Why don't feminists want equality in the trades?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TempAccount
"Equality in the Workforce, Equality in STEM!" - Most Feminists.

But I have a question. Why do feminists want equality in the workforce, but only high paying jobs?

98.7% of construction workers are male and the average salary is $27,750! These people do good and hard work that is necessary to our society but somehow women aren't getting all angry about the disparity of women to men.

If this isn't proof they don't want equality, I don't know what is. "We only want equality if it's good for us." "Lets leave the men for the low paying jobs and the dirty work while we discriminate against them in STEM fields!"

I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields.

It goes to show it really is a selfish movement.

Why is gender inequality so high for plumbers, truck drivers, electricians, mechanics, power plant operators, etc?

jaden_2.0
Because they don't want to?

Emperordmb
I could give less of a **** honestly. Why does it matter to so many feminists how many female engineers they are?

The women who are interested can pursue it and see if they have the merit to succeed, the ones who aren't interested and/or don't have the skill can go somewhere else.

It seems this is a simple message that needs to be understood. There is something deeply wrong with discrimination, but there is nothing inherently wrong with differences in group outcome.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I could give less of a **** honestly. Why does it matter to so many feminists how many female engineers they are?

The women who are interested can pursue it and see if they have the merit to succeed, the ones who aren't interested and/or don't have the skill can go somewhere else.

It seems this is a simple message that needs to be understood. There is something deeply wrong with discrimination, but there is nothing inherently wrong with differences in group outcome.

I think stuff like this plays into it:

California Becomes 1st State To Require Women On Corporate Boards

Gender quota's are silly.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Surtur

That's ****ed up. The government needs to learn it's place as the protector of our natural rights, not some social engineering mechanism.

Robtard
Skewed laws like that come about because of a shit status quo that been in place likely for a very long time. eg Affirmative Action is a flawed law that came to be because of unfair and biased practices

TempAccount

Gender quota's are silly. lol all I know is that when applying for a Kia/Hyundai dealer franchise, I have a better chance of making it if I advertise a minority and women operated business. Who cares. It's all a means to an end.

TempAccount
Originally posted by Robtard
Skewed laws like that come about because of a shit status quo that been in place likely for a very long time. eg Affirmative Action is a flawed law that came to be because of unfair and biased practices You are such a mega cuck

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Because they don't want to?

Bingo.

I see what he's getting at, honestly.

"Why do people only lobby for things they want, that benefit them?"

As if any movement is about taking an equal share of the bad, along with the good.

Robtard
Originally posted by TempAccount
You are such a mega cuck

^triggered

TempAccount
Originally posted by cdtm
Bingo.

As if any movement is about taking an equal share of the bad, along with the good. So you agree feminism is not about achieving equality between sexes, but rather about gaining power as the dominant sex?

^triggered

It's more of the disappointment feeling a dentist gets when you continuously tell them you don't floss.

dadudemon
Bingo.

As if any movement is about taking an equal share of the bad, along with the good.

Well, the humanists and egalitarians probably accept the good and bad, together, with their stuff. They kind of have to because of what they are wanting.

Robtard

It's more of the disappointment feeling a dentist gets when you continuously tell them you don't floss. Alright, that was a funny retort, kudos, Kurk. You'll never get laid and will remain a angry little bitter incel for the rest of your days, but still, props when warranted.

Putinbot1
Alright, that was a funny retort, kudos, Kurk. You'll never get laid and will remain a angry little bitter incel for the rest of your days, but still, props when warranted. Kurk is my favourite Incel on this board.

Robtard
Hands down.

edit: The old rants about his domineering mother controlling every aspect of his life were hilarious

TempAccount
What makes you think I'm an incel? Name a single post where I've demonstrated misogynist qualities.

Surtur
That's ****ed up. The government needs to learn it's place as the protector of our natural rights, not some social engineering mechanism.

Yeah, there is no valid excuse for it.

Bentley
This is actually a pretty valid point but your take on feminist speech and media somewhat diverts from the interesting flaw in the rethoric you hear. Construction workers, electricians and plumbers being manual labor makes it a potentially appealing job for working class women, but those are the demographics that integrate sexism into their social interactions the most. The problem here is most poor women wouldn't consider this kind of job and would actually be somewhat rejected at it. You don't hear about this issues because your media doesn't want to face the harsh reality of the working class. It's a fair pretty feminist argument to make.

