Mankind has lost its way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Christonabike
We live in days of sin and immorality.

What can we do as individuals to make the world better.

I believe the first act is opening our hearts to Jesus.

eThneoLgrRnae
Great advice except for the fact that many people don't believe in Jesus or if they do believe in Him think He was only a wise human and nothing more and is still just as dead today as He was over 2000 years ago when he died on the cross. I'm not among them of course but my point is that your advice is kind of useless to those people is it not?

Oh, and this thread belongs in the religion forum. Why did you post it here?

Surtur
I thought this was gonna be about the recent synagogue shooting in San Diego.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/27/us/san-diego-synagogue/index.html

eThneoLgrRnae
Ugh... I absolutely abhor clicking on any link with CNN in it.

Surtur
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Ugh... I absolutely abhor clicking on any link with CNN in it.

They tend to usually be able to do okay with breaking news. The real issues will come later on when they politicize this.

eThneoLgrRnae
OK, I'll give it a shot I guess lol.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yet another disturbed anti-semitic individual goes on a rampage. Hope no one was killed. Except for the gunman of course. He can go rot in Hell for all I care.

Surtur
One person dead.

eThneoLgrRnae
That's unfortunate. It wasn't by any chance the gunman was it?

Impediment
Pray to the imaginary sky wizard. Yeah, okay.

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
Pray to the imaginary sky wizard. Yeah, okay.

Sadly it's more like one side prays it was a white guy and the other side prays it wasn't.

eThneoLgrRnae
Not me. Whoever it is is a disgusting anti-semitic p-o-s regardless of his skin color.

Surtur
A rabbi was shot in the hand. Apparently members of the congregation engaged the gunman.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
A rabbi was shot in the hand. Apparently members of the congregation engaged the gunman.

Good that they were armed otherwise it could've been a lot worse.

Surtur
Good that they were armed otherwise it could've been a lot worse.

I don't know if they were armed, all it says was they "engaged" him.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh, ok.

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm watching it live on FOX at the moment on You Tube thru my PS3.

eThneoLgrRnae
White male adult taken into custody.

eThneoLgrRnae
An off-duty border patrol agent fired back at him but missed.

Surtur
An off-duty border patrol agent fired back at him but missed.

Seems like while the shot missed it still helped diffuse the situation. Good for him, thank god he was armed thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Agreed.

ArtificialGlory
It seems the shooter fled because his gun jammed.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Christonabike
We live in days of sin and immorality. Call Neil Breen. He'll know what to do.

Patient_Leech

Christonabike
Great advice except for the fact that many people don't believe in Jesus or if they do believe in Him think He was only a wise human and nothing more and is still just as dead today as He was over 2000 years ago when he died on the cross. I'm not among them of course but my point is that your advice is kind of useless to those people is it not?

Oh, and this thread belongs in the religion forum. Why did you post it here? Our Lord is Mighty friend; I put it in this board because I'm new. Jesus is God; Jesus is Divine. He died for our sins and came back and forgave; It is only through the Lord we are saved and set free to live forever. We cannot give up on those people we must spread the message of faith and keep them from their own arrogance and vanity.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

God had an angel kill babies.

Patient_Leech
God had an angel kill babies.

Very late-term abortion is okay when Yahweh does it. thumb up

Surtur
Hello ma'am, the giant flaming wheel with eyeballs all around the edges is ready to see you now...

cdtm
I knew mankind was lost the moment Liefield became a popular comic book artist.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Christonabike
Our Lord is Mighty friend; I put it in this board because I'm new. Jesus is God; Jesus is Divine. He died for our sins and came back and forgave; It is only through the Lord we are saved and set free to live forever. We cannot give up on those people we must spread the message of faith and keep them from their own arrogance and vanity.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here but many people who don't believe get extremely irritated and angry when you try to force it on them. Just be prepared to be called all kinds of names and be mocked by them for your beliefs.

mike brown
I think for all the problems we have the world is a better place than it used to be in alot of ways.

