Sri Lankan bombings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
To explain Tamil separatists are Buddhists and probably behind the Easter bombings. A personal note about this I've stayed at the Shangrila it's a good hotel. Columbo is a beautiful place as is Sri Lanka, hope this gets sorted quickly since the Tigers were defeated, Sri Lanka has been very safe.

jaden_2.0
Are they still brown though? Cos that matters.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Are they still brown though? Cos that matters. Yeah, and short. They look like Indians.

BrolyBlack
Awful

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, and short. They look like Indians.

Get them on the list.

Surtur
Awful. Plus also kinda funny someone made it about race almost immediately. Makes me smile. In fact, I plan to think about this and whistle a jaunty tune.

*whistles Andy Griffith theme*

jaden_2.0
InB4thoM8

Surtur
InB4thoM8

Ah so you did it cuz you thought someone else would, but you wanted to be first?

That's good stuff, and a thumbs up for opening up this thread for trolling thumb up

jaden_2.0
InB4tht2.

Surtur

jaden_2.0
Awful

Surtur
So very awful. Just awful.

Emperordmb
Is the term Christianphobia gonna be popularized now? Probably not.

The victims were, after all, "Easter worshippers"

Surtur
Of course the moment those caught(13 so far) are found guilty in a court they should be executed.

ArtificialGlory
Tamil Tigers?

Surtur
That sounds like a boy band.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Surtur
That sounds like a boy band.
Yeah. Though I just found out they were defeated in 2009 and are inactive.

Surtur
So authorities are saying this was suicide bombers.

Shocking! Intriguing!

Patient_Leech
So authorities are saying this was suicide bombers.

Shocking! Intriguing!

Of the Islamic persuasion? (Is there any other kind?)

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Of the Islamic persuasion? (Is there any other kind?)

It was those damn Buddhist suicide bombers.

I don't think the authorites actually came out and said "these were islamists". They did compare them to ISIS and Al Queda and said it was an "international network".

Clearly an international network for Buddhist and Jainist terrorists.

Putinbot1
Of the Islamic persuasion? (Is there any other kind?) As someone who was blown up in Cairo by Ansar Bayt, a muslim terrorist organisation allied to ISIS at the time and has observed terrorism first hand on a number of occasions, I will state these radicals are as disliked by normal muslims as they are by Christians and Atheists like me.

Patient_Leech
As someone who was blown up in Cairo by Ansar Bayt, a muslim terrorist organisation allied to ISIS at the time and has observed terrorism first hand on a number of occasions, I will state these radicals are as disliked by normal muslims as they are by Christians and Atheists like me.

Possibly more, because they give the religion such a "bad reputation."

But as outsiders looking in, those damn holy books do seem to contain some justification. Allah-forbid anyone talk honestly about that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Putinbot1

Surtur
Possibly more, because they give the religion such a "bad reputation."

But as outsiders looking in, those damn holy books do seem to contain some justification. Allah-forbid anyone talk honestly about that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yet we're also told calling them "islamic terrorists" is bad because it would offend non-terrorist muslims.

I'm not even kidding this is a legit argument that has been made lol.

So if you're a white guy and you're told white men who rape are pieces of dog shit and you yourself aren't a rapist...do you get butthurt over it?

Patient_Leech
Yet we're also told calling them "islamic terrorists" is bad because it would offend non-terrorist muslims.

I'm not even kidding this is a legit argument that has been made lol.

So if you're a white guy and you're told white men who rape are pieces of dog shit and you yourself aren't a rapist...do you get butthurt over it?

That's an example of the Left eating itself.

Speaking of the Left eating itself, I recently came across this guy trashing Sam Harris for his criticism of Islam and it got on my nerves. He starts out by calling Harris an "a**hole," which is the first red flag that he's not going to be particularly fair. roll eyes (sarcastic) I only watched about the first 1/3 of it, but I noticed some less-than-honest tactics, so I couldn't stomach anymore...

Z92RVCXKxWY&t=573s

Putinbot1

Speaking of the Left eating itself, I recently came across this guy trashing Sam Harris for his criticism of Islam and it got on my nerves. He starts out by calling Harris an "a**hole," which is the first red flag that he's not going to be particularly fair. roll eyes (sarcastic) I only watched about the first 1/3 of it, but I noticed some less-than-honest tactics, so I couldn't stomach anymore...

