MCU Civil War 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Team Cap vs. Team Ironman

Captain America (Endgame Final Battle)
IW Thor
Ragnarok Hulk
Scarlet Witch

Vs

Ironman
Captain Marvel
Vision
Doctor Strange

Who wins?

Psychotron
Considering that CM and Wanda both dabbed on Thanos while Thor, Cap and Tony got smashed I think it's pretty obvious.

NotAllThatEvil
Scarlet witch and IW thor win

ShadowFyre
Team 1 decimates. Captain Marvel may be the most powerful but I stillndint believe she can beat IW Thor, plus Cap, plus Wanda

Josh_Alexander
Team 2.

Strange could Solo.
CM and Vision just seal the deal.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Team 2.

Strange could Solo.
CM and Vision just seal the deal.

Other than BFR'ing them to the mirror dimension, how exactly does Strange solo this?

Darth Thor

Strange could Solo.

True, I mean the guy did overpower a full IG shot, and impaled Thanos.

No wait... That was IW Thor!

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Other than BFR'ing them to the mirror dimension, how exactly does Strange solo this?

BFR and Time Stone are Strange's standard gear and should be considered valid when debating such character.

In such aspect, and considering that the OP never limited these, Team 1 has no chance against such a powerful reality warper.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
True, I mean the guy did overpower a full IG shot, and impaled Thanos.

No wait... That was IW Thor!

You mean, Stormbreaker laughing out loud

define "full". Thanos had no intel on SB and there is no reason to believe that he used the best tactic to stop it.

He could have just snapped his fingers and erase SB from existence, or simply move away from SB's path.

FrothByte
BFR and Time Stone are Strange's standard gear and should be considered valid when debating such character.

In such aspect, and considering that the OP never limited these, Team 1 has no chance against such a powerful reality warper.

define "full". Thanos had no intel on SB and there is no reason to believe that he used the best tactic to stop it.

He could have just snapped his fingers and erase SB from existence, or simply move away from SB's path.

Pretty sure the time stone is normally specified in these threads if it is intended to be used. Last time we saw Dr. Strange in action he wasn't using the time stone, therefore I will assume he doesn't have it here unless OP specifically states he does.

BFR won't be that effective considering Thor can just Bifrost them back. Heck, he can Bifrost Strange into outer space and I doubt Strange is fast enough to portal himself back.

Now... how exactly is Strange going to solo here?

Darth Thor

I didnt realise Stormbreaker was an Avenger.

Josh_Alexander
Pretty sure the time stone is normally specified in these threads if it is intended to be used. Last time we saw Dr. Strange in action he wasn't using the time stone, therefore I will assume he doesn't have it here unless OP specifically states he does.

BFR won't be that effective considering Thor can just Bifrost them back. Heck, he can Bifrost Strange into outer space and I doubt Strange is fast enough to portal himself back.

Now... how exactly is Strange going to solo here?

The fact that he didn't use the stone doesn't mean it falls outside his standard gear.

The Ancient One clearly specified that the time stone is related to the sorceror supreme. Kinda like the soul stone to Voromir.

The mirror dimension is as the word suggest a dimension, and falls outside the normal MCU dimension. Just like Dormammu's realm.

The Bifrost is to travel through space not through realities.

I didnt realise Stormbreaker was an Avenger.

Anyone could have swinged the hammer boy.

And again, Thor's only advantage was the element of surprise.

Darth Thor

Anyone could have swinged the hammer boy.

Oh so first it was a separate special character, and now its a simple hammer anyone can swing.

You really like to make your own rules up as you go along.

The fact that he didn't use the stone doesn't mean it falls outside his standard gear.

He Doesnt even have possession of the stone anymore. It was destroyed.

But you know, carry on making up your own MCU rules thumb up

carthage

Darth Thor
Yeah but Thor has mental control over it. And told the Guardians they wouldnt be capable of wielding it.

Hilarious that Josh is calling the destroyed Time Stone Stranges standard weapon, but treats Mjolnir as some independent being that just happens to be in Thors hands.

FrothByte

The Ancient One clearly specified that the time stone is related to the sorceror supreme. Kinda like the soul stone to Voromir.

The mirror dimension is as the word suggest a dimension, and falls outside the normal MCU dimension. Just like Dormammu's realm.

The Bifrost is to travel through space not through realities.

