Dooku vs. Kanan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
This is Dooku when he was blinded by the Nightsisters during TCW vs. Kanan as of Rebels Season 4.

Sabers ONLY.

who wins?

Zenwolf
Being blinded didn't do anything to Dooku, he even says as much. So...yeah, Dooku wrecks Kanan.

Mendax
True but by the final season of Rebels Kanan wasn't inhibited by his blindness either

TheNuisanceBird
Even if Kanan goes into hyper focus mode he still looses. Badly too.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
True but by the final season of Rebels Kanan wasn't inhibited by his blindness either Even if both of them were completely uninhibited by the blindness, it still comes down to their respective lightsaber skill.

Dooku stomps.

Darth Thor
I mean could S4 Kanan even take Ventress alone? I doubt it.

Total Warrior
^I doubt Kanan can even take on the likes of Aayla Secura or your average Jedi master really. Aniway, Dooku stomps with his pinky finger

Underachiever59
Yeah, Dooku stomps here. Season 4 Kanan miiiiight hold his own with Season 1 Ventress. And I only say that because Filoni apparently said the Grand Inquisitor is on Ventress' level (can't find the source myself, but it's been discussed on here a few times).

ares834
Originally posted by Total Warrior
^I doubt Kanan can even take on the likes of Aayla Secura or your average Jedi master really. Aniway, Dooku stomps with his pinky finger

Your average Jedi is fodder. Kanan would certainly overwhelm the average Jedi Master.

Dooku stomps though.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Underachiever59
Yeah, Dooku stomps here. Season 4 Kanan miiiiight hold his own with Season 1 Ventress. And I only say that because Filoni apparently said the Grand Inquisitor is on Ventress' level (can't find the source myself, but it's been discussed on here a few times).

He said the GI is, at most, on Ventress level. Ventress is still likely superior.

Underachiever59
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
He said the GI is, at most, on Ventress level. Ventress is still likely superior.

And I'd put S4 Kanan as around the level of the GI, maybe slightly above or below. So, yeah. Kanan miiiiiiiight be able to defeat Ventress. But it's not likely.

Darth Thor
Kanan took the GI, so presumably he could take an average Master.

Zenwolf
Who he really only beat being Oneness or whatever you wanna call it, later on he was beaten by the GI in a trial vision, heck Kanan lost to Rukh who wasn't really impressive and if he was that up there, why were the other Inquisitors a threat or even pressing him? So where's the grounds of this dueling level exactly?

Plus I kinda really take the whole "GI being Ventress" with a grain of salt. I mean are we sure it was talking about combat prowess and not like...position within the show as an antagonist?

Then again, I never really took much stock in the duels within the show, as it just seemed to fluctuate just to give out some entertainment. In fact, that's kinda how I saw TCW too.

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Who he really only beat being Oneness or whatever you wanna call it, later on he was beaten by the GI in a trial vision, heck Kanan lost to Rukh who wasn't really impressive and if he was that up there, why were the other Inquisitors a threat or even pressing him? So where's the grounds of this dueling level exactly?

Plus I kinda really take the whole "GI being Ventress" with a grain of salt. I mean are we sure it was talking about combat prowess and not like...position within the show as an antagonist?

Then again, I never really took much stock in the duels within the show, as it just seemed to fluctuate just to give out some entertainment. In fact, that's kinda how I saw TCW too.

It's true Kanan only beat the Grand Inquisitor while in an uncommon state, but prior to that he had nearly closed the skill gap between them, as shown in their duel at the tower. As for Kanan being beaten in a vision, quite frankly, visions don't count for anything. Keep in mind, Luke easily defeated a vision of Vader, only to lose his hand to Vader a short while afterward.

Regarding Ruhk defeating him, I mostly consider that PIS l, just like Hondo holding his own against Anakin, or Maul standing idly by as Obi-Wan flips over him and cuts him in half.

As for why other Inquisitors are a threat to Kanan, the answer is simple. In a straight 1v1, they really aren't. He holds his own just fine against the 5th Brother and 7th Sister in 1v1 encounters. The only issues are when they team up, or when he is being held back by having to pick up Ezra's slack. In the Season 2 finale, we see Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka actively go hunting for Inquisitors, because they know that if the odds were evened out, the Inquisitors wouldn't stand a chance. Sure enough, we later see Kanan solo the 8th Brother with no difficulty, and even Ezra, who is the weakest Jedi in the party, seems to be above the 7th Sister in their duel.

Regarding Filoni's quote about the GI being on Ventress' tier, from what I read, it was a direct comparison of how powerful the two are. With the two being around the same level in power, but Ventress getting a slight edge.

As for duels fluctuating to give entertainment... Yeah? I mean, that was the case in Legends, too. Pretty much all Star Wars material does that. That's how you make a lightsaber duel engaging to watch. If you're referring specifically to "power level" of the combatants, there's at least some effort to display that in The Clone Wars and Rebels. I think scaling just isn't as consistent as a lot of people on these forums want to believe it is. There's way too much abc logic online, when it almost never actually works like that in the source material.