Z92RVCXKxWY&t=573s

A big problem on the internet is confirmation bias, I think everyone is a victim and a perpetrator. We can all find supporters of our entrenched positions, so we get no real dialogue. Real life is like it too, people rarely change opinions. I think most people don't want to.

Patient_Leech
A big problem on the internet is confirmation bias, I think everyone is a victim and a perpetrator. We can all find supporters of our entrenched positions, so we get no real dialogue. Real life is like it too, people rarely change opinions. I think most people don't want to.

Oh, yeah. And the other problem with the internet is that you can find just about any opinion to confirm that you want.

For example, my dad has sent me articles from Answers in Genesis trying to dissuade me of my heathen evolutionary ways. Ugh... that site is nauseating.

ArtificialGlory

Z92RVCXKxWY&t=573s
Steve Shives, The Man Who Blocked The World. A known pissant.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Steve Shives, The Man Who Blocked The World. A known pissant.

Hm.. what else is he known for? Anything that I should be aware of?

Cause the video is surprisingly well done, he's just intellectually dishonest.

ArtificialGlory
Hm.. what else is he known for? Anything that I should be aware of?

Cause the video is surprisingly well done, he's just intellectually dishonest.
He's known for blocking anyone who even remotely disagrees with his social justice-y, intersectional identity politics and for making a weird video where his own wife basically berates him for being a white, straight male and liking "problematic" shows like 'Angel'. He looks physically intimidated in said video.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot another one. Steve has himself admitted that if he had the power, he would actively censor people whose opinions differ from his own.

Patient_Leech
He's known for blocking anyone who even remotely disagrees with his social justice-y, intersectional identity politics and for making a weird video where his own wife basically berates him for being a white, straight male and liking "problematic" shows like 'Angel'. He looks physically intimidated in said video.

Okay, that's interesting. Because he did say he would delete certain comments.

If you can provide links when you get a chance I'd be curious.

Thanks.

ArtificialGlory
Okay, that's interesting. Because he did say he would delete certain comments.

If you can provide links when you get a chance I'd be curious.

Thanks.
MxQVw02nK5U
i8I69wKED0U

I haven't found the weird video with his wife, but I'll keep looking.

Patient_Leech
EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot another one. Steve has himself admitted that if he had the power, he would actively censor people whose opinions differ from his own.

Holy shit. What a douche.

Thanks, I'll check out the videos when I get a chance. thumb up

Putinbot1
Oh, yeah. And the other problem with the internet is that you can find just about any opinion to confirm that you want.

For example, my dad has sent me articles from Answers in Genesis trying to dissuade me of my heathen evolutionary ways. Ugh... that site is nauseating. Haha, true, at least he has a sense of humour.

Patient_Leech
Haha, true, at least he has a sense of humour.

Oh, no. There's no sense of humor. My dad is a fundamentalist Christian.. heh. sad

Putinbot1
Oh, no. There's no sense of humor. My dad is a fundamentalist Christian. heh. sad It becomes clear why you are so strongly against religion now. At least the two of you still get on which is good.

Patient_Leech
It becomes clear why you are so strongly against religion now. At least the two of you still get on which is good.

Yeah, we get along. We just don't talk about religion. smile

And unfortunately it seems nothing is going to make my dad lose his faith. Not even the death of his first born (my oldest brother) 13 years ago. Cause of death: suicide, basically brought on by religion.

Putinbot1

ArtificialGlory
Holy shit. What a douche.

Thanks, I'll check out the videos when I get a chance. thumb up
Thing is, he made at least one video in the past where he viciously ripped on Islam. He has of course removed that video since.

Emperordmb

Z92RVCXKxWY&t=573s
Weird how the left has no problem with people like Sam, and people like Dawkins, when they're criticizing Christianity, that's just them criticizing a set of ideas. But when they criticize Islam... they're hateful bigots.

I think it's because they view Christianity as a set of ideas... but they view Islam as a race for some reason.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Weird how the left has no problem with people like Sam, and people like Dawkins, when they're criticizing Christianity, that's just them criticizing a set of ideas. But when they criticize Islam... they're hateful bigots.

