Women less likely to receive CPR from bystanders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TempAccount

Surtur
Lol

Emperordmb
Honestly even without MeToo I'd feel a bit awkward about chest compressions

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Honestly even without MeToo I'd feel a bit awkward about chest compressions

We've gone from "I wouldn't even rape you" to "I wouldn't even CPR you".

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur
We've gone from "I wouldn't even rape you" to "I wouldn't even CPR you".

Well I'd do both...at the same time.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Well I'd do both...at the same time.

CPRape

cdtm
I don't know, CPR in general seems something people are afraid to give, because of litigation fears.

I asked a guy one time, if he'd sue if someone broke a rib from well meaning, but unneeded, CPR. He simply said "Yes!"

TempAccount
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't know, CPR in general seems something people are afraid to give, because of litigation fears.

I asked a guy one time, if he'd sue if someone broke a rib from well meaning, but unneeded, CPR. He simply said "Yes!" Good Samaritan law grants immunity from litigation in US

Surtur
It says the study had 75 people total, 45 men and 30 women. I wonder what percentage of women said they'd be willing to give CPR to another woman without hesitation when compared to the men.

shiv
If the chest you're pushing on is silicon enriched would it impact the effectiveness of the procedure.

Surtur
Originally posted by shiv
If the chest you're pushing on is silicon enriched would it impact the effectiveness of the procedure.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/gVoBC0SuaHStq/giphy.gif

cdtm
Originally posted by TempAccount
Good Samaritan law grants immunity from litigation in US

Probably not common knowledge, compared to how sue happy everyone is.

And it still costs to defend, even with protections.

Surtur
Seinfeld.

Tzeentch
If people were smart they'd be deathly afraid of giving anyone CPR frankly. CPR is a ****ing horrifying and traumatic ordeal to go through as both the recipient and the deliverer.

Putinbot1
I'll be honest I've given important first aid a few times and you actually don't think about what could happen to you in crisis.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch
If people were smart they'd be deathly afraid of giving anyone CPR frankly. CPR is a ****ing horrifying and traumatic ordeal to go through as both the recipient and the deliverer.

This is true, smart people don't go any further than the heimlich.

gold slorg
Honestly the "what is more likely" research will mostly prove useless, imo. People give thought out answers on such things, and... The situations where one needs CPR/other first aid are so rare and stressful, most people will just work on their instincts, unless they're properly trained (medical personnel, soldiers).

So most people will just pussy out no matter what, and it's nothing to be ashamed for, it's just normal for a panic-inducing situation. Others will jump to the rescue because of instincts working the other way.

Most people say "I could do CPR to a buddy my age, but I would never manage to do it to 90 year old woman, just too *ugh" and that's a normal line of thinking, but if thing like this happens, you don't notice those things actually. In the brain of a normal person, it's just the fact that someone needs medical aid + stress + the pressure from each single second rising. Additionally, it just mostly happens with people you know, your family, friends and coworkers, and that personal shit is way more important than all others.

tldr: when faced with this shit happening, 99% of people won't even process the "sue" part, they will either instinctively run to help, or instinctively get paralyzed with the idea they may fail and hurt the person in need. Both equally basic and understandable reactions. "What I would do if (...)" questions are useless in those scenarios.

At least my serious 2 cents lol.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by gold slorg
Honestly the "what is more likely" research will mostly prove useless, imo. People give thought out answers on such things, and... The situations where one needs CPR/other first aid are so rare and stressful, most people will just work on their instincts, unless they're properly trained (medical personnel, soldiers).

So most people will just pussy out no matter what, and it's nothing to be ashamed for, it's just normal for a panic-inducing situation. Others will jump to the rescue because of instincts working the other way.

Most people say "I could do CPR to a buddy my age, but I would never manage to do it to 90 year old woman, just too *ugh" and that's a normal line of thinking, but if thing like this happens, you don't notice those things actually. In the brain of a normal person, it's just the fact that someone needs medical aid + stress + the pressure from each single second rising. Additionally, it just mostly happens with people you know, your family, friends and coworkers, and that personal shit is way more important than all others.

tldr: when faced with this shit happening, 99% of people won't even process the "sue" part, they will either instinctively run to help, or instinctively get paralyzed with the idea they may fail and hurt the person in need. Both equally basic and understandable reactions. "What I would do if (...)" questions are useless in those scenarios.

At least my serious 2 cents lol. Excellent post Bart. thumb up

gold slorg
Thx mate thumb up

Robtard
Yeah, the tl;dr summed it up nicely on point, Bart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.