We go by latest versions here unless otherwise specified in OP. Latest version Dr. Strange doesn't have the time stone. You have a problem with that, raise it with OP.

I mentioned that Bifrost was capable of countering Strange's portals, not necessarily the mirror dimension. We don't know how the Bifrost will react there. We know Strange's portals also allow you to travel through space yet they work fine in the mirror dimension... so it seems silly to think the Bifrost would be completely useless in there.

But even if it doesn't work, that still won't stop Wanda from simply crushing Strange while he tries to open the mirror dimension or Thor hitting him with a bolt of lightning.

There's no way he can solo this.

Josh_Alexander
Oh so first it was a separate special character, and now its a simple hammer anyone can swing.

You really like to make your own rules up as you go along.

He Doesnt even have possession of the stone anymore. It was destroyed.

But you know, carry on making up your own MCU rules thumb up

I love how you turn hilarious when debating Thor. I suggest you go and watch Endgame buddy.

Thanos literally used SB against Thor! laughing out loud

Again, the only advantage Thor ever had against IW Thanos was surprising him.

Making up rules! Stop making up BS!

P.S: I actually forgot they were destroyed (If they actually were).

Either way, Strange locks them up in the Mirror Dimension.

/thread.

Josh_Alexander
Yeah but Thor has mental control over it. And told the Guardians they wouldnt be capable of wielding it.

Hilarious that Josh is calling the destroyed Time Stone Stranges standard weapon, but treats Mjolnir as some independent being that just happens to be in Thors hands.

Who was it? Borg or Rocket?

Anyhow, I was using their frase.

Borg's/Rocket's opinion》》》》》》》you.

Sorry DT.

Josh_Alexander
We go by latest versions here unless otherwise specified in OP. Latest version Dr. Strange doesn't have the time stone. You have a problem with that, raise it with OP.

I mentioned that Bifrost was capable of countering Strange's portals, not necessarily the mirror dimension. We don't know how the Bifrost will react there. We know Strange's portals also allow you to travel through space yet they work fine in the mirror dimension... so it seems silly to think the Bifrost would be completely useless in there.

But even if it doesn't work, that still won't stop Wanda from simply crushing Strange while he tries to open the mirror dimension or Thor hitting him with a bolt of lightning.

There's no way he can solo this.

Agree. Forgot about that.

I don't recall Strange using portals within the mirror dimension. Even if he did, they were portals through the space within such dimension, not through different ones.

Either way, the mirror or pocket dimensions are enough for this job saddly.

Strange effectively countered 3 infinity stones + Thanos without the use of the Time Stone.

I have no doubt he will be just fine locking them all in another reality.

deathslash
Team one takes this IMO. The last man standing on team 2 will be Strange.

Jmanghan
Other than BFR'ing them to the mirror dimension, how exactly does Strange solo this? By BFR'ing them to another dimension, lol.

Arachnid1
Captain Marvel, Strange, and SW are the heaviest hitters here. I'll go with the team that has two thirds of them (team 2).

ShadowFyre
How is Thor not a heavy hitter as well? He slams the ground once and literally everyone but Captain Marvel dies?

And are we going by current Wanda? I havent watched a single episode so I may be pretty far out of the loop.

carthage
Wanda immediately tilts this heavily in favor to team 1

She turns them into chimps

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
How is Thor not a heavy hitter as well? He slams the ground once and literally everyone but Captain Marvel dies?

And are we going by current Wanda? I havent watched a single episode so I may be pretty far out of the loop. Thor is great (I'd give him a solid 4th place here if it makes you feel any better), but he definitely did the worst against Thanos other than Hulk. People always specify IW Thor as if it's some huge difference. Yes he got fat, but he got stomped offscreen in the IW Avengers intro (after his Ragnorok amp) and Endgame. His one good hit in IW was the result of a surprise variable since he couldn't replicate it with Stormbreaker in the next movie against a Gauntlet-less Thanos.

Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch both would have beat Thanos solo. Strange did the best other than them in a 1v1.

Also I recommend you don't read too much from this thread before watching WandaVision. She was already powerful enough to stomp Thanos solo in IW. She's been amped well beyond that. I'd say she's the deciding factor here over everyone else.