I think it's because they view Christianity as a set of ideas... but they view Islam as a race for some reason. You see DMB, I think religion around the world serves lots of different purposes depending on Culture. I've said it to you before, I'm an atheist but I respect your right to worship.

Patient_Leech

ArtificialGlory
Well, I was able to find at least a fragment of the video of Steve taking shit from his radfem wife. 2:20 to 4:00 is the relevant bit. Wouldn't we all want a relationship like this?
4GwCcdsQ-Mo&t=242s

Surtur
Well, I was able to find at least a fragment of the video of Steve taking shit from his radfem wife. 2:20 to 4:00 is the relevant bit. Wouldn't we all want a relationship like this?
4GwCcdsQ-Mo&t=242s

Lol this shows the best Shives moment...feeling bad cuz he likes Angel more than Buffy. Pure comedy.

BrolyBlack
Look how triggered Jaden is nowlaughing out loud

He's changed his title to Awful after being racist.laughing out loud

Surtur
Speaking of comedy, lol...both Hillary and Obama gave condolence tweets about this that used the phrase "easter worshipers" instead of "Christians".

But...there isn't a religion in existence that actually "worships" easter so this makes no sense. Why can't they say the word "Christian"?

*Checks* He said "Muslim" for christ church and not "mosque worshipers". Weird.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Look how triggered Jaden is nowlaughing out loud

He's changed his title to Awful after being racist.laughing out loud

I did that ages ago. Not very observant, are you?

BrolyBlack
Are they still brown though? Cos that matters.

What a racist pos. Your mother should of aborted you.

BrolyBlack

Nah, you did that yesterday, but keep lying about it, you dont have any honor anyway.

Putinbot1

You triggered him bad in the GOT thread mate, he has not calmed down since.

BrolyBlack
I havent posted in any GOT threads.

Putinbot1
I havent posted in any GOT threads. It got removed mate along with Jaden's post by Imp. When he triggered you, remember?

BrolyBlack
It got removed mate along with Jaden's post by Imp. When he triggered you, remember?

Remember your 60 and act less mature than your own kids

Surtur
We should get back to discussing the deaths of the easter worshipers.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Robtard
Islam is largely based off Judaism and Christianity as Mohammed (peas be upon him) just co-opted most of his ideas. eg Are you unaware of the outright blood-shedding in the Old Testament?

Again, religion is what the individual pulls out of it; you can use it to condemn or you can use it to do good in equal measures.

Lestov16
Islam is Desert Mormonism. I said this months ago and no one listened.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Islam is largely based off Judaism and Christianity as Mohammed (peas be upon him) just co-opted most of his ideas. eg Are you unaware of the outright blood-shedding in the Old Testament?

Again, religion is what the individual pulls out of it; you can use it to condemn or you can use it to do good in equal measures.

Which religion inflicts the most suffering on the world at the current time?

Surtur
Originally posted by Lestov16
Islam is Desert Mormonism. I said this months ago and no one listened.

Oh I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to stab a non-believer in the brain...

Patient_Leech
MxQVw02nK5U
i8I69wKED0U

I haven't found the weird video with his wife, but I'll keep looking. Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
4GwCcdsQ-Mo&t=242s

Thanks for finding those.

Yeah, sounds like he got pussy-whipped and stopped making sense.

I argue with my wife about certain stuff, for better or for worse for the marriage, heh. Not gonna compromise when it comes to intellectual rigor.

Surtur
Poor Steve, sneaking off to watch episodes of Angel in secret so his wife doesn't find out.

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Surtur
If she asks him who would win in a lightsaber fight Rey or Luke I think he'd kill himself.

BrolyBlack
Whos steve?

Patient_Leech
Whos steve?

The guy in the videos ArtificalGlory posted. I reposted them at the bottom of Page 3.