Darth Thor
1)Who he really only beat being Oneness or whatever you wanna call it, 2)later on he was beaten by the GI in a trial vision, 3)heck Kanan lost to Rukh who wasn't really impressive and if he was that up there, 4)why were the other Inquisitors a threat or even pressing him?

1) Did he? I mean Ezra for injured half way through the fight, and lets not forget, Kanan was tortured for days prior to that fight.

2) Was he? I remember that going back and forth, and Kanan taking on multiple GIs at one point.

3) Well yeah there was Rukh...

4) 1 on 1? I think the o lot one that pressed him was the 7th Sister, and he still seemed slightly better. Remember all the Inqisitors are former Jedi though.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Underachiever59
It's true Kanan only beat the Grand Inquisitor while in an uncommon state, but prior to that he had nearly closed the skill gap between them, as shown in their duel at the tower. As for Kanan being beaten in a vision, quite frankly, visions don't count for anything. Keep in mind, Luke easily defeated a vision of Vader, only to lose his hand to Vader a short while afterward.

Regarding Ruhk defeating him, I mostly consider that PIS l, just like Hondo holding his own against Anakin, or Maul standing idly by as Obi-Wan flips over him and cuts him in half.

As for why other Inquisitors are a threat to Kanan, the answer is simple. In a straight 1v1, they really aren't. He holds his own just fine against the 5th Brother and 7th Sister in 1v1 encounters. The only issues are when they team up, or when he is being held back by having to pick up Ezra's slack. In the Season 2 finale, we see Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka actively go hunting for Inquisitors, because they know that if the odds were evened out, the Inquisitors wouldn't stand a chance. Sure enough, we later see Kanan solo the 8th Brother with no difficulty, and even Ezra, who is the weakest Jedi in the party, seems to be above the 7th Sister in their duel.

Regarding Filoni's quote about the GI being on Ventress' tier, from what I read, it was a direct comparison of how powerful the two are. With the two being around the same level in power, but Ventress getting a slight edge.

As for duels fluctuating to give entertainment... Yeah? I mean, that was the case in Legends, too. Pretty much all Star Wars material does that. That's how you make a lightsaber duel engaging to watch. If you're referring specifically to "power level" of the combatants, there's at least some effort to display that in The Clone Wars and Rebels. I think scaling just isn't as consistent as a lot of people on these forums want to believe it is. There's way too much abc logic online, when it almost never actually works like that in the source material.

So then it's only taking a few months now to get to a Ventress level opponent?

Holding his own is now 1 on 1, but really if he was that above them given his relation to the GI(seeing as everyone seems to think he is above them) then holding his own shouldn't even be a thing. He should be able to beat them 1 on 1 in a duel, or are we saying those Inquisitors are also Ventress/GI level now?

I don't really recall it being as bad in the previous Canon as it is now, but maybe it's just because it's on TV.

@Thor

1. That's what I recall Filoni saying right? Or it was something strange that was said on the commentary that enabled Kanan to defeat him.

I only recall him fighting the one GI in the vision, but I guess that is irrelevant as it was just a vision.

Yeah slightly better....but he has a level with the GI, who people believe are > to the other Inquisitors and who is Ventress level apparently. Yet why is he only slightly better?

Or are we suppose to believe that all the Inquisitors are near/at Ventress level because....reasons.

Darth Thor
^ I think in all fairness Kanan is approx on par with GI, which is a bit below Ventress (apparently), but probably only slightly better than the 7th Sister (the best of the remaining Inquisitors).

So then it's only taking a few months now to get to a Ventress level opponent?

Still a million times more believable than Rey!

Mendax
Where is the "GI ~ Ventress" quote from? I've seen a lot of people bring it up but I've never seen the source.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I think in all fairness Kanan is approx on par with GI, which is a bit below Ventress (apparently), but probably only slightly better than the 7th Sister (the best of the remaining Inquisitors).

It just to me then if that's the case, it kinda throws everything for a loop. Because if it's that easy, then I question a lot of duels in Canon right now.

Also yeah, I guess that's true.

ares834
Originally posted by Mendax
Where is the "GI ~ Ventress" quote from? I've seen a lot of people bring it up but I've never seen the source.

One of Filoni's interviews on Rebel Force Radio.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
One of Filoni's interviews on Rebel Force Radio.

Filoni Canon! The Greatest Canon of all!

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Darth Thor

I don't think the Inquisitors are some hot sauce, aside from, maybe the Grand Inquisitor. It was Vader's task to deal with estabilished masters and knights.

I'd put that the Grand Inquisitor is on a weak master level and the Seventh Sister is on a relatively powerful knight level but not above that. At last from their performances.

Total Warrior
I don't think the GI is Ventress level, he didn't have the feats to suggest he was.

TenebrousWay
Yeah, I agree. If he were Ventress level he'd hunt everyone that survived by himself, with the exception of Ahsoka probably but we know Vader was tasked to hunt masters and dangerous knights.

Lord Stark
The implication is that the GI is not Late-CWs Ventress level, as she was powerful enough that Sidious ordered her eliminated when he sensed she became too powerful. GI never reached that level and is likely a step below even S1 Ventress.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.