But I'm sure your actual goal was to justify that women won't engage into manual labor that happens on site because they'd feel threatened, as the US is a huge rape culture.

Surtur
We're not a rape culture though.

Bentley
WHY AM I SO UNABLE TO JOKE IN THIS SUBFORUM!!?

Robtard
Jokes aside, we kinda are. While vastly better than say even 25 yeras ago, to this day it's very hard for women to become Firefighters (as an example) and not just because of the physical requirements, the ones that do make it still get shit on by the old school "boys club" mentality.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
This is actually a pretty valid point but your take on feminist speech and media somewhat diverts from the interesting flaw in the rethoric you hear. Construction workers, electricians and plumbers being manual labor makes it a potentially appealing job for working class women, but those are the demographics that integrate sexism into their social interactions the most. The problem here is most poor women wouldn't consider this kind of job and would actually be somewhat rejected at it. You don't hear about this issues because your media doesn't want to face the harsh reality of the working class. It's a fair pretty feminist argument to make.

But I'm sure your actual goal was to justify that women won't engage into manual labor that happens on site because they'd feel threatened, as the US is a huge rape culture.

Not the cable media, in any event.

Who are (To beat a dead horse) all purely profit driven businesses that actively distort messages for their own ends.

One example of this is the old canard "A corporations ONLY concern is to shareholder value." This is a distortion of the original message, as claimed by the originator of said message.

Surtur
WHY AM I SO UNABLE TO JOKE IN THIS SUBFORUM!!?

Because some people here are dumb enough to believe we actually are a rape culture. Just watch, some dipshit will not be able to help himself from arguing we are. There's always one.

Surtur
Jokes aside, we kinda are. While vastly better than say even 25 yeras ago, to this day it's very hard for women to become Firefighters (as an example) and not just because of the physical requirements, the ones that do make it still get shit on by the old school "boys club" mentality.

Lol

eat

Emperordmb
We're not a rape culture though.
I wouldn't even rape you.

Surtur
I wouldn't even rape you.

Reported for threatening to rape me.

TempAccount
Jokes aside, we kinda are. While vastly better than say even 25 yeras ago, to this day it's very hard for women to become Firefighters (as an example) and not just because of the physical requirements, the ones that do make it still get shit on by the old school "boys club" mentality. As someone who has worked in similar EMS station environments, I can tell you that's not true. All the female partners I worked with were dominating and had the personality to make it through emotionally draining work.

Boys club mentality does not exist outside of 4th grade.

StyleTime
"Equality in the Workforce , Equality in STEM!" - Most Feminists.

But I have a question. Why do feminists want equality in the workforce, but only high paying jobs?

mhmm

Is it possible you simply tacked that stipulation on yourself?

Surtur
Some feminists legit claim feminism is about helping men too, cuz equality helps men.

So why don't they wanna take on 50% of the burden when it comes to construction or picking up garbage?

Putinbot1
I know an excellent female civil engineer and an excellent female electrician. In fact the electrician one is able to get into loft spaces most average sized men would struggle in. She has her own business in Sussex in the UK and coins it in.

Robtard

Boys club mentality does not exist outside of 4th grade.

Oh my, dear boy.

Raptor22

Putinbot1
Oh my, dear boy. I didn't want to look at that post Rob, it's one of Kurk's finest. In some ways he truly is Gustavo Fring.

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I know an excellent female civil engineer and an excellent female electrician. In fact the electrician one is able to get into loft spaces most average sized men would struggle in. She has her own business in Sussex in the UK and coins it in.

Smart women.

Trades are the way to go.

Surtur

Raptor22
So a local movement in Boston means...what? i try to be patient with u surt i really do.

It means that this part of his op-

"I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields"

Is probably because he's not looking.

Just like i said in the post u quoted. What part are u confused about?

Putinbot1
Smart women.

Trades are the way to go. She's fit too. laughing out loud I'd hold her ladder.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Raptor22
i try to be patient with u surt i really do.

Yeah, I tried that but it leads to constant dissapointment.

Surtur
i try to be patient with u surt i really do.

"I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields"

Is probably because he's not looking.

Just like i said in the post u quoted. What part are u confused about?