Surtur
Originally posted by mike brown
I think for all the problems we have the world is a better place than it used to be in alot of ways.

Indeed and I'm pretty sure in the USA crime(including shootings) have been steadily going down over the past few decades.

Emperordmb
As a fellow Christian you want my advice?

Come up with secular arguments for Christian morality. You'll have an easier time persuading atheists on that front than converting them. I know from experience.

mike brown
Indeed and I'm pretty sure in the USA crime(including shootings) have been steadily going down over the past few decades. there was a time not too many decades ago when there was something like 2000 murders a year in NYC.

I mean yes it's terrible what's happening in Chicago rn but there was a time in the 80s when Miami had similar numbers of homicides to Chicago today (500-600 per year) despite only being a fraction of the size.

I think what's increased are high profile mass shootings... And I believe a lot of that is down to copycats and people being inspired by shit like Columbine.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Emperordmb
As a fellow Christian you want my advice?

Come up with secular arguments for Christian morality. You'll have an easier time persuading atheists on that front than converting them. I know from experience.

Sooo.. show how Christianity is obsolete and unnecessary. Good call. I agree. thumb up

Surtur
You know I was wondering why we haven't seen much talk of the guy in california who drove his car into a group of people cuz he though they were muslims...but then I saw a picture of the guy and what race he is and now I 100% understand.

eThneoLgrRnae
You know I was wondering why we haven't seen much talk of the guy in california who drove his car into a group of people cuz he though they were muslims...but then I saw a picture of the guy and what race he is and now I 100% understand.

I didn't hear about that one. When did that happen?

Surtur
I didn't hear about that one. When did that happen?

Sunnyvale crash suspect targeted people he believed were Muslim, police say

If you're curious why you haven't heard much, here is a pic of the guy who did it:

https://i.imgur.com/Y4RX03w.jpg

eThneoLgrRnae
Ah, I see. Of course. It doesn't fir the MSM and the leftist narrative, obviously. thumb up

Emperordmb

Surtur

Adam_PoE

Sunnyvale crash suspect targeted people he believed were Muslim, police say

Complains that the mainstream media is not reporting this. Cites CNN.

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Complains that the mainstream media is not reporting this. Cites CNN.

laughing out loud

Emperordmb

Patient_Leech

Surtur

MythLord
Mankind has never had a "way". We've just been going in all possible directions, and each is fvcking psychotic in it's own right.

There was never a time of universal peace and morality for mankind. Ever. But quite frankly, I'd think the way we are currently is better than what we were... ever.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by MythLord
But quite frankly, I'd think the way we are currently is better than what we were... ever. B-b-but mah golden age.

Emperordmb
I'd say society is improving along some dimensions and regressing along others.

Lord Lucien
I'd say society is improving along some dimensions and regressing along others. As compared to which previous year(s)? Cuz I say we've progressed magnificently compared to the 1200s B.C. A lot more swimming pools and unicycles these days.

Surtur
I'd say society is improving along some dimensions and regressing along others.

Yeah, this country used to produce 50% of all the goods in the world.

And the crazed leftists screaming "tax the f*ck out of the rich!" need to be slapped upside the head if they try to 100% dismiss the past. What was it, a 90% tax rate under Eisenhower?

mike brown
I'd say society is improving along some dimensions and regressing along others. that statement would be true at any time in history

But all in all I'd much rather live now than any other time in history

mike brown
Yeah, this country used to produce 50% of all the goods in the world.

And the crazed leftists screaming "tax the f*ck out of the rich!" need to be slapped upside the head if they try to 100% dismiss the past. What was it, a 90% tax rate under Eisenhower? ..The reason we don't anymore is cause we are richer than the countries that are absorbing our factory jobs, thus we are more expensive to employ. Free trade ftw amirite?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by MythLord
There was never a time of universal peace and morality for mankind. Ever. But quite frankly, I'd think the way we are currently is better than what we were... ever.

