Post Endgame Hulk vs ......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
Post Endgame discussion so SPOILER ALERT is here as I dont think its reasonable for every post in a versus thread to be kept in spoiler tags.

So post Endgame, is Hulk the weakest heavyweight?

He was once considered by many to be the Avengers big gun. Now im wondering is he the weakest of the big guns?

For the heavyweight category im drawing the line at IW Iron Man. So anyone above IW IM is a Heavyweight. Anyone below him doesnt make the category.

And im not trolling. I was honestly expecting and hoping for Hulk to come back in a big way in Endgame. But given that he didnt, is there a heavyweight you would rank below him?

Also lets not make this a Thor vs Hulk thread. I think the vast majority place Stormbreaker Thor above Hulk anyway.

jaden_2.0
Yeah I was disappointed by his treatment in Endgame. His only feat is struggling to hold up the Avengers HQ after Thanos bombed it. Obviously he's badly injured by the snap and his right arm looked effectively useless. I think they could've made more out of his feelings for Nat but I'm guessing 5 years and him having a permanently giant green cock put any chance of that going anywhere to rest. Shame. If he was still in love with her then her death would be more impactful and it could've been used as a means to have him utterly rage out like never before. I thought the entire point of IW and having Hulk be "afraid" to show himself meant they were setting him up to beat some serious ass. Looks like that was another example of misdirection. Even before Endgame his feats were not on the level of either Ang Lee Hulk or DCU big guns like Supes and Doomsday.

Estacado
He also made taccos.

ShadowFyre
IW Iron man would mop the floor with professor hulk

Juk3n
He's just one dimensional. He lives in a universe where JUST being strong and durable isn't enough. He will always come up short against beings who can hang with him in both departments. Ya need a little extra, photons, magic, enchantments, etc

carthage
His armor was injured from the snap when he was holding up Avengers HQ

It’s actually a damn good feat

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
IW Iron man would mop the floor with professor hulk

It's not Professor, dummie.

Professor was his own man, a different Hulk from BannerHulk. He hasn't appeared in MCU.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carthage
His armor was injured from the snap when he was holding up Avengers HQ

It’s actually a damn good feat

arm*

And yeah, it was decent.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's not Professor, dummie.

Professor was his own man, a different Hulk from BannerHulk. He hasn't appeared in MCU.

Professor Hulk got weaker when he got madder right? Whereas Banner Hulk still got stronger when he was mad?

StiltmanFTW
Not exactly that simple:

Originally posted by ODG
X. PROFESSOR HULK STRENGTH

The Professor Hulk. Originally thought to be a merger of the Banner, Savage Hulk and Gray Hulk identities, it was later revealed that this persona was a wholly distinct fourth one.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk/ProfessorHulk.jpg

The Professor Hulk possessed all of Banner's intellect, the Savage Hulk's strength and Mr. Fixit's attitude. Due to brain damage caused by shrapnel, the Professor Hulk persona would warp into the Maestro, a self-styled villain for the rest of the world to unite against. In terms of strength, the Professor Hulk actually started off much stronger than the Savage Hulk. He also could ramp up his strength at a rapid pace. The only limiting factor to his strength was a mental fail-safe he created: should he completely lose control and become overly enraged, he would revert back to puny Banner.

StiltmanFTW
As for BannerHulk.

It was Bruce in Hulk's body. Bruce is a scientist, not a brute.

It simply wasn't in his nature to get as mad as Savage Hulk used to.

https://imgur.com/a/0nAFq

StiltmanFTW
tl;dr

Both got stronger the madder they got, but they had their own limitations on that thing.

StiltmanFTW
Professor was clearly superior in that department:

https://photobucket.com/gallery/user/OneDumbG0/media/bWVkaWFJZDo0MDQwMDkwMw==/?ref=

Josh_Alexander
On the contrary. I find this new iteration of Hulk to be the strongest.

He was holding the Avengers headquarters with one arm and whilst being injured. We are talking about tens of thousands of tons, if not hundreds.

Note that he wasn't really pissed off, but rather in pain due to his arm.

