\m/ The Satanic Temple \m/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
The Satanic Temple Is Now Officially an IRS-Approved Tax-Exempt Church

thumb up thumb up

Adam_PoE
Hail, Satan.

Bashar Teg
delicious devil

mike brown
Satanists are attention seeking f@gs tbh

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by mike brown
Satanists are attention seeking f@gs tbh

Not entirely. They're trying to spread some awareness and make a point. Some points worth making...

mike brown
Nothing that they have that is worth saying requires invoking Satan. They do so to be edgy cause they are attention seeking f@gs

Patient_Leech
Nothing that they have that is worth saying requires invoking Satan. They do so to be edgy cause they are attention seeking f@gs

Not really. If they didn't they would be too easily ignored.

Got to ruffle some feathers.

mike brown
It's just the kind of juvenile nonsense that attracts teenage atheists who want to be more edgy.

I would respect them more if they did Human sacrifice and shit like that instead of just dressing in black and preaching a generic secular humanist morality.

Patient_Leech
It's just the kind of juvenile nonsense that attracts teenage atheists who want to be more edgy.

I would respect them more if they did Human sacrifice and shit like that instead of just dressing in black and preaching a generic secular humanist morality.

But literal sacrifices wouldn't be "juvenile nonsense" to "attract teenage atheists"? confused

They're helping prevent the encroachment of theocracy.

A very noble cause.

mike brown
At least it would be something that resembles actual Satanism, not just invoking the name as a fashion statement.

How exactly is this "preventing theocracy"?

Surtur
I'm not exactly thrilled, I don't think churches should be tax exempt.

Though I guess if they're gonna do it for other religions they gotta do it for this one. I'd rather they just not do it.

mike brown
I don't care about them getting tax exempt status btw. I just don't respect them and find them to be disingenuous shit stirrers. Being a Satanist that doesn't believe in Satan is about as coherent as being a Christian that doesn't believe in Christ.

Surtur
I don't care about them getting tax exempt status btw. I just don't respect them and find them to be disingenuous shit stirrers. Being a Satanist that doesn't believe in Satan is about as coherent as being a Christian that doesn't believe in Christ.

These guys are the original edgelords lol.

MythLord
Most Satanists are technically just Hedonists, actually.

mike brown
Originally posted by MythLord
Most Satanists are technically just Hedonists, actually. They are hedonists with wishy washy secular morality. Aka boring twats

MythLord
I think you're one of the few people who is actually complaining that not enough people worship Satan...

Surtur
If everybody worshiped Satan the world would be a better place.

Patient_Leech
How exactly is this "preventing theocracy"?

Example: when after-school programs want to include Christian pamphlets to try to brainwash kids early, the Satanists insist on being able to include their own pamphlets. Guess what? It puts a stop to the Christian pamphlets really quickly. Pushing a particular religion is not supposed to be allowed in public education.

But I'm not going to do your research for you. Do it yourself. The film coming out is "Hail Satan" and it involves a similar situation but on a larger scale with a statue on public grounds.

mike brown
Originally posted by MythLord
I think you're one of the few people who is actually complaining that not enough people worship Satan... It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

mike brown
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Example: when after-school programs want to include Christian pamphlets to try to brainwash kids early, the Satanists insist on being able to include their own pamphlets. Guess what? It puts a stop to the Christian pamphlets really quickly. Pushing a particular religion is not supposed to be allowed in public education.

But I'm not going to do your research for you. Do it yourself. The film coming out is "Hail Satan" and it involves a similar situation but on a larger scale with a statue on public grounds. do my research for me? I just asked you to back up a claim that you made.

I think your example is silly, too. You don't need to promote Satanism in order to support the separation of church and state. I think you just like anything that will upset Christians.

Emperordmb
I mean they're mostly harmless.

Provocative edgelords (which I can understand as a strategy), or hedonists (which I don't morally approve of but there's much worse things to be).

Patient_Leech
I think your example is silly, too. You don't need to promote Satanism in order to support the separation of church and state. I think you just like anything that will upset Christians.

How are you still missing the point? It's an effective strategy to counter Christian privilege...

Sure, anyone could simply point out that it's unconstitutional, but Christianity is privileged. Most elected officials profess to be Christian, so they don't care if such unconstitutional demonstrations benefit Christianity. In fact in many cases they probably prefer it. But if Satanists step in and demand equal representation (which in fairness they should be able to do) it makes people illegally promoting Christianity rethink the situation.

Robtard
How are you still missing the point? It's an effective strategy to counter Christian privilege...