TheVaultDweller
Team 1 should win. Wanda is the MVP. She already showed during the CA:CW that she could control/manipulate Vision's body when she increased his density to send him through several floors and was able to easily encase him inside an energy cube during her battle with Agatha in order to stop him from interfering. And she should be able to casually mindrape either Strange or Tony. The only threat to her on Team 2 is Carol who at least has the mental feat of resisting the Supreme Intelligence. But the others can keep Carol away from her while she's busy and then it's a 4-on-1 onslaught. Also, while Carol does have a mental resistance feat, we don't know how she'll handle it if Wanda actually used her chaos magic against her.

ShadowFyre
I really do need to check it out would yall recommend Wanda vision or bucky and falcon

TheVaultDweller
I really do need to check it out would yall recommend Wanda vision or bucky and falcon

It's kind of hard to say, because they're very, very different from each other in terms of themes and content for the most part. They do both have some psychological elements in them, but it's approached differently in each show. The Falcon & The Winter Soldier has a lot more political and social commentary in it though. Dunno if you consider that a plus or a minus.

Arachnid1
I really do need to check it out would yall recommend Wanda vision or bucky and falcon Start with Falcon and Winter Soldier since it's currently more relevant and you can take part in discussions about the show or here in versus. The final episode is next week.

So far though, WandaVision is better on the whole IMO. I didn't expect that since I tend to prefer political action thriller type plots. It's been a fun watch, but it's mostly just small scale stuff with no real implications for the future. I was hoping for more. Great action though, and US Agent is a fantastic character addition to the MCU.

Wanda Vision will also probably have bigger implications in the MCU going forward though (especially with Wanda being in the next Strange movie) due to her new power levels. Save the best for last and watch F&WS first.

ShadowFyre
Thanks guys. They both sound decent but I am really looking forward to Lokis

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thor is great (I'd give him a solid 4th place here if it makes you feel any better), but he definitely did the worst against Thanos other than Hulk. People always specify IW Thor as if it's some huge difference. Yes he got fat, but he got stomped offscreen in the IW Avengers intro (after his Ragnorok amp) and Endgame. His one good hit in IW was the result of a surprise variable since he couldn't replicate it with Stormbreaker in the next movie against a Gauntlet-less Thanos.

Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch both would have beat Thanos solo. Strange did the best other than them in a 1v1.

Also I recommend you don't read too much from this thread before watching WandaVision. She was already powerful enough to stomp Thanos solo in IW. She's been amped well beyond that. I'd say she's the deciding factor here over everyone else.

Thor got stomped offscreen in IW but it wasn't by Thanos. Or at least not in a one on one scenario. We can infer this because when Hulk threw down with Thanos, Maw stopped Cull from interfering and told him "Let him have his fun".

This seems to imply that Thanos had not yet "had his fun" and thus did not fight Thor in a fair, one on one fight like he did the Hulk.

But even if we removed that line, there's literally nothing in that scene to indicate that Thor got stomped by Thanos. The entire black order was there after all and Thanos already had the power stone.

FrothByte
Anyway, team 1 wins. They have the only reality warper in the fight (Wanda), the best fighter who also happens to be amped with Thor's powers (Cap), the one with the most destructive output and craziest AOE's (Thor), and the physically toughest and strongest character (Hulk).

Team 2 has Vision who's already proven to be susceptible to getting electrocuted and is someone Wanda can control to a degree with her powers. Strange has some great crowd control powers but lacks the offensive output to take out majority of Team 1. Ironman will put up hell of a fight and is quite versatile, but his offensive output is also somewhat lacking. Remember that his best shots only cause Thanos a slight wound. In comparison, Cap was able to knock down Thanos and had him squirming in pain at one point, Wanda was outright crushing Thanos, and Thor's axe was able to completely chop his head off.

Team 2's best player in this case is Captain Marvel who has a good combination of strength, mobility and long range attacks but I'm having a hard time seeing her beating the entire team 1 on her own once her team mates get taken out. She also doesn't have enough feats with her photon blasts to indicate she can take out tanks like Thor and Hulk. We do know that her photon blasts affected Thanos far less than Cap's and Thor's lightning blasts.

Adam Grimes
Vision rips everybody's heart off before they realize what's happening. /s

ShadowFyre
Is vision super fast now?

FrothByte
Is vision super fast now?

Pretty sure that isn't canon. I was fine including it as his feats while Wandavision was in the middle of the season but now that we know what was going on, it doesn't seem logical to include his superspeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.