Ah okay, so you took him 100% literally to mean literally nobody in the history of time and space made the argument.

Neat, I didn't, but you did. Good to know.

Putinbot1
I suspect Surt is getting Snarky with Rap for being called out. Same old same old, thank **** for ignore.

TempAccount
I suspect Surt is getting Snarky with Rap for being called out. Same old same old, thank **** for ignore. Triggered by Surt I see? I think I may have to change my vote in the "most easily triggered" thread.

Tzeentch
My sister and I applied to be electricians and we both got hired to the same company. She was the smartest and most efficient apprentice in our entry group and the foremen would argue with each other over who got to have her on their jobsite. Despite that, she spent her three year career in the field getting relentlessly shit on by almost every apprentice and journeyman that we worked with. Hit on relentlessly, the butt of every sexual joke, groped and grabbed on. When she'd complain to the foremen and even the owner of the company they would tell her that it was just boys being boys and muh testosterone dude muh adrenaline from working all day. No one cared but me. I had to drive to a work site I wasn't even supposed to be at and threaten to kill a superior because he told my sister to her face that if she was his wife he'd knock her teeth out then **** her real good. We both hated the job and I ended up quitting about a year in. She stuck it out for two more years despite being treated like garbage every single day, but she quit when her coworkers started hanging black barbie dolls with little nooses around their necks in her work area.

The point of all this is to show that perhaps the reason why construction is so male dominated is because construction workers have a tendency to be extremely racist and sexist scumbags and the entire industry is basically 20 years behind the rest of society when it comes to civil rights. And it's not like I live in some god forsaken midwest shithole. We were in ****ing San Francisco of all places.

Raptor22
Ah okay, so you took him 100% literally to mean literally nobody in the history of time and space made the argument.

Neat, I didn't, but you did. Good to know. its like words on the planet i live on, and the words on the planet u live on mean completly different things.

How do u get what u got from this.

OP- "I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields"

Me- u dont see them because u probably dont look.

Im not taking it literally that nobody in the history of time and space has ever made that argument. U should know that, since i never said anything close to it.

What i am taking literally, is that the OP hasnt seen said arguments.

I then showed some to him to prove that they're there if u just look.

Do u see the difference?

Example

Person A- ive never seen Tom Brady

Person B- thats probably because u dont watch any football

Surt- are u saying that in the history of time and space no one has ever watched football?

Me- wtf?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
My sister and I applied to be electricians and we both got hired to the same company. She was the smartest and most efficient apprentice in our entry group and the foremen would argue with each other over who got to have her on their jobsite. Despite that, she spent her three year career in the field getting relentlessly shit on by almost every apprentice and journeyman that we worked with. Hit on relentlessly, the butt of every sexual joke, groped and grabbed on. When she'd complain to the foremen and even the owner of the company they would tell her that it was just boys being boys and muh testosterone dude muh adrenaline from working all day. No one cared but me. I had to drive to a work site I wasn't even supposed to be at and threaten to kill a superior because he told my sister to her face that if she was his wife he'd knock her teeth out then **** her real good. We both hated the job and I ended up quitting about a year in. She stuck it out for two more years despite being treated like garbage every single day, but she quit when her coworkers started hanging black barbie dolls with little nooses around their necks in her work area.

The point of all this is to show that perhaps the reason why construction is so male dominated is because construction workers have a tendency to be extremely racist and sexist scumbags and the entire industry is basically 20 years behind the rest of society when it comes to civil rights. And it's not like I live in some god forsaken midwest shithole. We were in ****ing San Francisco of all places.

Why is one of the most liberal cities on the planet worse (from a racism and sexism perspective) than any city in Oklahoma from that 1950s?

Anyway, sounds terrible. It's also illegal. Crimes were committed. If what you said is true, I know you well enough to know that you know many of those are actual crimes. So why didn't you pursue these things as crimes?

cdtm

Jesus, that sounds insane. I mean, I've been in some pretty "lowbrow" professions, like postal carrying, and saw some racism. But it was never anything remotely like this. It was more someone says something, gets overheard, there's a blowup, and it gets addressed. And that was rare. People generally tried to keep things upbeat and inclusive, to your face.

