Scarlet Witch vs. Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
* Endgame incarnations

** Wanda faces off with Carol thinking that Carol killed Vision.

*** Same setting as Wanda vs. Thanos

Who wins?

carthage
Carol is too fast

Unless Wanda grabs her immediately she gets splattered

TheVaultDweller
Carol should win this. Both have immense destructive output, but one of them also has a considerable amount of physical strength and durability over the other one as well, and it is not Wanda. Plus, Carol has dealt with someone who used kind of similar abilities before, in Yon-Rogg with those gauntlets of his. Obviously, Wanda is a lot more powerful than those, but it's a similar effect.

ShadowFyre
Like most Wanda battles. Its another quick draw scenario

FrothByte
Wanda is still a glass canon who can't take a full powered hit.

TheVaultDweller
She can raise shields though, and was able to use her powers to help protect herself during her fight with Proxima. So, not quite a complete glass cannon. And it looked like she was going to crush Thanos to death with her powers, which is no easy feat. But yeah, would still back Carol. She could probably withstand anything short of a full on crush move, and batter her way through the shields with either her blasts or her fists.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FrothByte
Wanda is still a glass canon who can't take a full powered hit.

She defended herself and Vision from Thanos with one hand whilst destroying the Mind stone with her other hand. So She had plenty of defensive and offensive power... Just as long as she activates it.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
She can raise shields though, and was able to use her powers to help protect herself during her fight with Proxima. So, not quite a complete glass cannon. And it looked like she was going to crush Thanos to death with her powers, which is no easy feat. But yeah, would still back Carol. She could probably withstand anything short of a full on crush move, and batter her way through the shields with either her blasts or her fists.

I don't really put much stock on Proxima considering Falcon and BW were able to knock her around a bit.

I'd like to see Wanda's shields take on a full hit from guys like Thanos, Hulk or Thor.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
She defended herself and Vision from Thanos with one hand whilst destroying the Mind stone with her other hand. So She had plenty of defensive and offensive power... Just as long as she activates it.

Nah, all she really did was push Thanos back as he was walking forward. He wasn't attacking her, so she wasn't exactly defending from attacks.

Darth Thor
Nah, all she really did was push Thanos back as he was walking forward. He wasn't attacking her, so she wasn't exactly defending from attacks.

Shows strength though, holding Thanos back, who was actively trying to push through.

And that while simultaneously destroying an Infinity Stone no less!

TheVaultDweller
I don't really put much stock on Proxima considering Falcon and BW were able to knock her around a bit.

I'd like to see Wanda's shields take on a full hit from guys like Thanos, Hulk or Thor.

It's not about Proxima's combat ability, but her damage output. Some of her blasts from her staff sent Wanda sailing through the air and smashing through glass ceilings, shop windows and such.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6907617-5262467758-giphy.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6907650-2793989525-giphy.gif

And I didn't think someone would already have made a gif of this (but hey, looks like someone did), but it allowed her to survive what looked like a direct hit from Thanos' ship without major injury:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6907682-2891390827-giphy.gif

But, as I said in my earlier posts, Carol still has her beat in the toughness department by a long margin, and would take this IMO.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Shows strength though, holding Thanos back, who was actively trying to push through.

And that while simultaneously destroying an Infinity Stone no less!

I don't doubt that she's strong. I just don't think she has the necessary defenses to stop a bullrush from CM.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's not about Proxima's combat ability, but her damage output. Some of her blasts from her staff sent Wanda sailing through the air and smashing through glass ceilings, shop windows and such.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6907617-5262467758-giphy.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6907650-2793989525-giphy.gif

And I didn't think someone would already have made a gif of this (but hey, looks like someone did), but it allowed her to survive what looked like a direct hit from Thanos' ship without major injury:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6907682-2891390827-giphy.gif

But, as I said in my earlier posts, Carol still has her beat in the toughness department by a long margin, and would take this IMO.

As I said, I'm not saying she isn't capable of defense. When I said she was a glass canon, I should have clarified that I'm saying that in the context of tier A combatants like CM or Thanos or Thor. Because as far as I can tell, she doesn't have the feats to indicate that she can block blows from opponents of this caliber.

Darth Thor
I don't doubt that she's strong. I just don't think she has the necessary defenses to stop a bullrush from CM.

Yeah probably not.

But I give her a much better chance post Endgame.

carthage

BruceSkywalker
Carol takes this, but Wanda puts up a fight

Eon Blue
CM wins.

ShadowFyre
Valkyrie is a very strong asgardian whose flesh is apparently more durable than alien spacecraft.

TheVaultDweller
As I said, I'm not saying she isn't capable of defense. When I said she was a glass canon, I should have clarified that I'm saying that in the context of tier A combatants like CM or Thanos or Thor. Because as far as I can tell, she doesn't have the feats to indicate that she can block blows from opponents of this caliber.

Fair enough. As I said myself, while Wanda isn't defenseless herself, Carol still outclasses her in this category by A LOT. I mean forget the cannons. She can straight up bullrush through the ship itself like it's Styrofoam, without picking up a scratch.

NotAllThatEvil
Wanda could also start the mind games with carol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.