Distinctive actor voices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So, I got this idea after catching a friend watching an episode of The Blacklist, which featured Christopher Lambert in a recurring role. I was able to identify him immediately before even seeing him, just from a few spoken words. He often paces his speech in an unusual way and, coupled with his rather distinct tone, he's pretty easy to pick out when you hear him.

So, the question is basically, which actor/actress do you consider to have a unique voice, or is someone that you can always pick out, without even needing to see them?

jaden_2.0
What like Gilbert Gottfried?

Putinbot1
Morgan Freeman obviously
Anthony Hopkins ". "
Arnie. ". "
Stallone ". "
Michael Caine. ". "
Connery. ". "
Winstone.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
What like Gilbert Gottfried?

If you find his voice unique and can easily pick it out, sure.

TheVaultDweller
Another one who has always been very recognisable is Fran Drescher. I remember, as a child, hearing my parents watch The Nanny before seeing it lol.

Patient_Leech
Hugo Weaving

celeyhyga17
Christopher Walken
Samuel L. Jackson
Fran Drescher
Maggie Smith

jaden_2.0
James
Earl
Jones

/Thread

ShadowFyre
Rodney Dangerdfield, Gilbert Godfried, pee wee herman, sean connery

KingD19
You guys are forgetting Brian Blessed. HAWKMEN...DIIIIIVE!!!

Galan007
Michael Ironside
Jeremy Irons
Malcolm McDowell
Liam Neeson
The Mikkelsen brothers (Lars and Mads)

KingD19
Leonard Nimoy

Surtur
Clancy Brown.

Khazra Reborn
Michael Wincott
Kevin Conroy

Dreampanther
So many.

Especially ones that do voice acting as well, like Patrick Warburton, Lori Petty, Dustin Hoffman, Keanu Reeves, Scarlett Johanson, etc. But it helps if you watch a lot of animated stuff, I think. It's starts getting easier to associate a voice with a face without seeing it.

Esau Cairn
Seriously no one's mentioned Christopher Walken yet??!?

In an interview Walken said he never intentionally pauses (at odd times) in his dialogue...it was just a natural progression of how he learned english as a child.

He grew up in a neighbourhood where English was a 2nd language so all the immigrants around him would constantly pause mid-sentence whilst they mentally searched for the correct word to use. Walken picked up on the nuance & never once considered it odd at all.

Magog
Originally posted by Surtur
Clancy Brown.
BINGO!

Add Ron Perlman and you've got the two that instantly came to mind for me.

steverules_2
Mark Hamill

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
Mark Hamill

He can morph his voice into whatever he wishes.

Impediment
James Earl Jones
Tommy Lee Jones

ares834
Koyasu Takehito.

steverules_2

riv6672
Phil Hartman.

StiltmanFTW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.