Surtur
Steve Shives lol. This hilarious snowflake youtuber, Bearing has been making fun of him for years:

Steve Shives - Husband, YouTuber, Angel Fan, Moral Superior

4GwCcdsQ-Mo

Surtur
Bearing's latest Steve video from a month ago:

Steve Shives throws mad shade at Pewdiepie

xSA8Q2cuqz4

Darth Thor
As someone who was blown up in Cairo by Ansar Bayt, a muslim terrorist organisation allied to ISIS at the time and has observed terrorism first hand on a number of occasions, I will state these radicals are as disliked by normal muslims as they are by Christians and Atheists like me.

Exactly. Thats something Muslim haters dont want to hear or acknowledge.

In fact normal Muslims are by far the biggest victims of these kind of attacks, and they are the ones who truly love in fear from terrorists.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor

In fact normal Muslims are by far the biggest victims of these kind of attacks, and they are the ones who truly love in fear from terrorists.

Bingo

Darth Thor
Which religion inflicts the most suffering on the world at the current time?

Theres no Religion that im aware of that is in and of itself inflicting suffering on the world.

If you are basing your question on the fact that some Muslims kill, then theres so much wrong with that logic that I wouldnt know where to start addressing that kind of absurd and clearly false equivalency.

Putinbot1

In fact normal Muslims are by far the biggest victims of these kind of attacks, and they are the ones who truly love in fear from terrorists. Exactly!

Putinbot1
Theres no Religion that im aware of that is in and of itself inflicting suffering on the world.

If you are basing your question on the fact that some Muslims kill, then theres so much wrong with that logic that I wouldnt know where to start addressing that kind of absurd and clearly false equivalency. I agree totally.

Surtur

I don't like islamic extremists, but it doesn't irk me one bit to hear muslims don't like these shitheads who are exploding themselves.

That would be like getting triggered over the fact not all germans were nazis.

Patient_Leech
Yes, Muslims themselves are by far the most affected by Islam's bullshit. That's well established. So to speak out against Islam is to care about the suffering of Muslims in Muslim-majority countries. They just have the sheer bad luck of being born there.

Surtur
Yes, Muslims themselves are by far the most affected by Islam's bullshit. That's well established. So to speak out against Islam is to care about the suffering of Muslims in Muslim-majority countries. They just have the sheer bad luck of being born there.

I mean, most of this terrorism comes from countries with heavy muslim populations lol. So it's true to say most victims are muslims because...again: logic.

Just like more whites die in this country at the hands of cops compared to blacks, but then this makes sense cuz we kinda out number them.

So you just gotta laugh at any retard bending over backwards to go "Bingo!" to this "revelation". Nobody in this thread even asserted anything to the contrary, but it needed to be cried about specifically in this thread cuz...I dunno, the muslims are the real victims here.

Surtur
Christianity under attack? Sri Lanka church bombings stoke far-right anger in the West.

Stay classy Washington Post. And for those still too stunned to even think given the great revelation we just had, let Surtur translate this article for you:

When muslims are killed en masse we have to worry about those mean right wing christians.

When christians are killed en masse we...still have to worry about those mean right wing christians.

Emperordmb
No no no Surtur, it wasn't Christians who were attacked, it was "Easter worshipers"

Surtur
ISIS has claimed responsibility. Why do they hate these chocolate bunny eaters so much?

Robtard
Weird, Trump assured me ISIS was "destroyed and no longer a threat" or something. Anyhow.

ISIS said this attack was in retaliation for the Muslims that were massacred in the Christchurch shooting. Sri Lankan authorities believe it's highly possible ISIS is responsible.

It's a shame ISIS and these incels just couldn't shoot themselves or each other and leave peaceful people be.

carthage

Thor is right
very clearly Islam is the only religion and people that suffer from the rare occurrence of suicide bombings, beheadings, forced prostitution/subjugation of ethnic minorities, taking over entire destabilized regions and then forcing people into their religion

Muslims are clearly the victims here

Patient_Leech
I mean, most of this terrorism comes from countries with heavy muslim populations lol. So it's true to say most victims are muslims because...again: logic.

Just like more whites die in this country at the hands of cops compared to blacks, but then this makes sense cuz we kinda out number them.

