Rank the Avengers + Thanos in combat ability

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Valkorion
All peak Avengers
Base Thanos with sword
Earlier incarnations of Avengers too

How does the ranking go

Darth Thor
Well I dont think they have left much room for debate for the top 4:

1) Captain Marvel
2) Scarlet Witch
3) Thanos
4) Thor

After that my top 10 would finish like so:

5) Doctor Strange
6) Vision
7) Hulk (A1-Ragnarok)
8) Iron Man
9) War Machine
10) Quicksilver

Not included Mjolnir Cap , but he would likely be at 5.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Valkorion
All peak Avengers
Base Thanos with sword
Earlier incarnations of Avengers too

How does the ranking go

You are talking about combat abilities right? I mean, stats equalized?

ShadowFyre
Yeah. Can you clarify please because that would drop Captain Marvel several notches

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well I dont think they have left much room for debate for the top 4:

1) Captain Marvel
2) Scarlet Witch
3) Thanos
4) Thor

Oof.

Anyway, I'd put Strange above all four of those honestly.

Valkorion
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
You are talking about combat abilities right? I mean, stats equalized?

Not just skill, combat ability in general

NotAllThatEvil
1.Scarlet witch

2. Stormbreaker thor from IW

3. Thanos

4. Captain Marvel

5. God of thunder captain America

6. Iron man.

7. Hulk

.8. Non enhanced avengers(hawkeye, falcon, war machine etc.)

playa1258
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
IW Thor
SW
Thanos
Iron Man
Giant Man
Hulk

StiltmanFTW

4) Thor

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by playa1258
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
IW Thor
SW
Thanos
Iron Man
Giant Man
Hulk

Giant man? Really? He seems far more lethal as Ant man than giant man

deathslash
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Giant man? Really? He seems far more lethal as Ant man than giant man he lifted a weight that the hulk couldn't.......casually at that.

Anyway, I'm surprised that Wanda is being ranked so highly. She might have more raw power than pretty much everyone else, but as far as combat ability goes, she's severely lacking. Doctor Strange managed to do extremely well against thanos while he was actively wielding the stones.....

Khazra Reborn
I don't think it's fair to rank Wanda so high after one really ooc high showing. Probably shouldn't even be included in this, for the most part. Strange is a lot better over all

Josh_Alexander
Powerwise:

1. Strange
2. Hela
3. Wanda
4. CM.
5. Thanos base

Combat Skills:

1. Thanos/C.America
2. Hela
3. Bucky/T'Challa/B.Widow.
4. Valkyrie/Okoye
5. Thor

deathslash
Powerwise:

1. Strange
2. Hela
3. Wanda
4. CM.
5. Thanos base

Combat Skills:

1. Thanos/C.America
2. Hela
3. Bucky/T'Challa/B.Widow.
4. Valkyrie/Okoye
5. Thor that power list is mostly correct, but that list of actual combat skill is really off.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by deathslash
he lifted a weight that the hulk couldn't.......casually at that.

He also replicated what arguably remains Hulk's greatest pure striking feat to date, in that he casually dropped a Chitauri Leviathan with a left cross while in giant form during the final battle. And, IIRC, seemingly accidentally killed Cull Obsidian by simply stepping on him in passing. Or it could have been intentional. Could only see his giant foot IIRC. Either way, he squashed a Hulkbuster level opponent like a literal bug.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
Oof.

Anyway, I'd put Strange above all four of those honestly.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I know its bad mad

Also yeah Doc Strange may be higher, but I have to save some face embarrasment

Josh_Alexander
that power list is mostly correct, but that list of actual combat skill is really off.

Who would you have then?

deathslash
Who would you have then? consider the following:

You put Valkyrie above Thor. Valk had a literal army of equally (if not superior) sisters backing her up against Hela and barely survived because her friend sacrificed herself for her. Thor (without his hammer and while wielding and unfamiliar weapon) managed to practically break even with Hela.

You put Bucky, panther and widow at the same spot, but bucky has bodied Natasha twice and BP has in turn bodied Bucky twice.

Hela simply is not in the number 2 spot. Her feats consist of throwing swords and overpowering characters that a physically beneath her to begin with.

Thanos has no right even contending for the number 1 spot. Iron Man alone managed to prove to be an impressive challenge in h2h for him back in IW. Cap was tactically dismantling him once he got the hammer so it's pretty obvious that the only reason that Thanos was beating on him is because of the significant physical advantage.

Khazra Reborn
1. Prime Thor
2. Thanos (w/IG)
3. Dr. Strange
4. Base Thanos
5. Captain Marvel
6. Cuck Thor

carthage

TheVaultDweller
Actually, the whole sequence was the first time Tony and Peter met up since everyone being brought back, where Tony was laser and repulsor'ing up fodder when Cull cheapshotted him from behind. Then Tony morphed his arms into a pair of those big-ass blasters he threatened Drax with during the last film, before they get interrupted by Spiderman, who yanks Cull backwards, underneath Scott's foot. But the point I was making more was that we've seen how durable he is in the last film, withstanding hits from charged up Black Panther, Spiderman, Hulkbuster and IW Iron Man without serious damage. And Giant Man wasn't even actively trying to fight him. If he can cause that much damage with a step, just imagine what he can do to you if he gets his hands on you and really tries to hurt you.

