Yamcha vs. Raditz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

backup
Yamcha (Saiyan Saga) vs. Raditz

Who wins?

Galan007
Close fight, but Raditz ultimately edges him out.

Damborgson
Yamcha would win from his performance against the Saibaman, pre suicide bombing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
Close fight, but Raditz ultimately edges him out.

Raditz has a very slightly higher PL according to one magazine, right?

But Yamcha should know more about chi control and techniques... then again, you could argue that Raditz makes up for it with his ruthlessness...? Sort of like Castle vs. Murdock?

Betting on Yamcha, but it's one of the more interesting battles, for sure.

Zelax
Raditz.

NotAllThatEvil
Yamcha. He handled a roughly equal power leveled opponent relatively easily. Earthlings' power levels also take a pretty big spike when using techniques like the kamehameha, so he might be able to straight up overpower him. He even has expierence fighting great apes, so radditz's trump card might not even work(assuming he is mindless in that form like goku and bardock)

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Raditz has a very slightly higher PL according to one magazine, right?

But Yamcha should know more about chi control and techniques... then again, you could argue that Raditz makes up for it with his ruthlessness...? Sort of like Castle vs. Murdock?

Betting on Yamcha, but it's one of the more interesting battles, for sure. Really just comes down to whether or not you think Radtiz's PL was 1,200 as is implied by Nappa in the manga, or 1,500 as the Daizenshuu states. If the former, then yeah, Yamcha wins. If the latter, Raditz should edge him out after a great fight.

Hell, the Guidebook for the Broly movie states Raditz had a PL of 1,600, lol.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks.

300-400 is a significant enough difference, yes.

20 not so much:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/c8/f4/6cc8f46c60d47a9734597589bf5e84bc.jpg

Damborgson
I don't think the power level matter does it?

Either way, the saibamen was equal to Raditz. And Yamcha was superior to it in combat.

Galan007
PL matters to a certain extent, I suppose, but that's another discussion entirely.

While Yamcha was able to defeat a Saibamen, he was also overpowered, and subsequently killed, by one of the other Saibamens' kamikaze attacks... Which means that PLs in the 1,200 range can still f*ck him up.

Damborgson
They can yes, but unless Raditz has access to a similar suicide like attack, then the best indication we have of what would happen between them is that Yamcha would win, as he did with the Saibamen before it blew up. Regardless of whether or was 1200 or 1500 or 1600, etc...

StiltmanFTW
True, kamikaze attacks obviously allow their users to beat more powerful opponents...

Raditz lacked the basic understanding of how ki works, if memory serves. Seems like Vegeta didn't bother educating him.

Galan007
You think a Saibamen understood how to utilize ki better than Raditz, and was able to amp its PL in those final moments? Nah, nothing supports that.

So far as we know, it detonated the sum total of its 1,200 PL on Yamcha, which killed them both. So logically speaking, an all-out attack from Raditz could do the same to Yamcha.

A Saibamen may have the same PL as Raditz(according to Nappa), but Raditz is a better/smarter fighter, can use actual ranged ki attacks, has flight, etc. IOW, a fight between Yamcha and a Saibamen isn't necessarily indicative of how a fight between Yamcha and Raditz would go... PLs alone only count for so much -- especially in this case. /shrug

NotAllThatEvil
Yamcha also died when he let his gaurd down. The same thing happened to goku in return of F, so its debatable if a siabaman could have downed yamcha if he was ready to tank the hit

Galan007
Wasn't exactly the same as the Goku instance, though.

While the Saibamen did catch Yamcha off guard when it initially grabbed/overpowered him, Yamcha was literally staring it in the face before it self-destructed(you'd certainly think that if he *could* have broken free, he *would* have.) Flip side, Sorbet killed Goku with a cheapshot that he wasn't at all prepared for.

I also just remembered it was the SAME Saibamen that Yamcha had been fighting who ultimately killed him(for some reason I was thinking it was a different one):
https://i.imgur.com/4ayyfxM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tTo9JO2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/akK3f19.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K3KurXW.jpg
...So Yamcha's blast didn't even KO/kill that one Saibamen like I originally thought.

StiltmanFTW
You think a Saibamen understood how to utilize ki better than Raditz, and was able to amp its PL in those final moments? Nah, nothing supports that.

Well, we do know how kamikaze techniques tend to work in Dragon Ball...

SSJGGogeta
Assuming that Raditz is at 1,500- he should effectively edge Yamcha out due to higher versatility than a freaking Saibamen.

Damborgson

So far as we know, it detonated the sum total of its 1,200 PL on Yamcha, which killed them both. So logically speaking, an all-out attack from Raditz could do the same to Yamcha.

A Saibamen may have the same PL as Raditz(according to Nappa), but Raditz is a better/smarter fighter, can use actual ranged ki attacks, has flight, etc. IOW, a fight between Yamcha and a Saibamen isn't necessarily indicative of how a fight between Yamcha and Raditz would go... PLs alone only count for so much -- especially in this case. /shrug

What exactly did Raditz do that would suggest his KI control was anything to speak of? Shoot KI blasts ?

Yamcha has actual impressive KI control, Raditz couldn't even fluctuate his power level.

Yet we have an actual indication with a pretty damn obvious purpose, to show that the Z fighters had surpassed the level of Raditz...I think it becomes clear who is superior.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, the ability to fire generic ki blasts can't compare to Kamehameha or Spirit Ball.

Galan007
I'm just saying that Raditz was far more versatile than the Saibamen. He could actually use ranged ki attacks, whereas the the Saibamen could not. Raditz also seemed to be a far better/smarter fighter, and could fly as well. So again, a fight between Yamcha and the Saibamen isn't at all indicative of how a fight between he and Raditz would go -- PL alone only gets you so far. Give Mr. Satan and Raditz equal PLs, for example, and Raditz would still stomp the christ out him for the same basic reasons... Maybe not the best analogy, but you get my point.

Anywho, all of the other Z Fighters had indeed surpassed Raditz-level power by a substantial margin by that time. However, Yamcha hadn't surpassed that level by much at all, imo, as evident when his blast(and it appeared to be a pretty serious blast) failed to KO/kill that one Saibamen. He was then overpowered by the same Saibamen when it grabbed him, and then killed by its subsequent detonation.

What I'm saying is that Yamcha was still close enough to Raditz-tier during the Saiyan saga that he could be injured/killed by that level of power. He wasn't Tien, who could one-shot-kill a Saibamen with a single generic move, or Krillin, who could wholesale slaughter the entire group of Saibamen with a single(divided) blast. Yamcha was definitely the weakest of the group(aside from Chiaotzu, obv.) He failed to stop that Saibamen, and lost his life because of it... I just don't see things ending much differently for him here, considering his opponent is superior to a Saibamen in pretty much every way that counts... /shrug

Bentley
Wouldn't Yamcha know about the tail weakness?

Galan007
Yamcha definitely knew that Goku's tail was the key to his Oozaru transformation, but I can't recall off hand if he knew that grabbing Goku's tail instantly weakened him... I also don't know if he'd connect the dots with Raditz in that regard.

Yamcha is a complete dipshit, after all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.