I agree with you. But two things about that...

1. Fundamentalist Christians think there was a time of universal peace and morality in the Garden of Eden and man had a "fall" out of favor with God. Of course they're deluded, but that's what they think.

2. Yes, apparently Steven Pinker has become famous for writing a book on the subject of overall improvements in most metrics you can think of: The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined.

Originally posted by mike brown
that statement would be true at any time in history

But all in all I'd much rather live now than any other time in history

thumb up

I question whether there is even much regression now. Slow progression isn't necessarily regression. Even Saudi Arabia (I think it was) just allowed women to drive.. that was news a year or so ago. And it's hard to get much more backwards than Saudi Arabia.

dadudemon

dadudemon
thumb up

I question whether there is even much regression now. Slow progression isn't necessarily regression. Even Saudi Arabia (I think it was) just allowed women to drive.. that was news a year or so ago. And it's hard to get much more backwards than Saudi Arabia.

Mental and physical health is declining in many countries.

Just because there are fewer homicides and rapes does not mean we have improved, overall.

Overall, it is better, yes. But compared to 1970-ish, I'd say it is worse.

Far more single parents (hooray for the destruction of the family unit, right?).

Racial income inequality is greater now than in 1970 (hooray for the civil rights movement, right?).

Suicides are up to an all time high over the last 30 years.

We are fare fatter than in 1970.

Mental health issues, especially depression and multiple kinds of psychosis, are at an all time high.

And healthcare costs are out of control vastly eclipsing inflation rates.

In our pursuits of bigger, better, and more equal, we've made things worse. While a racist person might be drowned by a crowds spit if he or she spoke racism, that doesn't even come close to offsetting our other issues. Great, racism and sexism are tolerated less than ever. That's progress, for sure. But those other issues need to be resolved and are definitely more important - every single one of them are more important.

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, good point on mental health and various healthcare costs.

But the US has terrible healthcare anyway. I think we're one of the worst in the developed world.

I've been battle some healthcare nonsense lately due to allergies and it's been a f#cking nightmare, super expensive with new bills showing up months after. It's ridiculous.

So yeah, healthcare is an exception, but at least technology and research to help treat is getting better. It's just the implementation is problematic to say the least.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
I gave up point this out after 5 times. I think I should have pointed it out twice. And left it alone.

You'd think grown ass adults would only need to be told once...

MythLord
I agree with you. But two things about that...

1. Fundamentalist Christians think there was a time of universal peace and morality in the Garden of Eden and man had a "fall" out of favor with God. Of course they're deluded, but that's what they think.

2. Yes, apparently Steven Pinker has become famous for writing a book on the subject of overall improvements in most metrics you can think of: The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined.
Yeah, I suppose that's true, but even still many Christian fundamentalists these days critize specifically this timeframe, implying we've gotten even worse since the fall from grace. Which makes no sense in most capacities.

dadudemon
^ Yeah, good point on mental health and various healthcare costs.

But the US has terrible healthcare anyway. I think we're one of the worst in the developed world.

I've been battle some healthcare nonsense lately due to allergies and it's been a f#cking nightmare, super expensive with new bills showing up months after. It's ridiculous.

So yeah, healthcare is an exception, but at least technology and research to help treat is getting better. It's just the implementation is problematic to say the least.

Honestly, fixing healthcare (and including mental healthcare as part of that set) by offering something like Medicare for All would address many of these issues.

Include Socio-Economic Mobility and racial disparities. Crazy how all these things are tied to healthcare and healthcare costs.

Want to vastly improve the US Economy, long term? Make it to where healthcare is affordable for the other 2/3 of Americans. smile And improve the quality and types of healthcare offered. Focus on preventative care instead of reactive care like NHS.

Fixing this alone would address all the items I brought up (but to varying degrees, in each). Single motherhood would drop, mental health would improve, physical health would improve, people would miss work less often, people would have the ability to attend college or obtain skills (due to an increase in the availability of money), businesses would spend less on healthcare insurance (driving up their profits), racial inequality would not be as pronounced because now the poor can get quality healthcare (and keep jobs or get jobs).