Josh_Alexander
consider the following:

You put Valkyrie above Thor. Valk had a literal army of equally (if not superior) sisters backing her up against Hela and barely survived because her friend sacrificed herself for her. Thor (without his hammer and while wielding and unfamiliar weapon) managed to practically break even with Hela.

You put Bucky, panther and widow at the same spot, but bucky has bodied Natasha twice and BP has in turn bodied Bucky twice.

Hela simply is not in the number 2 spot. Her feats consist of throwing swords and overpowering characters that a physically beneath her to begin with.

Thanos has no right even contending for the number 1 spot. Iron Man alone managed to prove to be an impressive challenge in h2h for him back in IW. Cap was tactically dismantling him once he got the hammer so it's pretty obvious that the only reason that Thanos was beating on him is because of the significant physical advantage.

That's because I am just taking combat skills into consideration.

FrothByte
1. IG Thanos
2. CM
3. IW Thor
4. Prime Thanos
5. Endgame Cap

Dr. Strange is difficult to gauge. He has the best crowd control powers but his destructive output is pretty minimal. Remember this is the guy who lost to Maw.

Wanda has very good destructive output but it's still a glass canon.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
1. IG Thanos
2. CM
3. IW Thor
4. Prime Thanos
5. Endgame Cap

Dr. Strange is difficult to gauge. He has the best crowd control powers but his destructive output is pretty minimal. Remember this is the guy who lost to Maw.

Wanda has very good destructive output but it's still a glass canon.

I rank Strange 1st (Well obviously after IG Thanos). He was able to hold his ground against 3 infinity stones.

I doubt any other hero can do that.

SSJGGogeta
I rank Strange 1st (Well obviously after IG Thanos). He was able to hold his ground against 3 infinity stones.

I doubt any other hero can do that.

CM held her own against, and even overpowered all 6, as did prime Thor.

So...

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte

The more I see of what Strange can do, the more I feel that loss to Maw was PIS to get him on that ship. He can do things like casually redirect thousands of liters of water, conjure multiple glowing tendril things that take out several opponents at once, can block multiple projectile attacks from different directions from Dormammu, fight Thanos wielding multiple Infinity Stones etc. but loses to Maw? Hell, even the Cloak of Levitation killed another sorcerer in Strange's solo film by strangling him to death, and those guys were bending matter and running along walls and stuff.

TheVaultDweller
Also, on a random note, while this isn't really reflective of combat ability, Strange must have a friggin' computer for a brain. I mean the mental focus and processing power he would actually need to do this is machine-like, if you consider the scale and the level of detail he had to observe and track:

eGKPfZTXHsc

Darth Thor
^ Yeah thats a pretty insane mental feat that gets overlooked.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The more I see of what Strange can do, the more I feel that loss to Maw was PIS to get him on that ship. He can do things like casually redirect thousands of liters of water, conjure multiple glowing tendril things that take out several opponents at once, can block multiple projectile attacks from different directions from Dormammu, fight Thanos wielding multiple Infinity Stones etc. but loses to Maw? Hell, even the Cloak of Levitation killed another sorcerer in Strange's solo film by strangling him to death, and those guys were bending matter and running along walls and stuff.

I would point out he had major prep time against Thanos. Even seeing multiple versions of the fight beforehand.

Whist Maw was just an on the spot fight.

Its too big a fight to just brush aside though IMO.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Yet like I said, he still lacks in destructive output and durability... Best crowd control though.

ares834
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

So...

Nope. Thanos wasn't initially using the stones against her. It seems he needs to clench his fist or snap to use them. That's why when she stops him from snapping he removes the power stone and then punches her. He did use them all against Thor though.

TheVaultDweller
^ Yeah thats a pretty insane mental feat that gets overlooked.

I would point out he had major prep time against Thanos. Even seeing multiple versions of the fight beforehand.

Whist Maw was just an on the spot fight.

Its too big a fight to just brush aside though IMO.

It's debatable how much he factored in the specific details during that encounter when he knew the end result was always going to lead to Thanos taking the Stone from him in anyways. Besides, his powerset and other feats combined should have been enough. Literally, the cloak just needed to distract Maw long enough for Strange to conjure one of those eldritch swords and stab him, dump him in the mirror dimension (which he could even call on the fly as a total noob, like he did against Kaecilius in his solo film), hit him with the Crimson Bands etc. I mean that cloak even resisted Thanos himself for a bit. But instead he chooses to go for the one move that would leave him vulnerable to Maw's manipulation, who seemed unable (or at least have severe difficulty to the point where he doesn't even bother) to control animate objects. And ends up right where the plot needs him to be for the Titan showdown to kick off. I mean he can direct tons of water into a spiral, but can't knock one skinny alien out of the air? IMO, the Maw battle is a low-end for him at this point.

ShadowFyre
Nah. I think maw was the perfect opponent for strange because ho operates much quicker

TheVaultDweller
Except Strange has a tag-team partner that is also much quicker than he is, and has actively defended him against opponents such as Kaecilius and his acolytes, to the point of blocking hits from warp shards and even killing one of them. Strange losing completely on his own would be one thing. But when he has the perfect companion to buy him time in this kind of situation, he shouldn't really be losing, based on what he can do.

h1a8
Ancient One with time stone should be high up on the list.
And Strange with time stone as well.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

So...

No, they didn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.