I wonder if reporting them would have helped? The department of justice, or the NAACP. Maybe talk to an activist lawyer?
I mean, I normally hate activists and lawyers, but that's completely unacceptable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Current radical feminism isn't about equality or an egalitarian society. The pendulum has swung the way of satirical 60 cartoon portrayals of feminists.

Also, I never understood how you could stand for the emancipation of women and yet be so authoritarian? Why don't THEY become engineers and doctors and lawyers? It's always some "activist" (I still don't understand how these people make a living?) who are telling others to dedicate YEARS of their life's to enter a field they might not be interested in. Women, in general, are not as interested in STEM fields it seems. Whatever. Why do so many people care???

Becoming an engineer, a doctor, or a lawyer is a brutal goddamn sacrifice, that doesn't come with a healthy work-life balance or a very popular social life. In general, women find more value in these things. I don't blame them. They live longer in general, and enjoy life more. They have the right idea.

Rage.Of.Olympus

That is so ridiculously dumb and sexist.

Corporate Boards are elected by the shareholders in most cases. And they have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders. How do you even go about implementing this?

Rage.Of.Olympus

This is never going to change. How will this possibly ever change? Guys shit on guys the most. Much worse than they shit on women. But women are easier pickings, and there is an undercurrent of sexual undertones in communication between a man and a female by virtue of them being opposite sexes. Obviously not all guys. Mostly the type of high-risk environments that attract less agreeable behaviour. Against, this is very general.

I still don't understand why this surprises people. You can't change this without implementing authoritarian thought police. "Equality" and freedom are incongruent.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Current radical feminism isn't about equality or an egalitarian society. The pendulum has swung the way of satirical 60 cartoon portrayals of feminists.

Also, I never understood how you could stand for the emancipation of women and yet be so authoritarian? Why don't THEY become engineers and doctors and lawyers? It's always some "activist" (I still don't understand how these people make a living?) who are telling others to dedicate YEARS of their life's to enter a field they might not be interested in. Women, in general, are not as interested in STEM fields it seems. Whatever. Why do so many people care???

Becoming an engineer, a doctor, or a lawyer is a brutal goddamn sacrifice, that doesn't come with a healthy work-life balance or a very popular social life. In general, women find more value in these things.

You notice most of the garbage happens on college campuses?

There's usually a "head of equity" or some gender studies professor behind it, filling kids heads with Title IX this, oppression that. And the administration indulges them for that sweet, sweet government money.

Unless they complain about another department that makes money, like a certain conservative judge giving classes popular enough to sell out.

Bentley
This is never going to change.

I think you are on point in many of your observations about sexism in general but I find your point of view too fatalistic to be honest. A lot of social behaviours have changed over he centuries and boy clubs can eventually disapear as a large phenomena. Nobody is saying there are not going to be niches of guys keeping it between themselves in the whole world, but it can become statistically irrelevant over time.

And sadly boy clubs are an actual issue in certain professions. In France we had a recent reveal of a boys only group within one university for journalists. They proned to favor only men, mocked women openly and harrassed some female journalists with "jokes". How do you stop this without some explicit sanction being mentioned somewhere? Honest question. Journalists are meant to be well educated and don't come from popular backgrounds most of the time, these are guys who should know better.

Surtur
That is so ridiculously dumb and sexist.

Corporate Boards are elected by the shareholders in most cases. And they have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders. How do you even go about implementing this?

Speaking of sexist bullshit, Kamala Harris has said she wants to decriminalize prostitution, but still make it a crime to pay for sex. So the hooker is treated as a victim and the "john" is a criminal. And she specifically references women too, so I don't know what she has in mind for male hookers, trannies, etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think you are on point in many of your observations about sexism in general but I find your point of view too fatalistic to be honest. A lot of social behaviours have changed over he centuries and boy clubs can eventually disapear as a large phenomena. Nobody is saying there are not going to be niches of guys keeping it between themselves in the whole world, but it can become statistically irrelevant over time.

And sadly boy clubs are an actual issue in certain professions. In France we had a recent reveal of a boys only group within one university for journalists. They proned to favor only men, mocked women openly and harrassed some female journalists with "jokes". How do you stop this without some explicit sanction being mentioned somewhere? Honest question. Journalists are meant to be well educated and don't come from popular backgrounds most of the time, these are guys who should know better.