Sure, anyone could simply point out that it's unconstitutional, but Christianity is privileged. Most elected officials profess to be Christian, so they don't care if such unconstitutional demonstrations benefit Christianity. In fact in many cases they probably prefer it. But if Satanists step in and demand equal representation (which in fairness they should be able to do) it makes people illegally promoting Christianity rethink the situation.

Could say in that sense that they're doing god's work in keeping the playing field even.

mike brown

Sure, anyone could simply point out that it's unconstitutional, but Christianity is privileged. Most elected officials profess to be Christian, so they don't care if such unconstitutional demonstrations benefit Christianity. In fact in many cases they probably prefer it. But if Satanists step in and demand equal representation (which in fairness they should be able to do) it makes people illegally promoting Christianity rethink the situation. so they don't care about something being unconstitutional but they some how care about Satanists demanding equal rights? Why don't they just use their Christian privilege to deny them equal rights?

Patient_Leech
No, they DO care about it being unconstitutional. Hence their whole endeavor.

Constitutionally there can be no establishment of any particular religion over others. They either have to allow all religious proselytizing or none at all, so promoting Satan makes Christians back off. Hence preventing encroaching theocracy.

mike brown
I think you're going a long way looking for an excuse to hail Satan. Like I said you can challenge the Constitutionality of an action without inventing a fake religion to support. You could just object to the Christians proselytizing without trying to do your own. Or .. you could try to hand out Qurans, which is bound to scare them more than fake Satanists.

Patient_Leech
Lol, but they wouldn't actually WANT to proselytize for Islam.. that makes no sense. It's arguably worse than Christianity.

...fake religion...

Lol, talk about redundancy. But it's not "fake." At least not anymore, since it's officially tax exempt with the IRS.

mike brown
No shit they wouldn't. Which serves the same purpose you say the Satanist Boogeyman is supposed to serve.

And you know that's not what I mean by fake.

Patient_Leech
No shit they wouldn't. Which serves the same purpose you say the Satanist Boogeyman is supposed to serve.

No, it simply would not serve the same purpose because then they'd be spreading the horrors of Islam and not tenets such as these...

7 Fundamental Tenets

There's no need to be triggered by their 'edginess' if you actually look at what they're about.

mike brown
Uh.. ok. So let's try to follow your logic here.

Here is the quote that started this:

So as far as I can tell, the object here is not to spread Satanism but to prevent anyone from spreading their religion in school by demanding equal rights.

If the goal is to actually get them to let you spread Satanism in schools, this naturally will allow for Islamic proselytizing as well. Since that's how equal rights works. So it seems to me you haven't thought this through at all.

mike brown

There's no need to be triggered by their 'edginess' if you actually look at what they're about. I don't actually have much against their actual beliefs

I think they're corny cause they cloak themselves in a faux edgy label and then reinvent the meaning of Satanism to be some pussified version of basic secular atheism. That's what's wrong with kids these days... They call them selves satanists but don't even have the basic conviction to pay homage to the dark lord with a virgin sacrifice. **** those posers imo

TempAccount
What's so bad about satanism?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by TempAccount
What's so bad about satanism? Their penchant for chronic lower caseism.

Patient_Leech
So as far as I can tell, the object here is not to spread Satanism but to prevent anyone from spreading their religion in school by demanding equal rights.

If the goal is to actually get them to let you spread Satanism in schools, this naturally will allow for Islamic proselytizing as well. Since that's how equal rights works. So it seems to me you haven't thought this through at all.

Like I said, it's about what the constitution allows. Either all religions or none. But Christianity often gets a pass and they're simply pointing out that illegality and attempting to remedy it. Of course if anyone tried to proselytize Islam in public schools it would be massively controversial. But Christianity? Not so much.. but it should be, and they're making it so.

If you asked the Satanic Temple what their "goal" is, I don't know what they'd say. If they happen to be battling some religious discrimination case then the goal is probably to either get legal permission to proselytize for Satanism along side Christianity or to get all religion disallowed from public education. Either way it's a win.

I don't actually have much against their actual beliefs

I think they're corny cause they cloak themselves in a faux edgy label and then reinvent the meaning of Satanism to be some pussified version of basic secular atheism. That's what's wrong with kids these days... They call them selves satanists but don't even have the basic conviction to pay homage to the dark lord with a virgin sacrifice. **** those posers imo

They don't actually believe in Satan, more than likely they're atheists. Satan is used as a symbol of freedom of expression, rebellion, personal autonomy, etc.

