Donald Trump and the 14 signs of fascism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flashing Blade
Donald Trump and the 14 signs of Fascism
Dr. Lawrence Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes. Britt found 14 defining characteristics common to each:

Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - "Make America Great Again!"

Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Donald's open sanctioning of torture

Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - Muslims or Mexicans take your pick.

Supremacy of the Military - N/A

Rampant Sexism - Donald's sexism is a matter of public record

Controlled Mass Media - Donald is advocating being able to sue any media outlet that writes something bad about him.

Obsession with National Security - Donald has played the terrorism card over and over again.

Religion and Government are Intertwined - Donald frequently questions the faith of his opponents and has even had a fight with the Pope over faith.

Corporate Power is Protected - One look at Donald's economic plans will show you that.

Labor Power is Suppressed - Donald favors taking down the unions.

Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - In fairness Donald shows a lot of disdain these are just among them

Obsession with Crime and Punishment - A major part of his campaign

Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - See Muller Report

Fraudulent Elections - Donald hasn't directly been involved but his party is frequently responsible for fraudulent elections and stealing voter's rights.

MythLord
Fascinating. I think some of these examples may be reaching, but some patterns are hard to ignore.

Surtur
And yet in the end, nah he's not a fascist. People need to stop striping these words of all meaning. They've already done it to the word "nazi".

And to those who are gonna try to get into a huge argument trying to claim he's a fascist: this ain't the hill to die on. Don't do it, do not fall into the trap of getting utterly hysterical over this man. These words will absolutely fall on deaf ears cuz Trump Derangement Syndrome is rampant here, but I thought I'd put them out there nonetheless.

Putinbot1
Bet this guys thread triggered Surt.

Surtur
eat

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Bet this guys thread triggered Surt.

How did you guess? Amazing

Flashing Blade
I didn't mean to trigger anyone.

jaden_2.0
Not sure I even agree that corporate power being protected is part of a fascist state as unregulated powerful private corporations could rival a government in terms of economic and cultural influence. Not something a fascist government could tolerate

Putinbot1

Emperordmb
KEK what? You're conflating fascism with libertarianism now? You do realize they have diametrically opposed sets of principles right...?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Emperordmb
KEK what? You're conflating fascism with libertarianism now? You do realize they have diametrically opposed sets of principles right...? As the above post showed they agree on a few things.

Radical Liberatians have some overlap.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/09/19/libertarians-have-more-in-common-with-the-alt-right-than-they-want-you-to-think/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5633ea94ebd2

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/ohio-hovater-white-nationalist.html

Emperordmb
That's kinda dishonest though, because let's be real the economic policy of fascists is really the last thing people care about when it comes to fascism or the alt-right.

In fact the alt-right is rather divided on their economic policy. You have Richard Spencer types whose stance on healthcare honestly looks more like the democrats than the republicans, and you have alt-right economic libertarianesque types.

I'm not at all a fan though of playing the kind of game where you draw some guilt by association to any political stance held by the alt-right and use it to castigate the non-white supremacists who hold some degree of overlap with them on the non-racist things. I think that's bullshit tbh.

Putinbot1
Going to disagree kek.

This is interesting mate.

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/why-some-libertarians-become-fascists/

BrolyBlack
Another article nobody is going to read. Here is a better one
https://www.scienceabc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/old-man-and-laptop-300x200.webp
Research Shows Sexual Preference Can Change When Older

snowdragon
KEK what? You're conflating fascism with libertarianism now? You do realize they have diametrically opposed sets of principles right...?

That is until you want to pretend that libertarian is code speak for alt-right (neo-nazi!) Zomg who knew alt-righters are the new libertarian movement!

Surtur
Originally posted by Flashing Blade
I didn't mean to trigger anyone.

It's good you didn't actually trigger anyone. Learn what words mean though.

That's kinda dishonest though, because let's be real the economic policy of fascists is really the last thing people care about when it comes to fascism or the alt-right.

In fact the alt-right is rather divided on their economic policy. You have Richard Spencer types whose stance on healthcare honestly looks more like the democrats than the republicans, and you have alt-right economic libertarianesque types.

I'm not at all a fan though of playing the kind of game where you draw some guilt by association to any political stance held by the alt-right and use it to castigate the non-white supremacists who hold some degree of overlap with them on the non-racist things. I think that's bullshit tbh.

