Are Facebook Memes Election Interference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zucc
The old age chestnut

A lot of left wing folk have insisted that Russia has obstructed our democracy. It was the basis for a lot of their smoke blowing towards Trump and Putin. While I think there criticism to be had for both these characters, separately, I don't really feel like Facebook posts are a real threat.

Do we also call it election meddling every time an american politician throws their support for some foreign stooge?

Robtard
Trumpers: "Russian interference was a Nothing Burger Leftist cry about!"

Also Trumpers: "Why didn't Obama do more to stop the Russian interference!!!"

The humor at the cog-dis writes itself.

/thread

Zucc
Originally posted by Robtard

/thread

1) As an individual, I don't remember ever asking Obama to do more to stop election interference. Rob, at least when I ad hominem you it's accurate (example - you being out of touch with what young people experience today)

2) doesn't answer the question.

And yes, I do think the "election interference" is a nothing burger. So no, I don't care that Obama didn't do enough to stop it.

Zucc
Collary to that point.

If Obama did know about the Facebook memes being posted beforehand, could have blocked it.. but instead planned to use it as a form of damage control to slander Trump from the presidential grave, that could be problematic.

Emperordmb
So if the BBC writes several articles bitching about Trump is that election interference?

Zucc
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So if the BBC writes several articles bitching about Trump is that election interference?

Exactly my point.

eThneoLgrRnae
Course not. It only goes one way.

If Putin had funneled funds into the Trump campaign would that be viewed as interference? Most definitely.

But Obama (back when he was president) does the exact same thing for Benjamin Netanyahu's campaign opponent and no one even bats an eye.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Robtard

/thread

/bingo

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Zucc
The old age chestnut

A lot of left wing folk have insisted that Russia has obstructed our democracy. It was the basis for a lot of their smoke blowing towards Trump and Putin. While I think there criticism to be had for both these characters, separately, I don't really feel like Facebook posts are a real threat.

Do we also call it election meddling every time an american politician throws their support for some foreign stooge?

Since they had groups of people specifically tasked with creating memes to spread falsehoods and instill division then, yeah. I'd say it counts as interference.

dadudemon
Collary to that point.

If Obama did know about the Facebook memes being posted beforehand, could have blocked it.. but instead planned to use it as a form of damage control to slander Trump from the presidential grave, that could be problematic.

Whirly posted stuff that indicated Russia was doing meme things as far back as 2014. If Russia interfering with our elections really was such a big deal to Democrats, he conversation should start with Obama. We did it when it came to 9-11 and terrorism when we questioned what Clinton could have done better. So why does Obama get a pass? What did he do? If the interference was negligible (like it actually was), Obama did nothing wrong. If it wasn't, why aren't we talking about Obama ignoring it and dropping the ball? He appointed a Cybersecurity Czar, right? That was his thing. So why didn't that result in better cybersecurity governance?

Also, I think the word you're looking for is "corollary."

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Whirly posted stuff that indicated Russia was doing meme things as far back as 2014. If Russia interfering with our elections really was such a big deal to Democrats, he conversation should start with Obama. We did it when it came to 9-11 and terrorism when we questioned what Clinton could have done better. So why does Obama get a pass? What did he do? If the interference was negligible (like it actually was), Obama did nothing wrong. If it wasn't, why aren't we talking about Obama ignoring it and dropping the ball? He appointed a Cybersecurity Czar, right? That was his thing. So why didn't that result in better cybersecurity governance?

Also, I think the word you're looking for is "corollary."

^Bingo. Big time.

cdtm
Wasn't it Russia that was responsible for Hillary's email hack?

That is something that could affect voting habits.

Zucc
Originally posted by cdtm
Wasn't it Russia that was responsible for Hillary's email hack?

That is something that could affect voting habits.

Nope.

It was seth rich.

eThneoLgrRnae
Nope.

It was seth rich.

Bingo. thumb up

....despite what the official story is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.