So you just gotta laugh at any retard bending over backwards to go "Bingo!" to this "revelation". Nobody in this thread even asserted anything to the contrary, but it needed to be cried about specifically in this thread cuz...I dunno, the muslims are the real victims here. Originally posted by carthage
Thor is right
very clearly Islam is the only religion and people that suffer from the rare occurrence of suicide bombings, beheadings, forced prostitution/subjugation of ethnic minorities, taking over entire destabilized regions and then forcing people into their religion

You guys are both displaying your lack of compassion and also completely missing the point.

The point is that people who criticize Islam are often accused of being bigoted and hateful towards Muslims, but it is primarily Muslims who are the victims of the anti-liberal values, misogyny, and violence (etc) that is pushed through Islam. So, to speak out in criticism of Islam is to care about the primary victims of it: Muslims.

And don't forget about apostates because it is a crime punishable by death. These are the people we need more and more of: critics of the faith.

And of course, on the other side of this there's the idea that even moderate Muslims, to the degree that they push the Koran, Sharia Law, etc, also provide legitimacy for the extreme violence. But no doubt the majority of them are indoctrinated and sheltered from birth and therefore not entirely culpable.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
Thor is right

And whose usually the target of those Suicide Bombings and Beheadings? Oh thats right - Muslims.

But as for Beheadings, Do you guys not still have the Electric chair? And of course aerial bombardment is so much more moral than suicide bombings.

Forced prostitution of Minorities? Yeah theres no forced prostitution anywhere else in the world, and certainly no prejudice towards Minorities.

You mean criminals taking over destabilised regions which our countries destabilised? Yeah the Irony there.

Yeah its not like Christianity has any history of forced conversions anywhere right?

Have to love all the stupidity in this post of yours though Carthage.

Darth Thor
Christianity under attack? Sri Lanka church bombings stoke far-right anger in the West.

Stay classy Washington Post. And for those still too stunned to even think given the great revelation we just had, let Surtur translate this article for you:

When muslims are killed en masse we have to worry about those mean right wing christians.

When christians are killed en masse we...still have to worry about those mean right wing christians.

Or we could just worry about hatred to all faiths and minorities.

Are you on board with that Surtur?

Putinbot1

Are you on board with that Surtur? thumb up Good post.

Surtur
You guys are both displaying your lack of compassion and also completely missing the point.

The point is that people who criticize Islam are often accused of being bigoted and hateful towards Muslims, but it is primarily Muslims who are the victims of the anti-liberal values, misogyny, and violence (etc) that is pushed through Islam. So, to speak out in criticism of Islam is to care about the primary victims of it: Muslims.

And don't forget about apostates because it is a crime punishable by death. These are the people we need more and more of: critics of the faith.

And of course, on the other side of this there's the idea that even moderate Muslims, to the degree that they push the Koran, Sharia Law, etc, also provide legitimacy for the extreme violence. But no doubt the majority of them are indoctrinated and sheltered from birth and therefore not entirely culpable.

Sure, I care about any innocent muslim. They don't deserve to get exploded because they don't measure up to some nutjobs vision of what it means to be a muslim.

I don't like the enablers, but then it's a cult and they've been brainwashed so...yeah.

Surtur

Are you on board with that Surtur?

It's not that the attitude you are referencing right now is something I disagree with, it's just that I can't help noticing that when there are attacks like this we see attitudes like yours more often(lets fight all hate) as opposed to the attitudes we see following something like christ church, where there was a specific focus on the ideology behind what lead to it.

Just an observation.

Darth Thor
^ I think theres been plenty of focus on the Ideology of ISIS and similar groups. I personally dont feel anyone is exactly ignorant of that.

But focusing on that specific ideology over other hate attacks, just spars on more hate to a specific group, 99% of whom are completely innocent and shouldnt need to defend themselves.

Patient_Leech
It's not that the attitude you are referencing right now is something I disagree with, it's just that I can't help noticing that when there are attacks like this we see attitudes like yours more often(lets fight all hate) as opposed to the attitudes we see following something like christ church, where there was a specific focus on the ideology behind what lead to it.

Just an observation.

I see what you mean, it's sort of a double-standard...

White Supremacist commits atrocity - "oh the horrible ideology."
Muslim extremist commits atrocity - "there's nothing wrong with Islam."

That's the Left showing its deficiency in dealing honestly with the problem. But I think it's coming around, slowly but surely.