It's not going to happen imo. Statistically speaking, the individuals on the extreme end of the distribution, the extremely intelligent, highly competitive, and work addicted human beings are like 9/10 men. This crackles through society at every level, creating boys clubs.

I don't think "boys clubs" are bad. Men should have spaces where they can interact only with other men, and some professions draw mostly men, which is fine. Modern media criticizes "men only" spaces which is sexist AF, because no matter what people tweet, men can only really act a certain way with other men around, and the same with women. That being said, that journalist club you mentioned seems to be toxic, and if they openly harrassed women, they should be held accountable.

I don't see how that will ever change. Statistically speaking, you will always get enclaves. It's impossible not to in a free society. What kind of laws would you put into place here? This is a club within a University. Are we going to start regulating who joins what in their spare time?

They were discovered, and they are in trouble. I'm assuming those who are harmfully sexist (A little sexism is healthy for either sex. This isn't Mao China. We aren't robots. You can't tell me I can't stare at a girls ass that walks by, or a female isn't allowed to check out my arms as I walk by.), and discriminatory actions against women should, and probably will face punishment. To me that is satisfactory.

There was a cafe in Australia that just went bankrupt the other day. They had a "man tax", charging men an extra 15%. They were vehemently sexist, and it was ironic seeing Trans-Men come in and complain about the serious hostility from "feminists". But like I said, now they are broke. Virtue signalling works on Twitter but it's a shit business model if you have openly oppose 50% of the population.

The systems we have in place are working. Sexism is bad, we all know it. Add in policies to make sexism against codes of conduct. But make it well-defined. When I hear sexual harassment, I don't even know what that word means anymore tbh.

Work to improve things by removing barriers to entry, but be careful with it. I think my main issue is that people expect.....perfection from other people? It's ridiculous. Nobody, not society or anyone, owes you a friction-free life. Life tends to suck sometimes. There will be issues, but that is the price you pay for freedom to do what you want: Idiots get the freedom to do what they want (Until they cross the line that impacts other people's rights).

People, and I think this especially true from the left than the right, suffer from uniformitarianism. That's not how things work. Society is fickle, and things change. Any law you put into place to "regulate" sexist environments can very easily be thrust upon the people you associate within a few years. People don't understand: Nature is an amoral MF, and if you create a system that potentially rewards tyranny, very quickly you get a tyrant. Regulation should be a dangerous, nuclear weapon, but people throw the word easily.

Would it surprise you to know that the 2008 financial crisis was heavily influenced by the Government? In the wake of the internet bubble and Enron, they implemented the Sarbon-Oxley act, outlawing mark-to-model pricing to mark-to-market pricing. It could never possibly go wrong.....except if the entire market starts crashing, and the mark-to-market pricing of assets works off of reference securities (Which are now only falling, so technically, everyone is going bankrupt at once! Even if the assets being valued as worthless have sound cash flows and are good investments). Or the government forcing banks to have riskier lending policies to avoid discriminating against low-income neighbourhoods that are mostly POC (In fear of Federal scrutiny). Well shit, those neighbourhoods were hit way worse by the 2008 crisis.

Putinbot1

The point of all this is to show that perhaps the reason why construction is so male dominated is because construction workers have a tendency to be extremely racist and sexist scumbags and the entire industry is basically 20 years behind the rest of society when it comes to civil rights. And it's not like I live in some god forsaken midwest shithole. We were in ****ing San Francisco of all places. This is a horrible story mate. I hope you are both over it now.

its like words on the planet i live on, and the words on the planet u live on mean completly different things.

How do u get what u got from this.

OP- "I don't seem to see any people demanding gender diversity in these fields"

Me- u dont see them because u probably dont look.

Im not taking it literally that nobody in the history of time and space has ever made that argument. U should know that, since i never said anything close to it.

What i am taking literally, is that the OP hasnt seen said arguments.

I then showed some to him to prove that they're there if u just look.

Do u see the difference?

Example

Person A- ive never seen Tom Brady

Person B- thats probably because u dont watch any football

Surt- are u saying that in the history of time and space no one has ever watched football?

Me- wtf? Haha, a lot of really good points have been made in this thread. I've really enjoyed reading it. But then I have Surt on ignore! thumb up

dadudemon
It's not going to happen imo. Statistically speaking, the individuals on the extreme end of the distribution, the extremely intelligent, highly competitive, and work addicted human beings are like 9/10 men. This crackles through society at every level, creating boys clubs.