Lastly, Hulk not longer being the brute beast makes him very dangerous. Combining his great strength with his inteligence make him a powerful opponent.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

He was holding the Avengers headquarters with one arm and whilst being injured. We are talking about tens of thousands of tons, if not hundreds.

Lastly, Hulk not longer being the brute beast makes him very dangerous. Combining his great strength with his inteligence make him a powerful opponent.

I highly doubt he was holding the whole compound. I dont remember seeing that.Could have been a small section for all we know.

Darth Thor
Combining his great strength with his inteligence make him a powerful opponent.

Too bad we never saw this lethal combo. Like at all.

StiltmanFTW

That scene was clearly a tribute to Secret Wars and BannerHulk lifting that damn mountain.

As for your last paragraph... can't agree:

1. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3625023-cap+vs+avengers+%233-%234+%2811%29.png
2. https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/5779869-cap+feat+strength+striking+%284%29.png

(Ultimate Universe, but illustrates my point perfectly)

gauntlet o doom
I thought the feat of holding up Avengers HQ so it didn't squash Rocket and War Machine was pretty good. It made me think of the original Secret Wars feat when he was under 150 billion tons of Earth (I know Avengers HQ is nowhere near this weight)

StiltmanFTW
I beat you to it, gauntlet stick out tongue

Yeah, it was def Russos' intention to make everyone think of that SW feat thumb up

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Too bad we never saw this lethal combo. Like at all.

Gonna have to wait for WWH.

Hulk is clearly being prepared for something big. He was left out of the picture in IW, and then we never got the Hulk vs Thanos rematch.

StiltmanFTW
WWH won't happen, as they already wasted the Planet Hulk material in Ragnarok.

They can still unleash a raging Hulk on Earth, but under a different scenario.

Josh_Alexander
That scene was clearly a tribute to Secret Wars and BannerHulk lifting that damn mountain.

As for your last paragraph... can't agree:

1. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3625023-cap+vs+avengers+%233-%234+%2811%29.png
2. https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/5779869-cap+feat+strength+striking+%284%29.png

(Ultimate Universe, but illustrates my point perfectly)

It's clear by now that the MCU is going so much by the comics, so don't expect the samething to happen.

But we will have to wait to see.

As far as now is concerned, there is no indication that Bannerhulk is weaker than the previous movie versions.

Given that, a smart strong beast 》brute strong beast.

Josh_Alexander
WWH won't happen, as they already wasted the Planet Hulk material in Ragnarok.

They can still unleash a raging Hulk on Earth, but under a different scenario.

thumb up

Again, the MCU isn't following the comics. But you can expect a WWH MCU version.

StiltmanFTW
It's clear by now that the MCU is going so much by the comics, so don't expect the samething to happen.

But we will have to wait to see.

As far as now is concerned, there is no indication that Bannerhulk is weaker than the previous movie versions.

Given that, a smart strong beast 》brute strong beast.

What was made painfully clear was Banner's reluctance to any sort of violence.

He's a scientist. A nerd. A wimp. Not a raging beast.

Josh_Alexander
What was made painfully clear was Banner's reluctance to any sort of violence.

He's a scientist. A nerd. A wimp. Not a raging beast. .

Yes, Bannerhulk seems reluctant to fight. But with enough motivation, the only difference would be a smarter Hulk.

I mean, I bet he would have raged against Thanos for Natasha if given the chance.

StiltmanFTW
He can't replicate Hulk's mindless rage, that'd be his downfall.

Hank McCoy, Hank Pym, Reed Richards, Banner Hulk... there's a good reason why they all suck at combat.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Again, the MCU isn't following the comics. But you can expect a WWH MCU version.

WWH was all about Sakaar.

They can adapt the classic story with Mindless Hulk on the rampage instead.

Darth Thor

Oh yeah I got that right away. Was just waiting for someone (in Universe), to quantify what he was holding up.