Darth Thor

Thats not a double standard at all Lol

In the first the Horrible Ideology is that of WHITE SUPREMACY

In the second youre trying to make an entire faith and its 1.3billion followers as responsible/dangerous.

Putinbot1

That's the Left showing its deficiency in dealing honestly with the problem. But I think it's coming around, slowly but surely. I'd say that's a false equivalency as rightists seem to think it's fine to label all Muslims as potential terrorists and enablers, but when the same argument is given over Trumpers rhetoric, Trumpers become upset when they are tarred with the same brush. The truth is there is a spectrum for everything. Do I think some of the posters here are terrorists? No, do I think the hate they have for certain groups creates a climate of intolerance? Most Certainly, do I believe all Muslims are terrorists? Certainly not. Do I hear them spouting enabling rhetoric, actually not usually?

Darth Thor
I mean does anyone seriously think theres not enough condemnation in the media against Islamist Extremists? Like really?

Putinbot1
I mean does anyone seriously think theres not enough condemnation in the media against Islamist Extremists? Like really? thumb up

Patient_Leech

In the second youre trying to make an entire faith and its 1.3billion followers as responsible/dangerous.

The problem is with the Left not addressing the fact that Islam (more than any other religion) disproportionately produces extremists. Why is that? Funny that they never look at the actual doctrines... hm..

https://politicalislamawareness.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/moderate-islam.jpg

I know this seems crazy to say, but: Not all religions are the same! *shock*

And Islam is awful.

Putinbot1
The problem is with the Left not addressing the fact that Islam (more than any other religion) disproportionately produces extremists. Why is that? Funny that they never look at the actual doctrines... hm.

https://politicalislamawareness.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/moderate-islam.jpg

I know this seems crazy to say, but: Not all religions are the same! *shock*

And Islam is awful. You see Islam isn't all Wahabi and does vary culture greatly to culture. I'd be interested to know where those figures come from and a nation by nation breakdown, because it's not my experience outside Pakistan and the Arab world.

Patient_Leech
You see Islam isn't all Wahabi and does vary culture greatly to culture. I'd be interested to know where those figures come from and a nation by nation breakdown, because it's not my experience outside Pakistan and the Arab world.

I'm glad you brought that up. Because I don't remember the statistics off the top of my head, but even the numbers on some of those issues among British Muslims would surprise you.

dadudemon
You see Islam isn't all Wahabi and does vary culture greatly to culture. I'd be interested to know where those figures come from and a nation by nation breakdown, because it's not my experience outside Pakistan and the Arab world.

Egypt, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, the UK, etc.

There is a country by country breakdown. In places like Egypt, it was over 90% support for death for leaving Islam/becoming atheist.

As Patient Leech said, some of the results by country would shock you.

Mormons are not much better so don't interpret this as me feeling superior. wink

Patient_Leech
The fact that these aren't all 100% unfavorable should be disturbing to everyone.

https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/FT_15.11.17_isis_views.png

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
Egypt, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, the UK, etc.

There is a country by the country breakdown. In places like Egypt, it was over 90% support for death for leaving Islam/becoming an atheist.

As Patient Leech said, some of the results by country would shock you.

Mormons are not much better so don't interpret this as me feeling superior. wink Egypt does surprise me because most Muslims I knew when I lived there were quite moderate. Hence why when the Muslim Brotherhood hijacked the revolution, they didn't like how extreme it had got and had another to get rid of them. That said the MB is not a terrorist organization. In upper Egypt rural areas and the Sinai, I do agree that they are less moderate. However, many Christian Egypt's have Muslim names honoring family friends who are Muslim; I have a Coptic friend called Emad for instance. I have a few Egyptian friends who are imans, Yasser who I worked with in KSA was disgusted when I told him about being blown up in Maadi and actually bought me a gift to apologize for the insult. Who knows, I wonder about the integrity of these sort of stat.

A friend of mine, Secil's husband, had his leg irreparably damaged in Taksim square Turkey demonstrating against Erdogan's anti Secular measures about five years ago.

Although, I will grant you I don't mix with average Muslim people much. So perhapsvwhat I see is also skewed.