I don't think "boys clubs" are bad. Men should have spaces where they can interact only with other men, and some professions draw mostly men, which is fine. Modern media criticizes "men only" spaces which is sexist AF, because no matter what people tweet, men can only really act a certain way with other men around, and the same with women. That being said, that journalist club you mentioned seems to be toxic, and if they openly harrassed women, they should be held accountable.

I don't see how that will ever change. Statistically speaking, you will always get enclaves. It's impossible not to in a free society. What kind of laws would you put into place here? This is a club within a University. Are we going to start regulating who joins what in their spare time?

They were discovered, and they are in trouble. I'm assuming those who are harmfully sexist (A little sexism is healthy for either sex. This isn't Mao China. We aren't robots. You can't tell me I can't stare at a girls ass that walks by, or a female isn't allowed to check out my arms as I walk by.), and discriminatory actions against women should, and probably will face punishment. To me that is satisfactory.

There was a cafe in Australia that just went bankrupt the other day. They had a "man tax", charging men an extra 15%. They were vehemently sexist, and it was ironic seeing Trans-Men come in and complain about the serious hostility from "feminists". But like I said, now they are broke. Virtue signalling works on Twitter but it's a shit business model if you have openly oppose 50% of the population.

The systems we have in place are working. Sexism is bad, we all know it. Add in policies to make sexism against codes of conduct. But make it well-defined. When I hear sexual harassment, I don't even know what that word means anymore tbh.

Work to improve things by removing barriers to entry, but be careful with it. I think my main issue is that people expect.....perfection from other people? It's ridiculous. Nobody, not society or anyone, owes you a friction-free life. Life tends to suck sometimes. There will be issues, but that is the price you pay for freedom to do what you want: Idiots get the freedom to do what they want (Until they cross the line that impacts other people's rights).

People, and I think this especially true from the left than the right, suffer from uniformitarianism. That's not how things work. Society is fickle, and things change. Any law you put into place to "regulate" sexist environments can very easily be thrust upon the people you associate within a few years. People don't understand: Nature is an amoral MF, and if you create a system that potentially rewards tyranny, very quickly you get a tyrant. Regulation should be a dangerous, nuclear weapon, but people throw the word easily.

Would it surprise you to know that the 2008 financial crisis was heavily influenced by the Government? In the wake of the internet bubble and Enron, they implemented the Sarbon-Oxley act, outlawing mark-to-model pricing to mark-to-market pricing. It could never possibly go wrong.....except if the entire market starts crashing, and the mark-to-market pricing of assets works off of reference securities (Which are now only falling, so technically, everyone is going bankrupt at once! Even if the assets being valued as worthless have sound cash flows and are good investments). Or the government forcing banks to have riskier lending policies to avoid discriminating against low-income neighbourhoods that are mostly POC (In fear of Federal scrutiny). Well shit, those neighbourhoods were hit way worse by the 2008 crisis.

You hit it in the second to last paragraph.

Forced diversity doesn't work. Education, however, does work. Whirly and I talked about this. Humans have a natural tendency to associate with people who look and talk like they do. But you can train children to not do that.

Forcing diversity on people, however, often has backlashes. Diversity Training and Sexual Harassment Training, at work, actually made attitudes and biases worse. That's weird...there are better ways to go about changing minds and biases, of course. And those should be pursued.

I agree with Bentley: your view is a bit too fatalistic. It's possible to make things change.

Putinbot1
I think the more diverse people have around them, the better. The problem though is with diverse cultures, am I going to want someone I hold little in common with around my child. No! It's going to be naturally different around my next child regardless of what shade they come out, white, black or in between as their mother was raised a Muslim despite the fact her Islam is on the level of my Christianity... Nonexistent, her father who was a Judge was a Christian and mother is a Muslim, and we have five different passports between us. She is a rather lovely shade of brown, whereas I am pair almost blue-skinned north European lol.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
You hit it in the second to last paragraph.

Forced diversity doesn't work. Education, however, does work. Whirly and I talked about this. Humans have a natural tendency to associate with people who look and talk like they do. But you can train children to not do that.

Forcing diversity on people, however, often has backlashes. Diversity Training and Sexual Harassment Training, at work, actually made attitudes and biases worse. That's weird...there are better ways to go about changing minds and biases, of course. And those should be pursued.

