Forthcoming game suggests the Matrix survives the films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
A point worth noting is that the forthcoming 'Matrix On-Line' game is, apparently, both set in the Matrix, and set AFTER the time of the films.

Which does not look good for Neo...

DarkMage31
Ohhh, if we can't unlock Neo in Enter the Matrix, then I hope they will make a game with him in it. Don't you think it is, in a slightly round about way of thinking, destroying the Matrix feel?
-DarkMage31

Stovenutts
so u think maybe he doesnt destroy the matrix, and the system just does what its spossed to do?

Ushgarak
I would certainly count that as a possibility.

DarkMage31
Was that a response to what I said Stovennutts? If so, you must have misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Like Ushgarak said, that's a possibility, but not what I was trying to say. All I said that was when you don't play as Neo or a main character, it doesn't feel like "The Matrix" as much - just another Max Payne bullet time thing. Not to say that Enter the Matrix is bad or anything - I'm just hoping Neo will be playable in Matrix Online!

Oh, and yes. Maybe he doesn't destroy the Matrix (yet). What I'm thinking is he lets the main human population experiance their "reality" while rebuilding human cities after the machines are defeated so it is less of a transition for all those Matrix-trapped people. If it is after the the final addition to the Matrix series, that tells us he CAN'T have destroyed it unless the Online is thoroughly screwed-up.

See what I'm saying? A point I never intended to make is turning out well! You said it is in the Matrix after the series. Point proven. Neo didn't end the Matrix by the end of the series. Wierd huh!

Ushgarak
Which is unlikely, seeing how much the Brother's pay attention to this stuff. So therefore it is very likely that the Matrix continues to exist after Revolutions.

DarkMage31
Yes, another good point. I can't wait to see how it ends! Although, I have a feeling it will be a worse mind-boggler than the previous two... there's gotta be layers to the Matrix - matrix inside a matrix inside a matrix... maybe that's how Neo felt the machines outside the Matrix...

Ushgarak
Ah well, that can be discussed in the "Is there more than one Matrix" thread.

DarkMage31
Anyway, I think we have reached a greater understanding of the sequel and I am quite content. I still want to see Neo in Matrix Online...

Stovenutts
sorry a little late...that response was to ushgarak not u darkmage but good point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.