Apparently according to mike it's that they don't do human sacrifices. lol

Surtur

Nothing, in the end they essentially "worship" free will.

These folk definitely seem to have been influenced by the "Church of Satan" that cropped up in the 1960's. That was counter culture type stuff.

EDIT: Actually I think it might vary when it comes to what they believe. I think some do see Lucifer as some sort of supernatural force, but not evil.

Surtur
It can be confusing because I've read stuff where people consider Lucifer and Satan as two separate beings. This article discusses it:

https://www.ranker.com/list/origins-of-lucifer-in-christianity/genevieve-carlton

Patient_Leech
I believe there is a separate sect that does believe in a literal Satan.

But the Satanic Temple does not.

mike brown
Like I said, it's about what the constitution allows. Either all religions or none. But Christianity often gets a pass and they're simply pointing out that illegality and attempting to remedy it. Of course if anyone tried to proselytize Islam in public schools it would be massively controversial. But Christianity? Not so much.. but it should be, and they're making it so.

If you asked the Satanic Temple what their "goal" is, I don't know what they'd say. If they happen to be battling some religious discrimination case then the goal is probably to either get legal permission to proselytize for Satanism along side Christianity or to get all religion disallowed from public education. Either way it's a win.I am not talking about their goal.. I'm referring to the mechanism through which you stated they are preventing theocracy. I agree that trying to keep proselyting out to schools is a good goal. I don't see hailing Satan as a necessary ingredient to that project, for the reasons I pointed out. And I don't regard a situation where people are free to preach Christianity along side Satanism, Islam Scientology and you name it as a win. None of them have any place in public schools.

I know they don't worship Satan. Which is why I think they're phony. Like I said it's like being a Christian that doesn't believe in Jesus.

Adam_PoE
The Satanic Temple is a non-theistic religious organization focused on halting the encroachment of religion on government.

Secular and church-state separation organizations share the same goal, but are not as successful in their efforts, because they are often denied standing to challenge laws and institutions that confer privileges to majority religions, because they are not religions themselves.

By organizing around a controversial religious figure, The Satanic Temple demonstrates to government officials, Christian Dominionists, and the general public the importance of government neutrality with regard to matters of religion.

Adam_PoE

Patient_Leech
I am not talking about their goal.. I'm referring to the mechanism through which you stated they are preventing theocracy. I agree that trying to keep proselyting out to schools is a good goal. I don't see hailing Satan as a necessary ingredient to that project, for the reasons I pointed out. Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The Satanic Temple is a non-theistic religious organization focused on halting the encroachment of religion on government.

Secular and church-state separation organizations share the same goal, but are not as successful in their efforts, because they are often denied standing to challenge laws and institutions that confer privileges to majority religions, because they are not religions themselves.

thumb up

And I don't regard a situation where people are free to preach Christianity along side Satanism, Islam Scientology and you name it as a win. None of them have any place in public schools.

Education on multiple religions is a good idea. Indoctrination in one is what's wrong because kids often don't know better.

I know they don't worship Satan. Which is why I think they're phony. Like I said it's like being a Christian that doesn't believe in Jesus.

Incorrect. You could easily follow his supposed teachings without "believing in" him.

TempAccount
Originally posted by Surtur
Nothing, in the end they essentially "worship" free will.

These folk definitely seem to have been influenced by the "Church of Satan" that cropped up in the 1960's. That was counter culture type stuff.

EDIT: Actually I think it might vary when it comes to what they believe. I think some do see Lucifer as some sort of supernatural force, but not evil. In superficial ways, Satanic principles resemble the code of the Sith.

I dream of the day I can open a Sith temple.

Patient_Leech
rockon

Q0hWh2TA4uM

Patient_Leech
The Satanic Temple gets religion

An interesting read...

Robtard

Carlavie85
Well, That is very bad for a student to hear something like that from a master. That is the reason I prefer to learn online with professional on https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/10/04/top-jobs-for-students-in-new-york/ Where you can get your assignment or also, Prepare yourself for top jobs in new York. Which will be beneficial for a long term. I wish I could know about this a long ago.

Martintyler
Sure, anyone could simply point out that it's unconstitutional, but Christianity is privileged. Most elected officials profess to be Christian, so they don't care if such unconstitutional demonstrations benefit Christianity. In fact in many cases they probably prefer it

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard
Problem is, people tend to focus on the few people who wear devil costumes as a goof and dismiss the real reason and strategy for the ST's existence. That or just scream "Devil Worshipers!". But Bill Clinton did bow down to Moloch at Bohemian Grove. Alex Jones filmed it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.