Psychotron
It was a total waste. He got his ass kicked in IW and pussied out for the rest of the movie and in this one he didn't even fight Thanos. Everyone thought Hulk would have his big redemption moment against Thanos but nope. Gotta make Wanda and Captain Marvel look strong instead.

Darth Thor
Yeah im thinking Russos not got much love for Hulk.

Given he doesnt get his own movies, theres really no excuse to leave him out like that. Giant Man got more time to shine in the final battle.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, tbh that was my only issue with Endgame- well, that, and fat crybaby Thor.

Those two really got neutered.

Psychotron
Between that and the ending of the latest GoT episode I am so sick of girl power nonsense.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Psychotron
Between that and the ending of the latest GoT episode I am so sick of girl power nonsense.

Me too. I thought it worked in Endgame, though- even if it seemed a bit excessive.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Me too. I thought it worked in Endgame, though- even if it seemed a bit excessive.

It was very excessive. When there are 2 females on the team, each one who can Solo a guy that beats the crap out of the Big 3 OG Avengers simultaneously.

And that scene with all the women together. Ugh. No need. Save that for the female team up film.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah im thinking Russos not got much love for Hulk.

Given he doesnt get his own movies, theres really no excuse to leave him out like that. Giant Man got more time to shine in the final battle. I would say it's exactly because he doesn't have his own movies he isn't getting to shine. Why waste scenes on someone who doesn't bring the studio money?;stick out tongue 😛

Psychotron
Everyone loved Hulk in Avengers, though. They shat on him for no reason at all. Thor too. He had a great arc in IW and then regressed in Endgame.

playa1258
Also Hulks movie rights belong to Universal. Universal and Disney have a relationship of mutual hate.

Just another reason Hulk doesn't get the spotlight.

Darth Thor
Everyone loved Hulk in Avengers, though. They shat on him for no reason at all. Thor too. He had a great arc in IW and then regressed in Endgame.

I mean Thor was given a reason plot wise, and he had his moment to shine in IW.

Russos just seem to have Zero love for Hulk though.

Originally posted by playa1258
Also Hulks movie rights belong to Universal. Universal and Disney have a relationship of mutual hate.

Just another reason Hulk doesn't get the spotlight.

And yet he was given plenty of action in Avengers 1&2 plus Ragnarok.

So its not a Marvel/Disney thing. Seems like a Russo thing to me.

SSJGGogeta

Psychotron
I mean Thor was given a reason plot wise, and he had his moment to shine in IW.

And what's the justification for rolling back his character development to pre-Thor 1?

Darth Thor
And what's the justification for rolling back his character development to pre-Thor 1?

Not justifying it. Just saying he had his moment to shine under the Russos in IW. And was a major part of the final battle in this one. Hulk was given nothing by them.

Psychotron
Not justifying it. Just saying he had his moment to shine under the Russos in IW. And was a major part of the final battle in this one. Hulk was given nothing by them.

Sure, Hulk got it worse.

Josh_Alexander
He can't replicate Hulk's mindless rage, that'd be his downfall.

Hank McCoy, Hank Pym, Reed Richards, Banner Hulk... there's a good reason why they all suck at combat.

WWH wasn't mindless. He was enraged but he was pretty much concious. He even mocked the heroes.

This Hulk will likely follow the same path. At least I see it that way.

Psychotron
You're dreaming. There will never be a WWH or any kind of Hulk movie as long as Universal holds the distribution rights.

Darth Thor
WWH wasn't mindless. He was enraged but he was pretty much concious. He even mocked the heroes.

This Hulk will likely follow the same path. At least I see it that way.

Ah right as usual waiting for the next film to see what Hulk can really do.

This was the Endgame. So dont expect that next one for another 3years at least.

That said, Banner Hulk would be the obvious choice to lead the Avengers now, which might actually give him more relevance.

Silent Master
Don't count on it, they'll likely have CM leading the Avengers.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Silent Master
Don't count on it, they'll likely have CM leading the Avengers.
BINGO

HulkIsHulk
That's true though, but only action wise. So while his only shown contribution to the final battle was finishing off an Outrider Cap had already taken out, Banner's brain had a lot to do

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.