Emperordmb
It's interesting, Patient_Leech has been associated with the alt-right by one or two people on here iirc, but he's more of a Sam Harris type.

The progressives largescale accept that there isn't some nefarious dangerous bigotry when the Sam Harris Dawkins types criticize Christianity, but they criticize Islam... and everyone loses their minds!

Ideology and culture cannot be a characteristic shielded from criticism by moral busybodies.

Putinbot1
It's interesting, Patient_Leech has been associated with the alt-right by one or two people on here iirc, but he's more of a Sam Harris type.

The progressives largescale accept that there isn't some nefarious dangerous bigotry when the Sam Harris Dawkins types criticize Christianity, but they criticize Islam... and everyone loses their minds!

Ideology and culture cannot be a characteristic shielded from criticism by moral busybodies. DMB, I am not critical of either. For me, for some people in some places belief is very important. I know some lovely Christians. One friend of mines wife who was an American Woman died when Ansir Bayt blew up the Copts cathedral with westernerners and kids inside. Lot's of people regardless of faith were disgusted.

Patient_Leech

Yeah, definitely not alt-right. But Harris has jokingly stated that he and some of his fellow Islam critics are a "gateway drug" to the alt-right.. lol

Yeah, there are some exceptions to that rule, but I think that's becoming more and more true, yes.

And there's some irony there: Because progressives are supposed to be... all progressive 'n shit. Meaning they accept homosexuals, want freedom and equality for women, etc. But they oddly defend an ideology that unabashedly subjugates women and despises homosexuals.

Go figure.

Surtur
I mean does anyone seriously think theres not enough condemnation in the media against Islamist Extremists? Like really?

Dude, look at this situation. Is the specific ideology that leads Islamic extremists to do this being discussed? Are they delving into the awful things from their holy books that might justify this?

Since when a white supremacist does something they sure as shit delve into his life, into his every social media post, etc. But now it's all "well all hate is bad".

It's the same shit the left pulled with Ilhan Omar and anti-semitism. They couldn't just condemn that specific thing, they had to go "all hate is bad!". This is the same side that also whines when someone says "all lives matter" in response to "black lives matter". This is the same side that had zero qualms passing a resolution to go against white supremacy too.

Please do not act like there isn't a double standard here going on. There absolutely is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The biggest sufferers at the hand of Islamic extremists, are Muslims. Because they were born to countries that follow an Islamic doctrine.

Islam as it exists today, and Western Modern ideals of freedom, tolerance, and acceptance are almost incongruent. Why is this so hard to accept?

Being Muslim does not make you a terrorist. This is stupid hyperbole nonsense. BUT. A MAJORITY of moderate Muslims, many in countries like the U.K. believe in things that fundamentally oppose our way of life.

Ah....Islam as a religion is all about establishing the supremacy of Islam. More so than other religions....

Plenty of countries that are wealthy, such as Oman, require conversation to marry-in.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The biggest sufferers at the hand of Islamic extremists, are Muslims. Because they were born to countries that follow an Islamic doctrine.

Islam as it exists today, and Western Modern ideals of freedom, tolerance, and acceptance are almost incongruent. Why is this so hard to accept?

Not all Muslims are terrorist. Not all Muslims are bad people. A MAJORITY of moderate Muslims, even in countries like the U.K. believe in things that fundamentally oppose our way of life.

Ah....Islam as a religion is all about establishing the supremacy of Islam. More so than other religions....

Plenty of countries that are wealthy, such as Oman, require conversation to marry-in.

Bingo, they *murder* other people of the same faith who don't measure up! What do these folk think they wanna do to those who aren't even muslim?

There is a double standard. When toxic and violent behavior is coming from a muslim any criticism of it is seen as islamaphobic or as condemning every single god damn muslim in the world.

No, we absolutely do need to talk about the toxic aspects of Islam and what about it leads people to do this shit. There absolutely is a double standard. They can pass resolutions to condemn white supremacy, they can cry like babies about islamahobia, but they can't pass a resolution to condemn anti-semitism cuz the anti-semitism is coming from a muslim.

Surtur
This story belongs here too:

Sri Lanka bans all face coverings for 'public protection' after bomb attacks

So what do people think? Necessary? An overreaction?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.