considering he has erased infinite multiverse worth of them

I'm quite sure Zantanna weakened him

Senor Cage
Mxy viewed him as a threat, but he really wasn't. Let's be real here. Jor-El didn't do anything on panel that showed he was a real threat to Mxy, and the fact that Mxy got out of his prison, casually, while weakened, proved this.

Mr Master
Perhaps Mxy is lying about Dr Manhattan also.

Senor Cage
Perhaps, perhaps. But so far, Mxy said he was scared of him and he couldn't re-write what he did.

Mr Master
All characters are subject to the whims of different writers unfortunately.

This is where pis/cis and inconsistencies develop.

Senor Cage
Maybe, but Mxy stated this more than once, across different issues. It wasn't just a one time thing.

xJLxKing
He said it one. You have one statement to back up that Dr.M>Mxy.
You don't apply that same logic to Oz because it's more clear that Mxy>Oz.

Ill wait to see how this develops.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Shouldn't Thanos in the home dimension be infinitely beyond Dr. Manhattan? I've caught up on Doomsday Clock, but I don't know how this is any fight yet, even with him warping reality by making alterations throughout time. The fight with the heroes was nothing impressive at all at this level.

If he thought Firestorm and Captain Atom were annoying.....he's getting turned into a blue dildo with a snap.

BrolyBlack
Nah

Rage.Of.Olympus

Senor Cage
Originally posted by xJLxKing
He said it one. You have one statement to back up that Dr.M>Mxy.
You don't apply that same logic to Oz because it's more clear that Mxy>Oz.

Ill wait to see how this develops.

Galan already made a detailed post about it, IIRC. Mxy mentioned it at least twice, across a few issues. I don't think he was lying about it, either.

Senor Cage
All three mentions are here.

https://www.quora.com/Who-would-win-in-a-fight-between-Doctor-Manhattan-and-Mr-Mxyzptlk

Rage.Of.Olympus
All three mentions are here.

https://www.quora.com/Who-would-win-in-a-fight-between-Doctor-Manhattan-and-Mr-Mxyzptlk

Thank you for the link.

In the first post with Superman and Oz (For the record, that was a surprising low-tier Mxy. Lowest since the Zatarra and Superman-Prime showing?)?

That's all very vague and inconclusive.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thank you for the link.

In the first post with Superman and Oz (For the record, that was a surprising low-tier Mxy. Lowest since the Zatarra and Superman-Prime showing?)?

That's all very vague and inconclusive.

The being Mxy is referring to is vague, but we all know who screwed with continuity, thanks to Doomsday Clock.

MrMind
I personally dislike the statements of Manhattan being above Mxy.

We have not seen the limit of Manhattan. But so far Manhattan has not done anything that compares to Mxy's best feats.

I really wish to be proven wrong after Doomsday Clock is over. Although I highly doubt it

Senor Cage
Manhattan destroys.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
In the first post with Superman and Oz (For the record, that was a surprising low-tier Mxy. Lowest since the Zatarra and Superman-Prime showing?)? Low showings? Not at all.

In the first scan(with Superman), Mxy was actually written to a really high level. He casually created the 'Infinite Planet' -- basically his own 5D variation of the Daily Planet, which housed an infinite number of timelines/life traps *just* to try and trap Superman and Lois.

In the second scan(with Oz), a trans-dimensional booby trap was placed, so when Mxy 'ported to earth to phuck with Superman, he was instantly transported to that featureless 'Negative Space' you see he and Oz talking in. That realm was supposed to nullify ALL of Mxy's powers and keep him trapped there... But as shown a few pages later: once Mxy had his fill of that realm, he was able to use his power to 'port out of it unaided.

Laminator_X
For all his power, Doctor Manhattan is slow on the uptake, not really a fighter, and easily confused/distracted by the novel or the unexpected. Even with the less absolutely powerful presentations of the Gauntlet, Thanos would wreck Osterman by virtue of being someone for whom battling mighty foes is as natural as breathing. In particular, Thanos excels at presenting out-of-context problems to his enemies, which is exactly how you'd want to set up Manhattan for a fall.

Thanos could of course have a self-sabotage flare-up, but if his own intermittant CIS doesn't rear its head, he should be able to exploit's Jon's more or less character-defining CIS.

CatL18
Considering the fact Manhattan oversees DC metaverse, he is not bound by setting which can change.
Thanos has no chance because he is still boun by settings.

Demon of Heaven
Sigh, anyone with classic IG stomps. Not in question at all

Senor Cage
Thanos doesn't really have a chance against a Metaversal being, whom Mxy is afraid of.

Demon of Heaven
Thanos doesn't really have a chance against a Metaversal being, whom Mxy is afraid of.

What exactly do you consider a meteversal being? And what has he done to show this? Feats/hype whatever will do

And mxy varies so much that honestly isnt all that impressive

Senor Cage
Mxy doesn't vary at all. Snyder is showing a weakened Mxy erasing ALL of creation. Mxy was unable to undo Manhattan's alterations to the greater Meta/Megaverse. Thanos simply doesn't have access to such power.

Mr Master
Thanos is just GOD! ...

and on panel regarding the classic IG:

ONLY the representative in-universe power of TOAA was able to challenge it.

DC's counter-part to the in-universe power of the writer is the only threat.

fin.

DeadpoolXXX
roll eyes (sarcastic) manny wins.

Senor Cage
At this point Superman is above Thanos. Manhattan sweeps.

Flyattractor
Movie Thanos showed now great feats of intellect. Movie DM in a uber Stomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.