The Mad Max Timelines - original trilogy & Fury Road

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-Continuity
Hello Marauders,

Enjoy my hard work if you want:

THE MAD MAX TIMELINE
madmaxtimeline. blogspot. com

The original trilogy: "Mad Max" (1979), "Mad Max 2" (1981) aka "The Road Warrior" and "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" (1985).

Of course, "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015) is an alternate universe, so there's a standalone timeline only for it.

I think you will enjoy my timelines and articles, because they truly explain a lot about the two 'Maxes' and their worlds.

Thank you and... have a nice read!

Patient_Leech
Cool, I may try to give it a read sometime...

Originally posted by X-Continuity
Of course, "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015) is an alternate universe, so there's a standalone timeline only for it.

Yeah, my understanding from what George Miller has said is that the stories are just sort of various stories of a mythical figure (Max), and they don't necessarily follow a coherent timeline.

X-Continuity
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Cool, I may try to give it a read sometime...

Yeah, my understanding from what George Miller has said is that the stories are just sort of various stories of a mythical figure (Max), and they don't necessarily follow a coherent timeline.

Glad you'll check it!

Yes, Miller hinted that, even if I must say that the continuity of the first 3 movies, the original trilogy, is pretty solid and coherent anyway.

Robtard
Love the films. Miller has stated conflicting info regarding Fury Road. First it was a re-imagining of Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior, then it was an alternate universe all together, then it was part of the original story line and the 4th installment.

To me the "re-imagining" with a side of alt universe makes the most sense, where the events of Mad Max happened and this is a separate split. With Max having his Ford Falcon intact in Fury Road when it was completely destroyed in Mad Max 2, among other conflicts makes be believe this makes the most sense.

Putinbot1
I only really liked 1 and 2, which were amazing. I can't stand the reboot. I don't know why.

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I only really liked 1 and 2, which were amazing. I can't stand the reboot. I don't know why.

It's one of those movies that people either really enjoyed or hated.

To me in terms of quality/enjoyment:

-MM2

-MM:FR
-MM

-MM:BT

Patient_Leech
Fury Road is a modern masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

There are so many moments that melt your face off it's so good, even on repeat viewings.

Give this man MORE $$$ and MORE resources, please...

https://media.giphy.com/media/lRSPumVQIO3sY/giphy.gif

It's amusing when you think about it that it's the same director who gave us Happy Feet...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0E9CrSVVI3g4/giphy.gif

riv6672
Mind. Blown.

Anyhow, i liked the original trilogy less and less as they came out/i got older. I was 11 in 79 and 16 by the time the third hit theaters, and i found it really campy.
Fury Road was pretty cool.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by riv6672
Mind. Blown.

Anyhow, i liked the original trilogy less and less as they came out/i got older. I was 11 in 79 and 16 by the time the third hit theaters, and i found it really campy.
Fury Road was pretty cool. I was 12 in 79, kind of felt the same, one and two hreat, thunderdome shite.

Patient_Leech
Coupla OLD f#cks! I wasn't born until well after '79. 😝 stick out tongue

Yeah, Thunderdome with Tina Turner is pretty much garbage. The others are good, though, even if a little dated.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Coupla OLD f#cks! I wasn't born until well after '79. 😝 stick out tongue

Yeah, Thunderdome with Tina Turner is pretty much garbage. The others are good, though, even if a little dated. laughing out loud thumb up

riv6672

Patient_Leech

Robtard
#gottem

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
#gottem

https://media.tenor.com/images/9ddea6899165d002b3a0e77185698599/tenor.gif

riv6672
And definitely better shape than Rob.
He just postsfat w. backne. yes

Robtard
Maybe, but I doubt it. I'm in pretty good damn shape, and not "for 45", just in general smile

riv6672
heh heh big grin

Putinbot1
As Bada has often said, the oldies here would easily take the young uns.

Flyattractor
Bada aint Shit with out his Mod-Dick in his hand.

Full Flaccid with out it.

roughrider
I grew up with the original trilogy, and The Road Warrior made the biggest impression on me as a kid when I was able to rent it on VHS. It was the most influencial of the three.

Mad Max 1, it was an impressive debut. Though Miller hadn't fully formed his post apocalyptic world at the time, everyone remarked on the film making talent behind what could have been just another exploitation revenge thriller. But it would take decades for me to see it without the hilarious bad American voice dubbing.

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, it actually took me forever to sit down and watch it in a full sitting. It just smacked of Hollywood taking the property and sanding down the rough edges, complete with the stunt casting of Tina Turner as his nemesis. As Miller shared his directing duties with someone else, his lack of passion behind the camera was reflected on screen. It's still good, but not really great.

Now, Mad Max: Fury Road - it was one the ten greatest movie experiences I ever had in a movie theatre, where I was so engaged it was like an out of body experience. That's only happened with films like the Original Star Wars trilogy, Saving Private Ryan, The Lord Of The Rings trilogy - films where I feel the director has me totally in grip. It was the best film of 2015.

X-Continuity
Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, it actually took me forever to sit down and watch it in a full sitting. It just smacked of Hollywood taking the property and sanding down the rough edges, complete with the stunt casting of Tina Turner as his nemesis. As Miller shared his directing duties with someone else, his lack of passion behind the camera was reflected on screen. It's still good, but not really great.

"Thunderdome" is a movie full of passion, vision, sense of dynamics and kinetic energy.
It's one of the most visionary and epic movies of the eighties.

Oliver Lau
glisch

I'm not a fan of the Mad Max series. But Fury Road was very good. I watched Fury Road on Netflix. The movie is continuous action.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by roughrider
I grew up with the original trilogy, and The Road Warrior made the biggest impression on me as a kid when I was able to rent it on VHS. It was the most influencial of the three.

Mad Max 1, it was an impressive debut. Though Miller hadn't fully formed his post apocalyptic world at the time, everyone remarked on the film making talent behind what could have been just another exploitation revenge thriller. But it would take decades for me to see it without the hilarious bad American voice dubbing.

Now, Mad Max: Fury Road - it was one the ten greatest movie experiences I ever had in a movie theatre, where I was so engaged it was like an out of body experience. That's only happened with films like the Original Star Wars trilogy, Saving Private Ryan, The Lord Of The Rings trilogy - films where I feel the director has me totally in grip. It was the best film of 2015. Gladiator is the best movie experience I think I ever had.

StiltmanFTW

Robtard
Forget where I posted this before, maybe the Fury Road thread in the movies section, but Miller has said three different stances in regards to Fury Road. He's said it's a sequel to MM3, he's said it's a hard reboot and he's said the above, a re-imagining of the character.

It being a sequel to MM3 makes no sense, as his car was destroyed in MM2. The hard reboot and re-imaging stances do.

X-Continuity
Originally posted by Robtard
Forget where I posted this before, maybe the Fury Road thread in the movies section, but Miller has said three different stances in regards to Fury Road. He's said it's a sequel to MM3, he's said it's a hard reboot and he's said the above, a re-imagining of the character.

It being a sequel to MM3 makes no sense, as his car was destroyed in MM2. The hard reboot and re-imaging stances do.

Well,

Tom Hardy's Mad Max probably lived through some events vaguely or completely reminiscent of the ones that Mel Gibson's Mad Max lived through, so basically Fury Road could be a sequel to an alternate counterpart of the original "version" of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.