Bingo.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Going to disagree kek.

This is interesting mate.

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/why-some-libertarians-become-fascists/

Clearly diametrically opposed principles.

Someone who is alt-right may hold those points of view, but that doesn't mean they are "alt-right" points of view in and of themselves when there is justification for those perspectives from a different set of principles to the ones the alt-right hold.

Hmmm... so the article you linked said that left-wingers can defect as well? And that segments of the alt-right are more similar to the democrats economically?

More about how the underlying philosophies of libertarianism are different from those of fascism despite some policy agreement.

You are trying to poison the well of anyone on the right by suggesting virtually every form of being right-wing is a "gateway drug" to the alt-right as an excuse to dismiss right-wing talking points, regardless of whether or not they actually come from the alt-right. It's your excuse to call anyone on the right dangerous, or assume that they're racist, or otherwise judge people who believe in individualism and liberty by the views of those who do not.

The article doesn't even prove what you wanted it to prove, and that's the funny thing.

Surtur
At this point it's best to just assume anyone 1 centimeter to the right of marx is a fascist.

Bashar Teg
^

^

^

^

^

#circle-coping

Surtur
^Projecting

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
^Projecting

^^doesn't know what projection means, says it anyway

Surtur
Can you explain why a hardcore fascist like Trump wouldn't try to use executive privilege for...anything on the Mueller report?

Or did you need to be left alone to cope?

eThneoLgrRnae
And yet in the end, nah he's not a fascist. People need to stop striping these words of all meaning. They've already done it to the word "nazi".

And to those who are gonna try to get into a huge argument trying to claim he's a fascist: this ain't the hill to die on. Don't do it, do not fall into the trap of getting utterly hysterical over this man. These words will absolutely fall on deaf ears cuz Trump Derangement Syndrome is rampant here, but I thought I'd put them out there nonetheless.

Indeed, right on Surtur. They've done it to the word "racist" and "bigot" as well. They've overused them all so much that they no longer hold any real meaning. Trump is actually the opposite of a fascist. If he was truly a fascist then instead of just criticizing the lying media he'd be trying to shut them up... for good... when they lie about him. So far how many people has Trump imrisoned or killed for criticizing him? ZERO.

It's the left that has been acting like fascists. No surprise really since the original fascists were also on the left regardless of how much those on the left try to put pin fascism on the right.

BrolyBlack
Libtards: "Trumps Hitler"
Reality: Trumps's kids are jewish and the first president to move the US embassy to Israel.
Libtards: Thats Racist against Palestine

Trump:
https://media.giphy.com/media/jSB2l4zJ82Rvq/giphy.gif

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Reality: Trumps's kids are jewish and the first president to move the US embassy to Israel.

Trump:

laughing laughing laughing laughing

So very true. It's hilarious how they accuse people like Trump and the jewish Laura Loomer of being "nazis" or how they've called many black Trump supporters like Candace Owens "white nationalists" lmao. And they have the nerve to accuse us of being dumb?

Surtur

Trump:

Remember: this is the same side that labels *actual jews* as white supremacists. They probably think Ivanka daydreams about being put in a "Sophie's Choice" type scenario.

eThneoLgrRnae
Another article nobody is going to read. Here is a better one
https://www.scienceabc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/old-man-and-laptop-300x200.webp
Research Shows Sexual Preference Can Change When Older

laughing laughing No doubt Putin Bot is so triggered over you picking on him for his old age (not that I have anything against old people of course; I'm middle-aged myself).

eThneoLgrRnae
At this point it's best to just assume anyone 1 centimeter to the right of marx is a fascist.

Apparently that's what all the dumb f***s on the left seem to think. They literall label everyone who doesn't support wide-open borders and believes in strict immigratrion law enforcement as being "alt-right." In their tiny minds, everyone right of center is "alternative right" and so why not just simply call us all right-wingers if we're all the same? Why bother using the "alternative" label? Obviously it's to troll those of us on the right who're not "alt-right" by lumping us all in with those skinhead neonazi scumbags who actually have more in common with the radical left than they do true right-wingers.

eThneoLgrRnae
^Projecting

Yeah, they do a lot of that then turn around and claim we're the ones projecting.

Putinbot1
I wonder what is wrong with the 6% of Scientists who are republican?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.