I agree with Bentley: your view is a bit too fatalistic. It's possible to make things change.

Yup, forced diversity is silly.

Also that one restaurant that was charging men more than women is closing lol. Don't know why, but it's funny to me.

shiv
Why are they closing

TempAccount

Haha, a lot of really good points have been made in this thread. I've really enjoyed reading it. But then I have Surt on ignore! thumb up

Doesn't this make you a hypocrite then? Triggered by the other side's views?

Surtur
Originally posted by shiv
Why are they closing

Lol those behind the restaurant have not said why. So we don't know if the place failed cuz of their sexism specifically. It could just be karma, but then again that would mean it's still cuz of their sexism in the end. Tee hee.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46326/vegan-restaurant-charged-men-18-more-women-closing-ashe-schow

Putinbot1
Doesn't this make you a hypocrite then? Triggered by the other side's views? I really just have no interest in what someone with no job, no education, no gf/wife, no property has to say on society when they aren't part of it. I know it seems harsh but, what's he done and where's he travelled? The guy's on disability and moans about people being given things. It makes me sad reading his posts and aggression to a world he will never know or be part of.

Surtur
I really just have no interest in what someone with no job, no education, no gf/wife, no property has to say on society when they aren't part of it. I know it seems harsh but, what's he done and where's he travelled? The guy's on disability and moans about people being given things. It makes me sad reading his posts and aggression to a world he will never know or be part of.

^Says this, but comments every single time one of his pals quotes me and continually asks about me. Lol...but he has no interest.

Top notch comedy.

Putinbot1
Damn, I've triggered Surt again...

Surtur
He legit proved me right within 30 seconds lol.

TempAccount
I really just have no interest in what someone with no job, no education, no gf/wife, no property has to say on society when they aren't part of it. I know it seems harsh but, what's he done and where's he travelled? The guy's on disability and moans about people being given things. It makes me sad reading his posts and aggression to a world he will never know or be part of. So you might as well put me on ignore as well then as I come close to lacking all those things as well smile

Putinbot1
I hope he is O.K. Poor guy.

Putinbot1
So you might as well put me on ignore as well then as I come close to lacking all those things as well smile Yeah, but you are funny rather than angry at the world and Kurk, I still have hope for you.

Surtur
So you might as well put me on ignore as well then as I come close to lacking all those things as well smile

Just go through recent threads...he legit comments every time someone quotes me. He has mentioned multiple times in this thread.

EDIT: See his above post lol. He's legit praised me for being funny in the past. Say something to trigger him and he'll dub you "angry" too.

Putinbot1
Something's getting to Surt. Hope he chills.

Surtur
Keep proving me right eat

shiv

Rage.Of.Olympus
"Handsome Her is a feminist cafe that seemed like the most inclusive place to grab a drink and good meal for a feminist woman who loves women like me. At first glance I thought it was my dream coffee place, being openly feminist, eco-friendly with an all vegan menu and a lesbian owner who has implemented a man tax. I went there countless times with many different people and recommended the place to a wide variety of friends, including male allies.
Last Sunday they were hosting a queer party for the Sydney Rd festival and I went there with a bunch of friends, amongst which was my partner of two years, who is a woman, her girlfriend and a queer boy I am currently dating, as we are all polyamorous. I was making out on the dance floor with a woman I met there, along with my gender non-conforming date when the owner of the place came to us and said that this is a place for gay people. She looked at him and then at me and shamed us publicly. Such overt discrimination was very confronting for both of us as this was a queer event, not an only lesbians one; it sounded like queers and bisexuals were not welcome. It saddens me to see how a place I thought was inclusive and progressive could turn out to be as radical and rejecting of diversity as most places are.
Date of visit: March 2019"

Hahahah what in the holy hell is wrong with people. The more I learn about people and history, the more I understand why every contemporary society that exists has strong underpinnings in religious institutions that heavily limit excesses of man (Even though most of them go way too far).

I'm agnostic and believe religion is unnecessary (Philosophy and self-reflection are satisfactory), but goddamn, people really do have a tendency to take things to the extreme.

But whatever, who am I to judge. Consenting adults can do whatever they want and this shit is a phase for most people.

ArtificialGlory

Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.