It's a win win win win win win win. That's a lot of wins.

Patient_Leech
Honestly, fixing healthcare (and including mental healthcare as part of that set) by offering something like Medicare for All would address many of these issues.

thumb up thumb up

But Bernie Sanders is the devil... don't forget. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Focus on preventative care instead of reactive care like NHS.

Yep, that's key. I work in healthcare actually, so prevention is big.

dadudemon
thumb up thumb up

But Bernie Sanders is the devil... don't forget. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yep, that's key. I work in healthcare actually, so prevention is big.

You're not the first to state you worked or formerly worked in healthcare on KMC but also saw the need for a Universal Healthcare option. My oldest sister has worked in healthcare for years. She's super conservative (but would have voted for Hillary in 2008).

Wants a single payer option, at the least. no expression

70% of Americans want it.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/403248-poll-seventy-percent-of-americans-support-medicare-for-all

If even conservatives want it, what is really stopping us?

Patient_Leech
If even conservatives want it, what is really stopping us?

Greed? Corruption?

I don't know.. but it sucks.

walshy
https://pixelatedgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Mankind.jpg

Mankind might've lost his way but I found him again!

Surtur
Originally posted by walshy
https://pixelatedgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Mankind.jpg

Mankind might've lost his way but I found him again!

People actually took that sock in their mouth, nasty.

eThneoLgrRnae
No, Bernie is not the devil lol. No one said or implied he was. He's just a crazy, impotent, hypocritical old man. Hillary Clinton is legit evil. Bernie is just legit looney.

And as for Trump? He's just a legit patriotic American and very smart businessman. Oh, and a great president, of course. smile

Something that Bernie and Hillary will never ever be. smile

Patient_Leech
And as for Trump? He's just a legit patriotic American and very smart businessman. Oh, and a great president, of course. smile

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Surtur
I guess this could fit the topic too:

Graphic: Venezuelan National Guard Plows Into and Runs Over Protestors Oppsing Maduro

BrolyBlack

I am assuming you think you are smarter than Trump, indudge me. What have you done in your life that will eer measure up to his?

Satan Worshiping does not count.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I am assuming you think you are smarter than Trump, indudge me. What have you done in your life that will eer measure up to his?

Satan Worshiping does not count.

He's obviously just blowing smoke out of his ass. I'm sure Trump dwarfs him in intelligence as he probably would most (if not all) people on this forum.

Hey PL, so sorry my factual post triggered you bro. thumb up

Patient_Leech
I have a basic understanding of how reality and facts should shape knowledge and opinion and not the other way around.

Something that should be basic for any public leader, but Trump has yet to comprehend.

Oh, and I'm also not a pathological liar.

eThneoLgrRnae

Hey troll, quick question,

who's president right now Bernie or Trump? smile

BrolyBlack
I have a basic understanding of how reality and facts should shape knowledge and opinion and not the other way around.

Something that should be basic for any public leader, but Trump has yet to comprehend.

Oh, and I'm also not a pathological liar.

You also are not president of the united states, or a real estate mogal, or married to a hot wife or have a few billion dollars, your on KMC, thats the pinnacle of your career. So by that, I would say Trump is smarter than you.

Patient_Leech
I am actually married to a beautiful and wonderful Brazilian woman, so that much I have.

Are you done with your childish nonsense? Not that I expect anything else from you folks..

BrolyBlack
Dude you have a picture of hellboy as your avatar, and your location is satans bowels. That isnt childish?

eThneoLgrRnae

Nah, you really don't.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Dude you have a picture of hellboy as your avatar, and your location is satans bowels. That isnt childish?

Better than Pokemon, bro.

Nah, you really don't.

Oh, right. Because I don't accept the almighty power of the Bible when reality completely contradicts it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.